Where do I start with this dude?

Where do I start with this dude?

Attached: Houellebecq.jpg (366x549, 63K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gZHjRQjbHrE
firstthings.com/article/2019/05/restoration
youtube.com/watch?v=BuiTRFE2_7w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

deez nuts

Start with Atomised. As an aside, has anyone read his poetry? Is it any good?

youtube.com/watch?v=gZHjRQjbHrE

Whatever (French: Extension du domaine de la lutte, literally "extension of the domain of struggle")
It's his first book and all the point of his work is inside the rest is just repetition

The First Things interview where he basically calls for a Catholic revival firstthings.com/article/2019/05/restoration

But the 'repetition' in Atomised is actually also an extension (no pun intended) and a reinterpretation. Atomised is his best work.

It's what you would expect from him, but reads very well nonetheless.

I have two of his poetry books in English, translated obviously. Unfortunately in translation it's very stale and not very good. In the French I imagine it's much better.

Based

youtube.com/watch?v=BuiTRFE2_7w

DUDE ISLAM BAD BRO LMAO XDDD
Hack

Both of these are right, op
If you enjoy Houellebecq, start with Extension and read all of his works chronologically. If you dont' like him, at least read Atomized which is his best.
If you need to read him first in order to know if you like him or not, don't be such a pseud

It's stale and not very good in French too.

Attached: Houellebecq.png (1444x1254, 623K)

I'm reading 'Unreconciled: Poems 1991-2013; A Bilingual Edition' right now.

It's not the best. I like maybe four or five poems a lot so far and I'm halfway through the book. The English is a flat compared to the original French which somehow rolls off the tongue. I'm glad this book includes both. My French is good, but he uses some obscure words and French slang I'm not familiar with.

Attached: poem.jpg (585x504, 87K)

Just wanted a book to get his general gist if you know what i mean.
Anyway, i started with atomized, thanks user
A qt for your troubles

Attached: iulia.stanila~1554318579~2014092725985749674_7459683175.jpg (1024x1821, 207K)

>translated poetry

Attached: 1554792156904.jpg (650x488, 45K)

Submission reads more like an endorsement of Islam than a criticism

I'm uber-biased about this guy, because the first things I've read from him where an essay in the NRF revue that was really pretentious, and a few of his early poems. And like half of the poems I've read where hilarious imo, pic related. Just to mention that his carrier has downsides, but there's probably something more interesting to find in some of his novels as pretty much everybody who talk about him start with the early novels and call him a god.

Attached: QUOI.jpg (944x784, 212K)

Woah he looks like a normal person in this pic

DYEL?????

could be Vincent Delerm

Submission is more like "Islam is actually great if you're a reactionary incel, bro"