Cast it. I'm having a hard time thinking of anyone that could do Rincewind justice

Cast it. I'm having a hard time thinking of anyone that could do Rincewind justice.

Attached: pratchett-1.jpg (2353x4097, 2.33M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-jm7zYF1A-s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Rupert Grint ? I dunno, he's british and ginger.

I'd rather see who can play Vimes now that the two official choices are too old.

David Jason

Isnt he a bit old? I thought Rincewind was 40 tops.

It's hard to say. My vote is for Domhnall Gleeson.
Going by the modern illustrations he's a man in his late thirties. Going by old illustrations he's a very aged white-beard geezer which doesn't really make sense for the character.

Obviously the perfect casting is Matt Gilliard you fools

Worst book in the series

Netflix should adapt the guards, death, and moist von lipwig series

Here's your Rincewind, bro.

Attached: brian3.gif (245x166, 851K)

Hardly the worst. Even being as simple and aimless as it was, it's still better than Moving Pictures.

Tessa Thompson

Limmey

>Tessa Thompson
Finally, a serious answer.

Didn't he voice the point and click games? Great call

/thread

>. Going by old illustrations he's a very aged white-beard geezer which doesn't really make sense for the character.

The illustrator gave Twoflower literal "four eyes" instead of glasses

Attached: 743_0.jpg (2448x3264, 2.85M)

Joseph Gilgun

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed. That said, it's only ever referred to as four eyes in the first book.

Noel Fielding

>Didn't he voice the point and click games?
It was Eric Idle actually.

John Boyega - he's british, and plays a comedy goof well

The rincewind books are shit tier though.

There was a graphic novel adaption as well where he's depicted much younger. I think it works better if he's younger because he's got to be very fit if he's constantly running away.

Attached: Discworld_spread (1).jpg (313x470, 298K)

Attached: chucky.jpg (1280x720, 185K)

Paul Kaye

Simon Pegg could probably do a pretty good job.
Haha no. The first two books (which really should be taken as one story) are far from the best but they are still good, entertaining books. Later Vimes novels, and later books in general were considerably worse.

Rincewind always reminded me of the guy that played House.

Ben Wishaw maybe?

rupert grint would be a good mort though

Also, Vettinari. Charles Dance did him in the TV Movies and while I think that's a solid pick, he's a bit too old. Tim Curry circa Muppets Treasure Island probably would have been a great choice too but obviously he's too old now as well. Maybe Clive Owen?

I've got this weird feeling that Ralph Fiennes would do a good job with Rincewind. Something with the flavor of his performance in The Grand Budapest hotel but less flamboyant and eccentric.

Attached: ralph.jpg (500x592, 31K)

>Vettinari
A woman of color obviously

Attached: vnvnvn.jpg (640x960, 87K)

>rincewind

That... is not a very bad idea at all

Attached: mackenziecrookpa_175x125_1563329143[1].jpg (696x497, 29K)

Attached: nmn.jpg (633x957, 145K)

I can't be the only one that jerked off to this cover as a kid

Attached: moving-pictures-2[1].jpg (479x800, 232K)

I thought so as well. I've been reading Rincewind's lines in his voice recently.

Attached: vimes.jpg (640x960, 68K)

There was a TV film adaptation with David Jason as an old as fuck rincewind

Attached: webANXterrypratchettsmagic.jpg (700x422, 32K)

Attached: crt.jpg (640x960, 76K)

This is more the vibe I get

I think the Rincewind we already had was fine

this is how he is in the newer illustrations

woops forgot link youtube.com/watch?v=-jm7zYF1A-s

>which doesn't really make sense for the character.
It's a parody of the "wise old wizard".

Already in the works, almost

Attached: 1579403437925.png (1080x1080, 1.82M)

What didbyou guys think about Deaths voice in Good Omens? I found it forgettable, with Christopher Lee dead I struggle to think who could effectively voice an ALL CAPS character without sounding too emotional

wait was that meant to be discworld death?

