Why does DC hate Superman now?

why does DC hate Superman now?

Attached: 1650825799588.jpg (580x580, 69.8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/co/thread/130313446
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

sorry, accidentally deleted the last thread
desuarchive.org/co/thread/130313446
here's a link though, I really didn't delete it on purpose

Eh? Listen user, Superman has what I call "Ironman syndrome". He's a character with great potential but has bad luck with being stuck with shitty writers and directors.

yeah I was gonna respond to you before it 404'd
You know how people always say "never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." Well at this point, stupidity does not adequately explain how DC treats Superman. The mismanagement is on such a wide scale. Like even Iron Man has had a ton of great stories in the past, he had a movie series everyone loved, he was treated alright in the MCU. He's got that Iron Man VR game
Superman has nothing because DC hates him. Like I have no business acumen and I could manage him better than this

Ironman's only positive reception is the MCU and he only has one good movie. Superman has the Christopher Reeves movies and right now he has Superman & Lois. Ironman's comics are trash and his character is currently being ran into the ground by Cantwell. The VR game barley had any hype surrounding it. Not to mention the Civil War saga fucked Stark's characterization all up.

What's the All-Star Superman equivalent for Ironman?

DC didn't used to hate Superman, the Christopher Reeves stuff was peak "we love Superman" era
They hate him now

Iron-man doesn't have a All-star Superman equivalent.

He'd clearly just be blasting random people into mist by now for fun, it's too absurd that he doesn't hold everyone in contempt

Why isn’t DC running any weekly animated Superman kids show? You compare these last decades with the times where Superman was at his peak and you notice the stark difference
Superman had multiple animated shows, from the 40’s to the 60’s to the 70’s and the 80’s, up till the 90’s, along with multiple live action shows and a bunch of movies.
There was a straight up drought of Superman animated shows from when Superman: The Animated Series ended to next year. He was a member of the Justice League so he got to be in those two shows at least.
Since the DCAU ended, there have been four more Batman shows. The Batman (2004 - 2008), Batman The Brave and the Bold (2008-2011), Beware the Batman (2013), and Harley Quinn (2019 - present). For Superman… nothing. Krypto the Superdog was the closest.
Next year there’s supposedly gonna be a new Superman cartoon - it will be the first Superman solo cartoon of the 21st century. Yes, since January 1st, 2001, no Superman solo shows have been made. I guess to make up for it, there will also be two more Batman cartoons coming out next year, when the first Superman solo cartoon of the 21st century comes out. Batman: Caped Crusader for the older audience, Batwheels for the kids
You know, if they made some Superman content, they might make money off him! Animation is one of the mediums that can take advantage of everything Superman’s comic franchise has and can elevate aspects, yet DC continually fucks the dog
Why? What are they thinking?

Something about action shows not generating enough toy sales or something.

Because he's not Batman.
Remember, the company is DC, Not AC.

yeah they never hated superman back in the 90s 80s 70s 60s even though batman was more popular

Superman is a straight white conservative middle american farmboy who grew up in Kansas, believes in the values of hard work and the american dream. He's the exact kind of person Hollywood elites look down on as 'deplorables'.

Superman represents truth. These days truth is seen as relative.
Superman represents Justice. These days justice is mob rule and cancel culture calling itself 'social justice'.
Superman represents the American way. There's no place for that in an entertainment industry aiming at appealing to the entire world and being cosmopolitan 'world citizens'

I guess Demon In A Bottle could be seen as that? Tony's struggle with addiction and alcoholism has been a thing throughout his entire career as the character.

>Why? What are they thinking?
Not for lack of trying. Most every animated standalone Superman project in the last few years (movies and tv/streaming) has hit the bricks because of behind the scenes drama, hubris or just plain bad luck.
Genndy Tartakovsky was actually going to direct a Superman cartoon for the DC nation block back when that was a thing. It got shelved when WB refused to give him the budget he asked for so he left to work for Sony on the Hotel Transylvania movies.

>Next year there’s supposedly gonna be a new Superman cartoon - it will be the first Superman solo cartoon of the 21st century. Yes, since January 1st, 2001, no Superman solo shows have been made.

I'm not optimistic about that. It's not going to be a Superman TV show. It's going to be feminist Lois Lane with her male ally sidekicks Jimmy and Superman.

At least you didn't cry about the black Superman rumor for another 4 years, but he didn't get rape by Russian, that story is a continuation of a story from the 70s.

Breaking up with your girlfriend and getting a new one and not dating your crush is not cuckoldry.

Attached: 1649975305642.png (1933x1222, 1.72M)

>Superman is a straight white conservative middle american farmboy who grew up in Kansas, believes in the values of hard work and the american dream. He's the exact kind of person Hollywood elites look down on as 'deplorables'.

Superman represents truth. These days truth is seen as relative.
Superman represents Justice. These days justice is mob rule and cancel culture calling itself 'social justice'.
Superman represents the American way. There's no place for that in an entertainment industry aiming at appealing to the entire world and being cosmopolitan 'world citizens'

Attached: RDT_20211008_1532081051060250144521592.jpg (516x750, 55.13K)

You forgot to quote the second paragraph dummy

Demon In a Bottle is mediocre.

How do you delude your self into thinking that Superman is chud?

Attached: Screen_Shot_2017_09_14_at_12.58.17_PM.jpg (1400x1050, 527.34K)

Superman is the definition of a centrist.

