What do you guys think of Last Week Tonight with John Oliver?

What do you guys think of Last Week Tonight with John Oliver?

>youtube.com/watch?v=c09m5f7Gnic

Attached: JPG Main JOhn Oliver.jpg (633x356, 68K)

Current year man

>NO KAREN, NO IT NOT BEER, KAREN!!!
>*APPLAUSE*
>the point is.....

I don't

fuck kikes

Mouthpiece for the elite.
Disinformation agent.

donald drumpf innit m8

Literally a part of the Propaganda Arm of the Democratic Party.

> Mouthpiece for the elite

Trump is elite, user.

>Coronavirus

Let me guess:
"Everything is fine! Trust the discredited WHO! Eat the fucking bugs & vermin you bigot!"

I agree with him on Adam Driver but he's a massice faggot otherwise.

Attached: 1528384573493.gif (539x591, 2.34M)

Trump says and does exactly what he wants. There is no one controlling his actions or viewpoints. You forget how much the establishment, both the Democrats and Republicans, didn't want to let him get the nomination or win the election. Trump may be "elite", but he is not in league with the "elite".

Take your gay shit to /lgbt/, OP.

Not really. Having a dubious net worth of a few billion and starring in a reality TV show doesn't make you anyone important. Trump only got lucky because the American political machine isn't running as smoothly as it used to so he snuck in. Being rich doesn't really make you important unless you're ultra wealthy like Gates or Bezos or Bloomberg. Bloomberg also has an extra edge being a major figure in the world of high finance.

>The current year was five years ago

It's funny because it's true.
Your post, not the show.

I wonder how my future self is going to feel in retrospective, realizing I've spent more than 1/3 of my life here.

The problem is he is fucking stupid and a huge narcissist who only cares about himself and his rich friends, though of course he famously threw Roy Cohn under the bus when he found out he had "Bad AIDS".

Yes, lets trust "Pray the Virus away" Pence.

The worst part is I hear that Drumpf eats fried chicken with a fork and knife. Outrageous.

Attached: 1573103310339.jpg (1439x1319, 596K)

I think he's the only person that's mostly kept the feeling of the Daily Show. Which surprises the hell out of me, but Stephen's dead, Samantha Bee's dead, the Daily Show's dead, and John Oliver's alright. The lean on the way too fucking much but it's miles better than any of the competition.

Don't want to give his channel views which he can claim as ratings.
Does he say corona virus is a nothing burger or a happening?

>he is fucking stupid
Incorrect. His ascent to the presidency from being considering a joke candidate was a well crafted Machiavellian-tier plan. The fact that you people still cannot see that says more about you than him. You underestimate his intelligence simply because you dislike him as a person.
>a huge narcissist
Yes, he's a megalomaniac and a narcissistic. It's essentially a necessary quality to even run for President in the first place.

One of us.

Attached: 831.png (1368x726, 1.22M)

>Does he say corona virus is a nothing burger or a happening?

Attached: gIVBVn4[1].jpg (706x694, 55K)

>His ascent to the presidency from being considering a joke candidate was a well crafted Machiavellian-tier plan
No it wasn't, it was a ton of stupid people voting for someone that they could understand speak.

He's literally fucking stupid. His wife speaks English better than he does and it's her like 4th language. He has no idea what he's doing, refuses to admit he's wrong and lies over even the most trival of matters (Ms. Lockhead, Tim Apple, Alabama hurricane), has released top secret info to the public and to Russia that if anyone else had done would have literally been treason, and and is easily manipulated by guys like Erdogan, Xi, Kim, and of course Putin.

Tell me, if he's so smart, what great things has he done in office, other than enrich him and his own cronies?

I like it, pretty much the only late night show I watch anymore. Mostly what this guy said

Your anger and resentment clouds your judgement. I mean, just look at how much you're seething right now. You only reveal your ignorance.

He said don't drink bleach but be careful, and that Trump contradicting experts (as usual) and saying things based on zero science or evidence, as well as putting Pence in charge of dealing with it, when Pence's experience of controlling contagious epidemics includes ignoring experts and causing one of the worst AIDS outbreaks in the country since the 80s, was not good.

