I can't remember a single thing Apocalypse won outside of bad futures aside from that swords clown show

I can't remember a single thing Apocalypse won outside of bad futures aside from that swords clown show.

Attached: 1640921636579.jpg (328x619, 46.71K)

Other urls found in this thread:

goldennumber.net/wp-content/uploads/pepsi-arnell-021109.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Apocalypse winning = everyone loses.
Age of Apocalypse and the inevitable future where Apocalypse wins
He's just a destined bad end kind of guy and if he wins everyone else loses.

I mean, they could just give him a few small victories.

Like Green Gobbo with his Gwen Stacy moment.

They do that with everyone.
But no one can win a major war or even a small battle.
Because them mimicing the real world and something changing it too much away from that is a big no no.

Apocalypse jobs harder than Thanos, even that X of Swords thing he "won" by loosing. was it ever explained how his wife got Twilight blade, since Bill was trying to get it around the same time

Attached: RCO078_1623775904.jpg (1041x1600, 534.88K)

They're supposed to be two unrelated swords that only share a name

Apocalypse's what now?

the first mutant, keeper of the mugga grimoire, consort to genesis, seated at the autumn table, bear to rictor's twink, conqueror of annihilation
°\•_A_•/°

X of Swords, turns out Pocky had a wife and kids who got sealed in a hell realm trying to stop demons from invading, with a bunch of other ancient mutants. Apocalypse's whole "Survival of the Fittest" schtick was just to prepare Earth for said demonic invasion. Pocky won the whole shitty tournament by taking the demon possessing his wife unto himself then immediately surrendering causing the bad guys to loose all claim on Earth.

That's an awful retcon. Aren't there much better ways to prepare the world for demons invading than nuking the planet and hoping muggas repopulate?

>That's an awful retcon
A perfect summary of the current status quo, and it gets better, THIS is what happens if they lost that shitty tournament in Otherworld because apparently despite beating back Dormamu, Umar, Shumagorath and other nightmare hell demons Strange and every other Sorcerer Supreme couldn't beat these nameless hordes.

Attached: maruaders-x-of-swords-dead-avenger-1244502.png (800x556, 652.33K)

The majority of the krakoa era is just a bunch of awful retcons stacked on top of each other.

He got to traumatize Warren for years after transforming him into Archangel. It's not that much from this angle, but still something.

No shit. He's the villain.

Kek, that's so sloppy. They could at least have used X-Men corpses or "mutant magic" or something.
Care to list any more? I got lost a while back.

>Care to list any more?
Xavier never really gave a shit about co-operation
>Except he might
>Him and Magneto have been working together despite everything Magneto has done
>Mister Sinister was part of this
>Moira McTaggart is/was a mutant with the ability to reset the timeline back to her conception and port her mind back
>She's the mastermind behind EVERYTHING related to mutants
>She also hates mutants and wants to depower them
>Emma Frost used to work for the Kingpin
>Apocalypse was a good guy and all those genocides were to get us ready for a demonic invasion
And many more I can't be assed to remember because they're fucking retarded I really don't know why I'm still reading, is it some hope that the second act I know is never coming might happen, am I just that riddled with Stockholm syndrome

Kek, jesus christ. Is the only way out of this mess to kill Moira and reset to an 11th timeline where everything BUT Krakoa happened?

All the times someone voluntarily joined him to become a Horseman, from Caliban to Gambit are all victories of a sort for him.

>Is the only way out of this mess to kill Moira and reset to an 11th timeline where everything BUT Krakoa happened?
Nope because Mystique depowered Moira during Hickman's swansong/forced resignation Inferno, followed up with her dying and being reborn as a killer android in X Lives/Deaths of Wolverineshe's about to do something to Mary Jane to sneak on to Krakoa

Attached: zkmqfj3pltu81.png (640x853, 935.47K)

I'd argue convincing Hulk to become War was his biggest victory

>Xavier has known Wanda and Pietro weren't really mutants since the 1980s and just never told anyone
>Shaw's dead girlfriend Lourdes Chantal wasn't really killed by Sentinels, Emma faked her death so she could escape Shaw because he beat her
>Remember that time Shaw's son Shinobi taunted him with a claim that maybe Harry Leland was his real dad? That's canon now.
Also the probably unintentional implications that because Moira told Xavier and Magneto everything, they knew what was coming and basically let everything bad that happened up to 2019 take place for the purpose of radicalizing the mutant population to a point where they'd accept Krakoa.

But user, that... that's stupid.

user, I'm so so sorry

Attached: 177.jpg (550x512, 41.15K)

>basically let everything bad that happened up to 2019 take place
I think you mean "actively fostered."

Oh, and on a metasense the franchise that basically built its brand on minority allegory now ranges from outright championing exploitative colonialism and corporatocracy to unironic fascist ethnonationalism.

God imagine Xavier running around the Marvel Universe trying to stop all the worst shit from happening
>Peter, PETER! You have to let May die TRUST ME PETER DON'T LISTEN TO THE DEVIL TRUST GOD PETER
>Steven a little girl is going to turn you into a Nazi you have to fight it
>Dr. Banner you must listen to Dr. Sampson, yes I know he's an idiot but he's right this time
>Tony please, sobriety isn't what it's cracked up to be you must keep drinking
>Carol you have to start taking birth control RIGHT NOW
>Thor, tell your brother, you love him and give him a hug, no not that one, Loki

Attached: xmen.jpg (800x450, 216.06K)

Dude.
There's a cure for that.
Find your best most beloved version of the x-men.
Reread it up to a cool ending to some event.
Think "And they lived happily ever after" then pretend everything after that is an alteranate timeline xmen.

