Batman Beyond

Just watched recently on HBO Max and is a near perfect action cartoon, writing is good, great animation, perfect fight coreographies, charismatic characters be heroes or villains. It’s quite shocking with only got 52 episodes and one movie.

Attached: F9C000AC-5D90-43B7-909C-ED1E20CC4E26.jpg (783x391, 27.11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PlganyyCtMc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because Beyond is Based.

Nice work, OP. Beyond is great. It did the impossible job of making "young, hip teenage Batman" into something incredible. In its own way I think it's Timm, Dini, Burnett and co.'s finest achievement.

What's your favorite episode?

Attached: _0004_rebirth.jpg (991x732, 440.28K)

More than future Batman this show is almost a Spider-Man adaptation with Terry McGuinnis as a Chad version of Peter Parker, Blight being he Green Goblin/Norman Osborn, Shriek as Shocker, Spellbound as Mysterio, fuck, there was even one episode with a not-Fantastic Four team of heroes, there was lot of Marvel refeições but done in a good way.

Attached: B24CA91A-2B36-4A90-BBBF-60E1340A808C.jpg (739x415, 26.78K)

This.
All of the bad is Timm/Dini original ideas.

Like Batman fucking Ras Al Ghul.

Not peter parker. Just a soft teen version of Miguel O'hara with Bruce taking the place of his female AI secretary.

Fuck you OP, I killed your dad maybe

Attached: 698ADBE7-10C3-471D-B555-FEB804124CB6.jpg (1440x1080, 104.18K)

Any with with Inque and Curare, either was Timm or Dini they really make the girls sexy in the show.

Great show, arguably the greatest. It has some duds and some filler but I rank it up there with BTAS.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Spider-Man 2099 was a reference for Timm/Dini in making Batman Beyond.

Starry gave me a mind control fetish

Have you watched JLU OP? It actually has the "ending" to Batman Beyond.

I liked how they didn’t go overboard with the future stuff. It was just “what if today, but high tech”. So it hasn’t really aged badly at all. Aesthetics looks good even today. No silly stuff like “where are muh smartphones”

The most obvious inspiration for Neo-Gotham was Akira, the Jokerz gang was straight up ripped off from it.

Attached: 5F0B3DA6-86DF-463B-8DFE-B9FEA3931F1D.jpg (729x410, 13.09K)

The Blade Runner aesthetic works well for future Gotham.

Attached: Future_Gotham.jpg (600x450, 57.91K)

There were a lot of good ones for me (not OP) but after so long of seeing it, it's mostly just 'moments' that stand out.

Can't go wrong with the Blight submarine episode though.

Yeah, high schools were still recognizable to what you'd have today, and that's probably how they'll still be 50ish years into the future.

>reference

They lifted the entire damned thing.
Even the costume is a batman themed spiderman 2099 costume.

Yep just started a full re-watch, it's so fast paced and captivating in ways even Bat-Tas struggled with alot.

Rebirth P1 = Very Good
Rebirth P2 = Very Good
Black Out = Very Good
Meltdown = Great (tied with heart of ice as the 2 best mr freeze episodes of the dcau)

>What's your favorite episode?
Meltdown & the episode with the buried guy with clayface like minions.

For me, it’s Meltdown
>great fries plot
>great Blight tie in
>solid three way fight
>actual stakes and emotion with each character

Hey OP, been similarly watching BTAS and man it's pretty good. Definitely a bit campy and villain of the week method kinda hinders it in my opinion but there are some really great bangers. Robin's Reckoning would be an obvious choice along with Heart of Ice. A lot of campy conveniences and "oh come on" moments too but still a great show. Thinking of skipping justice league, might just skip to Beyond. Is Superman worth it?

Attached: btas.jpg (576x960, 64.23K)

Based meltdown enjoyer,
>freezebros, we cannot lose

Don't forget god tier music when Freeze says "leave me, your the only one who cares" and saves Terry.

Superman is ok, JLU is decent but both are peewee shit compared to beyond desu. It’s like eating a bag of chips knowing you got some steak on the way if you wait on beyond

>Is Superman worth it?
Yes

Check out Hand of Fate, it's a good transition point from Bat-Tas as it has some gothic elements.

>Is Superman worth it?
Is probably the best version of Superman in any media. If you like the character you should watch it.

Oh god, so fucking good. Anytime freeze is included I feel like the writers go full 10/10 mode when it comes to animated batman of this era. I legitimately was on Bruce’s side first watch thinking “yeah watch this fucker be up to something” ultimately to find him thinking “just end me I’ve done enough to this world”. It was deep man, I don’t care if it scares the hoes

JLU is my favorite Justice League, they really made the characters shine, it’s a love letter to DC without being campy like Brave and the Bold.

