What would you do if you were in Zuko's shoes?

And do you think Zuko's relationship with Mai is salvageable at this point?

Attached: Mai knew about the NOS.png (984x847, 1.02M)

god the comics are fucking terrible.

>boring woman with some pushover
I genuinely don't think I have ever cared about them, even on my first watch. Probably some of the weakest characters in the show.
Zuko would have been ok if Iroh didn't totally bitch out at the end and fuck his story arc in the ass.

Attached: 1631729237389.gif (500x232, 864.66K)

If I were Zuko I would've just responded with
>"You're father at least loved and cared for you while me, Azula, and our mother never got that, So don't compare our situations EVER am I clear? My father is a monster and I will take down anyone who supports him. I'm sorry Mai but after everything that's happened, I can't let this slide. I love you but you lied to me about something that can endanger many lives and the world again."

>Now get out before I do something I might regret. Your father and Ozai's other new followers will face punishment.

>Azula
Zuko still thinks Ozai genuinely cared about Azula, because the dude writing the comics is a retard.

>Zuko believes that Ozai, and by proxy Azulon, abused him because of Azula's prodigal nature.
I thought part of Zuko's arc was coming to terms with the fact that Ozai could never love him, at least without sacrificing all of his morals. And that he was more than his bending or rivalry with Azula. Hence why, for example, he jumped in front of Azula's lighting for Katara even though it meant losing the Agni Kai. So was I wrong or did Zuko regress? And if so why?

Attached: Loving brother.jpg (2296x1827, 322.69K)

See:
>because the dude writing the comics is a retard.

>Zuko still thinks Ozai genuinely cared about Azula, because the dude writing the comics is a retard.
>See:
>>because the dude writing the comics is a retard.
But Gene Yang is an award winning writer. Like how does someone of his writing talent produce such shoddy work? Especially since, unlike most of the comics he was worked with, the ATLA comics did not have strict deadline and so he had all the (comparatively) time in the world to write them? Not to mention he had loads of creative freedom considering the period between LoK and ATLA was blank and Bryke were relatively hands off (if I am remembering correctly).

Not to mention Mai already saw what doing such things did to both Azula and Zuko, honestly the comics ruin various characters like Ursa or Mai, to the point where Suki, a character which Zuko barely interacts on the OG show, shows more SIMPathy towards him than both characters mentioned, (meanwhile I think she never interacts with Sokka) ironically Azula too when she roasts him (based and incestuous as always, though more retarded)

>ironically Azula too when she roasts him
Isn't it weird that they make Azula seem villainous for saying this when she vocalized what must have been in the minds of readers?

Attached: Azula roasts Zuko for trying to get back his ex by defending her current boyfriend.jpg (1067x1600, 491.25K)

>Not to mention Mai already saw what doing such things did to both Azula and Zuko
The comics imply that Mai thinks Azula was a natural born psycho and that they were never friends. And the TRPG, which was made in collaboration with Avatar Studios, all but says that Azula was never friends with Mai or Ty Lee because is only capable of seeing people as means to an end and not ends to themselves.

Attached: Ty Lee scared.jpg (579x900, 135.4K)

capeshit characters have their traits that transfer from run to run but generally you can get away with your take on said characters and make them different to suit your writing style if you stick to a few general traits, you can make the tone super campy or super grimdark, there's no real established tone or arcs to follow religiously outside of a few defining traits

Avatar had very established characters with established morals in an established tone and setting they got over the course of the show, it's why Aang who refused to follow fully in Buddhistic teachings if it meant losing his connections to those close to him suddenly turning around and respecting Zuko's wish for suicide via avatar should he take a bad path makes no fucking sense even if it is a tenant of some Buddhist philosophy.

>The comics imply that Mai thinks Azula was a natural born psycho and that they were never friends.
1/3

Attached: Mochi Rant Part 1.0.jpg (1067x1600, 430K)

2/3

Attached: Mochi Rant Part 2.0.jpg (1067x1600, 409.61K)

This would be better if they were both subordinates as well as on some level at one point or in some scenarios friends. Like there was general connections but they also fell apart because of Azula's desire for control, use of power and manipulation. It'd make Azula's breakdown make much more sense.