>Electing Donald Trump as president is sort of like letting a drunk squirrel drive your car. Sure! it seems like a funny idea and you might get a few laughs out of watching him use the steering wheel, but all you are going to end up with is a burning wreckage piloted by a fluffy ball of death. NO MR. SQUIRREL! YOUR MOUTH IS FULL OF NUTS AND YOU CAN'T EVEN REACH THE BREAK PEDAL!

Attached: 1474423133980.jpg (2000x1333, 273K)

Nothing I said was wrong.

>This week everyone has been talking about Breixt, a name that sounds like it should be some kind of cereal! like an extreme Readybrek! However unfortunately we have now learned that the young people of Britain will not be having a Cheeri-EU-o future thanks to the voting of a xenophobic generation who's idea of fun was imperialistic colonialism!

Attached: 1504395649119.jpg (2560x1707, 365K)

Jesus Christ, Machiavellian? It was because the right plays politics better and realized that they should appear to embrace their 'populist' movement and then just turn it right back toward corporatist garbage. Once the writing was on the wall, they got real and Trump played ball and gave them all the banking regulation easing, israel dick-sucking, and tax cuts their little hearts desired.
You're right about megalomania being a requirement for the presidency.

>video is not available
>go to the channel
>doesn't exist
what's goin on here, I can watch all his other videos

Actually everything you said was misrepresented talking points and personal attacks that you've heard from talking heads on the internet and television, and then regurgitated as your own opinion.

>types out this unnecessarily long 'u mad?'
>provides nothing to the discourse
>calls others ignorant
it's /pol/ alright

Attached: 1541628265094.png (250x280, 29K)

TONIGHT WE HAVE TO ADDRESS THE ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM, MICHAEL BLOOMBERG AND HIS *APPALLING* STOP AND FRISK POLICY! I MEAN AND YOU THOUGHT DRUMPF WAS A RACIST!

Attached: faggotlimeybrit.gif (786x875, 1.23M)

I listed specific real examples and you can look up yourself.

>I heard it on CNN therefore it must be true!
*yawn*

Hey guys I really hate jews just like you! Vote for a jew please.

>americans thinking that "limey" is some kind of cutting insult
lmao

You have COVID-19. Sorry.

does "wanker" still have any potency

Attached: 1566347795134.png (914x511, 666K)

>Tonight's story: Yea Forums. You know what you get when you mix deep self loathing and extended periods of lack of sex? Yeah. Yea Forums. Now Yea Forums is a Japanese cartoon television and film board that discusses anything but television and film. Like how fox news discusses anything but news. The point is that Yea Forums is full of some of the most wonderful anonymous posters across the internet. We have the "Sneedposter", the "brapposter" and of course who could forget those that have an unhealthy obsession for young girls, the "cunnyposter"! This oddball collection of disenfranchised young man are all governed by all seeing big brother known to them as the "Jannie". A position that pays exactly the same amount that people would pay to have sex with Donald Trump. Nothing!

Attached: 13OLIVER-superJumbo.jpg (2048x1365, 379K)

>What do you guys think of Last Week Tonight with John Oliver?
The show has potential, the idea is good, but John Oliver just has really, really bad takes. He also fell under the delusion that it was his job to save the world and to run a crusade instead of, you know, to tell jokes. Jon Stewart is partially to blame for this: it used to be they'd just tell jokes about the news, but when The Daily Show became the number one news source for young, college aged people, Jon Stewart and others (like John Oliver and Colbert and so on) began to take the show very, very seriously. The beginning of the end was definitely when Jon Stewart went on Crossfire and preached at them. Not saying he was wrong there, and it was a good moment in television that everyone should watch (he basically verbally slaps the tie off Tucker Carlson, paving the way for Tucker Carlson's road to redemption), but it also marks a point where he stops being a funnyman entertainer and becomes a jerk who gets high off his own farts. And that's what John Oliver is, a man who loves to hear himself speak because he believes every word that comes out of his gnarled maw is sweet golden manna. But with the right host, with someone who is actually a comedian and actually tells jokes and actually tries to be funny, the show could work well.

Attached: 26b.jpg (847x431, 89K)

He managed to involve "racism" at least twice. Some guy criticizes China for being a fucking shithole? Racist.
Embarrassing.

pretty good/10

Imagine being a fan of this guy.

