Where do I go next?

Where do I go next?

Attached: 688F59B1-34C1-475B-B5F0-C785A21E6159.jpg (4032x3024, 2.8M)

Unrelated to your question, but what'd you think about The Sun Also Rises?

moby dick

It's okay to read these books while you're starting to learn to read adult books, but you NEED to understand that Yea Forums is a board of intillectuals, who have already read all of those books. I myself have read each one in that stack multiple times. You are a pleb, and you will remain a pleb for a very long time. As you develop as a reader--IF YOU CAN--I suggest you stop all posting.

(troll shill)

your dumb

OP here.
Lol

Not OP but it's one of my favorites of all time. The protagonist is written very well, I like how the dialogue of other characters serves to paint of picture of who they are, while he is more introspective

you're to intellectual for this board

I thought it was great. I felt like I was a rich alcoholic when I was reading it

*too

I don't know your age, neither do I know your interests. If you want to go into philosophy, you may start with Greek authors, Descartes, Hobbes. There are tons of lists made by Anons that help you avoid stuff that is incomprehensible without background knowledge.

If you're just interested in literature, there are also tons of lists made by fellow Anons.

Interested in psychology, start with a general introduction into psychology and then read the original works of such people as Skinner, Freud, James, Pavlov. Many of them did write books for laymen.

try bnw aldous huxley. it is anti-meaninglessness (much like the sun also rises), but sci-fi and overall an interesting story

lol

not op but i liked this book a lot :) i read it two years ago but the scenes where hemingway described jake diving into the water and laying out on the grass were so beautiful to me...and they stay with me as a reminder that we can always find peace in nature.

everyone has to start somewhere, just like you did. also you spelled intellectual wrong

wherever you want.
do you need help tying your shoelaces?

12th grade

this
But read Hamlet

you're due for dorian gray

to college

Crime and Punishment.

Been there

How is 2001? I've never read it but I love the movie, and I really can hardly imagine telling the story through a novel when the movie played so much on quiet and sparse dialogue.

I really like No Longer Human, and that's a short easy read thats really potent emotionally, so that'd maybe be a good next step.
I'm kinda in your same shoes of just starting out though but like, I keep my reading list kinda busting by just listening to what people recommend me. If it's someone's favorite book and they read past y/a and James Patterson it's probably got some merit so I go by that.