TFW waking up at 7am every Saturday to watch Saturday morning cartoons

>TFW waking up at 7am every Saturday to watch Saturday morning cartoons
What you watching user?

Attached: 1wach1z2vg061[1].jpg (3087x3859, 773.95K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BfPkOE3GqC0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Bobby's Wet testicles

Attached: 1644215074313.jpg (970x732, 47.8K)

Before 98, Fox, after 98 WB.

Or bounce back and forth with a focus on WB

Old man here. It still plays in my head every Saturday:

Gathered together from the cosmic reaches of the universe...here in this great Hall of Justice...are the most powerful forces of good ever assembled!

How different would history be if Fox Kids didn’t say no to Pokémon?

Any channel I could because CBS, NBC, and ABC were all still showing cartoons.
Not UPN though, they waited until Sunday to show theirs.

Attached: dc4_c9bc2a9cbd[1].jpg (692x971, 198.66K)

This was the shit, right here. Brand New Muppet Babies episodes. Of course, my first obsession was The Real Ghostbusters, at least up until TMNT began in '87.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 131.64K)

Muppet Babies got so big for a while CBS would just marathon the episodes of it. Are you hungry for NINETY MINUTES of Muppet Babies?

Attached: 0395703e6750277a0de6db6ba15d13dc[1].jpg (426x640, 109.24K)

Bounce around and see what's up. Fox was pretty solid for most of the 90's. When Fox began to dip toward the end of the 90's, Kids WB picked up steam. I'd also probably check out Saved by the Bell on TNBC. Garfield and Friends was one I'd always try to catch, as well as Life with Louie. Also had a soft spot for Bump in the Night, kind of a weird show but fun. Then you had stuff like X-Men and Spider-Man and of course I was watching that.

fucking Yu-Gi-Oh.

Also this ruled because my parents were cheap-asses who wouldn't get cable or dish

also Jackie Chan Adventures kek.

Cantonese chanting in cartoons BEFORE Turning Red!

In 1987, when I was six? Yes. I would be hungry for ninety minutes of Muppet Babies and probably two bowls of breakfast cereal.

Basic TV used to be good enough for kids if your parents weren't able to get cable/satellite. Its a damn shame TV networks ditched showing entertaining kids shows to corner the lucrative "unemployed adult watching at 3 PM in an afternoon" market I guess. Even on the weekends there's a two hour mandatory programming block at like 10-12 then your typical syndicated stuff. even those options seem so much lamer than in the past
Obviously with streaming and youtube its not as necessary, but networks started pulling their weekday lineups in like 2002.

I remember watching WB way more. I don’t even remember watching FOX Kids

Lets be real here, the 7-9 slot didn't really count, that's where networks put there solid but not big shows.
10-12 is where you got the heavy weights. 12-1 were the up and comers, with the last hour being crap the network got cheap.

I forget CBS even has a Saurday morning slot though. As a kid born in 91 I knew of the Ninja Turtles cartoon but had no idea where it was. Apparently it was there.

Hmmm... Let's do spring of 95.
>8:00 Animaniacs on Fox
>8:30 Power Rangers on Fox
>9:00 Either Eek! on Fox or Aladdin on CBS
>9:30 Shit this one is dicey. Batman on Fox, Reboot on ABC and TMNT on CBS
>10:00 Bump in the Night on ABC or Spider-Man on Fox
>10:30 The Tick on Fox, easy
>11:00 X-Men on Fox
>11:30 Carmen Sandiego on Fox or Bugs Bunny & Tweety on ABC
>12:00 Beakman's World on CBS
>12:30 ABC Weekend Special or CBS Storybreak

Attached: y8p0k7q434gz.png (438x600, 527.06K)

It's easy to forget from an adult perspective what aired when, when you only tune in for the stuff you like. Makes it easier to just blur together as an uninterrupted fun block. Like I know I watched Camp Candy, Captain N, Super Mario 3, and Gravedale High, but I don't remember Kid and Play even existing, likely because something else I liked more was in that time slot on another channel.

Attached: Dmms8LcUUAIMOcu.jpg_large.jpg (1350x2048, 899K)

How’d they get away with it?

To be fair, NBC was doing and hour and a half of Smurfs by then. And ABC had Slimer & The Real Ghostbusters.

Kid n Play. Hammerman.
Back when Rappers had cartoons.

Prior to DVD releases and higher resolutions, this would have been shown on a CRT TV for like half a second and you wouldn't be able see shit, Cap'n.

Don't forget The New Kids on the Block got a show too.

