Spongebob making an Steven Universe style remake of Idiot Box

>Spongebob making an Steven Universe style remake of Idiot Box
mobile.twitter.com/spongebob/status/1520831028138594304?s=21&t=pDumGdx8OnL6wHCzVJ6hzQ
Unironically, what did mean by this?

Attached: 4DC30CF0-707D-4000-B2E5-591D5AEE9421.jpg (761x750, 154.02K)

This is what would happen if the show ended after the movie, it would have been rebooted and looked like shit ala PPG 2016.

I feel like this demonstrates something about modern animation.
It's not the animation itself, it's the writing.
Nice case study, OP.

it's literally the other way around
if your show looks like shit like the bottom I wouldn't even bother checking it out but if it looks like top I would. Writing doesn't lure people into cartoons, visuals does

This is fanmade right? It's way too fucking ugly and choppy to be official.

>Everyone's shitting on it on twitter
Feels good man.

Attached: ssss.png (601x486, 160.75K)

what is it about the original that just makes it so much nicer to look at

Watch AwestruckVox defend this crap

>Writing doesn't lure people into cartoons, visuals does
>visual media attracts people who like visuals
WOAH!

The characters don't look bloated to shit. Bloated characters are gross looking cause they look ill.

Any human being would never approve of this.

Why would it be posted on the official twitter then

there's a lot of things
>eyes connected
>characters have actual shape and anatomy (wtf is squidwards head and legs in the SU version)
>better/warmer colors
theres also stuff like adding clouds and the pastel shit, as well as making sponge bobs eyelashes look like that and giving Patrick the calarts bump head look that that really annoys me.

Attached: spongebobmodelsheet2.jpg (784x612, 90.51K)

God I hate they eyebrows

>literal bean mouth
you can't make this up

Attached: 1628010329034.png (258x216, 86.76K)

which executive faggot got tricked into thinking people other than fairies liked how SU looked?

Attached: 1595544764992.jpg (640x475, 288.07K)

>they
meant their, fuck

Attached: 1551996122711.png (337x302, 76.92K)

all this does is highlight how bad the animation is on the bottom. what the hell is the point of this?

Why is it called bean mouth when it looks like a pickle?

>what the hell is the point of this?
somebody out of touch thinking Steven Universe is way more popular than it is.

because they aren't always so long like that. usually they're a bit shorter, and more bean-like.

It’s pretty popular I guess, it went on for a long while

Even SU at its worst looker better than this aesthetically.

not enough to be used on spongebob--something infinitely more popular.

Steven Universe and its consequences were a disaster for cartoon enjoyers.

Retarded logic, Simpsons referenced Adventure Time and that is nowhere near as big.

>Simpsons referenced Adventure Time
zombie simpsons will literally reference anything to get views. same case here; zombie spongebob flailing to stay relevant now that its best years are behind it.

Of all the artstyles they could imitate, why Steven Universe? Kids don't even like it, that show was for mentally ill adults.

This looks nothing like Steven Universe, you idiots. Also the redesigns are fucking awful. You could probably make Spongebob look good in a legit SU style but this isn't it.

It doesn't, but that's where they took inpsiration from, Patrick literally has the amethyst lips!

Soul / AIDS

>This looks nothing like Steven Universe
It's very clear that Steven Universe is the style being replicated, user. Don't damage control for some shit you didn't even have a hand in making.

His eyes brows

Attached: SU.jpg (1280x1024, 223.9K)

What's with those fucking lips? Ignoring everything else about this and focusing on just the lip lines, they look awful.

I don't even mind Steven Universe's art style, but damn this takes just about every flaw that came with it. The redesigns are easily the worst part. I'm in the camp that believes people get a bit obsessed over CalArts art styles, but this actually fits.

This has to be some high effort shitpost right? No one behind this thought, "Yeah people will love this"

This is an obvious piss take, do some people itt actually think that this is serious?

so they're purposefully making fun of steven universe? based?

>the official twitter totally just drummed these frames up just for a joke on a day that isn't April 1st

Attached: 1646083355595.png (400x388, 70.74K)

The outlines of the characters are awful.

Attached: SpongeBob SquarePants - 3x08 - The Idiot Box twitter calarts style ffmpeg winff mkvtoolnix crop.webm (720x354, 2.93M)

Nu-Bob has atrocious production quality?

Somebody--stop the presses!

Based Spongebob exposing the atrocities of Steven Universe to the world.

>bean mouth
>nigger lips
KILL IT WITH FIRE

They just made Squidward more effeminate.

Consistency and readability.
The SU version looks amateurish and with colors looking too washed out while the composition of the shots aren't as visually appealing as the OG animation, using far less complex angles to get the same point across.

I know Yea Forums likes to ape out whenever somebody goes:
>...but, muh Hillenburg!!!
but... muh Hillenburg, bro.

Attached: 1622248827225.jpg (1242x1320, 595.99K)

Attached: SpongeBob SquarePants - 3x08 - The Idiot Box twitter calarts style ffmpeg winff mkvtoolnix crop (2).webm (720x354, 2.98M)

Attached: SpongeBob SquarePants - 3x08 - The Idiot Box twitter calarts style ffmpeg winff mkvtoolnix crop (3).webm (720x354, 2.29M)

Attached: SpongeBob SquarePants - 3x08 - The Idiot Box twitter calarts style ffmpeg winff mkvtoolnix crop (4).webm (720x354, 2.88M)

It's over writebros, we are worthless

Did a test by showing this to my nephew's and little siblings. They liked top better then bottom. So it checks out then.

You guys realized this was supposed to be something met for a fun right? The SpongeBob social media dose this “SPONGEBOB IN DIFFERENT STYLES” shit all the time right?

What makes this so different and thread worthy

Shows us how shit Steven universe was.

Hillenburg and his team had an actual voice/vision and weren't setting out to make some factory made horseshit

Attached: ENibgtoWkAEIKNR.jpg (850x1024, 68.43K)

If this was made by one or two persons in their basement, i think it`s fine.

Probably because they already seen the original episode and use to it

cause it looks like shit stylistically and is animated like shit. nobody is going WOWEE WHAT A HECKIN COOL THING this just looks like shit man.

>what did mean by this?

You wanted to make a outrage thread so bad that you can’t type

i hope the people who animated this see the criticism and feel bad.

>racist pedophiles don't like my work

>As an animation major,
AS A MASSIVE FAGGOT I LOVE SUCKING BIG COCKS AND SLURPING BIG BALLS IN MY MOUTH