St Edmund’s [College...

varsity.co.uk/news/17456

>St Edmund’s [College, Cambridge] has terminated the research fellowship of Dr Noah Carl following an investigation into his research work, the Master has announced today.

Attached: IMG_20190501_135802.jpg (480x547, 66K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Brand
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What the fuck.
>the poor scholarship of this problematic body of Dr Carl’s work, among other things, meant that it fell outside any protection that might otherwise be claimed for academic freedom of speech.
So is the problem that his research is poor, or that it possibly affirms racists' beliefs? The cognitive dissonance here is obvious. Do they mean that if his research was of highest academic excellence, he would not have been dismissed, even if the results still turned out to be racist? Clearly not haha, since research cannot be of high standards and reaffirm racist beliefs at the same time!
The university is cucked beyond all reason. Embarrassing.

If you Google him, you see that he went to /our university/, OXFORD.

>his work has included papers on whether Muslim populations make terrorism more likely
deserved

>It continued, “the panel found that, in the course of pursuing this problematic work, Dr Carl had collaborated with a number of individuals who were known to hold extremist views.
It's some milquetoast like Jordan Peterson isn't it?

Barbarians.

Since this is a fairly left board, I'd genuinely like to hear one of you guys defend this. Not whether he's right or a good man or anything, just how you can be Yea Forums and 'intellectual' and not see anything wrong with this.

Can't wait for the Rise of China.

He's pretty cute desu

Attached: 1_HvAXnu5T1iiPVU_Yd0LKhw.png (982x1399, 1.07M)

Maybe, just maybe, he should stop being a fascist?

What in the WORLD are you talking about? How is he a fascist?

you dont know what youre saying. i felt that way before a recent trip to china. truly terrifying

being censored for ideas is a classically conservative action

Your concern trolling and gaslighting isn't going to bait a response out of me. Fuck off.

Would you please either
a) thank me for the (you) and admit you're shitposting or
b) explain to me how politics undermining academic freedom is NOT fascist whereas doing research on race, terrorism or IQ is? At most it could be right-wing.

I fell for the bait then, I see. Good parody of how interactions with leftist typically go.

Is it, though? I think you'll find every side has jumped at the chance to do that wherever they could, both left and right.

I'd tap his bunghole with my fem penis for the sole purpose of procreation if you know what I mean

MUH FREEZE PEACH

OH TOMMEH TOMMEH

Not as much as liberals have led us to believe. Really, conservatism has a much stricter and narrower sense of time and place. Had Galileo gone about his research in the proper way, he would have been fine. Case in point, my ancestor introduced the Copernican system to England along with his research partner. The research partner eventually taught other things and was beheaded, while my ancestor was knighted and granted minor lands. Conservatives understand that words are more than empty wind, but also understand that in the course of time, only the truth, if anything, survives. What is dangerous and curtailed is the rapid promulgation of what may or may not be false, and which is dangerous to the unity of the people. It is true that this could be abused, but so too can the current method be abused. It is only these post-modern post-marxists which believe the words themselves, though not meaning anything in and of themselves, are harmful, rather than the ideas they represent and the actions they may or may not cause.

Not surprising, academic freedom doesn't go too far on actual controversial subjects. Politically the idea all subjects are open for research isn't a left or right position e.g. race is a sensitive subject for the left and sex is for the right. There's many such cases:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Brand

>Conservatives understand that words are more than empty wind, but also understand that in the course of time, only the truth, if anything, survives.
Completely absurd, conservatives believe in original sin and without strict controls people will go astray and civilization can be destroyed.

>It is only these post-modern post-marxists which believe the words themselves, though not meaning anything in and of themselves, are harmful, rather than the ideas they represent and the actions they may or may not cause.
Postmodernism is about deflating metanarratives, not any problematic casual connection between words and deeds, which is why it primarily causes so much butthurt amongst everyone.

Wait what? Nowhere in that article was it claimed that research can't be of high standards if it's racist. The guy was literally publishing his research in a non-peer reviewed journal and attending meetings on eugenics.

