What went wrong with Masters of the Universe: Revelation?

What went wrong with Masters of the Universe: Revelation?

Attached: 1E2E9B8E-5A4E-4631-B925-0DBAF52A7FF0.jpg (960x1440, 315.08K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=wzxVeOVSrD8
foreternia.com/2022/04/new-season-to-masters-of-the-universe-revelation-confirmed-by-mark-hamill-we-discuss-the-news
twitter.com/GriffLightning/status/1520444001794629632/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Attached: 1637906376874.jpg (680x680, 98.85K)

Incels afraid of women.

Despite having a pretty solid ten episodes to work with, every plot point just feels too abrupt. The tone is also kind of...weird. Kevin Smith was hyping it up for months as an "MCU-style" treatment of He-Man but I don't think that formula actually works for MOTU.

It exists.

In the first half, everyone sacrificed themselves except who they were setting up to be the main character in the second half, which made them look cowardly and undeserving.

In the second half, they clearly ran out of ideas, and stretched a very thin plot to last for as many episodes as they could force.

Netflix might literally go bankrupt, and people like you are still going to be whining about how this is the worst thing to happen to western animation since Johnny Test.
Fuck you.

Man thats false advertising. Why are they on the front page when theybare not there for most of the day

Its facinating how this both demonizes the critics, when kevin fucking did false advertising.

Didn't they shit on He-man? That's pretty fucking big.

Wouldn't know because
>subscription service to a propaganda center that outright hates me just not on the level of white males
Feel bad for fans though

I don't care for postapo timeskips of muh 80's toy cartoons. they should be lore heavy and gay reboots.

Attached: 1645270034062.jpg (986x1297, 200.12K)

people overreacted to He-Man dying getting leaked when He-Man didn't actually die
Kevin Smith and Netflix were retards for opening with a half-season instead of the full season
anything good about the show couldn't counteract the damage that had already been done by culture war parasites

They had it coming.

A lot of things. It all comes down to a plot entirely propelled by cheap shock value moments and characters written by someone who writes like he’s never heard people interact before.

Deflection and blaming an audience definitely doesn’t help.

>people correctly guess that the show is about Teela and He-Man disappears, some roll their eyes, some make clickbait videos, most people chalk it up as business as usual
>Kevin Smith panics because his whole identity is fake nerd cred, goes nuh-uh and starts outright lying as damage control
>Netflix puts out a trailer made up almost entirely of clips from the first episode to participate in the damage control
>The people who watch it get mad that they were lied to and get very vocal about it, and the people who made clickbait videos make even more clickbait videos because they have been empowered by Kevin Smith's stupid fucking panic decision
>The people who weren't gonna watch it still don't watch it

Don’t forget the hilariously misleading posters.

Also
m.youtube.com/watch?v=wzxVeOVSrD8

Attached: 991B1B0F-7142-42AB-8B9B-2F7CCBA1AF62.jpg (206x305, 30.46K)

Nothing in the world right now would make me happier than Netflix going bankrupt.

>people correctly guess that the show is about Teela and He-Man disappears
The early synopsis flat out said that, which makes them doubly retarded for trying that bait and switch.

Kevin Smith was involved with it

Netflix was always gonna fuck it up, too.

>Make thing based on brand
>Don't respect brand
>YOU'RE THE WRONG ONES!

The CGI Kids show is much better with a awesome Skeletor who's witty and threatening.

It's like Arkham Knight and everyone knowing who Arkham Knight is but them going "no its not"

Yea Forumsntrarians must be executed.

>Netflix might literally go bankrupt
And?

Attached: 1647973918581.jpg (567x518, 32.44K)

>Netflix might literally go bankrupt,
God we can only hope. Maybe, just maybe, they'd learn that the siren song of 'The Wider Audience' is a death trap.

>

Attached: 1551517728587.jpg (700x289, 42.91K)

That's a great example of something that got away with things that would piss people off because it didn't try and claim to be anything other than what it was

And Skeletor is hilarious without being a joke, threatening without being edgy and most importantly you understand his motivations without trying to make him sympathetic

The idenitiies not being secret except also mark this as a different show and lead to refreshing and funny scenes like Skeletor making his grand entrance is Castle Eternia and Randor rolling his eyes because he's used to his brother by now or He-man and Skeletor calling each other nephew and uncle mockingly when they fight

And let's not forget about it being advertised as sequel to the 80s series only for it not being so I'm any way

What "women"? lmao

Of all the tards going for a "wider audience", I don't think netflix was going for that, honestly.
Dunno if it was after a change of direction, but they seemed to go full committed to the agenda, like IDW.