Attached: 8fc.jpg (680x714, 90K)

>No it wasn't, it was a ton of stupid people voting for someone that they could understand speak.
People voted for him because they don't want their country to become North Mexico.
>has released top secret info to the public and to Russia that if anyone else had done would have literally been treason, and and is easily manipulated by guys like Erdogan, Xi, Kim, and of course Putin.
There are plenty of problems with Zion Don, but this criticism is one of the dumbest things I've ever read.

holy fuck i feel like this could be 100% real but also just made using a john oliver bot

>people ITT claiming trump is not part of the elite
absolutely deluded

>He's literally fucking stupid

Attached: 1561039794390.png (757x492, 768K)

He seems nice.

I like him and the show

i dont know which there is more of these days on Yea Forums anymore: ironic liberals or ironic Trumpers?

Why though? It's the most lame, NPC shit ever.

>it's only "it's just the flu bro" shill
>in less than two months, it's spread to every continent but Antarctica
>asian, who have a general fit population, is getting ravished, while america who has an obesity and poor health population is gearing up for a mass extinction

on topic, his show was only good the first year because they at least attempted to be bipartison if you can believe it. since then, the topics he discusses are tired and annoyingly left leaning

Attached: 1566014598452.png (1266x821, 536K)

BLONALB BRUMFF

Have you ever actually watched it or are you just parroting the Yea Forums hivemind opinion

I like the show and I largely agree with his perspective, but it's fundamentally opposite to the old Daily Show.

John Stewart used politics to get laughs. It was a comedy show.
Last week Tonight, is a political show, that uses comedy to inform people.

Politics in service of comedy
and comedy in service of politics

This. It's honestly racist, sexist, xenophobic, homophobic, transphobic etc if you don't agree with Oliver.

To the 'right wing' people here, who actually watch this (if there are any), obviously you're going to disagree with his position on large issues that are on your wavelength already.

But do you find yourself disagreeing with his perspective on the more obscure issues, which they frequently cover, that you didn't already have an established position on?

Attached: amandla-stenberg-2.jpg (1220x2000, 369K)

>more obscure issues

Nigger you are implying everyone is lazy as you and if we don't get our info from one talking head it MUST be another. There are certain taboos in his ideology that can never be broken. He'll never say certain things no matter how demonstrably evident

Why are British people such insufferable faggots. I have yet to meet a Pom that isn't miserable and mentally ill.

why is America the country with the highest death rate?

I have seen really little of him but I thought his hit piece on corruption in college sports was pretty good.

What, so you had a strong position on compounding pharmacies and Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedow already?

I don't even really understand what you're trying to say.

>People voted for him because they don't want their country to become North Mexico
that is a blatant lie
no one who genuinely cares about illegal immigration would ever vote for fucking donald trump, the guy who built his empire on illegal immigrant labor and still, to this day as he sits in the white house, knowingly and intentionally hires illegal immigrants
hell, HIS WIFE is an illegal immigrant who chain migrated her entire family here from eastern europe

the people that voted for him are the people use """"illegal immigration"""" as an allegory for racism
notice how none of his supporters care about illegal immigration from canada, despite visa overstays from canada making the biggest portion of illegal immigration today? because those illegal immigrants are the correct skin color.

Attached: illegal_immigration.png (592x524, 12K)

>I don't even really understand what you're trying to say.

That's cause you are a big dummy, read books even lefty ones, this infotainment shit is for goo brains

Literally everything you said was ad-homs.

>notice how none of his supporters care about illegal immigration from canada

Lol racism bad!

Attached: 1575423173402.png (756x768, 131K)

>Machiavellian-tier plan
Im amazed you dick suckers really think this. By all accounts Trump is a buffoon that doesnt even bother to read or pay attention during briefings, he literally has zero idea what he is doing. Its everyone around him using their chance to push their own agendas, the real Machiavellian villian is Mitch Mcconnel.

>Experts
Yeah, like the corrupt clods of the WHO.

>because those illegal immigrants are the correct skin color.

Everyone knows white people are a net benefit user, sorry but it's true. Racism doesn't make you rape and murder

But "mutt" is, huh?

>To the 'right wing' people here, who actually watch this [...]
>doesn't even watch it
cool so you couldn't even process a basic question but you thought you'd reply to it with an irellevant tangent about how smart and well informed you are?

