How did this movie get such bad reviews? Maybe it's a little dumb (more over-the-top than anything) but it's fun...

How did this movie get such bad reviews? Maybe it's a little dumb (more over-the-top than anything) but it's fun, looked great, and had great characters.

I feel like if this movie came out now, it would be a huge hit, but something in 1999 caused it to get terrible reviews. Were people just worn out with Will Smith?

Attached: 515h1jx34fL._SX342_[1].jpg (342x440, 37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zV3AZFuaJVQ
youtube.com/watch?v=CPhXKak_bHw
youtube.com/watch?v=g6aleKfM_AA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I watched it for the first time a few months ago and disliked it. Maybe I would have liked it when it first came out, but having just watched Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter a few weeks prior, this didn't live up to the Yea Forums hype.

Anything in particular you didn't care for? You have to at least admit that Loveless is a great villain

youtube.com/watch?v=zV3AZFuaJVQ

It's kino. Racist, sexist, cripple jokes galore. Everyone had great chemistry. Salma was at her hottest and Shakespearian Kenneth Branagh just hamming it the fuck up. Great movie.

>Anything in particular you didn't care for? You have to at least admit that Loveless is a great villain
Loveless was great. Having only seen it the one time, I can't remember a lot, but I'm usually a Will Smith fan and this one just didn't work for me.

I remember liking it as a kid, think I had like Burger King toys from it, and salma gave me some boners.

I watched it when it came out and it’s trash.

Burger King definitely did but I don't remember what they were. I watched this movie maybe a hundred times when I was a kid and there was a ton of hype around it before release

Ah, a fellow man of culture.

Attached: 20200225_085343.jpg (1080x1375, 465K)

I wanna say it had something to do with the mechanical spider, maybe it was one of those toys you assemble through each happy meal you get

I've been watching you since you were born and you're trash

Will Smith shucking and jiving for 2 hours. Jewish sidekick. Mexican Femme fatale. Very diverse cast.

Good question. I remember I liked it when it came out and so did everyone I knew who watched it. It's a fun comedy and the trailers didn't make it look like something it's not. Critics are their own little circle though, maybe Smith or the Director ruffled their feathers somehow.

Reminder that Will Smith gave up starring as Neo in the Matrix Trilogy to do this movie. I was entertained by WWW, but that was a horrible career move.

They race swapped the main character to a nigger for early woke points and boomer critics were pissed

Wild Wild West aged better than Matrix though.

>if this movie came out now
you would piss your pants because they made the main character a nigger

It was to the original Wild Wild West as Ghostbusters (2016) was to the original Ghostbusters

>a little dumb
user, no. It's real dumb.

Just because The Matrix was huge in our reality doesn't mean everything would have turned out the same in a reality where Will Smith played Neo

>remake a classic tv show
>”I know! Let’s cast a nigger in it!”
hollywood will never learn

It's dumb in a fun way. Not bad writing, just crazy writing. It had style.

The woke points were cancelled out by not casting a midget or even a real disabled person to play Loveless. They changed some stuff around for the sake of the story but it all worked

damn, was he a dixie?

>it all worked
>nigger cowboy
good joke

Wow, that is so fucking bad. The accent, the dialogue, everything.

The accent is perfect

Lots of cowboys were niggers. Do you even history?

No, it's really bad.

not the history that involves cnn shoving it’s tranny cock down your faggot throat

what a gay thing to say.
Repressed much?

In no tangible way is it bad. I don't know what you think he's going for but he nailed the aristocratic old west southern gentleman accent

Was it just me or during that scene where the bath tub thing falls apart for a second or two you can see will smiths hairy balls?

>r-repressed m-much
fuck off. tranny freak

No, he didn't.

At least he wasnt Sean Connery passing up LOTR and $400 mill because he didn't understand it.

>Welllll, you know beautiful women, they'll build you up and then CUT THE LEGS out from under you the next.

>...
>...
>Nigger.

Burger King had a Wild Wild West burger with onion rings and bbq sauce it was fucking great.

This movie couldn't be made today. Its full of sexist and racist humor. I haven't watched it in along time but I loved it when it came out.

There is no such thing as “aristocratic old west”

I can only imagine what your mangled dick looks like you ameritard mutt faggot

Oh fuck off. Nobody cares if a new movie, featuring a totally new story, has a black lead. It's blackwashing of traditionally or historically white characters that upsets people and for good reason.

>Its full of sexist and racist humor.
>he hasn’t seen a transformers or fast and furious movie

They can't make a movie like this anymore. Diverse casts of the 80's 90's and early 2000's where nice and comfy.

You sound like a massive faggot. Keep standing by while whites are erased and dilate like a good little tranny

Wait this is based on something else? I thought it was just a fun blockbuster. There must have been people rageing back then about Smith being casts. Oh well it's a good movie.

It always cracks me up when Yea Forums accidentally leaves their nostalgia goggles on and pushes sjw shit like a fucking cowboy movie with a nigger and spic as the lead.

Fucking hilarious

Too racist with the jokes. 90s is when kikes wanted to start pushing racemixing and diversity big time. No room for racial jokes.

This isn't /pol. I didn't realize that this was based on a earlier series though so now it makes sense that people where pissed.

>This isn't /pol
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

The best thing to come from this movie:
youtube.com/watch?v=CPhXKak_bHw

You meant to post this

That is debatable.

based giant spider man got his way
fuck off kevin smith

>race swapped main character to be a nigger
>villain is le evil white man
>directed by a jew
based hollywood

Will Smith is whiter than you.

>original tv show was full of fist fights and stunts actually done by the Robert Conrad
>he even cracked his skull open doing a stunt and almost died
>the remake just has a niggers ass and balls on camera within the first five minutes
so based

>Yea Forums poster defending a nigger
I’m going to frame that post

Casting Will Smith Smith barely counts as woke.

movie sucks big time