Nietzsche's idea of the Last Man scares the fuck out of me

Nietzsche's idea of the Last Man scares the fuck out of me.

Any other philosophers that expand on this?

Attached: 4a6.jpg (960x720, 116K)

M2K is the übermensch

we live in a world full of untermenschen.

>OP makes a thread to BTFO man children
>ends insulting M2K

lol nice try idiot but you fucked up so hard

All of frog twitter. Bronze Age Mindset, if you want an entire book dealing with the idea of the last man, or "bugmen".
I stand by BAM as a pretty good post-modern tome. It's funny, does not take itself seriously but nonetheless has a lot of wisdom in it.

i really hope you're not implying anything untoward about Mew2king

>be m2k
>diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome
>instead of complaining and contemplating life reading books you take life into your own hands
>forcibly mold a party game into a fighting game despite the creators actively working against you
>end up making a career out beating the fuck out of people using characters from your child hood that help you develop as a person

he is literally the most based smasher

The whole point is we are already the last men
I thought that was pretty obvious
But yes Evola and Guenon are the logical next step down that path of thinking

Attached: julius-evola.jpg (1024x656, 216K)

I wonder where will people in this pic be in 10 years. They're already in their late 20s at least and they banked it all on daily pop culture mores.

Who is more apathetic to life, these dudes out with their friends having fun or something complaining about things online?

Ignorance is bliss

Mew2king is based and redpilled, the opposite of onions

I don't know what to think. He is setting his own rules on what he wants to do with his life but it's doing something dumb like being good at a video game

Fighting games are a good source of competition if you don't want to participate in combat sports. They have comradery between the community and the principle of fighting games is about overcoming as an individual.

I do see your point. I'm an user who cannot decide whether or not to let video games go.

Smash Bros completely fucking ruined Scifi Soc at my college

Fuck Smash Bros

FUCK Smash Bros

>evola
lolol

That's the problem though, its the replacement and representation of actual sports/ competition. Their relationship with others mediated by a spectacle

Attached: guy-at-table.jpg (728x888, 398K)

I dont know why you're laughing

And sports are the replacement and representation of war and hand to hand combat user.

They come in place of those because there are more accessible. In some sense, esports are the evolution of sports.

Not being sarcastic but I'd love if you could prove me wrong on this theory. You might get more out of playing a real sport but you might also get less (injury, wasting your life on a pursuit that gets you nowhere)

I've been here for years, I never post on reddit and yet I keep using reddit spacing. What the fuck

reddit spacing is a meme

everybody used to post like this in 2007

He took Nietzsche too literally and thought he could avoid being the Last Man by taking walks through air raids and look where that got him.

I wouldn't say sports replaced war since the Greeks did both and sports are still the thing in itself without being just a representation of it.

Congrats you read a wiki page.
"Later we shall examine the specific themes of existentialism. For now, we shall see what can be retained of Nietzsche's views, not as a nihilist but as one who thought that he had left nihilism behind him, and thus created the premises for a higher existence and a new state of health.

Once the idols have fallen, good and evil have been surpassed, along with all the surrogates of the old God, and the mist has lifted from one's eyes, nothing is left to Nietzsche but "this world," life, the body; he remains "faithful to the earth." Thereupon, as we know, the theme of the superman appears. "God is dead, now we want the superman to come." The superman will be the meaning of the earth, the justification of existence. Man is "a bridge, not a goal," "a rope stretched between the brute and the superman, a rope stretched above an abyss." This is not the place for a deep analysis of the manifold and divergent themes that crystallize in Nietzsche's work around this central motif. The essential can be spelled out as follows.

(cont.)

