twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No, that would be latin!
Glad I could help!

I dunno

German is autistic, latin or classical greek are based

>implying it’s not obviously Latin

On par with French tbqfwy

Attached: chop.png (408x455, 257K)

German literature is strange but fascinating, whereas languages derived from Latin are more passionate.

Considering we’re all posting on English, I’d say English is

Mea culpa!

Hah

Attached: 192F1C6F-C3F7-4434-BD5D-FB2BC9293F26.jpg (478x718, 29K)

German is not a beautiful language. This make it perfect to formulate ideas that aren‘t meant to be beautiful but honest.
It‘s brutal, which makes it extremely hard to use to convey emotions, that‘s why it‘s almost a miracle if someone manages to express emotional content in german language and not make it sound clumsy.
So imd say it depends on what you want to read. If you want some lame old fiction, german might not be the language of choice. But for complex philosophical constructs, it‘s the perfect fit.

Imbéciles, el español es el idioma más basado y litempastillado

Basado y rojopastilleado, hermano.

Spanish is the ugliest romance language desu

>não falando português, o idioma do futuro

Attached: 1556499446950.gif (498x400, 213K)

yes, but only because it is not english, italian, or french

fpbp

"No".

Attached: Pushkin_140-190_for_collage.jpg (646x877, 690K)

>best language
>a third of the most famous russian work is written in french

>literary tradition was born in the 18s and died in the 19s
kkkkkkk

It was trendy at the time for Russian nobility to speak french. What's your point?

your mum gay

Attached: родина-мать.jpg (800x1145, 170K)

Кaкoй cимпaтичный aфpикaнeц :3

>latin over greek
jej

Attached: alexander_pushkin_rian_00095850_b.jpg (1300x1932, 2.22M)

latin german and french

Neither of these statements are true.

Who is that black man?

>Basado
>Litempastillado
Que asco, solo leer eso me dan ganas de vomitar.

I was going to learn some german over summer (for studying philosophy), does anyone have a good textbook recommendation?

Also how easy are Ernst Junger and Thomas Mann to read in german? Those are my favourite german writers

もちろん日本語だ

Do you actually speak German?
Fairly difficult. Mann is known for some tremendously large sentences in which it is easy to get lost. Unless you are quite good at languages or do an intensive course it will be a very long time before you could read either at anything more than a snail's pace.

portuguese is worse

French and italian are worse

Objective ranking coming through
french = italian > attic greek > latin > spanish > russian > sanskrit > german > arabic > portuguese > chinese > japanese > every other irrelevant language >>>> english

ちょw

How is french and italian better than latin and greek? For me it's all very subjective, except for philosophy, philosophy is better in greek, translations often go wrong, like the translation of physis to nature for example, if you read presocratics with this translation, than you will get a wrong idea.

Anão baseado e Yea Forumserado.

Attached: 1538517957845.jpg (600x337, 33K)

Anons. If one could write a poem in any language, what language should it be and why? Should it be in his native language? Or something more classic such as latin?

In one's own mother tongue obviously. Poetry is untranslatable.
Speaking of which, what do you guys think of the difference between tonal and non-tonal languages for poetry? Which would be better?

English to be more read.

Latin to write a better poem.

Are you gonna attend a course or is it just self-study?

I discovered that there is a problem with modern languages derived from latin and poetry in it's origin, greek and latin had long and short sounds, while in languages such as french and portuguese, there are only short sounds. THAT POSES A PROBLEM, ancient poetry didn't depended on rimes, but on rhythm that was created with short and long sounds, creating a sort of musicallity.

There has being a very apparent shift in poetry, old poetry was mesured in meters (feet), while now it's mesured in poetical syllabs, and we use tonic syllabs to create rhythm instead of duration.

I think that the separation between music ad poetry ocurred because of this decadence of language (if I may call it that way).

That's why I asked the question about what language that poetry should be written, could it be more authentic in according to classical poetry to just write in latin?

Just throwing more thoughts on here...

It's a triumvirate of German, classic Greek and Latin

>Considering we are all posting in a pidgin version of English, I'd say pidgin is

>Do you actually speak German?
Yes, it‘s my first language.

