Virgil Migrant Crisis

Does anyone else find it peculiar that racist /pol/tards denounce migrants and yet the Aeneid is litteraly about a turk refugee who becomes the founding father of the once greatest civilization on earth? Was Virgil right about fate and migration?

>inb4 the Aeneid isn't real

Attached: refugee-boat.jpg (968x681, 121K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/vsQrKZcYtqg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I got a felling this is going to be a great thread.

>felling
already a good start by me

Jewish propaganda obviously

Yeah but the only guy who went the other way is Byron. It's what happens when you write mass appeal poems, your audience doesn't know it's been wronged to be forgiving.

>heh, if I wrap my political thread in a literary cover nobody will notice it's actually political..
Enjoy your ban faggot

this

The Aeneid was Augustus commissioned propaganda.

Attached: 1556305877608.png (1462x785, 233K)

oh man reddit whatever will you do now that OP bumped one of the thomas pynchon/deleuze/12 year old trying to be funny threads off the board

Are any of these modern migrants founding new civilizations like Aeneas?

It's not like they're going to read Ovid, don't make people read above their means as it disheartens them. Give them Catullus.

What

>once fell in love with a 7 year old girl

Attached: smug-pepe2.jpg (400x400, 35K)

Which part are you having trouble with?

>Turk
Sir, this is not the place to have a lesson in European ethnography, but you're about 2000 years off track with that one

>Bastard of two northerners
>named Sand
other than this I see nothing wrong

Nobody calls it Ionia anymore
youtu.be/vsQrKZcYtqg

He's a religious leader. He's taking the gods from Troy to found a new city (a religious organization), Rome.

What Ovid or catullus have to do with this thread

Catullus would be of interest to them while Ovid would not.

To whom

>racist /pol/tards denounce migrants
There's no way to denounce that there is a push for mass migration into European nations in order to weaken them over the course of generations. If you can't admit that then you're simply ignoring fact.

Wait, you don't think Ovid wrote the aeneid do you?

Aeneas was a blond haired blue eyed Aryan. The Trojans and Dardanians were not the Turks of the modern day.

You are aware that the Trojans are the baddies in the Aeneid, and the heroes are the italians who are being killed by the invaders.
>inb4 not understanding the tongue in cheek of Vrigil

Attached: 1500870801747.webm (400x600, 147K)

To the Virgil admirers in OP
No, neither did Catullus.

turks are white

lmao NO
Turks are Black Bulls!!!!
KARABOGA!!!!

You can admire conquerors without wanting to be conquered.

>Turk
>From Anatolia before the middle ages

Attached: 1555292280338.gif (200x200, 2.06M)

Why wouldn't someone who likes Virgil like Ovid? Ovid borrowed heavily from Virgil

Actually he saw Vergil as having exhausted the forms that Vergil practiced, which led to Ovid writing about entirely different things in different ways: city life, affairs etc Most importantly, having seen that Vergil had finished off the heroic epic he made probably one of the most genius leaps of all time: putting a concept (metamorphosis) as the centre of a coherent narrative epic and followed its spirit through every possible permutation (which is the perfect correlation of subject and structure), which also as an aside is one of the if not the most significant compendiums of myth. Subjectively, I also think he's the superior poet, he's not as academic, austere and subtle as Vergil but less sentimental, more entertaining, readable, more varied and I prefer his imagery.

>Anatolia wasn't white over 3000 years ago
Yikes

The house Dayne is Dornish, my dear.

Based user who types responses for me.