Why isn't Hawkgirl more popular?

Why isn't Hawkgirl more popular?

Attached: hawkgirlcleanflat_by_weijic-d62u4q1.jpg (687x1164, 79.33K)

Her and Hawkman wings suck, replace this shit for metal wings.

I agree somewhat. The convoluted Hawkman myth gets in the way of what's supposed to be a hyper advanced race of space cops. And the flight thing will never be better encapsulated then by Batman's wings or Superman's red blur.
Give her a jet pack.

Attached: 63ee29ab2f0cb45dae2afeac22ceffdf--hawkgirl-bombshell.jpg (474x719, 65.92K)

hawkgirl and hawkman are boring as fuck, the only time hawkgirl was interesting was JL and JLU

Attached: 1614042907906.webm (1280x720, 2.85M)

She got blacked, which instantly ruined her for waifufags.

Because she spits it out. Popular girls know how to swallow.

JLU Hawkgirl was far better received the WW.
That's why the wrote her off the show and soft retconned WW into being a cheap HW copy.
Look at her personality in kid stuff. How in the hell is that logical?

>why is a character that has only been prominent in a single cartoon not prominent
Gee, user. I dunno.

Because Comics aren't popular.

Yea I always felt they fumbled her character after she and Green Lantern stopped dating.

She was genuinely cool in her own right, especially as a foil to WW, Flash, Green Lantern and the rest.

Literally what is the difference between Hawkgirl and Hawkwoman? I know they are different characters, but are they basically the same, or what?

It's a cool idea for a WWII era Hawkgirl

she's kinda hot in Justice League

Attached: 1624829213688.jpg (1280x720, 92.65K)

>kinda hot
nah, she IS hot in JL

Attached: 1614042971194.webm (1280x720, 2.97M)

its the tummy

Attached: alt__injustice_hawkgirl_design_by_amtmodollas_d62btvr.png (854x1052, 178.28K)

The problem isn't fumbling her. The problem is they all but wrote her out because she was too good.
A feminine Latina heroine who out did WW at the lead female hero thing could not be allowed.
So she was all but ,then finally ,written out.
All so WW could play catch up...a d ultimately just play a shitty version of her.
Even the invasion storyline done with her people(who were all Latin/brown skin and a fantastic choice) was more powerful and had a longer lasting impact.

The problem is the cartoon is overrated.

Hawkgirl is Kendra Saunders, the grandniece of the orginal Hawkwoman who has a piece of her soul in her after her suicide attempt.

Hawkgirl is one of the hundreds of DC characters without personality, just like Cyborg people only like her due to her animated version that was ignored by the comic writers, the grumpy girl who hits everything with a mace only exist in the JL cartoon just like Cyborg is not a goofy fratboy shouting booya

>Why isn't Hawkgirl more popular?
Because the DCAU has been off the air for 15 years.

>latina
The fuck you on, also hawkman was just better

>A feminine Latina heroine
>latina
she was either some flavor of white or egyptian

It's still irked me that DC does barely minimum to develop Wonder Woman in an animated series. Fucking Batmobile and Kiteman Hell Yeah got a green lamp before her

I get why she wouldn't wear her Thangarian war gear after the invasion, but why the fuck does Shayera wear a Gymshark tracksuit as a superhero costume for all of JLU?

I like the idea that each incarnation of the hawks is just hawk themed and doesn't necessarily always have the wings. They can be born on Thanagar and have wings, but in WW2 maybe they use the bombshell style jetpacks, in Modern/future times metal wing styles etc.

To answer that though It's because their story is pretty convoluted, the reincarnation plotpoint + being aliens. But also hawkgirl hasn't had a good solo storyline really, they both work well in team books but that's pretty much it. And even then they're always given drama to try to make them relevant rather than just focusing on solid stories and cool action to generate interest.

user is confused because A)the voice actor for Hawkwoman in the cartoon was hispanic and B) Kendra is hispanic.

