I want to read about mysticism, gnosticism, The Demiurge, Esoteric knowledge, Neo Platonism and all that

I want to read about mysticism, gnosticism, The Demiurge, Esoteric knowledge, Neo Platonism and all that.
Could someone throw me a couple charts on the subject ?

Attached: 2a918d5ab9cdface83200b6da385091f_clip-art-icons-no-inline-images_464-895.gif (464x895, 14K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gnosis.org/naghamm/gthlamb.html
gnosis.org/naghamm/nhl.html
sofiatopia.org/maat/siteplan.htm
docdro.id/zLoWavb
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Start with Plato, specifically the Timaeus. That'll get you introduced to his idea of God.

Oh I read Plato and some secondary lit on the Timaeus .

Just the "The Secret" by Rhonda Bryne, it's like the best distillation of all those schools of thought

That depends, OP. Why do you want to read about it? Are you interested in it for academic purposes, or because you actually want to get into mysticism yourself?

second

I can't see myself buying into any of that or researching it for academic purposes but at the same I'm fascinated by it.

Is there anything specific about them that fascinates you? The cosmologies? The metaphysics? The relationships to other traditions? etc. There's a whole lot you could read, so knowing what sort of stuff captures your attention is a good place to start.

If you want a good, short primer, try the Gospel of Thomas. If you're truly looking into it for mystic purposes, I'd recommend reading it multiple times and meditating upon certain verses that capture you each time. You're not trying to just "absorb information", you're trying to really grasp the deeper meanings of these teachings.

Here's a translation of it
gnosis.org/naghamm/gthlamb.html

I've read about Plato's cosmology so far and I'm intersted in metaphysics

Hmm. My best answer would be to read the Gnostic Gospels of the Nag Hammadi library themselves, since they're more-or-less the core of the gnostic tradition. Don't just read them numbly though, always keep in mind the historical context of when they were written, who they were written for, what sort of message they're trying to get across, etc.

Here's a free online collection of all of them
gnosis.org/naghamm/nhl.html

Read Uzdavinys' work on ancient metaphysics, specifically Philosophy as a Rite of Rebirth

also this man's writings on Egyptian cosmogony, very high-level and very fascinating (text is clickable): sofiatopia.org/maat/siteplan.htm

Thank you very much guys.
If there's any introductory text/online resource to Neo Platonism you're aware of Please let me know.

Look up "Manly P Hall Neoplatonism" on youtube, there's a series of great lectures he gives on Neoplatonic ideas and figures. I personally am unaware of any accessible secondary books on Neoplatonism since I haven't looked into it much, but I'm sure there are plenty out there.

You could of course try reading the primary Neoplatonic texts themseves, but I would advise against this straight away since they can be very dense without knowing full well the context that they come from. Get a "feel" for these ideas before diving into the primary sources IMO.

Good luck, user.

Awesome, very kind of you.

Gregory Shaw's book on Iamblichus is based, but won't hold your hand. Proceed at your own risk.

Start with the Bible

1/2

Attached: 8EAD7698-CAAE-4BA9-ABAD-2AD075F5D675.jpg (600x2100, 300K)

2/2

Attached: DE113C5E-7437-4225-8B80-2E36550550DA.jpg (400x1400, 164K)

Remes' Neoplatonism is a good intro. Also try Wallis and Dillon.

Bad bait.

No one likes my charts. :( I need to make them nicer but I am really bad at photoshop...

Pythagoras, The Immortal Sage
The Gospel of Thomas
Finnegan's Wake

Btw, I would actually suggest the Copenhaver Hermetica instead of the Salaman if I was not too lazy to fix it.

No worries user I saved em and I'm writing down this change

Thanks! Glad I can be of help. Some further notes: Shaw and Uzdavinys are good as others mentioned. But idk why I put Golden Chain up there either. It's ok but you might as well do Remes or Wallis if you are looking for a summary / intro. His other works like Rite of Rebirth have far more and better commentary too. Orpheus might be the best start tho. You'd also be better off getting a Presocratic and Pythagorean reader than Golden Chain if you are planning on getting the primary platonic and aristotelian and neoplatonic primary texts mentioned in the first image.

Yes it always goes back to the primary texts after all.
Godspeed and thanks for the good work.

Is it okay if you read this, in full, and see if it speaks to you? If it does, join the group Neo-Zurvanism on Facebook:

docdro.id/zLoWavb

I would also suggest the Greek Magical Papyri and Stephen Skinner's masterful books on Techniques of Graeco-Egyptian and Solomonic Magic. Maybe even Geosophia / Encyclopedia Goetica if you wanna go down that route. I have read them but not practices as I am more mystic than magician tho they seem theoretically sound.

I have dabbled in the past but do not recommend. At least avoid Crowley and Spare and Carroll and Levi and Dee and Agrippa and stuff like that until you have unpacked the ancient sources and read some secondary stuff.

Also add the Hermetica II by Litwa his scholarship is on par with Copenhaver.

Does anyone here know which volumes of Plutarch's Moralia is esoteric kino besides volume 5?

bump

yes here is a chart

Attached: myman.jpg (2046x3051, 546K)

Icons should come after the texts and introspection