Is there a better revenge story?

Is there a better revenge story?

Attached: 1526878559163.jpg (322x499, 28K)

Nope. Not a one. Don't spoil it because I haven't actually read it yet.

Count of Monte Cristo is Edmund Dantes

WTF OMG BBQ

not in literature, but oldboy is pretty awesome.

Nope

peter hitchens

This is the first book I've read in ages and I just finished reading it a few hours ago. I loved it, but there's just one thing I didn't quite understand.

Did the count calculate everything or did he just get lucky? Or was it a mix of both? Him meeting Franz, who was friends with Albert, Vampa kidnapping Albert, him saving Albert which granted him Albert's gratitude resulting in Albert helping the Count fit in in Paris, to him buying the house in Auteuil, paying Benedetto to act as a fake prince, etc. All of these just fit perfectly in place that I think that they were all planned by the count from the start, but then I go back to doubting it because he then acts like he doesn't know everything, like Benedetto's relationship with Caderousse, or when he was shocked when Mme de Villefort killed her son along with her as if he didn't expect it.

it was literally divine intervention. Count even says
>I am God and God's with me

The Duke of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter is pretty good.

I think i got to page 100 or so before i put it away because i was so bored with it, but it seems everyone keeps recommending me this pos book.
No problem with long stories either, just bland and drawn out uninteresting. It's too bad/

the story goes on and on about divine providence user
whether you see it as god stepping in and using dante as a tool or dante just getting lucky is on you

The Count sometimes gets lucky and just attributes it to the providence when convenient.

The Cask of Amontillado

Nice David cover.

My diary desu if I ever act out on my epic revenge plan

Berserk when its finally finished

what is my man david doing on the cover

him meeting franz and albert couldve been planned, i mean if he discovered their family and of alberts plans to go to rome, it isnt tough for him to make a plan where hey ultimately saves him, especially since vampa was in his debt and they went way back. i mean in the and when vampa has danglars he even says that the count is above him. benedetto's relationship with caderousse was a coincidence but the count thought, or atleast hoped, hed live an honest life after giving him the diamond. getting benedetto, a criminal, crook, and thief, to pull a scam for fame and fortune couldn't have been and wasnt hard at all. your right about mme villefort, maybe he was just shocked to see the bodies there and villefort breaking down and becoming mad. him buying the house i thought was planned and he just made it seem like it was a coincidence, could be wrong though. plus he was the will of God so that explains away all of the crazier coincidences

Goat book but this cover doesn't make much sense

>when

Good joke