Lol

Lol

Attached: 1651086313929m.jpg (1024x688, 60.47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wsj.com/articles/disneys-clash-with-florida-has-ceos-on-alert-11651440367
gobankingrates.com/money/business/how-much-is-blackrock-worth/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I've been staring at this for five minutes and still don't get what the artist's stance is

Is Elon the key that will open the lock and let disinformation spread?
Is he the one who locked it?
Whats the message here?

They're against the twitter buy-out, the idea is that elon musk is going to be the key that allows the gun of misinformation to be fired

All political cartoonists are total hacks

Lol I though it was the opposite

Now that Elon holds the keys to twitter, he will wield the mighty power of the disinformation gun. Or maybe Elon is going to use twitter to stop disinformation? I'm not familiar with the cartoonist, so I can't say which political take is more likely.

uh...
based, I guess?
Elon is the key which will unlock the Twitter lock which will allow the gun of disinformation to be able to fire
in other words, Elon buying Twitter (which, despite what's being said, at least TRIES to stop the spread of misinformation) will be the trigger to loads of being mis/disinformed

The artist seems to believe Twitter keeps disinformation at bay and that Musk will open the gates for Twitter to become a disinformation cesspool. Obviously ignoring that Twitter is already a disinformation cesspool.

GIWTWM

Attached: images.jpg (240x210, 8.52K)

Last I checked Musk isn't even alt-right or really that political (unless money's involved of course). He's just a rich asshole who tweets everyone stupid shit time to time.

Musk only tweets shit that is dangerous to his own stock prices, or the valuation of shit-coins.

What we SHOULD worry about is that the previous owners of Twitter didn't give a single fuck about Chinese censorship; Twitter is banned in China so why should they.
MUSK on the other hand has enormous financial ties to China through Tesla, if Xi is unhappy with bad stuff said about China on Twitter, he can certainly get his complaints heard now.

Attached: 20yu-blog427.jpg (427x464, 41.69K)

Ideally moderation would curb misinformation. The question is then which misinformation gets censored and which is allowed as ironic shitposting. What is deemed dangerous is subjective, so it gets narrowed to causing direct harm to the "most vulnerable". As a result straight white males are protected less because they have centuries of straight white males doing cool things being people. If someone says "white men are worthless" there's less harm done than someone saying "black women are worthless".

And that's not to say that calling anyone worthless is harmless, both examples are hateful and wrong.

the idea that twitter is somehow a force thats stopping misinfo and elon will undo it is the most out oof touch idea i've seen from a political cartoon n a long time

social media already is, and will continue to be, the greatest source of misinfo in the world.

>unless money's involved of course

This is the crux of it. Twitter only started banning notable alt-right accounts to protect its ad revenue, and now Musk will do the exact same.

wrong, that would be the msm

You are correct. Fox and CNN peddle misinfo every second that they are on air.

>MUSK on the other hand has enormous financial ties to China through Tesla
Unlike Blackrock and Vanguard, who have absolutely 0 ties to China...
Or the Saudi Prince, who again has absolutely 0 ties to China...
Every investor and major corpos on the planet has ties to China and will gladly do their bidding.

This year has seen two mass murder sprees by black supremacists vocally targeting white people, if you really did want to stop vulnerable people from being hurt you’d go after both just as much since there’s now an undeniable danger someone might ram their fucking suv into a parade due to shit they spouted about unhindered on your platform.

Or let people say both and accept that you can’t police ideas, pick a route.

Cable is dying and twitter still has a relatively small amount of active users. The greatest information shitshow at this time continues to be Facebook.

Twitter owned by one person vs owned by multiple people. With former you have much higher risk of any direct business interest dictating policy compare to the latter where you can't unilaterally just make decisions.

>Twitter isn't a powerful platform and doesn't control speech and narratives
>Elon will make Twitter a Nazi website and democracy is over
Which is it?

>I'm the key that will open the lock that will make me fire the gun that will spread disinformation

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 7.43K)

>which, despite what's being said, at least TRIES to stop the spread of misinformation
You actually believe this, my god.

They all have ties to China so this is a moot point.
If anything when it's multiple corpos all with ties to China that only makes shit worse.

>With former you have much higher risk of any direct business interest dictating policy compare to the latter where you can't unilaterally just make decisions.
Twitter is being taken private you shiteating tard

The tantrums over this buyout treating it like the second holocaust are the funniest shit I've ever seen

If Elon is truly a free speech absolutionist then that means that, regardless of your politics, nothing would be done if some harmful murder cult misinfo made it's way.

You will never be a real woman.

I don't think murder is covered under free speech.

>Terrorists radicalizing people and making recruitment posts are okay
>Spicy Memes are illegal

I think the heart of it is not wanting your innocent art twitters clogged by culture war fanatics when you're just trying to retweet some futa centaur.

and so instead of twitter policy being dictated by the business interests of multiple companies its dictated by the business interests of one guy.
and this is better or different somehow? fucking retard.

