Why would they take such a revolutionary show idea and make it about boring as fuck 9 to 5 office worker

Why would they take such a revolutionary show idea and make it about boring as fuck 9 to 5 office worker

Attached: the-truman-show-54f8e07eb2dc7__1_.jpg (1000x1426, 1.28M)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nasubi
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

because the world is retarded and will watch anything.

i think that was sort of the point, people being obsessed over the life of a literal nobody.
I watched this for the first time few years ago, and I was shocked by how much shit it predicted about today's society, probably one of the most prophetic pieces of media ever made

>implying this movie didn't accurately predict reality TV as we know it
If there were a 24/7 show following someone's mundane existence right now, people would watch it.

Because it is just a big advertisement show. They are selling day to day products that a 9 to 5 office worker would buy. The premise of showing the whole life of a single person is enough incredible to draw all the attention.

It's amazing how banal it seems now, it even sounds corny to say we live in a Truman show sort of like world, but we really kind of do.

what do you think big brother was? the original series was conceptualized about the same time truman show was made

Not only people would watch it, there would be 10000 versions of it aiming for different crowds, just like we have for the current reality show models. Some good, some bad, most forgetable and so on.

I think this movie is about me. I often feel like I'm living in a world where everything I do is being observed. I'm sure it's worth a lot of money, but I wish they'd come clean about it.

NORMAL WORDS BUT AN OFFICE GUY

Theres also the fact it's very much an idyllic mundane life. Have you seen Hallmark channel? Now with the appeal that the generic white guy is 100% genuine.

That's ridiculous user. btw what do you think about McDonalds new loose change menu? Me, I love it.

I haven't had McDonald's in a while because I'm doing the keto thing.
I miss junk food.

Big Brother was a group of people in a house who knew they were being filmed and given dumb shit to do to remain entertaining. Truman was an endgame parody of the concept, someone who doesn't know they're filmed and does basically nothing all day, yet people would still watch it.

big brother is the closest thing you'll ever get because no country in the world would green light something like truman.

Didnt someone in japan do that for like a year while locked in their house?

Dont worry user I promise nobody gives a shit about you

This is my father's favourite film. He was a very religious guy when he was a kid and a teen, but then became a hard atheist. When Truman Show came out I was a kid, but I've seen it multiple times because of him and he usually says he felt the same way as Truman when he realized he didn't believe in God. That he would confront people and they would just reply as if they were faking it and he felt tricked by his parents and priest. I'm not as fedora as he is, though I never got into any religion because of his influence and I'm thankful for it.

We are watching you, user, you know it.

OP confirmed for retard status

Because it was accurately predicting the future
Every boring as fuck bitch with a small dog and an office job basically spends all their free time turning their instagram/snapchat into their own personal The Truman Show

It didnt predict shit
All those things were already there when the movie came out

It did predict it, because none of it was as fleshed out at that time, it's like a Black Mirror episode of the 90s or something. Or just like the movie Her handles hearing UX and IA development, everything is kind of here, but not in the way it is in the movie and with Truman Show works the same. It's not that they guessed and got it right, they were paying attention to what was already going on and were a bit visionary.

nasubi. or whatever the fuck eggplant is in nihon

Big brother show

Did America get big brother much earlier than Australia?

Big brother was a bunch of nobodies doing nothing.

How young are you?

Well big corporations, google especially, do "watch" you. The State also obviously monitors as much as they can so you're never really off the hook.
But they're more of a passive spectator. collecting data. There isn't an active interest in you, or me. Unless you say certain things that might blacklist you forever.

Reality TV is built on having someone to feel superior to.

>big brother is the closest thing you'll ever get because no country in the world would green light something like truman.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nasubi
so basically in 1998 a japanese guy was challenged to stay alone, naked in an apartment for a reality tv show. he had to enter mail in sweepstake competitions until he won 1 million yen which was about $10k. He had no clothes and had no outside communication. he knew he was being recorded daily but was told it would be re-broadcasted at a later date, but in reality it was livestreamed and he had an eggplant graphic covering his genitals. he won drinks and some food like a bag of rice. when he won they took him to a surprise location blindfolded but it was just another apartment but it was in south korea and he had to do the mail in thing again for like another year until he earned enough to go back to japan. he finally got back and was taken to another location, he undressed, ready for another half a year in the apartment mailing in, but it was a studio and the apartment walls dropped away and he was in front of a massive audience. he used this to try to become a comedian

Attached: file.png (480x360, 324K)

>its a truman commits workplace sexual harassment episode

I can think of a few reasons. First, it was relatable and comforting, which basically gave it the mass appeal of a regular sitcom. Second, it was already an absurdly expensive endeavor, and anything more complex or adventurous might've strained even their massive budget.