Under a yellow sun, do kryptonians need to eat?

Under a yellow sun, do kryptonians need to eat?

Attached: cbf04557057ace5eade2aa11c98d09b1.jpg (3483x3771, 1.29M)

Other urls found in this thread:

webmd.com/diet/benefits-protein
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No but Clark does because he enjoys it.

Energy does not equal nutrients. You need both.

Nope. I think even under a red sun they don’t. Star radiation is their primary fuel.

IIRC, Kryptonians also produce no waste, their body uses everything it consumes. Meaning their assholes are vestigial.

Yes. Do you think that hair shine is natural?

Makes me wonder if Kryptonians could develop the ability to absorb solar energy from humans (since they absorb it through food). Might be a good defense against a human with Green K.

I'm always confused why red solar energy drains Superman's powers if they absorb solar energy. Like, its like saying the slice of cake I had for desert canceled out the nutrition I got from my dinner.

Under a yellow shower, do kryptonians need to drink?

They're aliens, with no nude scenes. How can you be sure they don't have a cloaca?

>no feeder supergirl gf

That’s pretty much exactly how anti-nutrients work
Not on such an extreme level but yeah

I don't know if/how it's officially explained but I've always imagined it works similarly to carbon monoxide poisoning, carbon monoxide bonds with your cells and blocks the uptake of oxygen so rather than just suffocating you're actually incapable of receiving oxygen
I imagine "red solar energy" is somehow metabolized in a way that diminishes or blocks the "yellow solar energy" already in his system

Attached: moist.gif (211x203, 1.06M)

Stop lewding my wife

Google is being a nigger, sauce?

Die out

Attached: 06A7BEC1-2B44-46E0-BA04-CAC1BE8C47CD.jpg (1080x1145, 204.59K)

You first

Attached: 1632938060115m.jpg (1024x681, 141.95K)

IIRC the official explanation was that red solar radiation is more natural to kryptonian physiology, so their cells replace their reserves of yellow solar radiations with red one whenever it's possible

mad because no human being will ever find it attractive.

kek

>phone cancer bitching at fap cancer
Oh the irony.
While I certainly wouldn't mind if all the shitty wankbait threads would use the correct board, I'd still choose getting rid of phone shitters over fappers any day of the week.

FPBP

um, user, are you eating retard juice?

Source?

DC can make whatever rules they want for an alien superhero, but in real life, that's true. Calories are where you get your energy from, but there are still essential vitamins and minerals.

The idea that they don't need to eat or breathe is fucking stupid.

Boring.

Attached: msy5nhX.jpg (720x540, 76.72K)

My pet theory is that it's like going to a high-altitude village after spending your whole life below sea level. Clark's body is used to a rich energy supply and when it suddenly gets replaced by the much weaker energy of a red sun, it goes into starvation mode out of shock.

Kryptonians are always using their powers. It's how they're able to live on a world with high gravity and still be the same size and shape as normal humans. A red sun only provides them with enough energy to move around the same way humans do on Earth.

>nose ring

Disregarding the physics of piercing a kryptonian's nose: RUINED.

The real question is under yellow sun, do kryptonians need to wear clothes?

Attached: 1f95df0a75603859ad2d7ebb8ffcbf13--superman-superman-superman-stuff.jpg (499x800, 83.08K)

So how many of you smugly made fun of this when it came out, and now regret it? Because I do.

what were you making fun of?

They do. You probably never read a Power Girl comic and Superman, Kon and Jon have been shown to eat.

Didnt read DC back then.

I don't, Turner had a decent enough style but it isn't sexy. OP's image is a thousand times sexier because its curvy,sensual,and soft looking. Turner drew like the only women he ever saw were in PG-13 catalogs.

>that clark face
>user, I....

>not the gif
Boo, you had to do ONE thing and you screwed it

What happens under a white star, a brown dwarf, neutron star, and blackhole radiation?

Under a blue star he can give other people his powers. Sadly, that's all we're ever gonna know.

>vestigial
They didn't have powers on their home planet. They eat and shit under a red sun.

>trips
Based

Hey Ethan its me Gator

>doesn’t even need to eat
>still enjoys steak produced by the cruelty and environmentally hatmful factory farming industry
What did DC mean by this?

I believe they've retconned that in Superman:Birthright. He can see the aura of animals so he doesn't like eating them.

Attached: fzlo6co05ghy.jpg (989x1531, 279.35K)

But plants live too.

Plants can't feel pain or fear, can't show affection and unless I'm about to learn some really interesting botany tidbits don't have a heartbeat and often evolve themselves to be consumed by animals.
So Clark doesn't mind eating them.

Poison Ivy hates this post

Normally I'd agree, but in the DC universe the "Green" is a living entity in all plant matter so they technically are alive in the DC universe

>Plants can't feel pain or fear,
This has been proven to be false

Attached: 1620308549953.png (1174x570, 1.03M)

Wait until you see what animals do to each other, senpai.

Maybe.

Attached: E910E6D8-324F-4AE9-A499-F8193317333E.jpg (400x515, 79.37K)

They only need to drink water, not eat food, under a red sun. And they still wouldn’t shit as the Kryptonian body uses everything it consumes and produces no waste. The reason they develop powers in the first place is due to their bodies absorbing and processing energy at insane levels.

He said need to eat, not have to. Big difference.

[citation needed]

Kryptonians using everything they eat was confirmed when Superboy and a few others shrunk down and entered Kal’s body in microscopic form. As for Kryptonians not needing to eat under a red sun, I can’t recall exactly, it was either Science of Superman or one of the looks into Krypton in the late eighties or early nineties. Wish I could recall the exact issues, if any other user could help then please feel free to chime in.

Tamaraneans are able to absorb the solar power out of Kryptonians to give them a fighting chance against them, but I think Kori only used that power like one time.

Food is more than energy.
Even leaving out vitamins and trace elements, you can get sufficient (and more than sufficient) calories from carbohydrates and fats.
But you can't live on that.
Without proteins (which supply nitrogen) you can't build tissue. webmd.com/diet/benefits-protein

Clark was an infant when he landed here. Obviously, most of his mass was acquired on Earth.
And don't give me the "well, he didn't develop his powers until sometime in his teens" BS. That's a relatively recent interpretation, contradicting decades of superboy and superbaby tales.
Same applies to "Kryptonian metabolism is different." Life is a complex, and continuing, sequence of chemical reactions. If life on Krypton required, say, boron or cadmium to form an essential enzyme, having a non-material energy source isn't enough.

Consider plants. They get all their energy from sunlight, but they still need certain atoms; nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium, calcium, magnesium and sulfur.

Trivial example. Superman shaves. Those atoms have to be replaced.
Whether Supergirl shaves is never mentioned.

Wonder if Kryptonians could do the same to Tamaraneans.