What languages do you speak, user?

>What languages do you speak, user?
>Don't tell me you can only read English!

Attached: D22BlUWX0AY4hne.jpg (800x1199, 200K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KnSg7AHOI1Q
youtu.be/XOfvCN_F5cg
youtu.be/kjegqqA4K8Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

wingdings

I speak English as well as 5 languages you don't speak.

Some Spanish and French. I want to learn a language of limited utility, maybe something with very few speakers left

I only speak English but I can read English and Latin

Why would I need to know another language when everyone speaks English?

Fluent in Hebrew and English

Attached: Berber jews of Southern Morocco 5.jpg (633x955, 104K)

Spanish, english, and also studying some mandarin.

היי אחי

Spanish and some 日本語.
I like the way German sounds, might pick that up.

Speak/read English, Spanish
can read Dutch and German

I want to read the Bible in KJV, Reina Valera 1602, and the Dutch Statenvertaling

Hey there. I read the Herziene Statenvertaling. If you wanna chat about the Bible, feel free to add me on Discord, I'm Antithesis#1519.

German, English and Arabic

Spanish, French and English

German, English, French, Italian

Sup achmed.

Attached: 500E958D-03AD-43CF-B1D5-CBF0672AA6EF.jpg (1024x812, 80K)

The patrician triumvirate.

>he thinks actual human beings share Yea Forums's prejudice against monolinguals

Is this what Americans tell themselves?

i am a native german and russian speaker so i can enjoy all the relevant lit in its original way the way its meant to be read, not twisted by the translator jew

I wish i would know russian. Compared to german, what would you say, is it a lot harder to learn?

Spanish, English and Italian fluently

>I like the way German sounds
you might be the first one.
I mean I admire the language for its practicality and flexibility, but unless you have a real charismatic voice German doesn't sound exactly pleasing.

Spanish, Italian, Portuguese and a bit of French.

I can read Spanish fluently. I cannot converse in Spanish. Any tips?

Is 21 too late to learn French?

Your mom is too late to learn French. The biggest change in difficulty happened long before you were even thinking about these things. Learning a language at 21 is roughly the same as learning it at 18.

Lol
My mom is Assyrian Syrian and my dad is German that's why I know Arabic

What would one call a non-german woman getting bred by a german man? Blitz'd? Goosestep'd?

>you might be the first one.
He's not. German is dope, user. And not in the "haha I like when they are angry and sound like hitler"-sense.

Spanish, English and French

lebensraumed

German english romanian and i can read latin

übermensch'd

Baby I was raised bilingual.

English, Spanish and French. Might pick up Russian

English, Spanish, German and basic Turkish

And proud, also studying German and Russian

English, French, Mandarin Chinese and Irish Gaelic

Attached: 66f.jpg (1242x1394, 156K)

In order of fluency; Danish, English, German, Portuguese, French, Latin. I want to learn Russian as well, but in order to maintain and improve my other languages, I've decided not to. That sucks, but it is what it is.

Attached: Flotfyr.png (500x500, 81K)

i can't even read english

Based and redpilled.

English
Turkish
Somali
Arabic
French
Swedish

I can also read every greek and latin

>native spanish
>fluent english
>beginner french

me

so yes then?

Attached: 1542801204565.gif (209x213, 1.73M)

I am a proud monolinguist, deary.

English and German though I'm only really good at reading it.

they do. Though the general stereotype is simply that Americans are utter morons.

I ardently envy you.

Why?

Not everything gets translated

I love how this girl had to spend hours and hundreds of dollars on that hair/dye job, a few hundred more on her glasses and artfully frumpy thriftstore-esque (though obviously new and fitted) clothes, and go to pains to by art artfully conceal the fact she is wearing make up. All to project the image of being down-to-earth, tossed together intellectual type with bigger things (even bigger than that nose) on her mind.