Every major female character in the DCAU was hot. And yes that includes Granny Goodness.

She's an alien

Can we all stop pretending like there's any meaningful difference between Shayera Hall and Kendra Saunders?

Timm women are something else

Attached: 1636032860380.jpg (960x720, 98.67K)

But there is.

Shut up you cock suckers.
Anachronistic white Egyptian Hawkman isn't Thanagarian Hawkman.

If you ignore that one episode and just say Hawkman is decended from thanagarians that came to the earth everything works perfectly.

And yes. The entire race of thanagarians are latin coded.
Accept it.

The Thanagarians are Egyptians not Native Americans

Why are they all white?
No, the egyptian thing was fucking stupid and will never stop being stupid.

Just make them latin coded space aliens and call it a day.

Nigga I'm Mexican and the Thanagarians are clearly Space-Egyptians. Their whole aesthetic and naming system is lifted from the ancient religion of the ancient Egyptians.
You're a goofball.

They should just give Kendra red hair and call it a day.
Amalgamate mother fuckers

You're not Mexican.
You're a cosplaying white kid.
In almost no fucking media outside of the handful of comics are the Thangarians white space egyptians.

Them being space latins and lifting from the more space alien and tech based stuff rather then from the quite honestly retarded "conveniently egyptian" bullshit is better.

Deal with it.

I am glad to see a fellow sane spic, that's literally their thing similar to Nabu.

>you ain't black if ___
Bro, Hawkman is a literal dissection of Egyptian myth done as a superhero character.
Tell me you're a lefty white boi without telling me you're a lefty white boi by the way.

Oh..self hating yard niggers or racist whites pretending the be latin so they can push the god awful thangarian white egyptian origin bullshit that is not only not needed but the biggest reason its' a clusterfuck of dumb bullshit that no one can parse.

Explain the Hawkpeople without looking onto google or dc wiki or what have you.

Also, pic related is the Latin representation in the DCU

Attached: Aztek-Ultimate-Man-DC-Comics-Morrison-Falconer.jpg (500x652, 124.89K)

Fuck it.
It's dumb as shit and adds nothing.

kek, you're really upset and desperate to rewrite good canon.

They're Egyptian cope dude, go suck off shitty character like chavez or Jaime blue beetle.

At least we have aztek, wew

Fuck representation.

I want the thangarans to be space latins in the JLU universe and to remove the dumbass egyptian bullshit or make them a seperate thing all together.

she was blacked during the age of hate and her dawn of being part of the seven
she is commonly referred to as a taken woman, even unmarried
she is in other incarnations always played subpar or written bad

That's not egyptian.
That's the faux egyptian that rich white people were sold by charlatans who "traced their linieage back to the time of egyptian kings".

>fuck representation
>I want it though
hmm this is such a americano latinx thing

>self hating yard niggers
Nigga shut the fuck up. You know what I call self hating, or at least self defeating? Needing your heroes to look like you or come from your exact background in order to believe in them.
Completely small minded.
Bro just because you're attracted to Latina girls don't make you a part of la raza
Thanagarians are Egyptians. Amazonians are Ancient Scythians. Atlanteans are Ancient Indo-Europeans.
Also how does making the Hawkpeople Latin solve the backstory problem? The Native cultures have an incredibly complicated mythology

>Think I want this because I want representation
>Doesn't think it's better because it's simpler and more interesting
>Reveals their trailer trash snowniggers who want their magical white egyptian reincarnation that's also from space with robot wings but also has real wings because of egyptian gods and alien lineage

The hawk characters will never take off for two reasons.
1.Their origin is a confusing clusterfuck of stupid goddamned bullshit and utterly retarded anachronisms.
2.People like you who want this more then an accepted far easier to digest origin.

Tell me why the Thangarians being Space Latins and removing the retarded Egyptian shit is a bad thing.
Just give me a list.