"The negative, destructive phase of Nietzsche's thought ends with the affirmation of immanence: all transcendent values, systems of ends and of higher truths, are interpreted as functions of life. In its turn, the essence of life - and more generally of nature - is the will to power. The superman is also defined as a function of the will to power and domination. One can see from this that Nietzsche's nihilism stops halfway. It sets up a new table of values, including a good and an evil. It presents a new ideal with dogmatic affirmation, whereas in reality this ideal is only one of many that could take shape in "life," and which is not in fact justified in and of itself, without a particular choice and without faith in it. The fact that the fixed point of reference set up beyond nihilism lacks a true foundation so long as one insists on pure immanence is already apparent in the part of Nietzsche's thought that deals with historical criticism and sociology. The entire world of "higher" values is interpreted there as reflecting a "decadence." But at the same time these values are seen as the weapons of a hidden will to power on the part of a certain human group, which has used them to hamper another group whose life and ideals resemble those of the superman. The instinct of decadence itself is then presented as a special variety of the will to power. Now, it is obvious that in function of a mere will to power, all distinctions vanish: there are no more super-men or sheep-men, neither affirmers nor negators of life. There is only a variety of techniques, of means (far from being reducible to sheer physical force), tending to make one human class or another prevail; means that are indiscriminately called good in proportion to their success. If in life and the history of civilization there exist phases of rise and decline, phases of creation and destruction and decadence, what authorizes us to ascribe value to one rather than to the others? Why should decadence be an evil? It is all life, and all justifiable in terms of life, if this is truly taken in its irrational, naked reality, outside any theology or teleology, as Nietzsche would have wished. Even "anti-nature" and "violence against life" enter into it. Once again, all firm , ground gives way.

(Cont.)

What is the reason for sports then? Isn't it just to simulate struggle to overcome and get a feeling of accomplishment for winning?

Isn't that exactly the same with a competitive video game?
Thanks friend

Nietzsche moreover wanted to restore its "innocence" to becoming by freeing it from all finality and intentionality, so as to free man and let him walk on his own feet - the same Nietzsche who had justly criticized and rejected evolutionism and Darwinism because he could see that the higher figures and types of life are only sporadic and fortuitous cases. They are positions that man gains only in order to lose them, and they create no continuity because they consist of beings who are more than usually exposed to danger and destruction. The philosopher himself ends with a finalistic concession when, in order to give meaning to present-day humanity, he proposes the hypothetical future man in the guise of the superman: a goal worth dedicating oneself to, and even sacrificing oneself and dying for. Mutatis mutandis, things here are not very different from the Marxist-communist eschatology, in which the mirage of a future human condition after the worldwide revolution serves to give meaning to everything inflicted on the man of today in the areas controlled by this ideology. This is a flagrant contradiction of the demands of a life that is its own meaning. The second point is that the pure affirmation of life does not necessarily coincide with the will to power in the strict, qualitative sense, nor with the affirmation of the superman.

(Cont.)

Thus Nietzsche's solution is only a pseudo-solution. A true nihilism does not spare even the doctrine of the superman. What is left, if one wants to be radical and follow a line of strict coherence, and what we can accept in our investigations, is the idea that Nietzsche expressed through the symbol of the eternal return. It is the affirmation, now truly unconditional, of all that is and of all that one is, of one's own nature and one's own situation. It is the attitude of one whose self-affirmation and self-identity come from the very roots of his being; who is not scared but exalted by the prospect that for an indefinite repetition of identical cosmic cycles he has been what he is, and will be again, innumerable times. Naturally we are dealing with nothing more than a myth, which has the simple, pragmatic value of a test of strength. But there is another view that in fact leads beyond the world of becoming and toward an eternalization of the being. Nietzsche differs little from Neoplatonism when he says: "For everything to return is the closest approximation of a world of becoming to a world of being." And also: "To impose the character of being upon becoming is the supreme test of power." At its base, this leads to an opening beyond immanence unilaterally conceived, and toward the feeling that "all things have been baptized in the font of eternity and beyond good and evil." The same thing was taught in the world of Tradition; and it is incontestable that a confused thirst for eternity runs through Nietzsche's works, even opening to certain momentary ecstasies. One recalls Zarathustra invoking "the joy that wills the eternity of everything, a deep eternity" like the heavens above, "pure, profound abyss of light."

T. S. Eliot’s poem “The Hollow Men”

> What is the reason for sports then?
Training for war, keeping fit?

Most sports don't train you for war I don't think. You can also keep fit by lifting.

I think competition is a much bigger reason for sports than keeping fit. Sports don't even get you that fit without lifting besides some sports with built in resistance training like rowing.

The reason I think your reasoning is wrong is because outside of maybe football, no sports do what you're talking about,

isn't he meta-modern?

Tourist.

Blanchot

onions

m2k will still be smashing puss daily while partaking in the 2-4 melee tournys each year and streaming at a top 0.1% skill level in the latest smash game

Hi, BAP.