Shrek aired on nick jr. tonight

>shrek aired on nick jr. tonight
>thousands of toddlers just got exposed to this kino movie for the first time
based

Attached: shrek.jpg (2048x1536, 906.89K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/cOOG3bRujoM
youtu.be/GOYJbhm7n5A
legacy.aintitcool.com/node/6842
youtu.be/seUURVsRCD4
youtube.com/watch?v=QDANoXSw6mA&ab_channel=JabaToons
litter.catbox.moe/s9p2l9.mp4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>no Puss in Boots
>no Far Far Away
>less human characters
>Shrek and Fiona aren't married
>no transvestite ugly stepsister
>no baby ogres or "dronkeys"
1 is the best film by far

>Chastity Belt
they absolutely lost it when making the second film. Whatever restraint 1 had is gone in 2

Attached: shrek2-disneyscreencaps.com-3632~2.jpg (1920x1080, 218.59K)

fuck off Sharktalefag or else you'll be banned again

Shrek seems kinda inappropriate for Nick Jr. if I'm being honest.

Time to call my congress person.

Imo Shrek 1 tanks hard as soon as they reach Fiona. 2 simply has better villain presence, a better finale, no mopey misunderstanding montage, and brings a lot better charisma and comedy which Shrek 1 lacked in its final half. It also doesn't have any gross scenes like the bird exploding or the balloon animals. Additionally, Shrek 2 handled the themes of acceptance better.

Shrek 1 first half > Shrek 2 > Shrek 1 second half

Attached: 1542241384577.jpg (555x405, 141.19K)

sound effects when Monsieur Hood's head hits the rock and when Fiona punches the accordion are funny
youtu.be/cOOG3bRujoM

Ugly stepsister wasn't a tranny, faggot.

her entire joke is that she has masculine features and is voiced by Larry King (Jonathan Ross in UK version)

A wholesome/funny/fun fairytale movie for the entire family with farts in it is too much for children?

And is still a female.

her entire joke was that she's ugly, not that she's masculine

You just needed to add that. You need to get transgender people out of your mind, obsession is unhealthy...

I'm not the one who called her a tranny, retard. I'm not the one that said it.

Robin Hood was English.

They censored some of the language like when shrek said I need to my ass got changed into I need to save my donkey

>first half has each character sing their own song (Fiona sings Like a Virgin, Donkey sings Baby Got Back, etc)
>second half has a few characters separately sing a lyric from Dance to the Music
>Shrek and Fiona sing Happy Together to each other
>ends with everyone singing Dance to the Music together
fun short
youtu.be/GOYJbhm7n5A

Shrek premiered in theaters on may 2001 and that short was an extra in home video release (DVD & VHS) on november

legacy.aintitcool.com/node/6842
youtu.be/seUURVsRCD4
first images and trailer from Shrek, both released in 2000

I never got the shrek is nothing but fart jokes meme, there’s only one, two tops per movie if that?

Soul

Oh everyone freaks out about Panda twerk but Donkey singing I like big butts with the dragon shaking her ass in the background is fine
Fucking hypocrites

>Monsieur Hood: I like an honest fight and a saucy little maid...
>Merry Men: What he's basically saying is he likes to get...
>Monsieur Hood: Paid!
Hahaha perfect for Nick Jr.

Didn't know Shrek 2 predicted the formation of the band Chastity Belt

Attached: chastitybelt-st_1200x1200_crop_center.jpg (1200x1200, 259.57K)

>(Donkey to Puss in 2) "sorry, the position of annoying talking animal has already been taken"
that line would've been funnier if he said "talking animal sidekick"

reminder that Antz included lines about drinking from the anus of another creature, inbreeding, erotic fantasies and drunk-raving sources, plus a Pulp Fiction reference. Shrek having tons of adult jokes and a Matrix reference isn't surprising, since it had the same crew from Antz

2 has too much pop culture refrences. 1 has them too, but 2 turned them up to 11

Because mei is disgusting and the dragon is hot.

This is only a problem if your preposition is "pop culture references are always bad". I don't think I ever felt distaste from Shrek 2's jokes. I think it was appropriate since that Shrek is supposed to be a satire/remake of popular culture manifested in fairy tales. But it's subjective, so I can't tell you what is too much or not.

Shrek predicted the band from Million Dollar Extreme World Peace?
Based and Shrekpilled.

>Channel for toddler cartoons airing a movie with adult jokes up the wazoo
Lmao, what?

Chastity Belt was a dig at Britney Spears

you know, for the parents

I never said it was. There's farts in it and kids think farts are funny, and respectfully they are very funny.

I think they aired it in an attempt to mog CN who was running some Muppets stuff in primetime.

Dragons don't have visible asses with the gigantic tail covering it. It's as innocent as a dog wagging it's tail.

