Is he capital L Literature or normie slop?

is he capital L Literature or normie slop?

Attached: uploads%2Fcard%2Fimage%2F371658%2F8da10683-f94c-4d6b-8342-83c1e40b1900.jpg%2F950x534__filters%3Aqual (950x534, 121K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_King_bibliography#Collections
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

he has some good books, he has a lot of shit

All Authors user, wait no most Authors

His books are like the Star Wars of the literature world. Without a good woman editor, they would be complete dogshit.
>i.e. The Prequels

these are literally the only two possibilities, no middle ground

Somewhere in the middle desu. I like how he writes his characters, easily the best part of his writing next to style. Subject matter and plot ranges in quality throughout his catalog but I at least found all the ones I've read enjoyable even when they had little literary merit, surprised how much he kept me entertained through 1000+ page ones like Under the Dome and The Stand. His political views are retarded but I separate art from artist anyway.

Based and bookpilled

Nicely put, user. I definitely shed a manly tear or two near the end of The Talisman (which he admittedly only co-wrote).

I think John David Ebert put it quite well when he said that King was a pretty good storyteller, but not a very good writer.

Thinner is the ONLY good novel by King

the first third of the stand is alright and everything else is horrible

What's a good book to read by him? Read The Shining, didn't like it (bit unfair because I saw the movie first and think it's much better). Read The Gunslinger, didn't like it. I'm willing to give him one more shot.

Honestly just read all the books that collect his short stories starting with Night Shift. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_King_bibliography#Collections

Attached: 81KmxHn3o-L.jpg (1560x2392, 407K)

The prequels are genuinely better films than the originals and I guarantee in 50 years that will be the prevailing view of the series

if you don't see how the prequels are better you're not literate.

It's the year 2040, and you've been contracted to edit a collection of horror stories by King. Would you include that Tweet in the book?

"Stephen King: Collected Tweets"

For me, it's William Gibson: Collected Retweets, Vol. 294. That's where he really starts hitting boomer levels scholars hadn't previously thought possible.

He also is not aloud around tasty little children.

My newest horror story. Once upon a time there was a man named Donald Trump, and he ran for president. His use of the English language far surpasses mine.

I wish he'd just write screenplays. His stuff always ends up better as cinema or television.

Only Episode III, I and II are trash.
III is a masterpiece though.

II is actually my favourite. None of the others have the same effect on me as Attack of the Clones.

>His use of the English language far surpasses mine
I wholeheartedly agree with this.

The podracing sequence is capital L literature.