Reading Marvel and DC is textbook Stockholme Syndrome.

user just said "they hate Superman because he's white," which is true they hate all white people. But then your response "no! Superman isn't racist!"
Yeah, nobody said they hated him for being racist. They hate him because he's white.
Racist white, non-racist white; still white, and anti-whites still hate you.

But white people run the comics industry.

good goy.

liberals are mostly white but they also hate white people. it's just one of those thing
I don't know if I'd call it self-hatred even, it seems more like they decide they're somehow different from other white people

So, what do we do about liberal whites?

Attached: 2070.jpg (1200x923, 81.16K)

>they hate Superman because he's white
He didn't say that. He tried to falsely claim that superman is not an SJW. His inception is about defending marginalized people.

Boiling down superman character to a surface level race is just sad. Like you do know that Batman is 100% and have multiple comics, movies, cartoons, audio drama, webtoons and more?

Attached: action-1-wife-beating.jpg (581x262, 277.48K)

no he never mentioned sjws you schizo

DC hates all their characters now, just like Marvel.

>Opposing wifebeating makes you an sjw
Lmao based redneck

Attached: 2ec.png (327x316, 207.7K)

Straight White Male

Yes that is a part of social justice.

Attached: 2.1.4.4-1.jpg (1024x768, 91.29K)

user...

Attached: Screen Shot 2022-04-27 at 10.00.50 PM.png (2880x1356, 3.96M)

>Depowered him
>Aged him up
>Removed him from his own book
>Made his son a cock-crazy power bottom faggot
>Killing him as a baby in the movies to be replaced by a brown woman
>Somehow also race swapping him at the same time and making him black

I really don’t know what else DC can do to the character to degrade him further. Maybe have Lois cheat on him with a trans woman?

These are dark times for Superman fans.

Attached: 76272D9A-F4BC-4B5B-91EA-F0406FBF7602.jpg (500x346, 23.48K)

Superman will save illegal immigrants lives. But he wont get involved with national policy because it's out of his jurisdiction. Doesn't mean his stance on the big issues would be open borders.

Stuff like this is why I say it’s malice as opposed to stupidity

>superman le good
It's all so tiresome

Attached: superman_vs_lex_luthor_by_cdubbart_defknbd-fullview.jpg (600x928, 177.36K)

Once is an accident, twice is a coincidence, three times is enemy action. More than that is malice.

Shouldn't have stolen those 40 cakes, you bald fucker.

>>Removed him from his own book
So you don't read action comics?
Atleast try to be upset about things happen. Also the first 2 happend decades ago.

Attached: Action_Comics_Vol_1_1042_Textless.jpg (1032x1566, 1.25M)

Even if he's wrong about Superman not being a deplorable. A SJW working at WB is more likely to look at a straight white superhero and think he's heteronormative or a symbol of the patriarchy or some shit than see him as a white ally.

There's no point. These bait threads never touched a Superman comic.

>claiming moral superiority for reading literal trash

No, of course I don’t read them anymore. Why would I? I don’t even bother illegally downloading them at this point. I also don’t need to eat shit to know it doesn’t taste good.

How can one SJW hold that much power?

Action comic was around in the 30s. I'm not sure if you ever read a Superman comic.

Attached: Dj9uAS2XsAAeybv.jpg (750x1200, 289.81K)

I can't disagree with that.

Attached: 1651020390301.jpg (400x349, 23.63K)

>Action comic was around in the 30s.
You are correct. I am unsure of the relevance, but you aren’t wrong.

>depowered superman
>Black replacement
>was removed from his book
>his son worked for lex
>Black replacement got a movie

Was this white genocide?

Attached: Superman_672x1024.jpg (672x1024, 256.57K)

Not just one. But enough of them that think that way are in enough positions of power in WB and DC to influence the character. Compound that with edgelords like Snyder who think he should be more like batman and you've got a toxic brew for Superman never making a comeback.

Trust me. If you thought Rings Of Powers casting was a crap show it'll have nothing on Ta-Nahesi Coates/JJ Abrams superman reboot.

I’m aware, you faggot zoomer. You’re confusing longevity with quality. The former definitely applies, the latter absolutely not at this point.

he's a straight white male with christian morals

DC user DC

Superman became boring character
That is what happens when you have character with God powers
BUT
HIS SON IS INTERESTING, WEAK WILL, FULL OF FLAWS AND HIS SON IS HALF HUMAN AND HE BELONGS ON EARTH MORE THAN SUPERMAN

he's evil that's why

Attached: Evil-Superman-Bloody-Comic (1).jpg (960x500, 84.2K)

And he’s also interesting because he likes buttfucking and sucking dick and cumming in asses and eating cum.

I don't think DC hates superman, I think DC is desperate for sales and popularity and they aren't used to Superman not being a big name draw anymore. They're throwing everything at the wall to make Superman interesting to a wider audience the same way they did in the 90s with the new superman takes. He's been depowered, turned into darkseid, killed, made a dad, made into a death metal band guy, had an AU where hes Obama, an AU where hes Zods son, replaced by his lgbtq friendly son, made chinese, and is currently an older bara man and probably more shit i'm forgetting in the last 10 years alone. DC has 0 faith that vanilla basic coke classic Superman can move books or obtain mass appeal anymore. IMO this doesn't stop until either DC has a huge shift in company thinking or sales crash and burn to such an extent that they go back to the basics to try and recover.