Werther Effect: Is it a crime?

Should authors be aware that their work might drive impressionable depressives to suicide? Should authors be criminally imputable of having their work be deemed as an apology of suicide?

I feel bad for the fact that 13 Reasons Why rose suicide rates among american teens by 30%. It's been known for a long time that glorifying suicide leads people to kill themselves, so the people who made the book and then adapted it to Netflix were clearly doing it despite the risks.

Attached: she.jpg (540x387, 22K)

no

artist should not feel responsible unless their artwork is telling people to top them selves off directly.

the artist can feel whatever they want but it shouldn't be within the government's jurisdiction to censor art with suicide themes in it

even then they shouldn't

Absolutely not. Fuck you.

It shouldn't be criminal, but it makes me wonder what standards we can judge the value of art. 28.9% is a significant increase, and it was totally clear that was going to happen, as the show's premise was a glorification of suicide (here's 13 scenarios that make suicide OBJECTIVELY the only option. Anyway here's some times my friends were impolite). With Goethe it's a bit more complicated, as Werther was clearly more about unrequited love, and he didn't know how else to end it. Should Lolita be banned because it's widely misread as a lovestory?

>13 Reasons Why rose suicide rates among american teens by 30%
This sounds like marketing propaganda.

God, I want to smash her face with an icepick. I'm always amazed at how some people manage to tell you they're brainless whores or degenerates with no personality through a still picture.

>icepick
Sounds phallic

Who cares? Personal responsibility

>not blaming the society that created her
t. definitely does not have children

jew would know

Attached: 170px-Trotskynina1915.jpg (170x201, 11K)

whenever diego rejoins the server, i post my extremely short novella:

"kys"

of course it does, most cold weapons are very phallic in nature. nothing wrong with that, in this case it represents hardness and agression
you can't blame society on everything. if you do so, people can conveniently drop personal responsibility.
reminder that it's your sole job to create and improve yourself - especially in spite of collectivist hype society.

Attached: 225f09cc-486a-4577-b42a-1bb30dc169bf.jpg (500x338, 31K)

>brainless
>making big bucks on the Internet
lol. so tell me more about how your sharia law tier values and traditions directly correlates with intelligence

>you can't blame society on everything.
But you can blame it on widespread occurrences within a society, Instagram thots being one of those occurrences right now.

I do not agree that suicides are inherently bad. If someone is in such a state of misery where a book can drive them to death, these people deserve this little push to the sweet release of death.

i'm not saying selling your pics for big monis is bad, i'm saying her countenance screams "i have obnoxious compressed-shit personality and i'm stupid". there are a couple of pic selling girls i've briefly seen that don't look braindead
i'll have to agree here

And they dont make nearly as much, she knows what works

Suicide is a human right

Attached: paysage.jpg (707x1000, 290K)

>leads people to kill themselves
Do you honestly think those kids had not been experiencing suicidal thoughts before watching that show? Those kids who killed themselves already wanted to die, the show just helped them go through with it. This is a good thing. I know most people on here are tyrants who think suicide is "wrong" but to you I pose this question: am I the proprietor of my life or not? If I am, I should be able to terminate it as I see fit.

If someone is retarded enough to kill themselves over a work of fiction the author should be given a prize for removing them from the gene pool

She's pretty, though.

Driving people to commit suicide is an objectively good thing. If what's keeping you from becoming an hero is a book it's better that you stop wasting oxygen

have sex