Netflix hasn’t given up on animation…

Only on American animation:
cartoonbrew.com/business/netflix-studio-colorido-drifting-home-anime-215699.html

Attached: 1363478A-ABF4-441E-991E-0CD96046FD74.jpg (1280x600, 195.38K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/MarcyBones64/status/1520187713596493826
twitter.com/AnonBabble

East wins again

Attached: 1643109730105.jpg (573x469, 166.29K)

Makes sense. Anime s both cheaper to produce than western animation, has wider market appeal, and a lot of 'Netflix' anime are just them locking down western streaming rights for a show produced by someone else. That is a very different thing than funding your own original animation projects.

Bros. We lost. Japan is the comic center of the world and pretty soon it'll be the animation center too, if it isn't already. Is there any hope for america, or should I just accept that we're gonna have to take the backseat from now on like pretty much every other country has for the last century?

why is Vegeta the tall one

They force the jap studios to put netflixs message in there.

So is Spanish the new fad in Japan?

Yes. After they found out that Paris is a Muslim shithole, Japanese have been suffering from PTSD called Paris syndrome. Now they are trying to find new places.

“Colorido” is supposedly in Portuguese

Basados japoneses

Anything's better than Japan, I guess.

Yea, who needs safe, clean city streets when you can live in a dirty, violent shithole full of drug addicts?

Netflix should hire them to make a Duck Nuns movie.

Attached: Studiocolorido.jpg (414x241, 9.19K)

They’re going to suck ass

Your white ass will never be Japanese.

I'm black.

>when you can live in a dirty, violent shithole full of drug addicts?
We're not talking about every major American city user.

Right, we're talking about every major American and most major European cities.

then your colby dunkin ass will never be japanese.

And?
What's your point?

>After they found out that Paris is a Muslim shithole, Japanese have been suffering from PTSD called Paris syndrome
>they fell for the "City of Love" meme
Stupid ass nips.

Speaking of, they just canceled another one
twitter.com/MarcyBones64/status/1520187713596493826

it's an edit by a Bejitafag, Bejita is never the tallest

So, you're compliant that anime is made in America? Who gives a fuck, besides you?

It's not even made in America, it's just a Japanese show that Netflix licenses for streaming.

They don't

Even more of a reason to not give a fuck.

American artists just need to form their own studios and decouple from hollywood.
The whole reason animation is in the state it currently is because it has to play second fiddle to live action and doesn't stand on its own.

There are already solo animators like worthikids making a living off platforms like patreon.
And in this day and age it's easier than ever to monetize and create merchandise for your brand.

If a couple of solid artists got together and put together a solid pitch video or teaser trailer for a series or a film and then a campaign on kickstarter or patreon it could be done.

They can start a youtube channel documenting the behind the scenes process so that fans have something to see while they wait for the project to complete.
And they could create mascot characters to make merch like figures, clothing, plushies, and posters out of.

Rooster teeth literally did this 10 years ago, everyone should've looked at that and copied the model instead of gravitating to whatever legacy studio was hiring after graduation.

I hope they bleed enough money to NEVER even get close to anime again, go die in a fire kikes, I don't care if they only "publish", the fact that Neflix money is involved on an anime production is reason enough to puke

That's not what Paris syndrome is you dumb faggot. It's caused by Japanese people finding out Paris is dirty and smelly and full of rude white Parisians. They're not hanging out in the projects with the Muslims.

Everything went better than expected

Just give me more Arcane.

Please

Attached: 7304865.jpg (1920x1080, 192.05K)

That fucking sucks

>samey bland anime thats trying to be pretentious with lots of clouds in it
Yawn, anime is either this shit now or fucking cringe SAO inspired isekais, hard pass

it's time to take the coomer illustrator pill before it's too late, animation work stability is MEGA shit even in Japan

Goku into faggy shit.

>Jake Goldman
>The nu-ppg director
>sucks
This is fucking great, dummy. That dumbass deserves no career.

>hasn't heard of DALL-E

Doubtful, animation is more expensive to produce than people realize. Anime gets by with slavery conditions and it isn't as if the majority of anime viewers spend any money on anime itself to begin with. People drastically overestimate how far their dollar goes with crowdfunding, "What do you mean 10k isn't enough for a whole series?". What you've stated HAS been tried, multiple times. The successes are still few. Vivziepop has done best so far.