I am a proud monolinguist, wench, and I adore my Mother tongue above all others, finding it to be the most immaculate. I will never learn another language. Non-native English speakers need not attempt any replies, whatsoever, for they are not truly initiated into the wonders of this glorious language and fail to understand its inherent, absolute beauty. I pity those not born to this language, the greatest of them all. The envy of all the world. Purely pitiful, are those born to my language and then discard this prized possession away to gain knowledge of inferior tongue. A precious pearl, one of a kind, one that is a treasure— and these sad cretins decide to trade it for what they think are stores of coin. Keep your filthy lucre. I will do as Shakespeare, Milton, and all great speakers, the masters as I like to call them, of this glorious language have done and keep my priceless English language utterly unsullied.

Attached: 1550481070309.jpg (737x673, 195K)

English 和中文

What's 和中文? Japanese Chinese?

I looked inward and develop a hieroglyphic and degenerate psuedo-hieroglyphic language that describes and modifies reality while it changes. I waste no time and read English words (waste not want not), I can make it through with a dictionary when the racist clerks of the popish conspiracy use French and Latin. You will never read more books than there are English books even if you rush through them, you will waste thousands of hours developing a child's understanding of a foreign language while I learn everything from this reality and then use literal sorcery to fold you into a cosmic hell which I've already done millions of years ago. Stop wasting your time on language games and you might escape from the tomb. Ask for the father, tell em that The Son sent you. ;)

English and French fluently.
I took Spanish and Italian classes in high school, I'm sure I can make sense of a text in those languages.
I recognize Japanese from many years of listening to it in anime, but I never bothered to learn it proper. I'll probably learn Chinese at some point because of how useful it's gonna be in the future.

>He thinks being able to speak his mother tongue + English is enough to brag about

>half ass a duolingo course
>tell people I'm fluent in that language

Attached: 1556361946027.jpg (800x596, 52K)

I actually can't read.

>Why yes, I speak Latin. How could you tell?

Attached: 97658416-F28A-427D-9270-F00943183A2B.jpg (570x760, 66K)

>why yes, I can speak Homeric Greek, how could you tell?

Attached: 1548458903694.jpg (490x676, 75K)

python

why in particular will chinese be useful in the future?

t.

Attached: 1521291356613.jpg (653x552, 63K)

itll probably be another hundred years til mandarin is essential and by then we'll have realtime translators.

Are you so retarded that you need anonymous shitposters on an somali stargazing forum to tell you what to do? Look at all the people ITT, how do you think they managed to learn all these languages? Try using your own judgement for once, and no, adults have every advantage against toddlers when it comes to language learning.

Italian, Romanian, English, I've studyied latin in hs and I'm learning Russian now.

A cute girl just sat next to me on the bus btw, she's reading Da Vinci's Code (the special illustrated edition.
What should I do ?

Ignore her, she's merely flesh and bones arranged neatly

How cruel. I wish pleasant looking people would also cultivate their minds .

I dunno ask how she's enjoying the book? Not hard you 'tist

English, Russian and Chinese. I'm a Britbong.

English, French, German, Farsi and Arabic
Iranian-French mutt here, AMA

Swedish, English, Farsi and a little bit of french

Idk, just seems fun
Like writing a journal in code

native: dutch
near-native: English
well: German
well enough to read: French

French and Latin. Can't speak either of them particularly well though.

Fluent Vietnamese and English, slightly worse German

Hy чe, кaк c pyccким дeлa, пaцaны? Caм гoвopю нa pyccкoм, aнглийcкoм, китaйcкoм и фpaнцyзcкoм языкaх.

Attached: f7e238de-4d0b-4f3b-825f-94adf7613900.jpg (494x577, 126K)

Immersion and practice are the only solutions for improving conversational skills. Go to a Spanish-speaking country or at the very least get a Spanish-speaking friend to talk with you

>fluent enough to read books
French, Romanian, English

>working on
Latin, German

>want to learn
Sanskrit, Hungarian

Does anyone have any experience trying to learn Sanskrit?

I'm similar, feels good

I'm native Polish but speak fluent English and German
Learning Russian atm and its coming along easily because of the native Polish

Jeje

It's like Latin on steroids. Just more of everything and memorization out the ass. Sandhi is painful too. Learning Devanagari is the easiest part by far. Not impossible though. If you can handle Latin it should be doable for you with some effort and patience. I'm not reading fluent but I studied it a few years ago. I'd like to return to it soon.