The "transgender movement" is a literal suicide cult, and currently recruits on Twitter.

>nothing would be done if some harmful murder cult misinfo made it's way.
Like say, ISIS?
Who have active Twitter accounts as we speak and have had these accounts for years?

I thought this was about CBT and cock cages.

>Unlike Blackrock and Vanguard, who have absolutely 0 ties to China...
Blackrock and Vanguard passively own tiny bits of everything, Xi can bitch at them all he wants and they do whatever is in shareholder interests.
Xi cannot do shit to them. Xi CAN however, inflict enormous financial pain on Elon Musk overnight, he is hugely exposed to the price of Tesla Stock, which is hugely exposed to the Chinese market.

Attached: China-Flag.png (475x475, 168.37K)

And only one of them will get deleted and banned, thus the example

Like it already does with the taliban?

>and this is better or different somehow?
Yes.
Because I know what Elon's business interests and beliefs are.
I don't know the business interests and beliefs of hundreds of random unaccountable investment firms.

Twitter is no longer in danger of becoming a byword for insane perverts and corporate/political owned Propoganda and Narrative spin.

There are already multiple Twitter analogues in other nations or being created as we speak.
The Musk buying the platform...thing..gives it a brief fighting chance.
What happens in terms of PR and media talk for the platform will decide it's fate over the coming months

Elon's business interests are exactly the same as every other rich guy and you are deluding yourself if you think he'll act differently.

Religion of peace

>Xi can bitch at them all he wants and they do whatever is in shareholder interests.
And their shareholders include Microsoft, Apple, Google, and Huawei, all of whom are heavily involved with China or even partially owned by the CCP itself.

>Elon's business interests are exactly the same as every other rich guy
This is laughably untrue; he's pulled stunts that have sent his stock downward, meme'd his stock up, and generally breaks rules and gives zero fucks at all about the SEC. Nobody except maybe the CEO of Gamestop (now) runs a company like Elon Musk does.

Elon supports trannies?

that's not a business interest you mentally ill culture warrior.

The pharmaceutical industry says otherwise.
Trannies are permanent customers who exist along ideological lines, the perfect consoomers.

I mean why not? They have money too.

Breaking rules relating to trading doesn't make you cool, it makes you a congressman.

China would be better served by bitching at the CEOs of those individual companies (and they do) than barking at Blackrock. Blackrock just passively invests across the entire market. IF they were hard put to it, they could inflict just as much pain on Xi as he could on them, given the trillions they manage.

No one is stupid enough to carp at trillion dollar Hedge companies.

>not a business interest
LMAO.
wsj.com/articles/disneys-clash-with-florida-has-ceos-on-alert-11651440367

Blackrock isn't worth that much m8, and most of their funding comes from the performance of stocks that they're invested in, so it is within their financial interest to make sure that stocks of companies like Microsoft, Google, Apple, and Huawei continue to perform well.
Blackrock doesn't do well unless those companies do well on the market.

we're not talking about the pharmaceutical industry.
trannies are less than 1% of the american population and big pharma has way bigger fish to fry.

>at least TRIES to stop the spread of misinformation

Does anyone have that .gif of Bender laughing harder? I can't seem to find mine.

>we're not talking about the pharmaceutical industry.
We're talking about business interests, so that includes pharmaceutical companies.

His wife left him for one, so I'm gonna say no.

>We're talking about business interests,
we're talking about the business interests of the guy who just bought twitter

Elon doesn't care if he loses money if has an impulsive decision he wants to accomplish. That's the opposite of congress.

No, that's what you're talking about.
I'm talking about the business interests of the many entities who USED to own Twitter, and how hilariously corrupt they all are.

>Blackrock isn't worth that much m8
gobankingrates.com/money/business/how-much-is-blackrock-worth/
>BlackRock manages more money than any other investment firm, with more than $10 trillion in assets under management as of Dec. 31, 2021.
They make money when the market increases. Chinese interference in tech companies broadly hurts all the markets, Blackrock wishes they would fuck off.

Attached: Youknownothing.jpg (339x244, 36.21K)

>I'm talking about the business interests of the many entities who USED to own Twitter,
so are you saying that the previous owners of twitter were conspiring together to support trannies? Am I talking to the fucking sinfest guy now?

>What happens in terms of PR and media talk for the platform will decide it's fate over the coming months
I assume the newer Apple and Google phones won't have Twitter as a default app anymore.

Better than the government holding the keys.

I mean literal "they are killing your kids let's kill them in roblox" information. Homicidal nations have their twitter accounts, it's what they post and share, not just what they can be seen as.

Libs are angry because they can lost the next election against Trump