Did it age well?

Did it age well?

Attached: 71Cd0ZvtxEL._AC_SY879_.jpg (583x879, 119K)

no he's a white male

it still has it's moments but it shows it's age

Like fine wine my man, like fine wine.

Attached: images (24).jpg (367x550, 34K)

It's timeless.

It's marketed with that cursive font and "quirky" style that was popular with hipsters in the 2000s, although we called them "indie kids" back then. There were a few memes out of it. All of those parts are very dated.

It aged well only in the sense that one of the themes is how slow time moves in small towns, which is why it's set in 2004 but could just have easily been made any time between the 1950s and the 1990s and it would be hard to tell the difference. This is where the movie ages well by design. If you've ever lived anywhere similar to the movie's setting you'll recognize a lot of similarities.

Soundtrack is legendary

The film reminds me of the all the Aussie country towns I've lived in. It's so startlingly accurate...

A lot of small towns in the United States, too. not just the part of the midwest where Napoleon Dynamite is set. Lots of places where if you ignore the make and model of cars and computers it looks like nothing's changed in 40 years. 4H/Future Farmers of America clubs as a main social activity for bored kids was also realistic.

Definitely the kind of places where you'd find a lot of awkward and creative but not all that bright people like Napoleon and Pedro who mostly live inside their own heads.

Yep

Yes

>how much you want to bet I could throw a football over them mountains

>We're as far away from 2004 as 2004 was from 1988
>If Napoleon Dynamite were made today, Uncle Rico would be talking about how he almost became a football pro in the early 2000s

Attached: 1542825028780.jpg (233x198, 7K)

Stop with this "aging well" shit. 99.99% of the time if something was quality at the time of it's release, it's quality every year afterward.
Why you zoomer faggots love to ask this question I don't know.

sometimes when I wake up, for just a split second I think it's still 2005.

Attached: 1493411152669.png (540x347, 331K)

Wrong.
Uncle Rico kept saying "back in 82" not 88.

idk Sixteen Candles aged pretty fucking badly

your mom goes to college

>idk Sixteen Candles aged pretty fucking badly
No it didn't. It's a good movie about teenage angst, young romance, and a girl not knowing her place in her little circle of life. What about it has "aged" you dumb faggot?

classics don't age

is sixeen caqndies the one where she gives the nerd her panties?
All those gen x zoomer moives jumble in my head

>is sixeen caqndies the one where she gives the nerd her panties?
Yes.

fucking Mexicans

Absolute kino. Just watched it again yesterday

cringe and bluepilled

1/3rd of the movie is the main plot. The other 2/3rds:
>Watch this bro lose his virginity to someone who isn't sober or conscious enough to consent because that's not date rape at all, right?
>le funny foreign character does le funny thing

Bad movie.

I was starting my senior year of high school when Napoleon Dynamite came out and I can vividly remember talking my friends in to going to see it after school one Wednesday and having the theater to ourselves. I will never have a better cinema experience. No one else knew what the hell we were always talking about until the movie took off on dvd that christmas. That'll have been sixteen years in a few months...

Attached: bobby7.jpg (291x318, 47K)

>>Watch this bro lose his virginity to someone who isn't sober or conscious enough to consent because that's not date rape at all, right?
Holy fuck stop being a faggot. Just because a movie doesn't conform to your bullshit modern "consent" laws doesn't mean its bad. And that was a great b-plot. Movies have to have multiple plots dummy.
>>le funny foreign character does le funny thing
It was funny. Oh, you're offended by funny Asians and Apu from the Simpsons, right?
Fuck off back to tiktok you retarded zoomer faggot.

Kill yourself faggot.

TINA YOU FAT LARD

Trisha > Summer Wheatly > Deb

Fight me.

And you've done nothing since then. Great job retard.

I don't even get "aging well" in terms of movies. It's bad enough when people throw around that phrase in terms of video games, but at least video games are hands on, and the mechanics maybe could feel rough. But even then, it's almost always zoomers bitching about nothing.

According to retarded zoomers games like Mario 3 and Chrono Trigger haven't "aged well" because there's no DLCs or FMV cutscenes.
People say the old Resident Evils were poorly controller, but that was a problem (not a big problem, but a problem) even back then.

>consent
>rape
>>>/Reddit/

Get AIDS and die nigger

You want to see a movie that aged badly? Empire Records.

>You want to see a movie that aged badly? Empire Records.
Explain why faggot. Empire Records is a good movie with a great soundtrack.
Give me specific reasons as to why it aged badly you zoomer tard.

the wedding ending ruins this shit so hard

>the wedding ending ruins this shit so hard
That was tacked on after the fact by the studio.
And what exactly does it ruin?
>Kip giving his epic "I love technology" song
>the black members looking on in complete disappointment

It was boring as fuck. Overhyped trash.

Weird, I was in HS when this came out too and I remember most people knowing about it right away

>It was boring as fuck. Overhyped trash.
Zoomer pleb detected. Go back to Fortnite streams.

I always forget how fucking funny it is that she's so fucking black lol

>not just the part of the midwest where Napoleon Dynamite is set
>midwest
It's set in Idaho you mongoloid, a white state with topography, not flat goy-grid cornsyrup Hell.

Attached: 15123613463.jpg (730x796, 143K)

Based. Summer has already hit her peak and Trisha never even hit full puberty yet in High School.

Gb2 tvtropes and complain there

Yes.

Starting from like 2011-onward much of rural, midwest and southern america advanced into perpetual nu-metal/juggalo/wigger chic and out of the cute/awkward napoleon dynamite chic.

The transition started as a result of the '08 recession: everybody got so depressed, broke and hopeless that they got into meth and opiods. and by the early 10's the white trash-monster energy sort of thing swallowed it whole.

t. ex-small town idahoan.

>monster energy responsible for the death of metal juggalos and wiggers
I'm intrigued go on.

>Overhyped trash
It didn't get hyped up until it came out on dvd because normies were too embarrassed to see it in theaters like the cowards they are.

I say this as someone who loves the film to this day: no. It was already purposely dated in 2004, and to the audience of today (ie, teens in 2020) it likely comes across as a purely "quirky 2000s movie". For teens in 2004 it will never age but that was almost 20 years ago now.
>source: have shit wageslave job and any reference I make to what I consider a classic must-see comedy go over zoomer heads

Only about 40% of Idaho has any topography to it. Most of the southern area is a flat as a pancake valley with nothing but agricultural shit dotted by a few small towns here and there.