Attached: ABC 1990 BW.jpg (479x500, 105.56K)

>tfw fox kids didn't actually air on the fox station in your market
i understand the weird bullshit about it now but it was goddamn frustrating as a kid

Either Static Shock, Digimon, Medabots or Beyblade

Honestly, most cable channels kind of sucked as a kid until the late 90's. Like Nickelodeon had some great shows, but it also played a lot of trash like The Patty Duke Show and Lassie and Flipper and F-Troop during the day. Just shit most kids weren't even interested in.

That's a vulva

Kamen Rider Dragon Knight
youtube.com/watch?v=BfPkOE3GqC0
>tfw you're the last generation to grow up on Saturday morning cartoons

Obviously you switch between both channels whenever one has a commercial break.

Nah, they're still doing Saturday morning cartoons. MeTV runs a block of them.

Yeah, but the timing is always off. You end up watching the second channel that you might not even like as much but by the time it goes to commercial and you flip back to the first channel it's already been back for a few minutes, you missed some important plot points, now your're lost and it's just not fun anymore.

Shut the fuck up and respect Nick@Nite user.

Hammernan was a warning sign that DiC would take a nosedive in quality

Nick@Nite was shit.

New ones user. Not reruns

>waking up early on a weekend
I never did this as a kid.

Was a big fan of One Saturday Morning, up until I discovered Digimon.

>Wake up early
>Rest of family is asleep, except maybe dad who's out getting coffee or running early errands
>Bowl of cereal
>No distractions
>A few hours of cartoons
Simple days.

Attached: MV5BMzEyMTQ4NmUtOTE3YS00ZWJiLTkzOTAtYmQxM2I5NDgxNDIzL2ltYWdlL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjM4ODE4MzE@._V1_.jpg (350x285, 90.71K)

Disney OSM always seemed so saccharine and safe to me, not enough action cartoons. Always felt like it was solidly number three and I forget it lasted into the 2000s

>tfw you're the last generation to grow up on Saturday morning cartoons
Why does it feel so depressing bros?

You're catholic aren't you?

Yeah, it was very Disney. But the bumps and interstitials were comfy. A little more than the other channels were doing at the time. And Recess still holds up.

Attached: KR Peanut Butter.webm (640x360, 2.84M)

Does anyone else remember some kids block in the late 90s that had a bumper with like 3D shapes and stuff. It was pretty abstract and very early experimental in a "look there's nothing going on here, but it's 3D" kind of way.

Sorry I can't be more specific, but it's a vague memory and I think I only saw it once but I've been looking for it for years. I don't even know what channel it was, probably some local station.

>every episode began with Katie in a towel

Attached: 1615158347878.gif (385x243, 2.44M)

Disregard both cuz THE FOX BOX ROCKS!

>zoomer too young to experience Prime Saturday Morning

Too bad kid TMNT and Ultimate muscles were great and Sonic X was a guilty pleasure. Kirby was fun

Fox had higher highs but lower lows, WB was consistently the better one though I was genuinely sad as an adult when I found out they don't play kids shows anymorewell most kids have cable/internet anyway

>when Digimon/Yu-gi-oh repeats were playing at like six am during the weekday on whatever the fuck UPN was called at the time
I was late for elementary school a few times because of this

>CBS and NBC's pathetic attempts to compete
Was ABC the only network competitor that actually managed to find a niche

Kirby was my favorite. Yugioh back in the early Box days was fun too.

I had no idea Roseanne had a cartoon. I guess this is where the inspiration for Lil Bruce came from for Saturday Morning All Star Hits

Disney's One Too. It's where Digimon Frontier aired.

CBS had some decent stuff up until like 1997 when it became educational. Most of those shows are lost media now.

sonic x

Pokemon, Digimon, then Kirby.

Nick@Nite was trash and a signal to stop watching that channel. I was turned off Adult Swim for so long because I assumed it was like Nick@Nite.

I woke up that early every weekday morning so I could catch half an episode of Monster Rancher before my bus came.

That and Bobby’s World from Howie Mandel. Plus Life Witt Louie with Louie Anderson.

Fucking zoomer

GONG YI TANPAI

Anyone remember the bumpers with the cartoon guy from the Sprite commercials?

adultswim >(x1000) Shit@Nite. Seethe and cope.

NBC was always kind of coasting by on "good enough" but once they saw Saved By the Bell get big ratings they shifted their focus to Teens instead of Toons. 1991 was their final year doing a traditional Saturday morning, and just look at this line up. It's fucking dire.

Attached: post-303-0-28146600-1451507831.jpg (668x1024, 243.65K)