You might not like it but this is what an average american will look like in 7 years

Attached: 1567338967146.png (650x559, 13K)

Do we need to change the names of the categories to make people understand?
Caucasians
Amerindians
Bantus

Tell me this is fake! I dare you

Attached: 1562992049839.jpg (480x472, 31K)

>asian, who have a general fit population
lolwat

And you probably chug soi and Tweet about racism.

Apparently, it always strikes a nerve with you mutts.

I don't think I said anything about "illegal immigration", I said something about America becoming Mexican. You can not expect Americans to just let that happen, legal or otherwise.

>no one cares about illegal immigration, they are just racist
>"yes we are racist but never call us racist or we will get mad"
LOL

>asian, who have a general fit population
You know that there is more to Asia than just Japan and Korea?

>the people that voted for him are the people use """"illegal immigration"""" as an allegory for racism
Holy shit I can SMELL your fucking Chap Tranny Patreon Subscription from here.

>Trump is elite, user.

They despise his non-elite mannerisms and he doesn't tow their line.

Lol magic soil and not the close proximity to white people is why theywant to immigrate. Why are they from shitholes? what could it be? Even if you use the excuse they've been exploited how come they let it happen? too stupid and weak

so you agree that you are racist and that your vote has nothing to do with quality of life and everything to do with some retarded racist ideal about skin color ratio among the american population?

>notice how none of his supporters care about illegal immigration from canada
Ah yes, the waves of illegals, guns, drugs and human trafficking that come from Canada.

No I'm openly racist and have traveled the world. White people make great places to live but as soon as we are outbred you people will be destroying everything the west has built

Attached: 1573437867020.jpg (1800x1211, 513K)

>Spam meaningless /pol/ buzzwords like a faggot
>HMMMMMMM STRUCK A NERVE DID I? HMMMMMMM

does the truth anger you that much little boy?
nothing i've said is even remotely wrong, and this thread and the reactions to my posts prove it
trump voters vote against the united states and its interests, and for their own biases
liberals vote for the united states and its people
liberals are the only patriots left in this country

I've watched it twice. I'm not some /pol/fag or anything but this shit just fucking stinks.

ballpoint pen

You seem really angry at that other user, dude.

>the west has built
western civilization was built by non-white (good) races
whites leech of the knowledge, resources, and productivity of better races for whites' survival
whites are literal parasites

By that logic "Limey" apparently also "strikes a nerve", queer.

Not gonna watch but we just dropped 4 bill in food and prep. Tons of meat frozen, tons of cans, rice pasta, dines all of it. Worst case I don't buy pork or asana for a few weeks or end up having chowder for lunch for a while.

Feels good. Got one of those vignette rack shelves last year, put it right in the dining room and have filled it up in dry goods ever since. It's cheaper but with corona it's been a godsend. Other than ammo and a bit more water we could last maybe two months in a pinch.

which episodes did you watch?
why did they stink?

t: mutt

>you're racist

Attached: right.png (593x498, 6K)

How so, mutt?

>liberals are the only patriots left in this country

And yet they despise any display of Americana and treat it as gauche and parochial. You can't pretend to be patriotic when you call american history racist .No one is buying it

>if i pretend that brown illegal immigrants are worse than white ones than i can justify my racism!
just admit you are a racist like all the other posters
either that or start calling for melania's departation and the shutdown of trump's properties

You posted a bunch of bullshit and everyone has picked it apart already.
It is also zero surprise you type and post like an illiterate mongoloid.

no one is "pretending"
liberals are the patriots
trump voters are the traitors

>You can't pretend to be patriotic when you call american history racist
identifying slavery as racist does not undo patriotism, it strengthens it

>western civilization was built by non-white (good) races
Good one, Mohammed

The Confedaracy and WWE ones. I didn't even disagree with some of the shit he said (especially in the WWE episode), but the guy's just a bland faggot. The fact that he's a lefty cuck is just icing on the cake.

>pretend

Attached: 1583302180457.jpg (960x960, 71K)

cast him

cope. name a theorem or physical law that wasn't discovered by whitey.

It upsets you enough to post/complain about it ITT.

>slavery

Attached: 1567555758370.jpg (620x661, 302K)

I'm not British. Owned.