In JLU she's a traitor who fucks black dudes. Maybe you're into that, maybe you're not, but there are plenty of people who aren't.

keep coping faggot, Dr Fate movie is coming out and that'll tie into Hawkman's Egyptian kino origins as well with references to the JSA.

No es mi problema
*dabs in shit you're mad for no reason nigger*

WW in canon murdered little boys and is a dyke.
Batman fucked his sons girlfriend and was going to pass off the bastard as as his sons kid. Up until he thought that barbara was going to snitch so he did it first.
Superman...we all know what he did to Lana Lang.

>Their origin is a confusing clusterfuck of stupid goddamned bullshit and utterly retarded anachronisms
Only for autists who can't have fun

Fuck the comics.

The comics aren't selling
The hawk people are wildly unpopular
The thangarians as white egyptians does not fly 99% of the time or in most of their incarnations

Face it.
You just utterly white people with wings/robot wings with an incomprehensible origin.

You can't even make sense of the goddamned origin and you're defending it that hard.
You just want them to be white

Them ditching the ridiculous egyptian origin and making them more in line with their JLU version(Minus that retarded egyptian past story that I'm pretty sure the DC higher ups forced on them) will work better and streamline the whole thing.

Just make Hawkman the ancestor of some made up hawk themed deitity and have hawkwoman be a latin coded thanagarian.

Bam.

>Only for autists who can't have fun
There is not a single solitary person alive who can explain the hawkpeople origins without breaking the fourth wall and talking about writers and editorial.

What is this freshman anthropology bullshit.
Just wait till they start teaching you about about how the Europeans ate the mummified remains of the pharaohs and used the bandages to make pigments.
>Tell me why the Thangarians being Space Latins and removing the retarded Egyptian shit is a bad thing.
Just give me a list.
Well, one, if you're trying to make things confusing, maybe specify what you mean by Latin. There's no one native diaspora, there were dozens of cultures who had engaged in wars and trade disputes along religious as well as economic lines. There was only one Ancient Egypt, there are multiple cultures that can be classified as "Latin"

They did in Earth-2 but for some reason they had a brilliant idea to keep Hawkman on Earth-Prime.

Forget pic.

Attached: tumblr_pg6m6rs49f1smb66mo1_500.jpg (500x473, 95.02K)

>Dr Fate movie is coming out
LOL
Do you fucking think Zaslav is going to greenlight another DC movie after seeing the debacle of the flashpoint movie?
Espescially of a totally unknown character like fate.
Bitch you're dreaming.

>There is not a single solitary person alive who can explain the hawkpeople origins
It's cosmic reincarnation. two spirits being reincarnated throughout the universe, usually with a Hawk theme present.

bird flu

Thank you google expert.

Unlike you I actually researched most of the shit I'm talking about.
And my stuff is valid. Yours is what you picked up from a few quick google searches.

AND YOU STILL CANT EXPLAIN THE HAWK PEOPLES ORIGINS!

Earth 2 had a solid premise and a cute Hawkgirl.

Attached: 5b23132472739782aaec215b3caaf00f.jpg (795x943, 170.18K)

1.Why them and why not other more mystical races of beings
2.Doesn't explain the thangarian stuff
3.Doesn't explain how their oft egyptian god themed god powered.

The hawk peoples origins is a lot of random dumb goddamned shit thrown against the wall.

>not an actual buff hawk lady
Dropped.

lol

>Why them and why not other more mystical races of beings
Why anything? That's a dumb question..
>Doesn't explain the thangarian stuff
>Doesn't explain how their oft egyptian god themed god powered.
Yeah it does.

>Why them and why not other more mystical races of beings
Because they're the protagonists, you can come up with any reason you want.
>Doesn't explain the thangarian stuff
Thanagar would just be a planet they reincarnated on.
>Doesn't explain how their oft egyptian god themed god powered.
Again, it would just be a life they both lived.