Speak: English, Danish, German
Read: English, Danish, German, Swedish, Norwegian, basic Italian, basic Spanish, rudementary Latin, and rudementary Icelandic.

>Irish
>Rhyming with perish

Attached: 1552002266259.jpg (500x374, 19K)

Damn I wish I could read Kierkegaard in Danish.

We've got him now, Hans.
/ליט/ הוא רכוש היהודים!

How do you stop wanting to look like this and start feeling attracted to them as a male again?

Which Iranian works should I check out? Preferly theology, philosophy or poetry. Oh, and which of your parents are from Iran?

Yea, it's pretty neat. And H.C.Andersen for your children. Comfy times

Attached: rart.jpg (2560x1920, 2.43M)

english: native language, with patrician-tier accent
french: near fluent, speaking for years
german: Pretty good, can get by in the basics and have rudimentary convos
spanish: see german

I'm pretty good with languages, but it takes years to get anything near fluency. I've been living in France for one year, that's why I'm so strong in it.

Attached: 1555627200805.jpg (664x748, 83K)

I speak English, Cantonese, Punjabi, Ukrainian and Cebuano, fight me.

You don't speak Chinese, otherwise you wouldn't call it Chinese

Hot

>reading fluent
Queen's English, French, Italian, Romanian, Farsi

>studying
Kurmanci, Bangla, Turkish

Me? Well I'm a native English speaker but most of your friends are impressed that in this past year alone I read courses in German, Dutch and Spanish. What about you, toots? What do you read through those big glasses of yours?

Then it's irrelevant.

I speak catalan.

Dysga Cymraeg.

Hungarian, English, German.
It's my personal long-term goal to learn Mandarin

>Je peux lire un peu de francais, mais ca tout. Maintenent, est-ce-que vous voulez manger mon bitte?

Spanish
English (ESL)
French
German
Esperanto

Stop asking these stupid ass questions and start learning French.

Using translators is no replacement for the sheer beauty and confidence that comes with speaking - nay, *knowing* - another language by heart. It's unironically one of the best things any person can do for themselves to improve all areas of their life.

>with patrician-tier accent
Awful. Accentism is the worst. Clear-speaking and mastery of word choice >> snobby audio differences any day of the week.

>tfw my gf speaks chinese so I'll never need to bother about learning more than a few sentences.

Michel did the right thing. They fuck goooood

Attached: image.jpg (620x330, 23K)

If you're monolingual, it'd be worth learning it just for its own sake desu. Learning another language illuminates all the hidden quirks of your native worldview (and makes you a better thinker/speaker/lover) like few other things can.

Based indepe

yes

I don't even speak spanish just catalan and english lmao how weird

Native Russian, fluent English. To be honest, I hate Russian, I've tried to read Dostoevsky in English and it was just as good as original.

Hи нyжoн.

Based and Anglopilled

English, Spanish, Russian

How similar are spanish and catalan?

Read Latin well, but these days it's fairly useless except for reading the classics, and even then you have to make adjustments. It IS kind of good in some cathedrals, if you're trying to pick up the right sort of girl and you can translate the inscriptions for her. I still want blood over Notre Dame, BTW. Macron in particular.

A lot

>british scum
>thinks he speaks french fluently
Pas en un million d'années, ordure d'Albion.

Portuguese (brazilian here)
Average level of English

Same and maybe arab

Viadão

Only fluent in English, but My German and Irish are both pretty solid. I hope to become fluent enough in German to practise law in Germany or Austria within two or three years.

not mutually intelligible. a spaniard in barcelona will not understand the language. but I suppose that grammatically they are as similar as say french and italian are.

Norwegian, English and Russian.
I also have some basic knowledge of Spanish and am currently learning it.

