Have you ever read a book? Be honest

Have you ever read a book? Be honest.

Attached: Mason and Dixcon.png (674x141, 39K)

no

Hundreds

Fuck that sounds comfy. I was still reading the stranger at that age

thousands

no, I always read in pairs

millions

define 'book'

unironically 2 which were Stoner and The Broker. I bought No longer Human a few days ago and have The Trial which I'm going to read later.

i want to cum inside thomas pynchon. i'm not even gay.

IS THIS POSTMODERN LITERATURE ?

Attached: 63672.jpg (307x475, 33K)

why would I

in soviet russia book reads you

I can't read

Technically catcher in the rye isn't a book, it's intellectual faeces rubbed on pages. So no, I haven't.

Two thousand.

define "read"

does anime count?

Here a exaustive list of all the book I ever read :
Michel Houellebecq, Extension du domaine de la lutte (1994, trans. as Whatever)
Michel Houellebecq, Les Particules élémentaires (1998, trans. as Atomised)
Michel Houellebecq, Plateforme (2001, trans. as Platform)
Michel Houellebecq, La Possibilité d'une île (2005, trans. as The Possibility of an Island)
I want to read all his bibliography chronologically, I started 5 years ago so I will end it around 2024 I think
Louis-Ferdinand Céline, Journey to the End of the Night (Voyage au bout de la nuit), 1932 (My favorite book)
1984, George Orwell
Endgame, Beckett
Lorenzaccio, Alfred de Musset
Ubu the King (fr: Ubu Roi), Jarry
Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea: A Tour of the Underwater World (French: Vingt mille lieues sous les mers: Tour du monde sous-marin), Jules Verne
La Princesse de Clèves, Marie-Madeleine de La Fayette

Then there is everything I have read when I was a child (Harry potter, Got, LOTR, Tales of the Otori, The Wardstone Chronicles, etc. But I little to no memories about it)

No, never

Nobody has actually ever read a book, user. Anyone who says otherwise is a filthy liar.

Reading only gets you into trouble, see the OP pic

Maybe 15 books in recent memory. Read a bunch of fantasy and horror when I was very young, cant really remember any of it

No, I'm here just for the memes.

Attached: 1502319989067.png (273x283, 153K)

I did. There was a dog in it. The dog was riding a train for some reason.

P Y N C H E D

I thought it was about an illicit dairy farm until about halfway through

no im not a nerd lol

i personally haven't.

are you french?

Millions

I’m unironically reading Stoner right now and the only reason I looked into it was because I thought it was about a guy who smokes weed

luxembourgian

What's life in a meme country like?

tfw no gf is universal

You'll find one soon enough. How old are you?

Attached: A06AABAD-65B6-4B6A-85AC-BA4453B9AB9F.jpg (630x630, 79K)

She’s so cute :3

Made the same response but more severe one day later. Cute cute cute.

38 books since I started my goodreads account

I've read the book

Buttfly ruined this thread

based

Pathetic

im glad no one gonna see this but i have been posting here two years, and talking to people as if I am a philospher IRL for a few months now, I even say things like "Plato states" or "In good and evil the point is made that..." etc. Not only have I not been reading lit, but anything in YEARS. The last thing I read was the outsiders in highschool. I am scared the facade is getting to carried away and soon I will be found out for the fraud I am

Only ironically

no longer human is one of my favorites. enjoy user

no

No, I always read an online summary, the cover and title, and then the first sentence of each page.

They say that Yea Forums is the most intelligent board, so I only come here to stop people from saying that

I've never read one for pleasure in one sitting. Assignments and that sort of thing. Probably why I hate reading. Had to read when I would rather have done something else. Also why I hate certain authors and genres. Public schools too, hate em.

OMG Thank you for asking this question!

I've read chapters of books for class. It's kinda useless? I'm just as smart as the people around me, I've got good logic & analytic skills, I'm creative, etc. I'm knowledgeable about history, specifically Middle Eastern and European, I can play two instruments, I can speak 5 languages, bla bla.

I don't think there's any reason to read a book, other than to have fun.
All that boomer logic of `you gotta read books, every smart/successful person reads 100 books a month!` is really retarded. Like obviously, the medium could benefit a lot from having sound and moving images. You learn better that way, there's just so much more information, and so much more types of information, curated to fit a single subject.

Who dafuk reads a book nowadays lol. Kafka by the Shore lol yea sure let's engage this jap who's jacking off to western culture for hundreds of pages, and then jack off about it to other people. Cringe

One hundred million.

I remember this thread. One of the best threads on this shitty board in years

I really need to watch the bresson film its basically the last important work of his I haven't seen

Best and worst at the same time

Sneed and feed at the same time

I used to read quite a lot, but in the last couple years, I’ve lost the ability to concentrate. It takes me a month to finish a hundred page novella nowadays.

I just watch youtube videos and save memes in my meme folder.

No. I have debilitating ADHD, so I cannot read.
please someone help me

A lot of ADHD is simply a failure of willpower. Maybe there's a legitimate psychological component wrt susceptibility, but you can "grow out of it" if you put in the work. Learn about meditation, turn off your computer, install internet blocking apps on your desktop and phone. I got over my ADHD when I lived for six months in an apartment without television or internet. The pills are fun but won't fix you, and you'll become very dependent very quickly

The modern culture is built around overwhelming people with sensory experiences and novelties and distractions. The ideal consumer is impulsive and disoriented. For sensitive people who like art this can be really affecting and dangerous. Best pieces of advice I can give you is to learn about meditation and find someway to limit internet time. I swear, once you can sit for an hour doing absolutely nothing, you'll feel like you have some sort of super power. Waiting in line, the doctor's office, traffic, you can conquer it without blinking an eye. Monotony becomes so much more. Attention is everything in this world, attention is power

are you a richfag?

I was in that thread. If the real murderer hadn't confessed that guy would be in jail right now.

Serves him right for reading Pynchon.

Attached: tfw.gf.png (1265x196, 19K)

Disgusting. Why are you even on Yea Forums faggot butterfly

It's not monotony that bothers me. I can sit still, and I can wait in line. My problem is maintaining attention. I know it is not the result of external distraction, as I can sit in a dark room devoid of stimulus and still feel it. I really don't think you had ADHD at all if you could "get over it." And I am also sure that it results from a physical brain defect; perhaps a lesser density in the prefrontal cortex.

Maybe try audiobooks combined with a second activity like running or cleaning. But you would probably have to get used to it. Obviously if your ADHD is not managed generally then I don't see how you could manage it just for this one specific task.

No, I've only read posts, but I've read a whole fuckin' lot of 'em.

17 books for this year

no

Attached: 0840.jpg (1209x4027, 936K)

>have you ever used the slowest, oldest, most devoid form of media?
unfortunately, but i grew out of it

Cut off your internet connection at home, throw away your smartphone. You will be as good as new in a week.

why are there so many ADHD deniers on this board? I thought it was more known that it is a real brain condition.

Sometimes