If you're wondering how anime's slave conditions work out it is due to quirks of Japanese real estate that mean residential and commercial rents are cheaper (meaning you can pay your workers less and they can get by). To be able to replicate that in the West you'd need to fix the real estate market here, which is impossible as too many people benefit from present conditions.

>hasn't heard of DALL-E
It's not enough user, and any animator worth their paycheck can output much more soulfoul drawings with ease, at least I hope so, because in Japan they do

based duck nuns user

>Doubtful, animation is more expensive to produce than people realize.
Reminder that Secret of Kells and Song of the Sea were both produced on $5 million budgets, Wolfwalkers on $8m, and they were all profitable in the end.
Don't be focused solely on total cost, and look at how the money is spent and what we get in return instead.

do you really expect indie animation to crowdfund 5 million? IIRC Cartoon Saloon benefits from subsidies.

Yeah and most animated show seasons are longer then movies

this. If anybody REALLY cared, it would have already happened.

No. It's western and all that is on the chopping bock

Netflix sounds like a fucking nightmare to work for.

Arcane is funded by Tencent user, Netflix only licenses it.
It'll only be on the chopping block if Tencent doesn't want to fund it anymore.

I don't think it's that people don't care, I think it's just pure fear.
Animation is so much riskier than almost any other medium and usually takes much longer to develop.
And we're also in pretty bad times economically.

Another issue though is that many animators seem to be "babied".
They're not the kind of animators who have autistic levels of passion and focus towards honing their art.
You look at other grassroots studios/projects that have popped up in other mediums like games, film, music, or anime and you'll find stories about how 5-10 guys were living in the same 3 bed house working on their breakout project in the garage with minimal resources.
You don't see that kinda obsession and drive from these animators, and that is partly what is needed to drive a development like this in animation.
It also doesn't help that this generation of artists is also cliquey as hell, I could only imagine such an endeavor just evaporating into drama if they attempted it.

Why do these safe clean streets have higher suicide rates?

what you described in your second paragraph is what I meant by "care". But yeah, I guess the climate for it is tough right now.

>do you really expect indie animation to crowdfund 5 million
Why do you think companies can only use one source of funding? If an indie studio can crowdfund 500K, that may be be enough to convince a distributor such as Netflix to pony up the rest of the budget, secure in the knowledge there is an eager audience out there.
>IIRC Cartoon Saloon benefits from subsidies.
Yes, and film subsidies are often available to individuals too.
So? Why does animation need to be a series? I'll take a good movie over a stretched out cartoon series that is half filler episodes any day.

Will Netflix invest into Western, but not American, animation? If so that's a good thing, American animation has been shit for awhile now.

Pixar is dead, Disney is dead, CN is dead, Nick is dead, Netflix is dead,
HBO is on its last legs
This is the end of Western animation.

the company is run by the dumbest people on the planet who got big doing one thing right but somehow can't recognize what made them popular in the first place. There has to be a name for this phenomenon.

>There has to be a name for this phenomenon.
It's happened to so many companies, I think that's just how they are.

Might wanna go look at Paris again Lad. Or London. Or Brussels. Or Berlin.
Get your head out of your ass. Every Western nation is plagued by antiwhitism, and the capitol cities are dens of such.

They've already invested plenty in non-American western animation.
Klaus - Spain
The House - Britain
Arcane - France
Back to the Outback - Australia
My Father's Dragon - Ireland
High In The Clouds - France
Pinocchio - France/Mexico
Thelma The Unicorn - France

Mission creep.

>There has to be a name for this phenomenon.
"Being publicly-traded."

Arcane wasn't technically made by them (see ), but the rest is good if true.
There's still non American western animation.

>They've already invested plenty in non-American western animation.
>Arcane
Arcane is funded by China, actually.

Netflix is still buying/paying for the distribution rights. That's the majority of what they do, and frankly that's all that they should do, based on the results of their misadventure into animation.
I don't know the details, but my broad impression is that Netflix mandates certain progressive themes for content that they co-finance. I'm not against this per se, but the result has largely been awkward. So I'm all for a cleaner separation between distributor and producer. The arrangement with Arcane is ideal.