In the novel it's pretty obvious. Death transcends time and space, its pretty obviously the same guy especially since the fiur horseman have appeared in Discworld as well, with the same personalities to boot

well fuck he was completely wrong then

Gillbert Gottfried.

Attached: gillbert.jpg (755x1024, 168K)

Yeah. We pretending that didn’t happen?

Attached: 0CAB1118-F35E-461C-947D-8CB778449109.jpg (355x500, 62K)

Last continent is probably his best book though

He's dead.
>the guy that played House
You better not let me catch you in a dark alley.

Keep in mind Good Omens was written when there were only a handful of Discworld books, Death was more serious business back then

night watch was the most memorable for me. I can't really remember any of the rincewind plots tbqh

Perfect casting for Twoflower

Talking about Discworld and no one mentions any of the Witches books
Feels Good Man
FUCK NANNY OGG
Mustrum Redcully for life

Attached: 1546895698637.png (600x450, 133K)

I think Sourcery was the best Rincewind book. He has a good character development in it, saves the day just by being completely fed up with the other wizards, and even accidentally uses magic at one point

they had the most charm imo. Maybe you have to be english to get it

EVERY GROID ON THE BOOK!!! I want DIVERSITY! ALL GLORIOUS BLACKS JERRY CURLS, BALD, PRENTENDO EHITE HAIR! PUBE LOOKING HAIR, YES DIVERSITY FOR YOUR BELOVED BOOK!

Based

Attached: 1579281579827.jpg (1280x720, 107K)

who the big tiddy girl? any sex scenes involving her?

Shit, thanks user. I've been trying to find a way to watch this everywhere. Didnt even try youtube.

I feel like thats the biggest hurdle to international appeal for the series. Some jokes feel like you need to actually have lived in England to get them, understanding the culture and lingo isn't enough. Kind of like how Puck from Berserk will mimick Tokyo specific Japan tv personalities

Still confuses me why they decided that Nobby of all characters had to be genderswapped.
I know.

Christ. He must've taken some mushrooms to be able to visualise the luggage, and then got carried away.
Two flower has glasses on the Interesting Times cover but for some bizarre reason Cohen doesnt have a beard.
Yes and no. Rincewind's archetype is more Schmendrick from the Last Unicorn. Cohen is Conan but the joke is he's old.

Sam Rockwell

Havelock is such a Mary Sue he puts GRR Martin's cast out of business
>muh perfect politician
>muh expert spy
>muh literally unkillable, closest he came to death was a lone gunman
>flawless judge of character
>big tiddy goth vampire gf

Why would you want anything you like adapted nowadays?
It would be like finally having your dream of a round-the-World cruise, then finding out you're on a Coronavirus ship.

Vetinari isn't a Mary-Sue because he isn't a character, he's a plot device. He appears perfect because outside of a REALLY SMALL number of scenes in the Moist books, we never see things from his perspective and we never get a look inside his thoughts. If he's a Mary-Sue than The Librarian must be as well.

Also one in ten thousand people will get the joke from equal rites "The lodgings were on the top floor next to the well-guarded premises of a respectable dealer in stolen property because, as Granny had heard, good fences make good neighbors."

>good fences make good neighbors."
Checked. Also, ha ha.

hey i brought this book to work with me, alongside neuromancer. which should i read?

user he was in about an entire half of Jingo.
Librarian is strong too but Vetinari is doing something every single quadrant of the /pol/ plane says is impossible: runs a multi-ethnic society that is somehow both fair and free for all its citizens.

Moving Pictures would be the most fitting single novel to adapt.

Scott Adkins

We often see things from Vetinari's perspective and his thoughts in Vimes' books, Going Postal and Unseen Academicals.

Why though? It's garbage.
Do Lords and Ladies. I want to see Saoirse as Magrat fucking up eleven faggots.

Why would anyone want to do Rincewind adaptations?

The American editions had such shit covers. The Brit covers at least gave you an idea of what to expect inside the book.