3/3

Attached: Mochi Rant Part 3.0.jpg (1067x1600, 447.55K)

>And the TRPG, which was made in collaboration with Avatar Studios, all but says that Azula was never friends with Mai or Ty Lee because is only capable of seeing people as means to an end and not ends to themselves.
1/4

Attached: TRPG Hundred Year War Era Description of Azula.png (433x343, 175.85K)

2/4

Attached: TRPG Aang Era Description of Azula.png (427x332, 151.21K)

3/4

Attached: TRRG Azula as a Teacher Part 1.png (451x482, 240.97K)

4/4

Attached: TRPG Azula's Life Story.png (446x803, 409.56K)

Bonus: What Azula has been up to post-Smoke and Shadow

Attached: TRPG Where is Azula?.png (440x375, 171.98K)

>It'd make Azula's breakdown make much more sense.
Azula's breakdown was just a nerf since they needed Zuko (and later Katara) to be able to defeat her as well as avoid tricky questions like what type of punishment a sane child general should get or how would the Gaang deal with pro-war types rallying around a sane Azula.

>
Villanous? Nah she's just mocking everyone she sees
The Royal family in general is far from sane

Yang got weird fetishes

Attached: MarriageProposal.png (611x512, 514.39K)

It makes sense if you look at it from the POV of a child soldier obsessed with perfection, control and maintaining status as the golden child while also having severe parenting and abandonment issues. It makes no sense if she's just le born evil and was upset she couldn't use people anymore, her plans and people fail her continuously in book 2 and Zuko sides against her or targets her multiple times but she shakes it off an adapts to get what she wants, her "friends" betraying her being the catalyst for her breakdown to start makes literally no sense if she truly doesn't care for them at all beyond what she can get out of them. She'd just adapt and change course like she does in Book 2 when shit doesn't go her way, instead shifting to use the Dai Li as her right hand men. Her dad telling her to hold down the fort at home shouldn't enrage her if everything is about control and fear, she'd merely serve her role if it was that surface level of deep.

That's why the post show version of Azula sucks, if you view Azula as le poor victim or as le evil sadist her actions aren't consistent regardless.

The way he so easily accepts her answer is hilarious

Me: Bit$h my Dad flambed my f$kin face!

>he cares about the comics

Attached: pernicious_nihilistic_judgement.jpg (1280x867, 101.08K)

The only cool thing are the facial expressions, incest vibes and Jin reappearing
Also why the fuck OP always spam this shit?

Fuck Suki instead.

Attached: fanning_the_flames_by_maripolifan_dezhc15-fullview.jpg (1600x1602, 228.21K)

Attached: Screenshot_20220501-174055~2.png (720x880, 486.66K)

Because Avatar the series was a collaborative process made by several people who were keeping each other in checks and balances. There's a golden spot in collaborative works where you have someone with a unifying vision while having enough people to polish off the rough edges. Korra and these comics are examples of what happens when you lose that ratio.

Mai in series had literally already betrayed her family for Zuko, and then suddenly she's not willing to in the comics. Gene traded her entire character arc which was nihilist pragmatism being overcome by love. If this was a collaborative effort you'd have had someone pointing out how this basically ignores her entire character arc. Same with how quick Aang was to go "I WILL DESTROY YOU IF I HAVE TO ZUKO." Same with Toph becoming not only a cop, but also deciding to abandon her family when her entire character arc was fucking her realizing just how important having a family was to her. You get these creatives who think WOW COOL ROBOT or WOW COOL DRAMA and don't see how it undermines the characters where if they a few more people able to tell them no, they'd realize how stupid it was.

Fuck Ty Lee. Like isnt Ty Lee thirsty for dick? Moreover, didn’t she hit on Zuko during The Beach?

She monke

Do what Sean Connery would have done and slapped her.

