I WILL ALWAYS BE YOUR FILM KINO

Attached: file.png (316x445, 238.46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/gATcdqgkWVA
youtu.be/UcKFP2sRKyM
imdb.com/name/nm0345850/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I could never hate you

what's the best song, and why is it The Plagues?

overrated. Boring characters, simplistic plot, weird pacing, live actiony character animation, weak romance, forgettable songs, bad jokes (what little comedy there is), too much FX effects, no real message, etc. I'd give it a 5/10

F*cking epic my dude throw me in the screencap

Attached: A screaming skull.jpg (500x438, 19.93K)

Antz was the better 1998 Dreamworks film. It has a tighter and wittier script, and the characters are more engaging. Also, Katzenberg wasn't nearly as involved and this is always appreciated

Attached: MV5BMTA3ODgwNTc1MDdeQTJeQWpwZ15BbWU3MDgyODQ1NDU@._V1_~2.jpg (1539x1242, 351.44K)

how long are you going to do this bit for

Attached: file.png (509x54, 4.16K)

Antz not being a musical was great as well. The 90s were filled with animated musicals because of the Renaissance, and it's disappointing that Prince of Egypt followed that trend

>Moses, Rameses, Tzipporah, Miriam, Aaron, Hotep, Huy, Seti, Queen, Jethro
Rameses was the only character i liked. In fact, he came across as more sympathetic than probably intended because his personality is the only interesting one

>IP count doesn’t go up
hmmmmmm

I think PoE followed the musical formula fairly well. Instead of a traditionally whimsical feel like other musicals at the time, it went for a powerful, emotional, and holy(?) tone in a lot of its music. Seeing that music is a fairly large aspect of biblical culture, I believe tackling the story in the form of a musical was pretty fitting. "Let My People Go" was especially well done. I mean, it kinda had to be. He said the thing!

"Playing with the Big Boys" will never not be tonally jarring, though. I get that people like to meme on it a lot, but it had very little relevance to the story, is awkwardly written, and pisses all over the pacing.

i liked Deliver Us and The Plagues. Everything else is weak imo. Big Boys number was a missed opportunity

Antz is so horrible to look at! Say what you will about Pixar, they know how to make their art direction makes movies still watchable long after their technology is considered out-dated. Toy Story looks surprisingly good, People suck, but the Toys are fine. Ants, looked bad by the 00's.

>that typing style
>those image names
HES BACK

Attached: 1614741672588.jpg (216x233, 5.73K)

it's an adquired taste. The facial animation and water effects were impressive for 1998 tho. Insectopia scene also has nice use of color

Through Heaven's Eyes was a fun, beautiful song too.

>Big Boys number was a missed opportunity

The original concept was for it to play like a gawdy Vegas stage show, because the magicians were meant to be comic relief, which is why they're voiced by Steve Martin and Martin Short. The sequence was scrapped because they felt it undercut the seriousness of Moses's return and the challenge he was facing in the Pharaoh. It was a smart move, but I guess they didn't have time to come up with better lyrics for the song, because they downright suck.

Rameses was a daddy issues tyrant
Moises' wife was cute, and her father was awesome

PDI didn't aim for cutesy visuals like Pixar did. Look at their short films before making Antz and Shrek. They ain't cutesy like, say, Tin Toy or Knick Knack
youtu.be/gATcdqgkWVA
youtu.be/UcKFP2sRKyM

It's not him, it's been confirmed that it's just an autist shitposter reposting his old shit.

Wrong. Deadly wrong

>Than intended
Depends on how far you excused him.
He's very much supposed to be seen as sympathetic in feeling slighted by his brother and being raised to maintain an ironfist over Egypt. However you're also supposed to see that Royalty has succumb to vanity and they've confused it for prosperity, their oppression is senseless cruelty and their refusal to give it up is more to blame for the suffering brought than the Hebrews that demanded it or the Lord who brought it.

Attached: .gif (500x281, 948.33K)

Damn that's a good gif. I'm taking it.

It was really cool how the film featured Egyptian culture.

What do you mean? He's permabanned, these posts are obviously recycled. It's just some retard trying to imitate the "infamy"

or maybe he just decided to change some obnoxious attitudes, like making and posting Shark Tale gifs, invading threads about other Yea Forums films to compare them with Shark Tale, critizicing films which he then realized weren't bad at all (Incredibles, HTTYD), posting images of himself like a narcissist, etc. Maybe he revisited his old threads, grew embarassed of them, deleted all those gifs, and chose to become a less toxic Yea Forums user

The shitposter is doing the exact same shit though, just now that it's obviously recycled content. He doesn't have quite the same autistic drive as the original asshat but you still see him try to shit up random threads that happen to be Dreamworks related like this one.

there is no shitposter. It's all in your head

t.