Isn't Catalan closer to French?

yeah in a lot of its vocabulary. it's not really like either french or spanish. it must be stressed that it's its own language with its own history and development. they are their own culture

Native Brazilian Portuguese speaker.
Intermediary efficiency in English (I can understand really well the language, but I'm sastified with the efficiency of my expressions using this language. And, yes, I'm a perfectionist and I need to quit it).
I can read and do some writing in Spanish.
Planning to start learn basic Japanese (motivated by a interest in Japanese media), German (as a interested person in Germanic cultures) and French (interested in French writers) in the near future. Maybe Latin, too, as a Catholic.

What's a catalan? I don't think it exists.

Native: Japanese
Can speak:English,Chinese,French and German.
Currently learning:Italian.
Want to learn:Russian and Spanish.

Japanese is a terrible language to conduct Philosophy,so I was obliged to learn to write in foreign languages. (German is a Goat language)

youtube.com/watch?v=KnSg7AHOI1Q

Cute I want a Catalan gf now

i learned korean to understand my kpop idols

german, english, french fluently
spanish pretty good
italian + russian basics

being a european is awesome

I'm only fluent in English, but I've given months to years to Spanish and Japanese but gave up on them. Right now I want to learn Latin, Lojban, and Klingon. My interest just switched to languages without native speakers, especially conlangs.

My native language is Frog and I can read English (I rarely do so though). I'd like to learn Arabic and Russian.

K e dise illooooooo tu shurmano ole tus webos menudo jefe

24 year old here, decided to learn spanish in december from not knowing more than one word, i now speak in spanish fluently according to me and to my chilean girlfriend who i met through the italki app two months ago, age has nothing to do with it. Also you can find love through language social apps

Yea but it good for anime so fuck philosophy

>t. state school pleb

ok asshole

Attached: _101036882_elliot_rodger_2_shutterstoc.jpg (695x390, 29K)

Why is it that americans always smile so wide with their teeth? Is it a cultural thing? Can't they appreciate a modest smile?

English, Hebrew and Russian

China is taking over the world.

How can you be this oblivious?

Basque. Literally not related to any other language on Earth.

Every fucking bookthot roastie I've met took ONE French class as their 2nd language.
>ohmygosh French is such a beautiful language
is a phrase that I hope to never hear in my goddamn life ever again.

Attached: 1549922749865.png (738x8503, 1.56M)

yk that milton spoke latin, greek and sanskrit at least and shakespeare probably spoke french...

Attached: 6f79eaa0f5e4a600f9b20f5e20324720.jpg (1425x995, 274K)

I speak Spanish as a first and english as a second language, and I can just get by with spoken French. I can read French fluidly tho.

Old English/Anglo-Saxon > English

As a French I would agree. Bitch if you think my language is beautiful how about your complete my forms for me ?

Forgot link
youtu.be/XOfvCN_F5cg

German objectively sounds like shit

y-yeah haha
youtu.be/kjegqqA4K8Y

Attached: soB9gr1.gif (480x270, 1.04M)

Learn the language of those who haven't fucked your mom yet.

Spanish, english and portuguese.
I'm not a spic I swear.

min ween be souria emak?

English native speaker. Did French in high school and retain enough to read on a moderate level. Chinese fluent conversationally w/native accent (chink) and can read on a newspaper level. ASL conversational (obviously useless for literature), can read Japanese and Russian signposts.

Currently taking Quechua classes for funsies. It's a pretty cool language but I can't do ejective consonants for the life of me.

Would like to spend this summer improving my French so I can read French lit.

Maalula

I speak fluent javascript

Maalula

Norwegian
English
German
Some french

Whatever other languages you speak just aren't as important as English and implying that there's a natural second language choice for anglophones the same way there is for you or I is fucking retarded and you should feel bad for even thinking it.

There is no easy curricular decision to be made here. Grow up in Germany? You'll learn English. Grow up in Holland? You'll learn English. Grow up in England? What are you going to learn and what is the justification for forcing others to spend the time on it? There is no clear option here. Do you learn Mandarin because mainland Chinese gook farmers speak it? French, to speak to niggers who have difficulty with Germanic languages? Japanese because you're a fucking weeb? Take your pick but don't expect that to be a common choice because it just isn't universally useful.

