If you're so smart and well-read user why are you not rich?

>If you're so smart and well-read user why are you not rich?

Attached: 008184CA-C6CB-4158-92C4-057370B60A3E.jpg (739x415, 26K)

If you're looking for smart people you've come to the wrong place.

I didn't tell dr.phil to cash me outside

Attached: 1544140916960.jpg (960x918, 86K)

5% of the population is unsuccessful in relation to their IQ because of neuroticism, quite a few of those are on this board.

it's no trick to make a lot of money... if all you want is to make a lot of money.

But I am

I'm rich in knowledge and culture

me too

buying books you fucking morons *dabs*

>You think I’d be at the job interview with my resume if I wasn’t in need of the assets your company provides? Are you fucking retarded? You know what? I can’t work under you as it has been clearly shown that you can’t do simple arithmetic

the guy on the right has such a rapist face

or you know, not wasting your life chasing an infinite accelerated abstraction by giving it your labor. I'm fine with middle class.

I was born wealthy

Attached: F9821191-DFBC-4455-916F-5780E3371155.png (636x638, 574K)

based jewish rasta

Attached: if_you're_so_smart_why_aren't_you_rich.jpg (768x702, 215K)

If you're so smart, why aren't you poor?

>not realizing your parents are putting you thru school so that you can support them when they retire

Ur just another investment

Attached: 19B6F160-F7D2-4F7B-A8BD-5FB749BC0502.jpg (608x600, 57K)

Yes. Yes. And yes.

Attached: 564AEF2D-42BC-4655-804C-A8CF40D5ED50.jpg (1024x1024, 263K)

I am neither smart nor well-read, ma'am, and I believe both the acquisition and holding of wealth to be immoral.

When did I say I was smart I’m a fucking idiot

I know this is a meme but many people with the capitalist mind parasite unironically think like this. If you encounter one in the wild, run away.

Because I choose not to be

I’m actually not smart at all. Read from time to time for fun

Attached: 39F07341-9E6F-4CAD-B61B-D2F8431D3946.jpg (390x355, 36K)

lmao what a shitty answer

>but i applied for the janitor position

why?

Pussy and wealth are externals and therefore unnecessary for eudaimonia.

>lmao what a shitty answer

Attached: 3203508E-6566-4F33-9664-97EC41EBFB04.jpg (460x306, 23K)

But I am.

t. trust fund babby and MD

ur moms got a rapist face, nigger

How many people are actually self-made? Do they even come close to 10% of all rich people?

Material wealth doesn’t lead to happiness, cravings for it and cravings in general are the cause of unhappiness, yada yada

The vast majority of millionaires are old boomers who have finally reached a net worth of a few million over the course of their entire life. The average United States millionaire is 62 years old. Literally 1% of millionaires are under the age of 35, and an even tinier fraction of that 1% are self-made.

Rich compared to who?

damn

I'm not rich exactly because I'm smart and well read.

gibsmedat

I hate money

Because I don't want to exploit anybody.

Attached: image.jpg (500x514, 132K)

Nihilistic accumulation of wealth never really appealed to me. I wasn't born a billionaire, there's no sense trying to write that cosmic injustice against me when there's plenty of other things I can spend my time doing that yield tangible and immediate benefits.

Failures compound themselves as readily as successes and we live in a statistical, not a deterministic world.

based

because in current system, like you it or not, money give you maximum freedom possible in our society. You can get away with crime, you can afford a good comfy house somewhere in the woods. Being rich, you are no more a slave of eternal survival cycle. You can afford everything and you can buy anything. The quality of tools you use and meals you eat increases, thus the quality of your life goes up as well. But just to say, most rich people are not smart either, they are just witty and know their business - some have millions in wealth yet they waste their time to accumulate even more in a pathetic attempt to satisfy the only sense and meaning of life they are able to find.
So to conclude, you are smart if you follow the golden mean. You are silly if you think that being poor is okay or if you try to earn more money than you actually need. Being poor is okay only if you have good neighborhood or true friends who can save your ass if the black day comes in.
But if you are alone, your loneliness and bad state of things lead to nothing but depression, and in depression your brain literally burns itself.

Attached: 15467253402400.png (800x576, 438K)

I was born poor. I could either become rich or well read, so I chose the later. I consider myself smart but not smart enough to effortlessly be rich, with plenty of time left to read.

That's the worst "intellectual" post I've seen in a while. Your thoughts are so shallow yet you act as if you are some enlightened entity.
Money does not equal freedom, amassing it in fact and being rich (most of the rich people are simply born into wealth) simply ties you even closer into the system.
And no, following "the golden mean" is not smart either maybe that lazy or inconsequential but it's certainly not smart. Either you do what you love in life or you don't, I don't think there's a point in being miserable.

A rather unimaginative question, but I will try to forgive you. Now allow me if you will to invoke the wisdom of G.K. Chesterton.

>Among the rich you will never find a really generous man even by accident. They may give their money away, but they will never give themselves away; they are egotistic, secretive, dry as old bones. To be smart enough to get all that money you must be dull enough to want it.

That said, I am rich, as my shoes no doubt prove. And I am only at this interview to pass the time. Indeed, if you were to offer me the job I would immediately decline. Now I bid you good day.

cringe and bluepilled

Attached: zstateoftheworld.png (1874x327, 42K)

that dude isnt even bald for real what a fucking loser

Absolute brainlet. Just in the process of "getting rich" you've made yourself a slave, at best you can inherit the fruits of someone else's slave labour.

>Being poor is okay only if you have *things that money can never, ever buy*
You're so close to the answer but you're too retarded to see it. My condolences.

Attached: 1506999742274.png (211x239, 6K)

Chasing wealth beyond what is necessary for a comfortable life is a pointless endeavour to be quite honest

I was on my way until I cooked my brain with memes

it's not a choice user.

It's even worse. It makes prices higher for others

I am not my bank account.

>Either you do what you love in life or you don't

RIGHT ON THE MONEY user

Attached: 6CD68609-DC02-4F99-A276-F04FD51DCD0F.gif (500x300, 210K)

Based

Because I'm not good with money. I may be smart, but I love to waste money on silly things.

The kinda shit a creepy ass guy whose trying to seduce you says who thinks he’s being generous with his knowledge by simply confessing his own confusion and continually rounds his platitudes with “I’m just keeping it real with you” followed by a really scary smile

BABY I AM MONEY

Attached: E44CA014-F299-48D2-BF8C-A4A4D54CD31D.jpg (1100x2127, 396K)

Eh, I'm not really rich, but I'm comfortable enough with my simple low expense lifestyle that my fiance and I can do whatever reasonable things we want without really worrying about it. I'm not exactly going on never ending holidays all over the world, but we've never once worried about paying our bills or whether we have enough money to buy some book/video game or go eat somewhere and quite frankly that's good enough for me.

I'm a full time mum so my priorities lie elsewhere...

If I had wealth I'd give it away. Go study Diogenes.

looks like and sounds like a san fran negro bum of our own time

My intelligence is not optimized for the maximization of the acquisition of filthy lucre. Quite to the contrary it's optimized for the stringing together of ungainly and wordy sentences.

Currently banging your mom at your dads house

Yea Forums is fairly smart or at least very knowledgeable, except for the leftist scum LARPing around.

niggers from san francisco would rob you in broad daylight for whatever pocket change you may have.

Because I am the noble loser.

Losing is a winners game

This to a tee. I'm pretty smart and Yea Forums is the only board I regularly check.

this.

either you have to exploit others, or make shit like harry potter.