Okay, first of all, even if he had done his research "well" according to the neo-fascist restrictive standards of the colonial hypercapitalist West, that in and of itself is no reason to tolerate or signal boost such an intolerant and dehumanizing work of far-right propaganda, Secondly, the man is clearly only using academia as a front to cover for his antiquated bigotry, trying to trojan horse his racist polemic into the public sphere under the guise of objective research. It's entirely possible to do research on the status of people of color/people of sexuality in the modern world without being a racist piece of shit. If he wanted to keep his job, he should have shown signs of the "education" that he claims to have, because this sounds like one ignorant motherfucker.

>people of sexuality
well that's a new one

>conservatives believe in original sin and without strict controls people will go astray and civilization can be destroyed.
But this is obviously correct based off of the last 70 years of world history

I'm sure some Chinese uni. will be more than happy to have him.

I really hope this is a crafty troll.

>can't observe obvious facts
LOL. The absolute state of the left.

No reasonable person would want to live in China.

Just because the terminology has only become somewhat accepted by the cisheteropatriarchy in the last few years does not mean that the people didn't exist. Actually, uncovering the repressed history of people of sexuality is a hugely underappreciated need in the humanities, hopefully we will see more focus in this area as society progresses.
Trolls are typically subversive agents on a Russian payroll, I'm just a decent human being with a conscience, sorry if that bothers you (not really sorry, though).

This is good. Keep going. It's been ages since I've seen anyone put some real effort into it, what a breath of fresh air.

LOL obvious bait

Hopefully I can bring some compassion into this dark cave of moldering misogyny and dead ideologies
This, for example, is most likely a Russian bot. Blocked.

Yea now you're just being too obvious. Good effort though..

>cisheteropatriarchy
Overplayed your hand a bit there, buddy. Hang out on /pol/ to see how trolling should be done.

>>Russian payroll
you were doing so good

One, not all conservatives are Catholic/Christian. Just because we live in a Christian society does not mean that there are not other societies which are also conservative.
Two, I encourage you to read, instead of simply imagining what the other person has written. Only the truth, if anything, survives does not mean that people are inclined towards truth or goodness, but that error leads to death. All that is literally capable of surviving is the truth. As time goes by, that which sins dies, and so that which is good lives on. Lies and falsehoods are dangerous, but handled appropriately they can be seen for what they are. What is important is when some knew information has some truth and some fiction, or is true but said wrongly suggests a lie. In time these can be seen, but when spread quickly, the damage and harm can be beyond conception.

/pol/ is baited by litteraly anything and everything. Just post any SJWs talking points and you'll get at least three people insulting you, with at least one of them calling you a jew.

>if we don't agree with your opinion you can't publish it
Interesting.
He's fuggo.
This. Chinks despise muzzies and are actively genociding them as we speak. The chinese really do the jobs whypipo won't.

cool it on the buzzwords, bucko. this isn't your grad school seminar. you're talking to a bunch of retards on Yea Forums.

Not with those pubes on his face. I wonder what they're hiding.

Britain is a Progressive country so they can censor heresies against the state religion if they want.

either you're rightwing trying to discredit leftists or genuinely retarded, either way i'm glad you're here to do it

This phenomenon is the same reason priests fuck kids. Repression. Pol posters have to bottle up their no-no words and wrongthink until they're on the one forum they can splooge it all out.

It's not the 90s anymore old man. In America 99% of censorship or avocation for censorship comes from the left.

>he wants to be squashed like a bug by a bug

center-left progressivism is the current state religion & inner party, reacting to those outside their prescribed idea-set, desiring to maintain this status quo for as long as possible, i.e. conservative

To me he just sounds like a fucking cuck.
Muslim countries are the only ones not bending over for the globalist dick just yet and if course they're not helping anyone but at the same time terrorism is just another word for guerilla war.

Obviously.

Reddit the post

Attached: science.jpg (731x341, 48K)

I was trying to be ironic pal

How the fuck is that controversial?

How many layers of irony is this thread currently on?

You in Norf FC, mate?

Attached: 142.jpg (800x800, 73K)

Doesn't Nick Land live in China?

Attached: 1556721222866.jpg (354x499, 30K)