>when He-Man didn't actually die
he was in Heaven with other Kangs

Attached: made-in-heaven.png (594x736, 399.58K)

Nothing, the show was fine. But the marketing hid the real premise which lead to accusations of a bait and switch. And the bizarre choice to split the season into two parts tarnished its reputation as everyone’s minds were made up before they could see the back half which put pretty much all their concerns to rest. It feels like Netflix was trying to gain some sort of shocking twist buzz but it blew up in their faces because Kevin doubled down on denying when the leaks came out.

Anyway the show was a solid B+ and not worth even half the fuss it made. Honestly in hindsight I’m wondering if all the dust up it created wound up acting as proof to Netflix that animation was more trouble than it was worth.

>Honestly in hindsight I’m wondering if all the dust up it created wound up acting as proof to Netflix that animation was more trouble than it was worth.
Yeah, imagine just playing things straight with what viewers want instead, that would be silly.

So how did the second half go? Was Adam still dead by the end? Was Teela the big hero?

Adam lives, Teela is the hero and Evilyn becomes a muscledom mommy. Skeletor gets raped by a techno virus I think and sequel bait is the Horde.

Attached: 1648084474628.png (625x624, 494.1K)

>Evilyn becomes a muscledom mommy
Holy hnnnnnggggg

yeah, that was fun. didn't do any favors to the show, tho.

Attached: 1629082775479.png (1366x625, 598.24K)

and now Skeletor is preying on Krass fears of abandonment and her powers being tainted to turn her against Adam

If it survives I'd love to see how that goes.

One of the best parts was him showing who was in control over his dark masters "Oh wait, I did think you'd betray me."

This show was actually dope
Evil-Lyn is a fuckin G

Oppenheimer > Diskin > Dobson > Hamill > Lane
Erwin > Lowenthal > Wood > Clarke > Chalk
Scheimer > Newman > Kouth > Kenny
CHANGE MY MIND

Three things.

1.Smith has no business writing anything that isn't self aware comedy. He's a media besotted cynical critic. And the oassion and roots that made his media indispensable to geeks everywhere is gone.

2.Netflix pushing g their agenda. The same agenda uts been pushing since forever. The service is largely luciferian rather then humanist.

3.Smith us a shameless sell out and asskisser.

One thing is for certain. When the NDA runs out and ir clerks three fails because of netflix renewing on their deal
then I expect to hear some shit.
Like holy shit nigga this is going to put the superman stories to shame.

They made Teela a bitch in it that's what went wrong with it.

Yeah and it is getting a second season.

At the rate Netflix is imploding I wouldn't hold your breath

They thought they could profit by treating He-Man fans the same way the big two treat what's left of their comicbook fans. The problem with that is Superhero comics ain't looking to profit anymore. They are just there to advertise and farm IPs. Pissing off the fanbase doesn't bring in new fans. It just briefly catches the attention of the existing base while eroding it in the long term.

Good.

Needs a "Consider the Following" caption

First trailer that got people hyped advertised a different cartoon from the one they made

Mischaracterization.

basically nothing of what makes MotU so appealing was in the show, go watch the 2000 series instead

The show tried to do too much with too little time. There are other more granular issues, but that's by far the biggest one. They needed to pick either the premise of the first part (Teela and co. trying to save the world without Adam) or the second part (Skeletor gets the Power Sword), but trying to do both (will all the attached complications) was just too much for a ten episode show.

>the show was a solid B+
That's generous. But I agree with everything else.

I've never liked Keldor and probably never will, but that show's Skeletor is pretty good.

That was a dumb move since it was never going to be that and I don't think anyone really wanted that anyway. They should've trusted the audience to understand the obvious.

>At the rate Netflix is imploding I wouldn't hold your breath
Fucking idiot here is confirmation you retard.

foreternia.com/2022/04/new-season-to-masters-of-the-universe-revelation-confirmed-by-mark-hamill-we-discuss-the-news

twitter.com/GriffLightning/status/1520444001794629632/

>Netflix goes bankrupt
>Companies decide to buy what IPs
>One hears about how much noise the Masters of the Universe show made
>One actually gets that show up and running again
>Suddenly 2 more seasons are announced

>Netflix might literally go bankrupt
I wouldn't hold my breath for that if i was you.

That case, I recommend shutting up.
Netflix might be spending some of their money bringing back this Masters of the Universe.
They could be here for all we know.

>That case, I recommend shutting up.
>Netflix might be spending some of their money bringing back this Masters of the Universe.
>They could be here for all we know.
I am happy just as long as thet spend their money on Revelation and not crap CGI shows

I recommend the 2002 show for falling asleep.

>I recommend the 2002 show for falling asleep.
Very dull and boring show I actually feel asleep twice when watching it.

They'll just be bought out by disney or elon musk and rebrand as Netflix: Unloaded

Elon Musk might drain his bank account before he can even do any other major purchases like that.
Or be in jail before considering that.