/shelf/ thread

Bendy shelves edition

Don't know where to buy? Try these:
amazon.com/
bookdepository.com (worldwide shipping)
booksetc.co.uk/ (EU)
cheap-comics.com (EU)
instocktrades.com/ US (worldwide shipping)
dcbservice.com/
mycomicshop.com US(worldwide shipping)
speedyhen.com (UK)
tfaw.com (worldwide shipping)

[best deal websites for comics]
bookoutlet.com/browse/products/comics
cheapestbookprice.com/

[your local comic shop here]

List of things out next week:
comiclist.com/index.php
Upcoming Omnibus/Hardcovers:
goodreads.com/topic/group_folder/305597

[want to read comics but not buy?]
readcomiconline.li/
getcomics.info/

Here's a potentially controversial Q - How do you go about deciding to part with a book? Do you keep every purchase you've made or do you sell books at certain times? I'm selling a couple omnis on ebay (well trying to) and wondering if there are any better alternatives (tried my LCS) or tips for parting with my books

Attached: rip.jpg (3024x4032, 2.35M)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/OmnibusCollectors/comments/ueya81/for_those_wondering_about_the_instocktrade_damage/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I have enough books to make a bendy shelf, unfortunately, I haven't read them all. I'm sure that I have some form of ADHD or a reading disability cause I can't focus on books no matter how hard I try. I still enjoy collecting them though.

Captcha: VVVD2

The only people that sell their books are the ones that don't have a reliable source of income. If you're poor then just read them online.

>comics are a rich man hobby
I am laffin

I would only sell my books if I had to move somewhere unexpectedly.

>How do you go about deciding to part with a book?
Do I have a better edition in my possession, or soon to be?
Does my old edition have some material the new one lacks, like an interview or artwork?

Already posted my new purchases in the thread we had earlier this week but I need to shill this Dave Sim interview book to everyone.
Buy the book, people. It's the most interesting thing I've read so far this year.

Attached: DSCN1096.jpg (3552x3416, 2.34M)

I'm never part with my books. It's why I I have to some stuff 5x over

Tried to sell rare-ish comics at my lcs once but they'd just look up the price online and offer you 15% (at best).
In the past I had no problems selling on eBay but these days it's just not worth the time and effort most of the time. Some books I give away to friends, some to charity.

My most recent acquisitions are the Hickman FF omnis. I’m just finishing up the second one.
I think, however, that aside from my perpetual Kirby and Conan buys, my next project will be to get all of Blake and Mortimer.

Has anyone bought anything from Instocktrade's damaged section? I want to know what they consider damaged.

>page 10
mangachads stay winning

Picked up Yea Forums's favourite X-Men run + some treasury I haven't posted before. Also for selling books I kind of gave up on ebay after dealing with some returns, used to pick up and sell books for some decent cash so returns or partial refunds were fine because I was selling so much but now that I only sell a handful every now and again it's not worth the hassle. I just go on Facebook Marketplace and other local websites these days.
>reddit.com/r/OmnibusCollectors/comments/ueya81/for_those_wondering_about_the_instocktrade_damage/
Seen this today. This is probably the best you can hope for as damaged could mean literally anything. My shop has a grading system for damage thankfully
Nobody on /shelf/ cares about East vs West, comics are comics and people posting here read both

Attached: shelfffff.jpg (3274x2270, 3.07M)

>The only people that sell their books are the ones that don't have a reliable source of income
i actually buy books to read them and not just as decorations. if i buy i book i thought i would enjoy but end up not liking it, i'm not going to keep it.

Imagine buying books and taking them out of their plastic wrap lol
I do the same, based user

I was pretty confused the first time I met someone who didn’t read the comics they bought. The dude seemed to think even the idea of reading them was crazy.

I think with Omnibuses especially theres a huge group of people who just buy for the sake of having the books. Combine that with FOMO caused by how easily some books go OOP and you end that with that

bedroom shelf

Attached: 1649565789577.jpg (2048x1046, 719.13K)

Those shelves are in pain

It's the same thing with regular books a lot of the time tbf

>shitty shelf that can't support the weight of your shitty collection of shit
Typical capetard

office shelf
>Here's a potentially controversial Q - How do you go about deciding to part with a book? Do you keep every purchase you've made or do you sell books at certain times? I'm selling a couple omnis on ebay (well trying to) and wondering if there are any better alternatives (tried my LCS) or tips for parting with my books

I sell on eBay. It's kind of a bummer deal. As eBay takes 14.5% off the top but their market is so powerful

Attached: 1649565852764.jpg (1600x794, 504.61K)

holy seethe batman
what's that simpsons episode guide? It goes through each episode and point out easter eggs or something?