LOL
how fucking delusional are you kid
no one has challenged anything i posted - the exact opposite actually
i said that no one who votes for trump cares about illegal immigration and are actually just racist, and everyone flat out ADMITTED THEY ARE ACTUALLY RACIST proving me 100% correct

you all admitted that i am right, and now you are pretending i'm wrong because the facts of the world hurt your feelings? you are so fucking pathetic its hilarious

I think he's a kikeniggerfaggot who will be dead soon just like the kike in the sticky

Attached: 9e7.jpg (249x249, 16K)

I hate to break it to you bro but being worth more than like $5 million makes you elite. According to Peter Thiel, if you’re worth more than something like $500,000,000, you can get a meeting with basically anybody on the planet. That’s elite.

I sure as hell wouldn't want Germans to become a minority here in Germany, and I don't know anyone who would, outside of a few far left loons. I assume Americans feel the same way.

Don't get too cocky. There are probably a handful.

shut the fuck up mayoid

Attached: 1562991971063.png (480x621, 364K)

It's genuinely awful.

Nobody needs to "pretend'.
The negative effects of illegal immigration come primarily from the Southern Border and your faggot ass knows it.
As per usual any attempt at stopping the constant flow of illegal immigrants is labeled as "racism" because that is the ONLY argument the smooth brain of a Leftist can produce.

I'm unironically racist

yes truthful statements tend to be "good ones"

literally all of them
greeks, romans, chinese, and ancient egyptians developed modern mathmatics, science, and democracy
western civilization is founded on the work of these non-white civilizations
whites are sub-human barbarians that steal from better races and try to claim credit for what they stole

>brown illegal immigrants are worse than white ones
lmao but they are retard. Illegal white people are just citizens of white countries. Illegal brown people are just citizens of brown countries. Are you really going to try and pretend the average canadian isn't more productive than the average mexican?

It upsets you enough that even non-British people are whining? Even better.

>and I don't know anyone who would

Attached: 1570686264604.jpg (900x1046, 262K)

>No one has challenged anything i posted
They did. You just keep ignoring it.

>negative effects of illegal immigration
again, no one who thinks illegal immigration is bad would ever support donald trump
see my first fucking post either read the thread or go back to r/t_d where you belong

nope, they just whine and complain that i proved them wrong LOL

I don't like his humour

>again, no one who thinks illegal immigration is bad would ever support donald trump
Who DO they vote for then? You Jeep failing to answer that.

Wait so I should be racist? why?

Attached: 1581413739217.jpg (1024x658, 117K)

>greeks, romans, chinese, and ancient egyptians
>developed modern mathmatics, science
lol no they're closer to cavemen than they are to us. Humanity didn't start until the industrial revolution. Everything before then is just part of the extended neolithic period.

Whatever you have to tell yourself, darky.

The Greeks and Romans weren't White, but the Chinese and Egyptians were. The true redpill. The truth has been hidden from you.

WE

>no one who genuinely cares about illegal immigration would ever vote for fucking donald trump, the guy who built his empire on illegal immigrant labor and still, to this day as he sits in the white house, knowingly and intentionally hires illegal immigrants

He is the only person to ever say he was going to actually do something about stopping illegal immigration. Romney and Bush talked about "gettin' tuff" on it but never had a plan or the will. Trump explicitly said what he'd do, and he has increased deportations by removing the chains from ICE. The anti-border people have had decades of free reign and Trump is the first pro-border President in at least 30 years.

Bad teeth ass having mother fucker. Ole fish and chips ass, Ky jelly packin ass nigga. Take yo for queen and country ass back to your muslim infested shit hole and leave us to our own problem. Ole cricket ass nigga.

Shut your mouth fool

Attached: 1562991784474.jpg (320x540, 45K)

No, seriously. Look into it. During antiquity, the Greeks and Romans were Black, and the Chinese and Egyptians were White.

>The Greeks and Romans weren't White, but the Chinese and Egyptians were.

Attached: rage-face_le-derp.jpg (512x512, 23K)

Trump actually dramatically reduced immigration both illegal and legal. Whether through means testing, or making them stay in the first safe country- Trump has actually done something.

Fuck off spic

you tell him king

Attached: 1562992121193.png (933x609, 913K)

What the fuck is even the data on that graph. It’s all in %. It means absolutely nothing as to your point you dumbass.