.t Afrikaner

I can read Dutch, French, English, German, and Latin. Speak Dutch, French, English, a bit of German.
t. Belgian

Fair point. I suppose a lack of necessity can reduce learning foreign language to a matter of either interest or required school credit, which certainly wouldn't motivate any kids. Kind of unfortunate for them really.

Wrong, you stupid whore.

Ja jong, ken daai gevoel.

Mandarin gaan wel die hoof taal wees om te ken buite Engels in die toekoms, Sjina is besig om die wêreld oor te neem.

Attached: iu.jpg (640x480, 172K)

Patrician in two geopolitical regions here.

Grew up in England till I was about 13, then I moved to my grandma's farm in rural Quebec. I've never been able to shake the Cockney accent. When I was 17 my dad bought a farm in Paraguay and I moved there with him for the birds and to get out of the cold and ended up going to university there. Needless to say, I can speak French, English, and Spanish like a local. Unfortunately I've been yet unsuccessful in translating my linguistic ability into any good gash, but I've impressed a lot of people on the internet.

Attached: 1556734659771.jpg (608x600, 57K)

I'm native in German and learned English and Latin in school. I'm trying to learn Korean, but I'm still at the start and barely beyond starter phrases.

Bosnian, Croatian, Serbian, Montenegrin, English, German

Attached: Screen_Shot_2017-05-30_at_2.23.51_PM.png (360x361, 241K)

English, a bit of church Latin, even less medieval Greek and a smidgeon of Esperanto

>be job recruiter
>look at resume
>languages learned : english
>mfw

Into the trash it goes

Attached: penn_jillette.jpg (300x400, 31K)

only English but I barely speak that ha ha lol lmao

What's your favorite language?

The only books worth reading are written in english

It's literally the same thing

For what it's worth, my post was a joke. Take all the worst accents of each respective language and throw them together in the personage of a polyglot with absolutely zero cultural capital.

As for my favorite, it really depends. English is my first language, so obviously I find it much more malleable and open to experimentation, although I like to consider this something innate and not merely perceived.

French, for it's stylistic conventions of long run on sentences, punctuated with the occasional comma, never a period, which flow on and on, poetically, with none of that tedious Anglo obsession towards the efficiency, has a charm which tends to shine through in English translations but never in English literature (except, maybe, during the Victorian era, although that baby comes with a stew of other unfortunate conventions and is best tossed out entirely).

Spanish is wonderful for conversation, something about it's flow and simplicity seems to constantly border on melodrama, and it's inherited a lot of interesting grammatical rules that don't exist in the rest of the European languages. There is however an unfortunate lack of both the wide vocabulary of English and the precise vocabulary of French, and although this may be simply by my ill-acquaintance with the language, I always find everything being described as 'lindo/a' and can't help but be annoyed. They do have a great literary tradition though, so obviously it works very well. The use of the upside down question mark in particular is interesting, because it allows for a question to be asked within a sentence, rather than as a sentence as with other languages. If this doesn't cause you to stand back and examine the limitations of English, ¿and doesn't it do so elegantly?, I don't know what would.

based

native spanish, advanced english i suppose.
but why do you care, ugly bitch, you look like a jew anyways

>Portuguese
>not spanish
why??????

What's a good way to learn a language, anons? I'd like to learn a lot but I only speak English fluently. Any tips?

Attached: 1467670064878.png (505x642, 362K)

Work diligently for an hour every day without fail or distractions.

Are you literally me?

Read books, watch movies, and listen music in the language you want. Sounds retarded, i know. But if babies can learn only with exposure why not you?

Read poetry. It's the fastest way to
A. Build a respectable vocabulary
B. Understand the rhythm and musicality of the language

Dumb
Dumber
Dumbest

Why is Yea Forums so stupid when it comes to language learning?

German
Learning Korean
Want to learn Japanese and to read Latin

Attached: 1524325624404.png (143x170, 51K)

I speak English and Portuguese. Actually, being from Brazil, Portuguese is my first language. I'm studying Japanese and planning to learn Esperanto in the future

>Fluent enough to read books

English, Latin, Ancient Greek, Esperanto

>What I'm studying

Russian, Mandarin, Welsh, Irish

It means 'and Chinese'. 和 is the Chinese word for 'and'.

