Why did she do it?

Why did she do it?

Attached: 1651442378207.png (1070x1600, 3.59M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/EYWbatgKN4g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because she was a plot device to develop Deathstroke's character.

The writing behind this is so nakedly manipulative that the narrator straightup tells the reader not to ask why.

the writer was horny

Most writers are.

>Why did she do it?
Because she was groomed and manipulated into it.

Marv Wolfman was butt blasted about being outsold by New Mutants.

Wolfmans being a pedo

What comic is this from?

If you actually read the comic, her motivations are deliberately stated multiple times. Simps just can't accept the existence of cute female sociopaths.

Her motivation is being cartoonishly evil which is what dumbasses think being sociopath entails.
It's circular logic.

Marv Wolfman was just being a little Rian Johnson thinking aubverting expectations in of itself is good writing.

The Judas contract from New Teen Titans volume 1 and Tales of the Teen Titans. You can find it all collected in a single volume

Okay, wanting to torture the Teen Titans to death is bad enough, but using a homophobic slur is really crossing the line.

>but using a homophobic slur is really crossing the line.
Using it on Beast Boy is always a justifiable exception.

I legit thought it was an edit though.

She had a chip on her shoulder and wanted to be noticed, one way or another.

Plenty of actual serial killers out there who were "cartoonishly evil."
The Last Jedi is controversial and The Judas Contract is a classic so it worked.

But why did she have a chip on her shoulder? Because wouldn't any answer go against the text that Terra was evil for the sake of evil.

Writing has to follow certain rules though and one of them rules is momentum. It doesn't make sense for the narrative to deny the fact that Slade is the one manipulating Tara. Without Slade ordering her to betray the titans then it's a simple fact that she wouldn't have.

Her brain was broken. It happens sometimes. Deathstroke took advantage of it.

She literally joined them to betray them. She thought that metahumans should be feared and hated. She will not fuck you, because she is not real.

But that's something the story denies ever happening.

Slade didn't manipulate her, she came to him and said she wanted get better at killing people because she liked his reputation.

"Took advantage of" as in he used her and her mental illness to capture the Titans.

>She literally joined them to betray them
On Slade's orders.

Most people are

Perhaps not the majority of Yea Forums as they will be low testosterone like you

Except Wintergreen says Slade found her.

But the story says he's not responsible for Terra's actions.

I don't remember that. Either you're mistaken, Wintergreen was genuinely mistaken, or Wolfman slipped up.

I'm not.

Attached: ToTT annual 1 he found tara - Copy.jpg (405x560, 103.24K)

>mfw faggots bitch about Tera being "groomed" when she was already exactly the same before she even met Slade
The narration takes any ambiguity out of it. Of course, these people don't actually read comics. Slade and Tera were just two bad people who brought out the worst in each other.

Attached: ifei3g5wxddz.jpg (1041x1600, 349.66K)

Ah, okay. Well Wintergreen was genuinely mistaken because in that very same issue Slade says she's the one who approached him.

You say that, but the dude who wrote that run you posted is on record for saying Slade manipulated and groomed her so...

That's not what he said.
>The sense I get, from fans branding Deathstroke a pedophile, is they have this vision of Terra as some innocent whom Slade corrupted, which shows me they don't know the character of Terra and don't know the character of Deathstroke.

>So, re-reading the original Judas Contract, while I was as disturbed as everyone else, I never thought of Terra as a flower of chaste innocence and presumed her willing if not eager cooperation. Terra wasn't 12 and she wasn't a prostitute, but she was a contract killer which implies she was not innocent. That's my only point: fitting Terra for a halo is wrong and stupid, that's not the character.

youtu.be/EYWbatgKN4g

>FFFFFFFFFFFFFFAGGOTTTTTTS

>Deathstroke manipulating a young girl is reprehensible. It is kind of unsurvivable in terms of character—you really can't soft-pedal the behavior and continue to root for Deathstroke. Any attempt to rationalize the behavior just blows up in your face. Deathstroke's choices are indefensible.