Attached: 49D73F6D-248B-4F32-A18A-AEB7B524ED1F.jpg (828x461, 232.22K)

>no more posting Shark Tale gifs or webms
>no more praising the bland Astroboy film
>no more talking about Shark Tale in other Yea Forums threads, Dreamworks related or not
>no treating actually good films like they're bad
>no posting images of myself
>no beginning sentences with a capital letter
>no more engaging in long or petty discussions
>no more being a namefag
>no more revealing personal information
>no acting like my opinions are objective truths
>no more letting you know that it's me by saying it out loud
>try to offer more constructive criticism and not be as toxic
>try to avoid conversations if possible by not answering
every change i've decided to make months ago. I'm truly sorry for my obnoxious behavior in late 2020 and most of 2021

>I POSTED WOJAK THAT MEANS MY OPINION MATTERS HYUCK HYUCK
Keep seething goy

>Saves your movie and animation studio

Attached: Hans-Zimmer-profile_(cropped).jpg (307x369, 84.93K)

Thus saith the Lord, thus saith the Lord

Since you refuse to free my people
ALL THROUGH THE LAND OF EGYPT

I SEND A PESTILENCE AND PLAGUE
INTO YOUR HOUSE, INTO YOUR BED
INTO YOUR STREAMS, INTO YOUR STREETS
INTO YOUR DRINK, INTO YOUR BREAD

UPON YOUR CATTLE, ON YOUR SHEEP
UPON YOUR OXEN IN YOUR FIELD
INTO YOUR DREAMS, INTO YOUR SLEEP
UNTIL YOU BREAK, UNTIL YOU YIELD

hope he does this again

Tell you what, keep to those changes and try to stay on topic to the threads you post in and you're okay in my book. There's really no need to bring up Antz every thread or go on off topic tangents about different movies.

YOU'RE POSTING WITH THE BIG BOYS NOW

all right, fine

Also nothing wrong with conversation. Just don't talk *at* people. I mean this genuinely.

i'l try. It'd be nice if you don't point out it's me once you realize it. Just see me as another anonymous user

I don't care if you're the real one or not, you're still autistic

Attached: 1610643249480.jpg (1179x1170, 112.58K)

You're still kino to me

It's scary and intense. The very best songs always have negative emotions mixed in.

BIG BOYS!

Attached: IMG_0023.jpg (2732x1475, 2.04M)

Attached: 20220427_134306.jpg (976x980, 84.97K)

thus saith the lord

All I ever wanted is fucking good dude

I honestly don't believe your fucking apologies

It could be genuine now that he knows if he keeps it up he'll get another permaban. That said, it's hard to take serious considering I've heard the same spiel from him before with promises he would "change" only to go right back to it. Like even now I've noticed a mild behavior improvement but much of the same shit people hate is still intact.

>It could be genuine
I'll see it when I believe it. He's apologized for his behavior way too many times

only place you'll see me being "sharktalefag" in Yea Forums will be in Shark Tale threads, and even then you won't see any gifs like before, only screenshots. Anywhere else, like in this thread, i'm just an animation fan like everyone else

Prince of Egypt staff came from this film, the last one made at Spielberg's Amblimation studio in UK. Everyone then moved to Dreamworks at Glendale and production on PoE began

Attached: Balto.jpg (500x753, 95.54K)

I fucking love Balto... it's probably my favorite childhood movie. I even looked into their fanfics once but unfortunately it's mostly Steele related...

take the lead animator of Tzipporah or Chel for example. Straight out of Amblimation
imdb.com/name/nm0345850/

Originally he actually wanted to surrender before all the plagues got too lethal but his mind was overwritten whenever he tried to stop it

That's not how it works moron

Very disingenuous if you think his free will was not tampered with at all

Maybe google that particular verse instead of taking wonky translations at face value.

It's shitty Bush era religious propaganda.

>it's shitty bush era propaganda
>released in 1998
What did he mean by this?

The first Bush was supposed to have two terms.

...okay, but even if he had, he wouldn't have been president in '98.

I mean to be fair they're all wonky.
At worst God said "no backsies" on this plague nonsense after Pharaoh said "fucking try me" three times in a row.
At best Hebrews stupidly used figurative language about God in a book literally about God which confuses things. I don't think the interpretation that God's will was always to punish the Egyptians for their crimes is far off, even if he eventually forced Pharaoh to play into his doom.