If they did a show they should just make it a series with rotating cast. Each book could be turned into a two parter (assume each episode is around an hour). Then focus on another group : Death episodes, night watch episode, rincewind episode

Doesn’t really have an overarching plot (which modern audiences seem to like) to run throughout the show I suppose.

Because it is already a book written as if it were a movie. And you could argue that would mean adapting it would defeat the purpose, but actually making it a movie would give even more dimensions of meta humor.

It is also a very standalone novel that requires no setup or future expectations.

The most memorable Rincewind book is The Last Hero, mostly because he's not the focus.

Witches Abroad is one of the funniest shit I've ever read. I think it would actually work pretty well as an adaptation since most of the references are to properties that are more widely popular than in the other Witches books.

out of all the standalones its probably my least favorite, except for that based dog

its not 'free' ventinari rules with an iron fist and vimes enforces the law

>Domhnall Gleeson

Holy fuck, that's perfect.

Please, God, don't let current year Netflix Discworld. I really don't need a Tiffany Aching played by fucking Zendaya.

uh pretty sure everyone would get that, a fence isn't exactly obscure lingo

Remember that time Granny was so fucking OP that she infected vampires with her blood rather than the other way around? Also, that great fucking line from the young preacher about the axe not being a holy symbol, so let's MAKE it one.

Why did terry have to die so soon bros?

We get internal monologues from Vetinari? I know we get scenes in which he has conversations with Drumknott that sort of serve to show what he's thinking, but I can't remember any times where we get his actual thoughts/things written from his POV. I remember very little about Unseen Academicals but I was almost positive that Going Postal doesn't ever actually give us scenes where we get inside his head. If anything, Night Watch comes the closest.

disagree, like the titles of all the wizards is from the convoluted ways universities are in england but you don't need to have a detailed knowledge to find the endless nonsense titles and madeup posistions funny, you still get the joke

But I think this Vimes will be good.

Attached: Discworld-Night-Watch-TV-Show-Comparison.jpg (1400x700, 449K)

Nigga lived long enough to be knighted by a sword he smithed from a fucking star. He did o-fucking-kay.

And, think of this way: he died early enough that he didn't have a chance to either go woke or get cancelled. That's all any of us can ask of our literary heroes.

He died a hero. Im glad for it. Unlike Steven King who has lived long enough to be come a villain

It was dreadful though.

But he was working on another amazing maurice book!

Based Pratchet demanding only the thiccest sluts for his book covers

twoflower is japanese

eh, Unseen Academicals, Snuff, and Raising Steam were basically just racism bad. I mean sure so are most of the Watch books but those feature races that are a prominent part of the setting. Terry basically pulled Orcs and Goblins out of his ass.

No discworld race is worse than roundworld niggers and kikes though.

their is only 1 orc and Mr Nutt was based

The guy himself looks fine but those clothes are fucking gay

8/10

? no really

I'm surprised you didn't point out Monstrous Regiment for feminism.

Yeah but I liked Monstrous Regiment.

Unseen Academicals was so bad. Not even just in terms of plot, badly written. Obviously the dementia was taking hold

idris elba

Gotta admit, monstrous regiment was so shitty. I kind of suspect that and the tiffany series was written to prepare his fans for the eventual 'passing on' of his legacy to his daughter.
The bees speech before nanny weather wax's death made me weep, thankfully it didnt work out the way he wanted it too.

simon pegg isn't a bad idea. at least he's take it seriously.
should be someone a bit older but they can put makeup on

I personally enjoyed the whole 'one last adventure' thing. Then again i like reading about the faculty. Was also nice to see rincewind getting his wish. Really, the worst part was the bursar's retirement.

Please deep fakes, evolve fast so we can watch this version

Simon pegg
non british actors-
paul dano
Josh krazynski
cris pratt
jonah hill
seth rogan
the red beard dude from game of thrones
One of the kids from harry potter- nigel
idris elba
the lord of essex or what ever prince harrys new title is

I don't know what is the consensus on this but Going Postal was absolute kino with top tier casting

Attached: GoingPostalGroup.jpg (1140x641, 192K)

>chriss pratt
May as well cast jim carey or ben stiller you fucking mutt pleb.

