DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS CinemaCon Footage Description

It's the first 20 minutes of the movie.

>The film opens in the middle of a massive action set piece. A ponytailed, multiverse Doctor Strange (Benedict Cumberbatch) and America Chavez (Xochitl Gomez) are running and jumping through a mysterious, purple world with debris everywhere—you’ve seen it in trailers. They’re being chased by a stringy demon not unlike the bad guys from EDGE OF TOMORROW. Strange and Chavez try to freeze it, but it’s only a temporary distraction, and Strange warns America that they can’t let the demon steal her powers.

>The duo try to get to a special platform with a magical book. They run and jump over the debris, but the demon catches up and stabs Strange. He casts a spell at the creature, stopping it again, but says it’s too powerful. It begins to break out of his trap, as his wound keeps festering. He then apologizes to America telling her “this is the only way,” as he begins to suck her powers out of her. Strange believes she can’t handle the powers, but he can. She’s scared and angry—Strange is trying to kill her, and she says she thought they were friends. He explains that, in the grand scheme of the Multiverse, her death is a worthy sacrifice. But before he can finish, Strange is stabbed again by the creature, this time through the chest. He’s dead. She’s captured. It’s over. But then America gets very angry, and conjures a huge star-shaped field of power behind her, that seems to slow the monster down. The dying Strange then, with his last breath, frees her from the monster’s grasp...

>Only to wake up in bed back in New York. Now it’s our Dr. Strange. It was all a dream.

Attached: 1.jpg (1456x1181, 170.48K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gizmodo.com/doctor-strange-2-cinemacon-footage-description-america-1848849409
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Strange gets dressed and heads to a wedding. A few people there are uncomfortable by his presence, but Michael Stuhlbarg’s character from the first movie, Dr. Nic West, is there to greet him. The duo talk, and we find out they were both blipped. In that time, Dr. West lost his cats and brother and he asks if it was really the only way to defeat Thanos. Strange explains that it was. "The best surgeon and the best hero, but you didn’t get the girl," West says to change subject. It’s the wedding of Christine Palmer (Rachel McAdams), and Strange looks pained as she begins walking down the aisle.

>After the ceremony Strange is standing at the bar, drinking a martini, and Christine comes by. She says that her husband Charlie is a big fan and would like to meet him but he wants to get serious — he apologizes for how he treated her, and she says it never would have worked out anyway. They just want each other to be happy — and while Christine actually is, Strange lies that he is, too.

>Just then, there’s a noise on the street. Everyone runs outside and it’s obvious something bad is happening. Strange then jumps off the balcony, changing into his super suit mid-flight, and flies down to the commotion. Something invisible is smashing up a bus and Strange reveals that it’s a massive, interdimensional octopus, Gargantos— and it’s going after the same girl from his dream, who he recognizes trying to flee the chaos.

Attached: 2.jpg (1200x800, 57.12K)

>What follows is a massively awesome setpiece where Strange, his cape, and Wong (Benedict Wong) all combine to save America and destroy the beast. Some highlights along the way are that patented Sam Raimi POV shots, even from the perspective of the monster, as well as a gruesome, excellent way the monster is defeated. It’s a very satisfying sequence. After the battle, America tries to get away but the two sorcerers stop her. They sit down at a pizza place and she explains why she was being chased by the monster — that it wants her power to travel across universes. They don’t believe her, until she takes them to the body of the other Doctor Strange. They realize they need to keep this girl safe, but she’s worried. How can she be sure this Strange won’t betray her like the other one, she asks. Strange and Wong realize that these demons and monsters are the product of witchcraft, not magic, and Wong asks him if he knows anyone with that kind of experience... which of course, Strange does.

>Yup, it’s time for Wanda Maximoff. We see her in her home, making food with her kids, tucking them in at night. The WANDAVISION music plays subtly in the background. She seems very happy but then we realize… She too is dreaming, like Strange was. She’s actually alone, in bed, in a quiet bedroom. Strange shows up on Wanda’s farm and most of what follows has been in the trailers. She thinks he’s there to admonish her for what happened in Westview, but he explains he needs to know about the Multiverse, tells her about America, and asks if Wanda will go back with him to Kamar-Taj. He said he could use an Avenger — and this might get her back on the lunchbox. The end.

gizmodo.com/doctor-strange-2-cinemacon-footage-description-america-1848849409

Attached: 3.jpg (1200x628, 116.41K)

>Criminal gets asked to investigate their own crimes
Huh, interesting noir trope.

>"The best surgeon and the best hero, but you didn’t get the girl," West says to change subject. It’s the wedding of Christine Palmer (Rachel McAdams), and Strange looks pained as she begins walking down the aisle.

>After the ceremony Strange is standing at the bar, drinking a martini, and Christine comes by. She says that her husband Charlie is a big fan and would like to meet him but he wants to get serious — he apologizes for how he treated her, and she says it never would have worked out anyway. They just want each other to be happy — and while Christine actually is, Strange lies that he is, too.