Wouldn't be the first time. Akira inspired Frank Miller to make Ronin and later Dark Knight, it's a major influence on the Dark Age in general.

>Meltdown = Great (tied with heart of ice as the 2 best mr freeze episodes of the dcau)

Heart of Ice = Great

Deep Freeze = Very Good

SubZero = Good (freeze isn't as menacing or competent as he is elsewhere here, but the very end is great)

Cold Comfort = Very Good (I understand why him going full villain is off putting to people but I think him falling into nihilism after loosing his wife and body forever seemed to flow naturally enough, the only place I think it went too far was him going after Bruce despite what he did to save Nora)

To elaborate, I've seen both JL/U and Beyond but years ago. I've never fully seen Superman or BTAS.

Attached: btasposter.jpg (1000x1414, 543.48K)

Beyond only got 52 eps because they went on to make Justice League.

>Cold Comfort = Very Good (I understand why him going full villain is off putting to people but I think him falling into nihilism after loosing his wife and body forever seemed to flow naturally enough, the only place I think it went too far was him going after Bruce despite what he did to save Nora)

THANK YOU. I've seen too many people bitch about Cold Comfort. His wife literally went and left him after he went through all that trouble to keep her alive. I'd plunge into nihilism and despair, too. Him losing his body was just the icing on the cake.

I didn't realize how short STAS was

>hbo max
Cretin

HOLY FUCK I NEED THE BARBUSSY

Attached: barb.jpg (500x366, 24.16K)

The one with Inque and her simp

Attached: 1651646414398.jpg (640x889, 42.43K)

I agree. I hope you saw the Epilogue JL episode, and also the time travel crossover episode.

I liked it a lot but I must say I didn't like most of the OG rogues gallery other than Inque (and Spellbinder maybe?). None of them felt really impressive

>based Bruceposter

Was the spiderman 2099 show popular? I'm not in the US and most things took years to get here. And when they did, I was one of the few dweeb kids watching.

for me its the jokerz girls

bump

There is no 2099 show. And no, it wasn't popular.

Attached: FUCK.jpg (988x1482, 205.64K)

Thanks! There are so many cartoons from the 90s (like Batman Beyond). I kinda miss them.
Maybe the Spider verse sequel might bring in more Miguel fans.

The show didn't actually exist. It was a fever dream set on by deep wanting. I cannot even remember one episode, but I liked the show.

Absolutely none of the things you said are true, but whatever makes you feel you found some "hidden gem".

That’s my impression of Spider-Man Unlimited too. All I remember is the nanobot suit.

Specifically - youtube.com/watch?v=PlganyyCtMc

The first season of Beyond is the best because it's one big connected story. Don't know why they didn't keep that up with the later episodes. Probably my favorite DCAU show though, comfy and soulful and the most kino Batman future.

There's one bit of Bruce Timm autism that bugs me. Beyond was originally set 40 years into the future but Timm tried to retcon it into 50. He's such an annoying faggot.

The fact they resisted bringing back Blight in any later season feels mindblowing compared to how little death means now in these things.

Attached: Batman Beyond S01E13 Ascension 720p.BluRay.x264-Pahe.in.mkv_snapshot_19.06_[2022.03.22_17.41.28].jpg (960x720, 334.97K)

well a dystopian future sounds like Gotham.

April's moon

>In the future, no heroes wear capes

Huh. What was the point of that?

Batman Beyond was nice, there was a level of trust the show had that the viewer was mature enough to handle the show. Because fuck, did they make sure you knew when someone died or worse.

Meltdown or Heroes

Attached: Heroes.png (600x450, 353.74K)

It was so weird to me how many people hated Max when I first went online. To em Max is the most cyberpunk character of the main cast and really gave the show flavor. I really wish we got to see her suit up.

Attached: max gibson .png (400x400, 278.55K)

>All of the bad is Timm/Dini original ideas.

Do we even know what they are or is it all just internet autism and asspulls? Because its not like they directly wrote many, if any, scripts at all.
The internet keeps accusing Timm of pushing Babs fucking Bruce in the Killing Joke but he didn't write or direct the movie. At this point I'm starting to suspect a lot of what people say here about Timm are complete guesses.

What are these Blade Runner-esque mega buildings in the background. How big is Gotham that they have buildings that make skyscrapers looks small?

Attached: 00BE207A-B6EE-49C1-8400-D47BB96E0809.jpg (2087x1031, 721.15K)

Probably to give them more room to add character fates. In 99 just 40 years on seemed fine but after JL/JLU made them almost 10 years further they realized they couldn't compress the timeline so much.

Probably either the second Shriek episode or the sneaky reporter episode.