I liked it honestly. I thought the sergeant being a woman was actually really funny

I wouldn't mind Robin Williams as the Bursar tbhfam.

Pegg is probably a lot older than you remember. I think that he's old enough now to get a nice late-middle age Rincewind, which is how he's portrayed in the majority of Discworld novels he appears in.

Yeah, I thought it was really very well done, all things considered. Not sure why they got so much hate apparently

pegg is an awful choice you need someone tall and gangly David Thewlis would be near perfect

It did? News to me. Yeah, it was not totally accurate but it was pretty good.

>nanny weatherwaxs death
wat? so did nanny ogg or granny weatherwax die? also what? fakeout right?

he meant granny. she dies in the last tiffany aching book.

fuck that, never read it now I never will

Dude the wizards made him look like a pompous fool and turned hin into a Lizard once, hes far from perfect

I know Good Omens isn't technically Discworld but I didn't get the jokes about the interstate until I saw the tv show and realized it's essentially a giant roundabout surrounding London

They're both excellent short reads so flip a coin. Alternatively, Necromancer is more "cool" and "holy shit he thought this up THAT many decades ago??" While Discworld is just "pure fun"

>Tiffany Aching played by fucking Zendaya.
Muh dick likes that idea

mine does too but she's too old. tiffany was like 8 in the first book.

I retract my comment then, I never read those books and thought she was of age

did you get why australia is called fourecks?

Nigga pls

i took a big shit that was better than this book
also sneed

dont look up the guards tv show bro..

Did they? I know the genderswapped Vetinari. I don't know why. In the series he is one of the few competent male heads of state. Only other one I can think of is the Dwarf King but, I don't remember if they implied that he is actually a she due to the dwarf gender issues.

nobby is now an old woman in a wheel chair and head of the theives guild, why they did this instead of simply using the 3 old ladies is beyond me

they almost outright state he's a female in Fifth elephant, but its never made a big deal of in later books

Dibbler not Nobby sry, Nobby is cut altogether

>Guard adaption will probably be shit
why is western media so bad now bros...

You aren't missing much. You could really tell that others were helping way more to write it.

What is this

I never read a single tiffany aching book, and I'm glad I didn't started wee free men once and realized I really wasn't going to like it, no matter how much I like Nanny and Granny

Me as Rincewind

It's a bigger deal by the end of Raising Steam

Dwarf King is female. It's not like Pratchett was being subtle about it in Fifth Elephant. Anyway she declares so publicly during Raising Steam.

Lady Margolotta
Dwarf Queen
Queen Keli of Sto Lat
Duchess Susan of Sto Helit
I guess Borogravian leaders too? Debatable if they're competent.

What color is magic?

Octarine.

Quirm has a duchess too.

sort of bluish purple

based and changepilled

people generally think it looks something like this, so yea bluish purple

Attached: 4imizgxkv3a01.jpg (1080x1920, 712K)

Cgi. We're at the point anyway that live action re-imaginings are happening that nobody asked for, and the Maurice flick is looking more promising

Attached: 1579280409345.jpg (1920x1280, 441K)

jerked off to the actual words in the book if i recall. that and the egypt one where the guy has a literal harem, wew

blame it on his DAMN KIDS

Yes but that's because I'm a history nerd

no dude, its because xxxx beer

Yes, and beer used to have XXXX on them in old American cartoons and political cartoons

ok fair enough

Do a better novel, the colour of magic wasn't that good.

Reaper man, interesting times, and Small gods are more interesting narratives.

At the time of writing their was a popular ad campaign for castlemaine beer that stated that 'australians couldnt give a XXXX for any other lager' it's referencing that.

which btw is a shit qld beer, and i've never been sure if its funny that terry knew that or that he didn't he is very complimentary of aus beer in the 4ecks one

>he's british and ginger.
chadwick boseman

Here's your Rincewind bro

Attached: whatshisface.jpg (809x1040, 332K)