Wow, he's just like me.

I'm sorry, but is there anyone actually excited for this movie? The plot looks like a huge convoluted mess, the few action scenes I've seen have looked dull, and the stuff seen in the leak reeks of "HEY REMEMBER THESE CHARACTERS? ISN'T IT COOL THAT THEY'RE HERE NOW?" instead of meaningful plot development.

This looks like trash and it's going to make a billion dollars. That sucks.

Seems like a pretty straightforward city style "protect the mcguffin from the monsters" plot. It's got a lot of bells and whistles but the core is pretty sure (which is a sign of good writing skill)

*Core is pretty simple

Why do you hate fun user?

Attached: 16D30978-CBE4-4086-9830-65594B772385.jpg (960x1275, 1.32M)

Marvelcuccs will eat that up like candy

>I'm sorry, but is there anyone actually excited for this movie?
Yep, I'm into it.

>I'm sorry, but is there anyone actually excited for this movie?

Most people are. Why is that so triggering to you?

>Strange breaks the Multiverse - he's the hero
>Wanda breaks the Multiverse - evil, corrupt, and irredeemable villain who must be stopped

Attached: xmen.jpg (800x450, 216.06K)

Yes

It's not "triggering" or anything, I just look at all the trailers and marketing for this movie and it just feels so stale and lifeless. Like it's paint-by-numbers, nothing truly exciting or memorable, just another entry in a billion dollar franchise. I saw another movie last weekend that was a huge breath of fresh air that I really needed, this movie just look so exhausting comparatively.

That's why Marvel shills have to work double shifts, user.

One does it to help a kid who deserved a break.
One does it to enslave a village so she can live out a selfish fantasy

Nice try though.

Superheros have been shat on as "low art" since the 30s. This wave of "Superheros aren't cinema" is just the latest wave of artistic elitism that said Action Comics #1 would melt your kids brain

Excited is a strong word for me. I'm kinda looking forward to watching it with the lads, but introducing the multiverse this hard could open shit doors for the rest of the MCU (or at least the cosmic scale of it). Like, why should I care about X, Y or Z character being in a "dangerous" situation if I know that the actor has god-knows how many movies in the current contract. Or even if the character dies. it'll just be replaced by a variant eventually. I could be wrong, but it won't surprise me if Endgame was the last movie where proper self-sacrifice meant something

>why should I care about X, Y or Z character being in a "dangerous" situation if I know that the actor has god-knows how many movies in the current contract.
That was never a problem in Phases 1-3.

>Or even if the character dies. it'll just be replaced by a variant eventually.
People on Yea Forums do have this weird perception that people are interchangeable. I expect Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 to change that since it's all about how variants are not just copies of the original and, even if one is brought in, they will have different personalities and storylines than the original.

Here's some spoilers regarding Wanda's role in the movie
>scene before she kills the illuminati is her trying to convince the variant Monica and Peggy to switch sides >majes the argument and Reed/Black Bolt and Xaiver are just another type of white guy who want control
>they take a moment to think about it (seemingly about to agree with wanda)before Reed (really ooc) attacks Wanda forcing them to fight Wanda where they die
>most of Wanda's story arc in the movie is how men trying to control everything always ends up with her in tears
>Strange wants to help Wanda but not at the cost at the structure of the multiverse
>Wanda just sees this as another type of man wanting to control her and decide what's best for her
>They fight Wanda escapes but she no longer has the darkhold
>end of the movie is Strange telling the rest of the Avengers that Wanda has gone AWOL
>post-credit scene is Wanda going back to Westview she flys down to Agatha Harkness house. Neighbors recognize her and run away in fear
>she snaps back Harkness from her trance
>Harkness begs her to let her free that basically Agnes is just a soulless autopilot while Agatha is forced to see her body act out this role unable to stop her self.
>Wanda basically tells Agatha that she wants her children and life back by any means possible
>Agatha tells her that something like that would require a deal with the devil
>Wanda goes good then take me too him
>Fin

I wouldn't discount the enjoyment people legitimately get from these movies, and regardless of whether I think superhero films are "cinema" or not, that's not what I'm trying to express. And I resent the idea that anyone who has valid criticisms of MCU films can be safely labeled and ignored as an "elitist".

Like...Marvel has been mainstream for about a decade or more now. The general populace loves these films and each one serves as a tentpole release for Disney to make shit ton of money. Even the worst MCU films break even. So the idea that it needs to be shielded from snobby elitists or otherwise harsh criticism is laughable to me.

MEPHISTO?

Basically yeah the set up being that Wanda is gonna make a deal with Mephisto to get her children back and or get revenge on Strange

already saw Black Bolt and Jim from the office.

Bolt looks positively stupid with the comic accurate costume.

Attached: 1635882858460.png (183x275, 93.7K)

>Wong dies

Where did we go so wong?

My kids and I are

Fake Agatha isn't in the movie

Lmao they did this pose in the leaked scene

Fake.

ok, but what was the scene that made the movie get banned in Saudi?

the Wanda & America grooming scene.