>Her motivation is being cartoonishly evil
she's a comic book villain

She was a two faced manipulative cunt.

Attached: Pipimi counter point.jpg (320x324, 47.54K)

>Even Dr. Rape's done with this shit
Whoa

Is it not an edit?

somehow gar still simps for her long after this

The whole thing put together doesn't contradict user's take of
>Slade and Tera were just two bad people who brought out the worst in each other.
Wolfman got carried away with antihero Wilson, absolutely, but in the story as it was written, Terra was evil before she met him and she would have been evil if she had never met him.

He´s not the only one, look a the fags seething in this thread and every TT thread that mentions Judas Contract

>Terra
>Gwen Stacy
>Sue Richards
What´s the deal with writers and blondes cucking the heroes?

It'd be easier to swallow if Wolfman didn't pretend Terra was worse when she was written with same redeeming traits that Slade was. The whole genuinely loving their family members thing.

It took Slade telling him she was a murdering slut and verifying that info for himself to get over her. And then he just transferred his affection to the guy who cucked him while giving the cold shoulder to the Terra lookalike who genuinely liked him.

Attached: Deathstroke the Terminator 15_03.jpg (984x1506, 415.97K)

I'm more inclined to believe Wintergreen is right as Slade has a lot of reason to lie about that.

She didn't love her family and wanted to kill Slade because his love for his son made him weak in her eyes and it embarrassed her to think she could have ever respected someone emotionally inferior.

This shit happened decades ago and not once was it ever suggested that Slade was lying. Let it go.

And the fact that Terra isn't a convining one is a huge indictment on the writing.

>This shit happened decades ago and not once was it ever suggested that Slade was lying
SeeI would argue that's evidence that Slade is lying.

She does, actually. Or at least her brother.

Attached: BatmanOutside-05-03 - Copy.jpg (286x662, 70.37K)

I really didn't like how basically friendly the Titans get with Slade after all the shit he did

That's not anyone implying Slade was lying, that's just a guy being misinformed. Wolfman himself will tell you Slade wasn't lying and he wrote that panel.

And example 2. She's genuinely fond of Geo Force.

Attached: BatmanOutside-05-24 - Copy.jpg (399x411, 54.18K)

But there no evidence that Wintergreen was misinformed.

how was brion so unaware of his sister's true character

He’s a family man now.

Mike W. Barr scripted that, not Wolfman. Mistakes happen with other writers, it wasn't made clear to him that Terra was a sociopath which is something that was established in the very issue it was revealed.

The guy debating over Terra’s purity is simping for a fictional character. Nothing will convince him. He probably just read that retarded comic from a year ago that said Slade trafficked Terra.

I think you guys need to understand "found" can literally just mean "met" in that context

Its too bad it would never happen in the modern era but I'd love a black label style, Lolita inspired retelling of TJC from Slade's perspective.

Attached: lolita .jpg (325x432, 40.47K)

She lured Slade into that van. She told him she had rock CDs and bacon for him.

I think in either context Slade is still the one responsible for hiring Terra to betray the titans.
Which would be bad enough but add the fact that he raped her too and you see why people are quick to assume he's manipulating her.

>Come into my van old dude, I've got guns, New Balance shoes, and domestic beer!

It probably wasn't made clear to him because of how ass backwards it is.

Did Slade betray her in the comics or is it the cartoon giving Terra away out?

Attached: 1623271867132.webm (1268x708, 1.13M)

See basically every writer since Wolfman saw how asinine it is to label Slade as the lesser evil.

Every other writer since has been a bleeding heart simp too afraid to write them both as evil.

I'm aware it's from a different book. But the only person who claims Terra hates her family in Wolfman's work is Slade. Even Wolfman Terra harshest comment about her brothers is complaining about them not using their power to the fullest while she outright repeats how much she hates the Titans in JC proper.

Attached: Church Shrug.gif (500x281, 647.56K)