Are vidya artbooks /shelf/ approved?
Piece of shit whale is OOP and nowhere to be found

Attached: fuckyou.png (717x210, 85.5K)

>what's that simpsons episode guide? It goes through each episode and point out easter eggs or something?
That's exactly what it is. Every episode for the 1st 20 seasons. The book also comments on any guest star that may have appeared.

Art books are approved. Good luck with the Dishonored book tho

got bonus at work, ordered
Absolute Fourth World 1&2
Prison Pit The Complete Collection
Drawing Beautiful Women: The Frank Cho Method
Fantastic Paintings of Frazetta
Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind Box Set
A pretty big bookstand which should be big enough for Omnis and Absolutes
Richard Stark's Parker: The Martini Edition - Last Call should arrive 1 day later (pre-ordered it a while ago)
Death and Return of Superman Omnibus end of May

I also ordered Julia Child's Mastering the Art of French Cooking 1&2 in my own language (only took them 40 years to translate it) since I rather use the metric system and my mum would probably like to use it as well for a bit.

I also need to completely re-order all my comics.

I just hoard my books and put them in one of my "not using it any more" boxes in my basement.
And thanks for actually using the template. First time in months.

How do you not have permanent anxiety with shelves that bendy?
Might as well keep your books right next to the seafront so the pages can get all wavey and move them into the sun so the colour fades

Yikes. Those are some definite bendy boys

I have a problem

(I do own other stuff, but this is by far my largest section)

Attached: IMG_20220430_101206833[1].jpg (4551x1705, 1.06M)

Another question for /shelf. What are your guys and maybe one or two gals opinion on getting your floppies graded?

>no superior spiderman
why user?

In the floppy bins

nice, people shit on Slott but SpOck was a hoot

Attached: this should clear things up.png (734x565, 8.01K)

That looks like a FINNBY shelf from IKEA. Those are by far their cheapest book shelves and it shows. The other shelves they offer are a bit more solid. I own several FINNBYs and only use them for regular books due to that.

why do you have 2 copies of spider-girl volume 1?

One is covered in liquid

If you look at the spine, they are pretty off-center compared to where the printed spine should be. After the first one came like that, I ordered a second, but it was even worse :(

webspray, r-right?

Attached: Sweating Superman.jpg (527x485, 120.66K)

>Those shelves are in pain
Bullshit they are prefectly fine, Piss off now retard.

>my next project will be to get all of Blake and Mortimer.
isn't that around 30 books?

They're bending

I just don't understand spending so much money on physical media. Digital saves space and you can just read/download cbr files for free

It's a collector's thing. if you don't understand you then don't understand. why are philatelists collecting stamps? I will never understand the enthusiasm for it but I accept it.

Preparing for the post-apocalyptic electric-less future

They are solid shelves they are not going to break all of a sudden my grandpa had shelves which were like that for seven years and in all that time they never broke.

Sadly, that's just what particleboard does.

I'm weird in that I'm uncomfortable with piracy but at the same time I can't bring myself to pay for pictures I can get for free.

I've bought every single manga I've ever pirated. Except One Piece because that's like a thousand dollars at this point and requires too much space.

>I'm uncomfortable with piracy
Why?

I dunno. I don't care if other other people do it, but doing it myself makes me feel uncomfortable.

I have lots of space and plenty of money. Physical is a superior format.

T.considering the purchase of a billiards table at this very moment.

>I dunno. I don't care if other other people do it, but doing it myself makes me feel uncomfortable.
That doesn't any sense you don't care if others pirate things and yet you are uncomfortable with yourself for doing it???

NTA, makes perfect sense to me.

How so? enlighten me then user.

Well it's like, I don't want to smoke weed or do PCP or whatever, but I don't care if other people do it.

Attached: Recent Purchases 2022-03-19.jpg (3220x2297, 1.68M)

Cube shelving is great because the shelves are too short to bend. Bowed shelves look awful and feel like a disaster waiting to happen.

>How do you go about deciding to part with a book? Do you keep every purchase you've made or do you sell books at certain times?
I only consider selling books if I get/want to get a new, nicer edition of the same book. I don't see the point of keeping repeats, unless of course there's some specific reason, like it's a particularly valuable edition, or the new one is a recolor like Killing Joke or something.

it still makes no sense to me I have across similar people like that and I think people say things things like that a in a attempt to justify their own actions

Physical books will always be superior to digital in every aspect aside from convenience

How so? I much prefer reading digital to physical

Why are these questions spammed in every /shelf/ thread?

Because people are just plain stupid?

wagies vs consoomers