No, he doesn't.

>Thomas Lindmer (John Mills), a world-weary sorcerer, foresees the return to Earth of his ancient adversary Morgan LeFey (Jessica Walter), who has been granted dominance over men’s souls by The Nameless One (David Hooks). In order to combat her evil magic, Lindmer must pass the Guardianship of the Light onto a young psychiatry-resident, Dr. Stephen Strange (Peter Hooten),who has no inkling of his destiny.

Attached: DR_SRANGE_1978.jpg (1000x1481, 167.16K)

It's literally just Strange asking Chavez where her mom and dad are and Chavez said snarkily "I think you mean Moms"

That's what probably pissed disney of tho, making a big deal of a retarded small comment

Disney fucked themselves having it in at all especially when foreign markets hate gays shoved in almost as much as they hate blacks.

>hate gays shoved in
But this is nothing, you have to be really thin-skinned to make a big deal out of it, if you play the movie out i bet most of the viewers wouldn't even notice it

I feel the exact same way as you do. It’s sad, because I love Raimi and I love old school Dr. Stranger, but this just looks like a mess to me. The first one sucked too, and Strange was an idiot in NWH.

Unironically, the best Doctor Strange movie is Doctor Morded with Jeffrey Combs.

Not really. For some time now the MCU has been tipping into crossover bullshit at the expense of telling a good story. I think Feige's a massive narcissist who is slowly choking his golden goose to death and needs to step down

Doesn't matter. Middle Easterns & Chinese hate it being there at all. I hate it for being a stupid lesbian power fantasy pushing gays onto children/teenagers. Even if I myself am bi.

>Jeffrey Combs

BASED

Attached: Weyoun.jpg (480x360, 11.23K)

You are really thin-skinned.

>Chinese hate it being there at all
No they don't. They hate what they (rightly) see as tokens, but they don't hate gays.
China has the second biggest fujo demographic next to Japan. There are gay bars in major cities across China.

The Middle East may be a different story but don't lump china in with those shithole countries

OK, shill.

The chinese government has literally been banning any media that depicts "feminine" men.

He was literally just playing Strange, but with a different name, and I think he was way better than Cucumbersnatch. He manages to have that same sense of duty and stakes, but way less dry and more charismatic.
A Strange movie starring Combs, directed by Raimi, without any Disney/MCU execs would’ve been perfect.

>NWH which made 1.9 billion is choking the golden goose

>Everything that doesn't conform to my worldview is shilling
Have you watched any Chinese media in the past 10 years? They aint banning shit lol. Also, associating "feminine" men with gays is pretty homophobic, bucko

>you have to be really thin-skinned to make a big deal out of it
Wow...white liberal disrespects and chastises other cultures for not being woke enough, demands they disregard their heritage and religion in order to accommodate the Rainbow Hierarchy.
Can you even see how much of an ass you are?

Attached: 1640669395831.png (999x562, 706.5K)

This isn't the "gotcha!" You think it is

They've only started doing this recently. How much is Pooh paying you to shill for china? Seems counteractive when the government is so proud to eliminate this media.

Combs must be in his late 60s by now. Strange is old but he doesn't look that age.

>Wow...white liberal disrespects and chastises other cultures for not being woke enough, demands they disregard their heritage and religion in order to accommodate the Rainbow Hierarchy.
If no one said anything about that scene i fucking doubt anyone would even remember it, thats how much relevant that 4 second joke is relevant to the movie and you want to say that is pushing the LGBT woke culture in society? yes, you are really thin-skinned

Yeah, it is. Right-leaning conservative cultures know what your kind are and what you do.
You start with asking for a little ie gay marriage and ridicule opponents who see the slippery slope.
Now we've got pedophilia being normalized, trans indoctrination of K-3, gender mutilation for pre-pubescents.
And that's just the gay shit!
The white liberal stance on crime or the environment or education or whatever it the topic you wanna choose...
You disregard and disrespect and destroy anyone who doesn't agree to your narrative and it is WRONG for you to do so.

Asian men have it coming. They deserve the worst.

Again, not just the gay slippery slope but your blatant disregard for other cultures is alarming.
"Just get over it. You're being thin-skinned."
Yeah, dude. We're the one's imposing our belief systems on you.
It's not you sending your movies and propaganda to us.
Not at all.
Nope.

Attached: 1638542031923.jpg (463x484, 23.06K)

I only want to see shuma.

>Yeah, it is. Right-leaning conservative cultures know what your kind are and what you do.
Oh boy, you're one of those. Your "OMG Disney groomer!" threads kept getting pruned so you do that shit in these threads now.

nigga who the fuck is us? im not trying to push nothing on you, you're just as easily offended as a SJW that call out a movie for a 3 second scene that no one gives a fuck.

I'm interested because of Raimi but it does just seem like another Marvel movie with crossover bait

>is pretty homophobic

Attached: 1650880792630.jpg (600x488, 127.03K)