This is a thinly veiled cinema thread

What were his favorite books?

Attached: d-w-griffith-1920-crop.jpg (242x339, 25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uKUChOwam_M
letterboxd.com/Smoothhands/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

How do I graduate from vapid cinephile favorites like Bresson and appreciate the real shit?

Attached: 1513132216034.jpg (800x450, 45K)

watch john ford

But he's the original cinephile meme

Griffith, Stroheim, Chaplin, Eisenstein and Sternberg are all GOAT

Selected Shizoramblings by G.F.F.T.H Faggot

Keaton is better than Chaplin, sentimental crybabies BTFO

john ford is pseud repellant

Confirmed for not having watched any of his post-Tramp films. Monsieur Verdoux is far from sentimental.

I disagree, Chaplin's endings are hugely ambiguous and by the whole underlying pessimism of the tramp getting walked over throughout the whole film suggests you should probably expect the worst. The one exception is probably Modern Times. Not a tramp film but Monsieur Verdoux is the only film to have left me feeling ill, as it's probably the best critique on film of the European condition which led to the Holocaust but put in intimate terms. And for comparison I find Haneke's treatment of the same thing in the white ribbon laughable. Keaton is actually more sentimental as he has happy ending. Just because he has an I passive face people think he's some modernist abyss of irresolvable absurdity. He's not. Harold Lloyds a fag tho, we can all agree.

Wrong but still based for dismissing Haneke.

What Stroheim have u seen besides Greed?

Ask Tarantino about John Ford lol

what does that faggot say about ford?

lloyds is a qt tho

The Wedding March and Foolish Wives, my favourite is the former

What you'd expect him to say. His movies are offensive, The Searchers is overrated, and he's racist. The typical bland commentary you'd expect from somebody that makes movies only saying Men are bad (Kill Bill), Nazis are bad, and Slave-owners are bad

I'll watch them then. I saw the fragmented 4 hour Greed and loved it. Have you seen Abel Gance's Napoleon?

>promote KKK in movie
>critics call me out for it
>make movie about intolerance because they don't tolerate my views

Attached: tenor.gif (220x188, 23K)

I haven't, have never had the time to set aside to watch it. Have been meaning to though.

But have your true masterpiece unknown to many

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-04-29 at 3.54.45 PM.png (474x664, 566K)

fuck that faggot, im gonna rewatch the searchers RIGHT FUCKING NOW

I'm the same way that, Children of Paradise, A Brighter Summer Day, and The Leopard. I might use a week off from work and just watch those four lol.

Maybe Bression is actually great and you're just an insecure brainlet who can't enjoy his own hobby ?

Based user. Keaton is vastly superior. What's your favorite film from him?

youtube.com/watch?v=uKUChOwam_M
What are some movies that celebrate autism WITHOUT prettifying it?

Yeah, it's tough to fit them in between work and studying. Children of Paradise is fantastic, and The Leopard is a solid adaptation (though I do much prefer the novel, one of all my all-time favourites). Was never a fan of Edward Yang.

Submarine

Did Tarantino really "steal his dialogue from Gaddis" or did some sperg just say that a couple of times? Is there an interview where he alludes to this or anything? I mean I guess I could see it even if user was just bullshitting.

This is the first time I get an answer that isn't obviously wrong. I'll check it out.

Based

Attached: How-Green-Was-My-Valley-review.jpg (514x343, 54K)

what to watch after youve seen most of these.

What of Edward Yang's have you watched?

They're the best of the bunch, but I quite like Demille, James Cruze, Tourneur (both Jacques and Maurice) and Henry King.
Yi-Yi is the only one I've seen, but wasn't fond of it, so haven't gone on to watch the rest of his work.

So I watched Das Boot.
Fuck I love this movie.

Next I'll be watching Battleship Potemkin

Yi Yi sucks. did you see in the mood for love?

Not him but I did.
I fell asleep a couple of times and got really confused with the characters.
Half of the time I couldn't tell if they were cheating or not, some great shots though

That's Wong Kar-Wai, no?

watch one of his earlier films, like Terrorizers or Taipei Story, when Yang started to develop his style, maybe you'd like it more.

>So I watched Das Boot.
Which version? The full one I hope

The Original Uncut Version, also with enhanced audio and video quality in German .

This, Chaplin literally back out of doing a scene with Keaton because Keaton beat him in his own film

gute Auswahl, user

Keaton is funnier, more talented at staunts and even more creative
Salinger rightly criticized him

I'm not sure about that

Broken Blossoms is better, roastie

you can start by following me (the king of kino [the smooth])
letterboxd.com/Smoothhands/
then maybe
MAYBE
you will gain some semblance of taste
and stop being gigantic embryos
DOUBTFUL

terrible taste

Cringe

care to point out one thing that is in poor taste

only watched 62 films from the 1910s. how do you expect anyone to take your opinion seriously.

>Birth of a Nation that high
>Sherlock Jr, Dr Mabuse, Ben Hur that low
awful

oh yeah.. they seethin

Attached: tenor.gif (300x268, 656K)

god i want pokimane on my pokidick

based&pokipilled

Attached: 75wzxwsc54g01.gif (241x255, 2.56M)

She doesn't look good enough idk thicc ass is absent

bun

lmao this made my night