Move on. This is pure melodrama. Talk to Ty Lee if you are so lonely, Zuk cuck.

War rape is hot.

Good riddance ironically lol

>Same with Toph becoming not only a cop, but also deciding to abandon her family when her entire character arc was fucking her realizing just how important having a family was to her

Toph already got cucked back when they didn't give her another episode after the Runaway in order to really wrap things up for her. They literally made a joke about it in the finale.

Honestly, if it wasn’t for Izumi’s design does any really think Mai and Zuko got back together after S&S?

what's stopping zuko from throwing mai in jail lmao

Ty Lee is not a slut but she did give him a hint to ditch Mai for her at the campfire.

>negative energies
nigga come the fuck on ty lee wouldn't have been up her own ass that early jesus christ

Do you think Azula cared for Zuko? Also, how did you think Ozai reacted to seeing Azula after Zuko turned on him? Or how did Ozai react after Mai and Ty Lee's betrayals?
>what's stopping zuko from throwing mai in jail lmao
Because besides the fact that she is responsible for him being alive today, along with the rest of the EK, he is madly in love with her.

>come the fuck on Azula wouldn't have been up her own ass that early jesus christ

Dunno but this feels out of character. Didn't she openly go against Azula und therefore the fire nation just to help Zuko

Attached: 1644408950385.jpg (500x500, 18.84K)

>Didn't she openly go against Azula und therefore the fire nation just to help Zuko
The comics imply that she just saw it as just helping Zuko/turning on Azula. Because if she realized what she did in the Boiling Rock she would have never covered for Ukano and the New Ozai Society for as long as she did.

This is a digression, but I am weird to believe that Mai and Ty Lee really didn't have a complete redemption arc since they never overtly rejected the Fire Nation's imperalism like Zuko, Iroh, Chey, Piandao, and Jeong Jeong did?

Why is /co so obessed with some medicore comics man?

ty lee
nigger read

>ty lee
>nigger read
Azula is already manipulating her friends/abusing her status as child. So it is you who needs to read.

fuck mai in the pussy

truly a retard

>What would you do if you were in Zuko's shoes
Impregnate Mai, Kyoshi and Azula
Punish Ukano with public beatings and exile until first son with Mai is born then discuss a public pardon of all crimes as long as he provides a good scapegoat.
Isolate Fire Nation from globalhomo and ensure healthy and prosperous nation-state.

I would've traveled to Ba Sing Sae and spend the next couple of days looking Jin to marry her.

Attached: 001.jpg (1024x768, 70.44K)

>Impregnate Mai, Kyoshi and Azula
Kyoshi is long dead so do you mean Suki or Ty Lee? Also, I can tell that you are self-insert because I am pretty sure Zuko has no romantic feelings towards Azula, especially after all the pain she caused him.

>get hits with a fucking lightning bolt
>Ack!
I can only assume Azula is playing around and toned her lightning bending to taser levels or something.

>He doesn't know

Fuck the shit out of Jin

>>He doesn't know
?
>>get hits with a fucking lightning bolt
>>Ack!
>I can only assume Azula is playing around and toned her lightning bending to taser levels or something.
Azula by the time of The Search can completely modulate the strength of her lighting despite spending at least a year in an asylum that abused her and was implied to have constantly chi-blocked her and keep her in a straightjacket.

Attached: Azula zaps Sokka.jpg (600x878, 264.48K)

>
Based
Schizo OP likes to shit up the threads with this garbage, although the comics are good for le memes not gonna lie

>>get hits with a fucking lightning bolt
>>Ack!
>I can only assume Azula is playing around and toned her lightning bending to taser levels or something.
>Azula by the time of The Search can completely modulate the strength of her lighting despite spending at least a year in an asylum that abused her and was implied to have constantly chi-blocked her and keep her in a straightjacket.
Here is the aftermath of Azula zapping Kei Lo

Attached: Kei Lo damage from Azula's instant lighting.jpg (1029x1600, 339.97K)

more jin please

Attached: seethe+cope.jpg (303x253, 6.92K)