Will future generations look back on our generation as a bunch of idiots for not giving a genius visionary like Shane...

Will future generations look back on our generation as a bunch of idiots for not giving a genius visionary like Shane Carruth the praise he rightfully deserves?

Attached: upstreamcolor_jeffbridge_3000x1277__large.jpg (1400x1400, 98K)

They'll consider him a pretentious retard for not realizing that filmmaking is a collaborative work.

Even turning down the option of crowdfunding or Netflix original cause his movie will be labeled A kick-starter or Netflix movie. A big loss really, don't he know that as much as his talent is his he still have to share it with the world, imagine if Einstein said fuck it I'm not publishing this shit.

maybe

I didn't care for Upstream Color at all. The editing felt like a poorly done Malick movie. The performances of everyone but Shane and the lead girl where godawful, flagrantly bad. The clumsy inclusion of Walden's work was a very transparent attempt to give the film clout in film snob circles. The story was pretty cool tho
Should I check out Primer, or will I not like it either?

I wish he took the nolan route and sold out for a couple movies so he could get the clout he needed to make what he wanted like nolan with inception.

He is a mystery to me, a hugely wasted oppurtunity. You get the impression he didnt have the chuzpe and the strength to evolve his ideas, learn and collaborate, like Garland or Villeneuve. He got stuck and got lost somewhere in this process of artistic self actualization, which is a goddamn tragedy because I think there is a phenomenal film maker in him. But if you see how he treated every other project after Upstream Colour you cant help but think this dude is lost in his own head.

They are really nothing alike. Primer is VERY heady and takes a lot to fully follow and comprehend whats happening but its not left to interpretation like Upstream color is.
Its far better imho but i what i liked about primer was figuring it out. (I saw it as a teen and it was a "im 14 and this is deep" sort of way)

Yeah you're right, we should find him and bully him into making kino

Primer was boring. It's primarily enjoyed by reddit nerds who like jerking off to the complicated time travel narrative. It's an intellectual exercise, not enjoyable as a film at all.

>Its far better imho but i what i liked about primer was figuring it out.

retard

>It's an intellectual exercise

another retard. The point of Primer isn't figuring out all the timelines.

maybe, but he's perfect for short films doe.

hi shane, i liked primer

for me Brit Marling is Shane's female version, but she gets shit done.

>Primer is VERY heady and takes a lot to fully follow and comprehend whats happening

If you’re a moron, maybe.

Attached: 1200px-Brit_Marling_by_Gage_Skidmore.jpg (1200x1473, 359K)

What future generation? Zoomers are chopping their dicks off and are being pumped with HRTs so they're never having kids, and the kids they should have had are having their position filled by 60 IQ Ngubus who never invented the wheel. And you think they'll be capable of looking back on Shane fucking Carruth?

ok boomer

>dude that thing I’m totally obsessed with (but not lmao) is everywhere lmao

If the things you’re talking about were not outlier occurrences, there would not be shows about them. The shows would be about normal people struggling to live in an abnormal world, with viewership composed of people shocked at the “freaks.”

>reading comprehension

>genius visionary
>his talent is his
He's not that good a writer.
Not that good a director.
Not that good an actor.
Not that good a composer.
An alright ideas guy.

>not that good a writer
A Topiary
>Not that good a composer
Upstream color
>Not that good an actor
Really dude?

No because future generations won't even know who he is because he is not important enough to be remembered.

>mumblecore
think i'll pass

Why can't I become a billionaire so I can constantly give him money for his ambitious projects, Yea Forums?

Because that would require you to get off your weak, lazy wagie ass and get something done