My spiderman is the 90's spiderman and he's got miles and anya as his side kicks.

>Oh, and on a metasense the franchise that basically built its brand on minority allegory now ranges from outright championing exploitative colonialism and corporatocracy to unironic fascist ethnonationalism.
It's great isn't it I don't know whats worse the fact that the fanbase wholeheartedly embraced this shit or the fact that everything for the last twenty plus years justifies itI really need to drop the X-men again for good this time

Attached: 1542504828539.jpg (480x360, 46.84K)

I hate the fact that you're right, coping and living in a headcannon dream is better than this shit

>anya
I didn't remember she was a thing until you mentioned her and I'll go back to not remembering in 30 seconds

Just watch 90's xmen and pretend that the comics don't exist.

I actually did this recently. It was mediocre as fuck.

Fun fact aparently she's Black Widow's sidekick now

>I don't know whats worse the fact that the fanbase wholeheartedly embraced this shit
Marvel radicalized a lot of the fans at the same time they were radicalizing the X-Men. Most of us who weren't on board with it stopped buying the books a long time ago, the ones who are left want it to be like this, and are terrified of things ever going back to an old status quo.

...why?

How appropriate, I also don't usually remember Black Widow's a thing when reading comics.

Last I remember there was a run featuring classy-ass art with her doing ballet and shit, and before issue 2 of that came out I completely dropped comics for some reason I must be blacking out

>Most of us who weren't on board with it stopped buying the books a long time ago
You don't have to tell me, I remember my dad bringing home some of Fraction's X-men comics when I was in high school and being horrified when Cyclopes was torturing a dude and the book just portraying it as okay

Attached: cyclops-tortures-a-hellfire-cult-member-1.png (595x845, 501.33K)

The problem is that the past 20 years don't justify it because in-universe they were explicitly allowed to happen by the de facto rulers of mutantkind for the express purpose of facilitating their power play. All of X-Men history is now essentially one big false flag.

Apparently she got brainfucked into thinking she had a husband and son to remove her off the global espionage board. Once she broke out of her brainwashing she got pissed and went looking for revenge teaming up with Yelena, Bucky, Quake, Arana and Clint. Surprisingly this book treated Clint like he was based

your dad was based and rightpilled

Attached: RCO024_1565191934.jpg (1041x1600, 632.16K)

Want to know the best part of this retarded tehcnological singularity stuff is?

There are mutants with the ability to control machines and techology and the technarcy.

I AM THE ROCKS OF THE ETERNAL SHORE. CRASH AGAINST ME AND BE BROKEN!

That and they're friends with Warlock and Danger, a Phalanx and robot. That's an awkward conversation waiting to happen

Eh Danger is apparently working as a glow nigger now and the main technopath Maddison Jeffries just got HOLE'd

>There are mutants with the ability to control machines and techology
In fairness, AI that's advanced enough to count as being alive tends to be outside the limits of a lot of those powers.

>and the technarcy.
They have one young Technarch on their side, none of the other Technarchs or Phalanx they've encountered have been friendly.

Also recently when some of the Avengers went to Krakoa, Vision was there, and none of the mutants even mentioned their war against robots.

Gabriel Hess from the 2099 line and Takeshi Matsuya.
They both have technopathy and the ability to control reshape and create technology.
Technopathy is a branch of mutancy as well.

It's been awhile, but wouldn't Carol and Tony shit on most Horseman lineups?

Excluding any AU teams, most Horsemen aren't that powerful, War Hulk is one of the only exceptions.

Don't forget Trinary, who basically controls digital systems.

>Don't forget Trinary,
But it's better if we do.

Hickpocalypse is kino as fuck.

He's basically DCAU Vandal Savage as a "good" guy.

They are slightly exaggerating. Apocalypse already had the survival of the fittest ideology before the demon attack. It just codified it when it happened to him .

Basically all his Horsemen and attempts to mold the world we're him trying to recreate his ancient Mutant Super Kingdom.

Attached: poccy.jpg (1367x1053, 347.41K)

To be fair they had several Omega Level Mutants alongside their demon horde

>In fairness, AI that's advanced enough to count as being alive tends to be outside the limits of a lot of those powers.

That has litterally never been true.

Based -•[A]•-

Attached: 1619623295124.jpg (2082x1600, 442.36K)

Good. Status quo is a blight on shared universe story telling.

I grantee you all mages were laughing their asses of at Pocky's dumbass attempts at "magick" shit was like a special needs child playing with fire

Did they ever even manage to cast one spell?

It's the magical equivalent of the Pepsi logo design brief.

goldennumber.net/wp-content/uploads/pepsi-arnell-021109.pdf

One corner of a shared universe moving into an absolutely retarded direction like the X-books is something that should have been slapped down hard a long time ago, rather than letting it affect all of Marvel.

>It's the magical equivalent of the Pepsi logo design brief.
Best part is it's useless for magic how the fuck is an X supposed to seal anything in even better a circle can be made with two people instead of 4 mutantsTini Howard is an idiot

Attached: Guff.png (640x516, 466.66K)

>letting it affect all of Marvel
I wish, beyond tertiary mentions the X-books have done jack shit in changing the universe. In a better world mutants turning Mars into Arrako would have caused all the rest of the writers to go "fuck it" and turn Marvel full sci-fi/fantasy

This should be in story time of pain threads.

>BEHOLD! By virtue of our mutant superiority we have created a superior form of magic using a superior sigil. The X!
>Cruciforms have a long history in magical pra-
>IT'S NOT A CRUCIFORM, IT'S AN X! THEY'RE TOTALLY DIFFERENT!