>old poetry was mesured in meters (feet)
what do you mean by this?

the separation between music and poetry it's due to the lost of the meaning and definition of art.
I don't understand what you mean by the decadence of language, are you implying the formation of new languages after the classics (Latin and Greek) was a bad thing?

Unironically this
Brazil and Portugal are shitholes though

A feet is a sequence of short/long sounds. The shift happened in latin languages when poetry started creating a rhythm with the stressed syllabs instead of short and long sounds (such as sonnets).

It was not a bad thing in general, I like modern languages, but in relation to how poetry was structured in the beginning. I am not saying that modern poetry has no worth.

How do you expect to improve your culture if you can't find any value in your heritage? Doesn't that make you deracinated like a leftie? Today's brazillian politics is a shit, where the right-wing speech is all about degrading Brazil and constantly comparing it with the US. Also all the political theories of today come from outside and are not thought in according to brazillian history. Olavo de Carvalho is an example of the consequence of his own degrading thoughts, hedonistic people just want to run away from Brazil once they get the chance.

>A feet is a sequence of short/long sounds. The shift happened in latin languages when poetry started creating a rhythm with the stressed syllabs instead of short and long sounds (such as sonnets).
can I read this up somewhere?

Sure you can. However, I don't have any link that talks about the shift itself, I actually noticed it because I utopically wanted to reproduce ancient greek structure with my mother tongue, like Horace, he used greek structures with latin, that's one of the reasons he got so famous. But this goal is not possible with my language because of how it involved (it lost the long and short sounds). English has long and short sounds so I can give you an example, just look at the words "bad" and "bed", or "bitch" and "beach", the long and short sounds is what differenciates them when you pronounce. In latin there are signs for long sounds: ā, ē, ī, ū... If you read poetry in a language derived from latin yourself, notice that the structure is always defined with stressed syllabs like Luis de Camões, Augusto Dos Anjos, Baudelaire... Here an interesting link: en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decasyllable

In traditional sonnets in latin derived languages, usually the stressed syllab would always be the 6th and 10th to create the rhythm, sometimes also the 3th.

But greeks and latins used hexameters: en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hexameter

"In classical hexameter, the six feet follow these rules:

A foot can be made up of two long syllables (– –), aspondee; or a long and two short syllables, adactyl(– υ υ).

The first four feet can contain either one of them.

The fifth is almost always a dactyl, and last must be a spondee."

This too: en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dactylic_hexameter

It's grammar is retarded

I did german in high school so I know a little already but I can imagine Mann being probably too difficult from how he reads in English. Maybe I'll start off with like Kafka or something. Thanks for the advice man

Just self-study, but if that proves too difficult (I'm not a particularly motivated person) then I'll probably look at classes

>he doesn't think it's Chinese

Kafka is easier but might still be a bit too demanding for a beginner. If you find it to hard just go read some Grimm's fairy tales before you have a better grasp of the language

Native speaker here. Thomas Mann in a pain in the ass. Probably the worst choice for a beginner. He uses lots of Hypotaxis over multiple pages.
Jünger is way easier, but you need a large vocabulary. Or you widen your vocabulary with Jünger. That will take some time, but will be totally worth it. Auf den Marmorklippen is magnificent.

As a non native German speaker I have found Hesse to be very accessible and valuable.

no

Qual lugar não é?

>actually believing this
This user is right, the portuguese language, at least the brazilian variant, is a gift from the gods, capable of expressing the most sublime sentiments. cf. decades of bossa nova and MPB.
t. German

Attached: 11049536_374606106083745_8752099134796056488_n.jpg (124x151, 3K)

The most Yea Forums language is French. All other answers are wrong.

No it's definitely English.

German has produced some good philosophy but I don't think the literature is anything special. Their literary tradition doesn't outshine that of French or Russian lit.

This post is just onomatopoeia of the air rushing out of your bowels through your anus.

t. burger who doesn't speak German

In my opinion German, French and Spanish are the best.

Can you recommend some literature and music?

French is overrated.