>try to learn french
>mfw i see genders for the first time
thats when i quit

Attached: JUST FUCK MY SHIT UP.jpg (217x320, 19K)

I learned Spanish so I could read Don Quixote in its original language. Huge waste of time. But at least I can pick up fat-bottomed latinas at the sports bar.

English German French and learning Arabic.

Fuck you, you presumptuous bitch

>ITT: A bunch of delusional people who have deceived themselves into thinking they speak multiple languages with anything approaching competence.

Do Soren's graphomaniacal ramblings read more sufferable in his mother tongue? The guy needed an editor to tell him to cut 50% down
She succeeds I'm a sucker for this type

norwegian, german, latin and koine.

Portuguese, italian, french, spanish and english

Cyкa, блядь. Also fluent English. Slowly going through French.

swedish, english, greek

Attached: The Day before the Exam.jpg (1024x699, 178K)

english, 1337 and ebonics.

Swedish, finnish, english and a little bit of german. Thinking about taking some german course in uni.

t. monolingual who cannot even comprehend what being fluent in more than one language is like

This. Basque is literally a patrician-tier language.
t. basque speaker

Attached: alien.png (616x623, 219K)

Your from india ?

de dónde eres, negrito

native polish
average level english
low level german

When i'm finished with learning english what would you recommend to start with?

spanish? indian? Arabic?

what's essential vietcore reading?
vietnamese is a comedy language

UAUAUAUAUAUUOEOEOEOEEOEOOEOEOEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANON Y-YAMETE

My opinion?
Cartoons with subtitles. Then movies with subtitles. Then documentaries.
After that you start reading.

Finnish, Swedish, English

Vũ Công Hoan, Nam Cao, Vũ Bằng, Ngô Tát Tố, Vũ Trọng Phụng are some great names of modern-postmodern literature. Bảo Ninh is another great author whose works are more internationally popular I think, since his novel The Sorrow of War has a great deal of translations and is generally quite well known.

>comedy language
What do you mean?

I can read Korean. Can't understand it, but I can read it.

English, Danish, Swedish

FYI....Ignore any multilingual people with SWEDISH as one of their languages. These are immigrant Arabs that learned through parental association and through their gypsy migrations. This is why they always know 3 different European languages that are relatively local and several Arab languages that are local. They had to learn everytimw they moved. This isn’t the same as learning a language to be smart.

Like subbed in that language or just subbed anime? Or dubbed and subbed foreignly?

Get someone who currently learns English so you can teach each other. It's important to speak the language you want to learn from day one. Where I live, it's called a "tandem partner". If you live in a bigger city, that should make things easier but tandem via Skype works well, too.

>speak

English
Portuguese

>read

English
Portuguese
Spanish
Italian
French
Provençal
Catalan
Medieval Latin
Middle English
A little German already, still working on it

Hurt durr best literature is only the literature I can read the easiest. Nothing different is good!

Non Sequiter city population you

I don’t even know where to start

If you are a native spanish speaker you can learn to speak catalan perfectly in a few years.

>own history and development
You are quite an snowflake

i'm fluent in English and Arabic. it's a shame that contemporary writers of both language suck.

Let me guess, you're Swedish but one of your parents is Finnish?

Depends what languages you're interested in. Easy and common ones are German, Spanish and French, but if you aren't interested in those then you should pick something else. Learning a language requires a lot of intrinsic motivation and you're not going to have that if you aren't interested in the language.

Could be a fenno-swede.

I know Russian, what books am I missing out on?

what's workflow for learning languages after your 20s? e.g. How do you learn German? Grammar, dictionaries, movies? How much time would it take to start reading philosophers?

How did you learn all these languages? Pretty much learned them as a kid?

Romanian, French, English, Italian
Want to learn Russian or Japanese. Just for fun.

Yeah definitely, but that's just my guess.

In my experience, finns in Sweden aren't really in the business of teaching their kids the language, not unless both parents are finns.