Living proof that the Gell-Mann Amnesia Hypothesis is true. Watch an episode on a topic you're informed about and prepare to be enraged.

were is the proof?

Ohhhh is we?!?

These people are evil, Adam Connover did an episode on how its ok for women to wait till they are forty to have kids! Even though invitro doesn't work most of the time!

>no one who thinks illegal immigration is bad would ever support donald trump
>see my first fucking post
Your graph is literally percents that sum to 100. Even if he reduced it by 50 times, the graph would still have 4 bars that sum to 100%. The graph actually just looks like him cutting back mexican immigration, causing all other sections to rise proportionally.

You aren't very good at guessing

could you be any more of a pseud

Loser

I'm so sick of hearing about this stupid virus, it's literally nothing. People act like we're about to be wiped out. More people died shark attacks and lightning than this stupid cold

It’s like a post-apocalyptic movie where everyone forgot how civilization and technology works but real life. Crazy.

I don't know, man, I'm a negative guy buy at least try to seem positive for those around me. These guys Oliver, Stewart, Colbert and Bee spew negative rhetoric everywhere they can, let's move past the past and get to work. I'm sick this enabling people to be little more than victims.

current year man is good when dealing with internal bureaucracy topics of some nations. But the left wing politics comes on too strong. They do not present both sides of the argument/issue anymore like they tried to in first season. My politics don't align 100% with theirs so it's half pandering stupidity, half enlightening entertainment.

>not wanting unelected foreigners to make your laws is imperialistic colonialism
globalists are scum

>I'm so sick
You're about to be even more sick

So this is the power of Jewish finances.

Attached: 428297DC-DD69-4FBA-BBEA-657C0F27F798.jpg (680x357, 41K)

Okay so how big is this coronavirus thing?

There will be major disruption for a period of 1 or 2 weeks.
People will panic and rush supermarkets.
Stock up on 1 to 2 weeks worth of food until it all blows over.

thats FOX NEWS

>%
Holy shit you're retarded

That was such a good line

Attached: 1462371675782.jpg (1920x1080, 1.2M)

*CNN

cancerous and ignorant

The main problem is that he vastly values comedy over reality which is fine for a comedy show, but then he tries to make serious points. That undermines any topic - you have to research yourself to check what is real, what is exaggerated and what was made up. Most people just aren't going to bother. Stewart had this a little as well, but Oliver exacerbates the problem.

Half his comedy is literally narrating family guy cut away bits

>billion
he has 50 million max, too much allready

>No it wasn't, it was a ton of stupid people voting for someone that they could understand speak.

But he didn't win the black vote...?

>no, you

>coronavirus bad!
>but let me tell you about trump!

jesus christ

remember tht time John tried to kill WWE and nobody cared?

remember that time when John did literally anything in the last half a decade aside from be current year man? Because I sure as shit don't. Who watches this shit?

Seeth my son!!! SEETH!!

All media!!

Ok commie

problem with these shows isn't necessarily that they're all individually terrible (though some are), its that theres too many of them and they're utterly interchangeable and predictable atp

Blame the daily show

Correct.

If he was why would the entire cast of holywood elites and corporate overlords be so united against him and pro whoever runs on the other side?
please pay attention.

Attached: 1583286987248.jpg (640x463, 46K)

no. septic tank.

He so elite that every major newspaper/news outlet and high profile figure out there called him a fascist and said he shouldn’t be elected by the plebs.

used to be good, but now, trump bleating over and over..

Just because Trump's full of shit doesn't mean the experts aren't. The experts are a significant part of the reason it's gotten as bad as it has

>nothing to do with quality of life
Less non-whites=higher QoL

wat? and why would anyone care about the WWE?

After that interview with his ambassador to Germany, I think Trump is one of the few people in America who has spine enough to actually lead his people to a better tomorrow.

>>in less than two months
Infections started in October. It takes a fair amount of time to result in symptoms.

>no one who genuinely cares about illegal immigration would ever vote for fucking donald trump
And yet I did. Because the alternative options were proposing the opposite or underplaying its importance.

Accurate.

What the fuck is with that bizarre joke about Adam Driver about halfway through? Do people actually find this funny?