Pandas and bears have massive round butts similar to Gloria the Hippo in how lewd twerking could be on those models.

just like Sir Justin was a dig at Timberlake, who was dating Cameron Diaz at the time

Attached: shrek2-disneyscreencaps.com-3416~2.jpg (1920x1080, 191.04K)

>youtube.com/watch?v=QDANoXSw6mA&ab_channel=JabaToons

>not posting the superior trailer

>Romeo Drive, Farbucks Coffee, Burger Prince, Versarchery, GAP Queen, Pewtery Barn, Abercrombie & Witch, Baskin Robbinhood, Armani Armoury, Barney's Old York, Fe-Fi-Fo Schwartz, Saxxon Fifth Avenue, Old Knavery, Epiphany & Co, Tower of London Records, Banana Kingdom, Pork Illustrated, The New Porker, Friar's Fat Boy, FFAPS, ME! Entertainment channel, "Knights" TV show
>Lethal Arrow 4, Chastity Belt, Sir Justin and Stonehenge posters
>Paramount Studios entrance, Hollywood sign, Angelyne billboard, Oscars red carpet
they lost it with Shrek 2

Why should I care

1 tanks when it gets to the misunderstanding bullshit. Actually terrible writing that keeps it from being great.

What's wrong with these jokes? That's how you do a funny pop culture joke, just something small in the background that actually takes more than a handful of braincells to understand the reference and context.

>"Fairy Godmother in a red dress singing I Need a Hero atop a piano during the climax was so original"
Michelle Pfeiffer sang in a red dress stop a piano in Fabulous Baker Boys, Short Circuit 2 played I Need a Hero during the climax, and the Shrek characters singing contemporary songs was nothing new (Karaoke Dance Party short)

Who came up with this idea? Not saying the kiddies can't handle the movie's content but Shrek is an odd choice for a preschooler block.

Attached: 1641152699031.jpg (299x347, 9.73K)

I never thought about it but you're right, Shrek's second half is pretty by the numbers compared to the rest of the movie while Shrek 2's is the highlight of the movie.

Shrek 1 had Lord Farquad. That makes it better than 2 by default.

it cheapens the film, distracts the viewer and causes one to not take the film as seriously as they intended

2 had Prince Charming and Fairy Godmother, so it's twice as good by default.

>"pop culture references are always bad"
they are when they're obnoxiously overused, at that point they just feel like cheap filler because they writers couldn't think of anything else

Fairy Godmother was a poor villain. She ain't Cruella, Ursula, Yzma or Gothel. Charming wasn't Gaston either

It's a comedy, it's not meant to be taken that seriously. Background jokes only distract viewers with low IQ that can't focus on more than one element at a time within a movie. I respect background jokes more because by their very nature are meant to be more subtle and actually make multiple rewatches worth it.

The only thing good about Farquaad was Lithgow's voice acting, he was a pretty paper thin character otherwise without much internal consistency. Prince Charming and Fairygodmother actually have a plausible motivation and provide commentary by being inversions of the classic characters they are meant to be, they also have more screen time and don't disappear for most of the movie like Farquaad does.

Stuff like that painting is only going to distract most people on a second+ view, you have to go looking for details to notice it

Shrek 2 leans pretty heavily on pop culture references of the time. The first movie had them too, but it didn't use them as heavily to the point that every single scene ends up having a reference to something.

Farquaad was looking for legitimacy as a king by marrying into established royalty, his motivation and actions are consistent. But he definitely should have had some scenes with Fiona once Shrek delivered her. Mostly to contrast his and Shrek's respective characteristics.

That's not a bad thing though, if the pop culture reference joke is funny the fact it's a pop culture reference is completely immaterial to it. The only reason they have a bad name now is because a bunch of lazy writers use them as the joke itself, stuff like Scary Movie folks or modern Family Guy. There are plenty of great movies that are filled to the brim with pop culture jokes like Airplane!, most Mel Brooks films, UHF, or Shrek 2. All that matters is the execution of the jokes.

Based. Seattle Belt is a fucking banger

That's fair

My problem with the whole "marriage to be king" thing was that the whole thing was so poorly defined and nebulous. That's the character's entire motivation and they barely touch on it, mostly relying on the viewer to be familiar with those types of plots which is pretty standard fairytale fair. Like at least with Fairy Godmother they establish she's some ruthless business tycoon that wants to make her son royalty since she does nothing but pamper him and it gives her more legitimacy through him. They never really touch on the royalty implications with Farquaad or how him being king would make him any different than what he already has considering Duloc is the only real city shown in the entire movie and he already controls it.

It was a mistake to cum here...

litter.catbox.moe/s9p2l9.mp4

Attached: 51DHDoX4zGL._AC_SY780_.jpg (500x406, 23.55K)