Even my 69 year old computer-illiterate dad thinks that we're on the verge of a catastrophy

Even my 69 year old computer-illiterate dad thinks that we're on the verge of a catastrophy.
With Google realizing mass surveillance and individual social ratings in China, it's just a matter of time until the very same system is being used globally throughout Google's entire worldwide-spanning network.

We're so, so fucked and there's nothing we can really do about it.

Attached: 1984-kapak.jpg (620x350, 81K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surveillance_capitalism
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>individual social ratings in China
I hate when people bitch about this but say nothing about credit scores. They are ruining peoples lives in the USA, to the point where they are barred from employment.

Attached: based.png (120x120, 14K)

>Google's gonna turn into the one state
To what end? What can Google achieve as a controlling totalitarian state that it can't already accomplish as an unstoppable megacorp?

Attached: Google.png (446x276, 49K)

"Fiat" currency is an intermediary stage between currency set according to a physical standard and pure social currency, which is set according to the individual's "worth" or general utility. Credit scores are a further expression of capital's tendency to infest abstract individuality.

Force their view of good upon humanity. Faustian enterprise.

Funny, most people accepted this with indifference. "So long as you're not an extremist you have nothing to fear. We would all be safer that way".

Those people are already dead inside. The whole modern degeneracy is predicated on majority of living people being dead.

Aren't they already doing that? I mean they already control the way we search for information.

I've been thinking a lot about this lately.

Net-neutrality is not entirely a good thing. It continues to enable various cells of cybercrimes that only work the way they do BECAUSE the internet is unrestricted.

Yes, but as they pursue their vision of good they won't stop seeking more power as long as they are able.

That's true I was mainly commenting on the need of making a single google state since they can already do so much without it.

You're not even trying to discuss the book, fuck off

>cybercrimes

What cybercrimes are morally reprehensible and can't be protected against? CP?

dafuq are you talking about world hunger is practically nonexistant, clean water is available everywhere, healthcare and medicine has been peaking for decades, the majority of people do NOT live in poverty for the first time in history, and almost every single country is enjoying its longest stretch of relative peace.

I do not see how we're fucked or that we're on the verge of a catastrophy.
I'd believe you more if you mentioned a more realistic catastrophe: mass water shortages, local disasters and mass immigration caused by climate change, viral outbreaks, economic collapse, nuclear war, etc.

But no, surveillance is apparently gonna be the one....yea sure. You really think some cameras and a governmental social media is gonna ruin my peace? L O L

imagine not being the least bit freaked out by all this shit
you're like stemfags who are all blasé about denying consciousness
it's creepy
fuck is wrong with you

Attached: lead_720_405.jpg (720x405, 89K)

That Is true my man, however we're not so different from those degenerates...

>fuck is wrong with you
You tell me mate, I really can't find anything wrong.

>good job
>rent is too high but still around 40% income
>food around 10% of income
>save around 25% each month
>transportation is easy, commute's only 35 minutes by train
>sex life is dry since feb, but picking up
>just generally enjoying life

I mean... I'm writing this from the office. Next week I go to Greece, because we have a public holiday.
My rights are all there, last I checked.
Nobody is interfering with my life, no government, no social credit system
I'm not even on social media lol

Also
>denying consciousness
Wut. Im conscious. I like consciousness. Where'd I deny anything about it?

If google wants to watch me shower it's all fine by me as long as I have a warm bed at night, 3 square meals a day, and a place to call home. I think the same applies to everyone on this earth.
Surveill them all you want. What will always freak populations is if they are missing those 3 square meals a day. Then you'll see what catastrophe looks like.

Enjoy your bread and circuses then, I guess

You are subhuman

i said you're kindred with the eliminativists, in that you're a bewildering specimen of our times. once that genie is all the way out of the bottle there's no going back. there almost already isn't any path out. we tried to warn you and it's all the creature comfortable blobs like you who are going to just sit back and let it happen.

>boo hoo people won't loan me 40 grand if I max out my first $500 credit card to buy weed and never pay it off
you're a real fag.

>mass immigration caused by climate change
lol we're gonna shoot all of your pet niggers in the next 20 years

retard - how the fuck can you compare a financial technology to a system that incentivizes specific social behaviors? you won't get your internet or basic necessities confiscated for having bad financial credit. your friends won't be threatened by government thugs for interacting with you for having bad financial credit.

lel all these neolibs replying to you

obvious bait. you almost had me. here's a (You) for the effort.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surveillance_capitalism
Not sure, you tell me.