Wow...so this is the power of poetry

Wow...so this is the power of poetry

Attached: 27504F43-8499-423F-A95A-EA848B085A3B.jpg (500x502, 44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/jHPOzQzk9Qo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

not only she's a bad "poet", but also factually retarded.
cutting off the ears won't do shit to hearing.
> SHE WAS AN OVERWEIGHT SLAM POET
> BUT HE HAD HIS EARDRUMS PIERCED
> THANKS TO GOD

I wanna to defend her, but damn, that's really bad

lactose was oozing from her milkers
but my tongue was cut off

I don't like her pseudopoems, but bro, have some nice arguments. In poems not everything means the same (literal): ears can be read as hearing in this case.
She's bad as a poet tho

>Cutting off the ears won't do shit to hearing
Would it not be like hearing notes from a clarinet with no reed?

A reed is like a tongue. not comparable at all. the ears are like a funnel.

It feels like half of the Rupi poetry I've seen posted is just
>she was [good thing]
>but he couldn't appreciate it

Not only is this bad poetry but it's just gross and disturbing.

but its unnecessarily unrealistic. It wouldn't have taken away from the poem to have writing something like "but he had his ears covered" instead

kid..watch this

Attached: IMG_20190406_101015~2.jpg (780x1040, 46K)

Yeah turns out telling women they are perfect and powerful is enough to make you are bestseller

Also true

sadness is an indian slut

She was an overweight goddess
but he had no eyes
because he was a fucking douchebag asshole and I hope he dies ok fuck you Chad

pic related is unironically good, you're all just stupid and jealous. fucking retards.

Attached: 1b964c972d02b0580e111ed4ec1e28b1.png (620x607, 60K)

I challenge you all to write something better than this, but I know you won't be able to.

Attached: sunandherflowers.png (774x595, 24K)

Way too vulgar for my taste, but admittedly a decent metaphor

Butterfly saved my number
On a fine spring day
No faults or blunders
The bluffs worked out okay

I knew she would save it
And prove she is no tart
Now we wait for a bit
For her to do her part

:3

This is not rupi though

>argument from authority
Yeah I don't have to be able to write like Joyce to tell you that Rupi isn't good. Admittedly, that poem isn't awful, but she pumps out enough worthless garbage that it doesn't really matter if she produces one or two decent poems. Monkey writing Shakespeare and whatnot.

You're fucking retarded. Poets choose vocabulary deliberately. "Cut off" connotes violence and/or separation.

feels bad man

Attached: pepe og.jpg (618x412, 26K)

What did you just say about me, you little shit?

Attached: Bildnis_Ludwig_van_Beethoven_.jpg (487x600, 53K)

>mfw I literally can't tell the difference between Rupi Kaur and her parodies anymore

Attached: WalterBrennan.jpg (320x215, 10K)

Reminder that if Rupi Kaur were a straight white male, she would have been laughed out of her poetry 101 course.

The only reason leftists pretend to like her is because of muh diversity.

This one is gross

Attached: 1553977179983.png (800x600, 18K)

Which is sad, because Christopher Hitchens had much more interesting things to say on India/Pakistan relationships and it's cause//effect in traditional gender roles.

Attached: 1555797355070.png (588x928, 117K)

Vocabulary is the entire body of words within a language, or more loosely understood as the entire body of words available to a person. The word you're looking for is "word".

Maybe too deliberately on the part of Ms. Kaur. Anything that does not proceed directly from emotion is useless to the poet.

i must defend rupi kar for she is a woman of color

Is that a titty? I think I just came to it. hehehe.

WE DON'T NEED WHITE SAVIOURS YOU RACIST SHITLORD

Attached: skynews-serena-williams-us-open_4415660.jpg (768x432, 42K)

kek

Attached: YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSS.png (965x854, 15K)

Attached: rupi kaur punjabi varmints.jpg (1200x989, 532K)

Attached: Rupi Kaur Foot Fun for Feminism quote.png (1066x1894, 2.27M)

I hope that's fake, because that's terrible writing. Worse than the poetry. But it also explains how she can be such a cynical, cold-hearted bitch.

wow this poetry is unironically really bad
why is she well-liked?

She does dramatic projectile menstrual art to promote her books. You might have seen a YT video of her "birthing" balloons filled with paint, where Rupi straddles a white canvas atop two step ladders

Because people like being told what they want to hear, and shallow feminism is popular right now.

I can't believe any of you are defending this pseud. She displays minimal command of language. Her shit is boring and says absolutely nothing of significance, just fucking templated drivel about men not appreciating her. She's hot sure, but I'd use her too. Damn strumpet is not deserving of even a sliver of respect.

Attached: IMG_2207.jpg (750x736, 69K)

rupi is a very bad poet but also has an amazing ear for what her audience wants. she's not a good artist at all but she is a savant-tier product designer which i think is a way more interesting conversation than "wow she sure is bad isn't she" as if anyone with any kind of literary sensibilities hasn't noticed yet

Wow...so this is the powder of pottery

Attached: 1541690038700.jpg (640x660, 67K)

Unironically deeper

unironically better

The point is that having ears cut off is more visceral and a stronger image. Also, “ha had his” would imply that he is the cause of it. So it creates a dynamic where one side is beautiful, elegant, and easy to appreciate while the other side is self-destructive, obstinate, and hurtful of his own volition.
It’s not good poetry, but you must barely have a functioning brain stem if your major complaint is that cutting off ears doesn’t literally impede hearing. That’s why it’s called *figurative* speech.

you're a silly little boy

Nope he’s looking for “diction”, but he would probably have to restructure the sentence then.

Rupi Kaur and that shitty cigarette poet dudebro should hatefuck each other

>rupi is a very bad poet but also has an amaz
youtu.be/jHPOzQzk9Qo

>Christopher Hitchens
wot

Same.