I can't believe how many people were.too.dumb to realise this movie is actually about atheism

I can't believe how many people were.too.dumb to realise this movie is actually about atheism.

Attached: images.jpeg-59.jpg (220x326, 16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/g9mpANfKdqg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

one of the worst movies I've ever seen. My then-girlfriend made me watch it, saying it was "hilarious," and I nearly broke up with her on the spot. Never have I lost respect for someone so quickly. I wanted to leave her place in the middle of it I was so disgusted. I was a simp for not doing so.

Also it was transparently anti-religion, I can't imagine any imbecile who couldn't immediately grasp that, OP.

It's like a typical Seth Rogan movie, but it's trying too hard to be a Seth Rogan movie

my ex got a boner during the orgy scene

basically an animated testament to the current hollywood zeitgeist. cept they didnt fuck and eat any baby carrots IIRC.

I want to see it with a really religious filipino dude and he laughed all the way though it...

Then when I said I was surprised you found a movie mocking religion so funny... he was really confused.

Then in uni for a class on pop culture people talked about this movie and I mentioned that it was a critique on religion and and a whole bunch of people were confused and like "what the actual fuck, it was just a funny movie about some sausages"

You know it's bad when a DUDE WEED comedy is trying too hard

It had nothing to do with weed.

the entire subtext of the film is that beliefs are fake and gay, and prevent you from experiencing the ultimate meaning of life: unchecked hedonism, because your death is imminent and inevitable. It's about as subtle as a cinderblock through a windshield. Man people are fucking stupid.

there is a 5 minute scene of a hotdog and a bottle of whiskey smoking pot and experiencing a "trip"

Every single scene of this movie is designed to get a "huhuhuhuhu, far out man" reaction from people high out of their minds
t. former university stoner

Especially OP, apparently. Ffs he's surprised his "pop culture class" is filled with etc retards too stupid enough to figure out the most basic premise that "dude orgasms lmao" = low effort atheistic hedonism.

It actually amazes me how many people didn't realise.

never have i been more confused by a reaction of a movie. It was like everyone had brain damage.

Attached: Screenshot_20200304-232613.png (1080x1920, 695K)

I only did it because they forced me to do an elective.

Most of the people there were studying video game design or animation to bring their walrus and gundams to life.

They straight out say, out loud in a big speech, that it's time to do away with gods and beliefs, and fuck until we die
It should be blatant enough for even the dullest normies to realize the message of the film

But yet it isn't.

The highly religious Filipino guy who was with me loved it and didn't even realise it had anything to do with atheism or religion until I mentioned it.

Even then he was just confused.

I dunno, not trying to be a wicked nihilistic intellectual here, but I think a solid chunk of the population are actual borderline retards with no ability to reflect

I think I have a better ability to reflect upon things and messages were other people have more ability to memorize and repeat where as that's something I struggle with.

Like the dude is really clever when it comes to computers and knows all about computer science but yet couldn't understand sausage part was a critique on religion.

It was also about how women only have value as sexual objects, but the critics seem not to have noticed that.

I saw this stoned af and enjoyed it, but don't really remember a thing. Worth a rewatch?

I get the same thing with the matrix. You say the movie is about Pholopshy and conformity and some people say

"I thinjnyoure over thinking it bro, it was just about fighting and guns and computers and shit"

Its like you don't even have to think to come up with what I said... The movie made it painfully obvious.

Okay sjw

You're right. I completely forgot about that. At the end of the movie an anthropomorphic hotdog looks directly at the camera and says "pleasure is the only thing that matters, put things up your ass." What a terrible, terrible film.

They had to spell it out for the stoners, but did they really have to add "And another thing, fuck niggers." at the end as well?

I don't recall, I'd have to rewatch it (which I am not going to do because it was terrible, unpleasant, and unfunny). I do remember extremely heavy handed criticism of the concept of female chastity and virginity though.

Which is the opposite of what she just said.

Reading the critic reviews on RT is embarassing.

"an effed up funhouse" says PETER TRAVERS, admitting the entire conceit of the movie is going 'duuuuude that's so effed uppppp lol"

"It never pushes the boundaries" says TheWrap critic of a film about food having gay anal sex and a vaginal douche deriving power from parasitic rape. What would be pushing the boundaries I wonder??

"Sausage Party takes racism and prejudice and throws them into its existential meat-grinder to explore identity, tolerance and religion in surprisingly intelligent fashion" Yes there are few things more intelligent, and less racist, than a drunken native american whiskey bottle smoking weed and then participating in a food orgy following a 14-year-old's justification of nihilism

"quietly virtuous" I have nothing to say about this one

>"quietly virtuous"
Not in the slightest lmao

this is really "mask off" for hollywood, the intelligentsia, and the critic class. NPR's review is glowing.

What do you mean?

but it was hillerious

All this buzz for babby's first nihilism movie just because it has Seth Rogan and a few millions behind it
And even then evidently retarded normies didn't get the message anyways and just watched it for the poop jokes and violence

There is some crap about female empowerment, but mostly empowerment to have lots and lots of casual sex. I don't know if I would go that far, but it certainly embodies a chauvinistic idea of "women need to have freedom and liberation so they're available for me to fuck"

Is the original planet of the apes a nihilism movie?

I guess that for all these people hype themselves up as educated, superior, enlightened arbiters of culture and morality, they are blown away by preposterously juvenile smut whose highest ideal is being disgusting and profane, and whose hamfisted message is brutally shallow. There is nothing behind them but teenage atheism, immediate gratification, and naked lust.

This is such a dumb thing to say.

If anything it's saying don't slut shame women because everybody likes to fuck and we are all equal.

It's mainly because the US is fairly prudish so something banal and sexual gets put up on a pedestal
I'm not sure this movie had the same effect in yuropoor countries

Movie was about gay sex

but it was funny

You stupid holes do realize that the message of this movie was that atheists should keep their mouths shut and respect other people's beliefs, right?

The message is simple, easily muddied, and most people have a hard time living both for and against it. Sex is a fucked thing.

Name a more jewish movie than this

I went to see it with my brother and fucking hated it. My brother loved it, but he had about half a bottle of Jameson a few hours ago and was still pretty drunk. It made sense, you'd have to be completely wasted or an utter brainlet like your ex to like that heap of trash movie.
This.

>walrus
How do I know you're a phoneposter?

wait. I thought this film did terribly. What the fuck?

When people see something like that in a movie they will either think of it as a reasonable sentiment in this particular fictional world were god really doesn’t exist and the characters discovered they were lied to, but not that that has any connection to reality that the film is trying to draw, Or they think of it as the characters in the film coming to a wrong conclusion, not that they are being deliberately written to convey a message through their beliefs.
Some still interpret entertainment even shallower, and wouldn’t have a single thought about it and likely forget that scene after a few minutes pass.

Watched it with a friend. It was an interesting watch, but yes, a piece of trash. The orgy at the end is like a fucking fever dream, even now I don't know how to react to it.
youtu.be/g9mpANfKdqg

>I think I have a better ability to reflect upon things and messages were other people have more ability to memorize and repeat where as that's something I struggle with

Attached: 1582919822384.png (536x536, 451K)

>It's mainly because the US is fairly prudish
lol get the fuck out of here

Same here man. I know a lot of people who are faster than me in memorizing information or crunching numbers but when it comes understanding subtexts, symbolism, contexts, bigger pictures, what people are really talking about, long cause and effect relationships ect. they can't even grasp the subject where as i understand what is going on immediatly. I guess some smart people are just meant to work as text books while others are meant to actually understand things.