What kino is a relationship deal breaker for you?

About 5 years ago I posted a thread here (at the time it was Yea Forums and not 4channel but thats not relevant to this thread). It was about Badlands, the most romantic film i'd ever seen, and how I felt like I should break up with my gf at the time. Pretty much she wanted to watch something romantic and I put on Badlands but pretty quickly her eyes glazed over, she started yawning, then she went to bed during the treehouse scene. I was seriously upset. Opinion here was split when I made the thread. Some anons agreed it was the final straw. Others disagreed and told me I ought to work it out as id been with her 3 years. Others still cruelly mocked and ridiculed me. I hardly slept that night. Kept having to get up because I was restless through the night, pacing around the kitchen were we lived fuming under my breath about her behaviour. It really was the final straw. I tried to ignore the slight but it was boiling up inside me and all of her annoying habits became unbearable. About a month after that night she suggested we watch a RomCom. She didnt have one in mind she wanted me to pick one. I refused on the grounds that she went to bed during Badlands, the most romantic film i've ever seen. She said it was boring and not funny. I wanted to hit her. We had a big argument and I broke up with her right then.
I want to thank the anons who gave me moral support that night. It took a long time to get over what happened. Years until I could trust another woman to watch Badlands with. Well i've finally found the right women and on Friday she is coming over to watch a film and im going to put on Badlands, the most romantic film i've ever seen. Wish me luck bros.

Attached: badlands.jpg (1800x1012, 121K)

Sneed

this post was so gay that my anus prolapsed.

Based

If you want people to reply to your thread you cant make such a long post. Absolutely no one, NO ONE is going to take the time out of their incredibly long day to read every single little detail that you posted. Alot of people live very busy life and this is most relevant in 2020 since life is going by faster and faster and faster. It's very naiv and selfish to believe that anyone actually cares about anything that you wrote and then have the time to develop a fair response. At most they're going to skim through it, stop a 1/4 way through and reply with a troll response or maybe even a variant of "have sex" or "fag", possibly "nigger", I dont know, I'm not an expert. All I'm trying to tell you is you need to be more sympathetic to other peoples lives and maybe think about that next time you post kido

Schizo white americans. This is why russians are scared of you.

>breaking up because of some old movie

Attached: flat,1000x1000,075,f.u1-1.jpg (800x903, 84K)

Sissy is jewish.

I do not consider Badlands to be very romantic, in fact, I do not consider Badlands to romantic at all. A lot of people (at least 3) would agree with me.

Things sure have changed around here. Back in the day there were lots of posts that required time and effort and dedication on the part of both the original poster and the anons. I spent hundreds of hours reading through complex background stories that introduced threads. Even more time typing out insightful and honest replies. Reading greentexts that required a depth of knowledge on the subject as well as thoughtful observation and introspection. Sure there were shitposts along the way. Bane and CIA, cinema anvils and penis inspection day etc. But all we had was time. That was the golden era. Rarely do I have time to post here anymore, let alone make threads. Maybe thats for the best. Nobody has even responded to the subject header and I know for a fact everyone has at least one film that is a dealbreaker. Disappointed.

Attached: badlands2.jpg (1280x720, 136K)

I hope she yawns and starts browsing her phone, you fuck.

Have sex

Why though? It's about love. Badlands is intense and passionate and raw. They were literally willing to kill and die for each other.
You have no idea how many times I watched "Sweet Home Alabama" with my ex and I never went to bed half way through. I'd occasionally request we pause it to discuss amateurish camera angles, bad lighting, subpar acting and poorly scripted dialogue. However I never disrespected her love of that movie by going to bed halfway through.

Attached: josh-lucas-reese-witherspoon-sweet-home-alabama.jpg (2700x1787, 290K)

stfu nigger fag. go have sex.

Disgusting and callous response.

I intend to this Friday, after we watch Badlands and discuss the beautiful imagery and complexity of the themes.

This board is dead. Bury it.

>Kept having to get up because I was restless through the night, pacing around the kitchen were we lived fuming under my breath about her behaviour
don't do this. If you don't like her behavior (unless it's something silly and one of those things we die with) bring it up as soon as possible. Otherwise you build resentment.

is this pasta? 99% of women have awful taste in movies and if you show this movie to 20 women, 19 of them will get bored and start texting or using social media and/or fall asleep. i mean you can't even blame them really they're basically children.

True romance is the real most romantic film of all time. A used up whore, but who loves you, is the best you can hope for. Not a virgin innocent redhead.

Haven’t seen the film but I feel you user

Yes that was unfortunately a lesson learned. Finish the post user. Then post the dealbreaker for you. Thanks in advance.

No its not pasta. Do you guys seriously put up with women you are in a relationship with texting during films? I took a date to Dunkirk and told her to turn her phone off. When she failed to do so and it distracted my viewing I told her I was going to the toilet but moved seats.

Take that back user. Im warning you. Tarantino is a hack and Hans Zimmer a thief. Don't even get me started on the talentless Christian Slater.

Space out (newline) or indent your paragraphs. No one wants to read this shit

Attached: u.jpg (710x516, 213K)

Holy shit, I remember that fucking thread, though I recommended not breaking up over a movie. Glad it turned out alright, friendo. Good luck.

Attached: 1579242789311.gif (600x428, 2.3M)

>Never compromise, not even in the face of losing pussy
Fucking BASED OP, you did the RIGHT THING

Attached: 1469061236606.png (382x442, 300K)

Based Blogposter. I really really like Badlands as well, probably my third favorite Malick behind ToL and DoH. I don't know if I find it that romantic though. Both characters are supposed to be very naive and borderline stupid. Malick said that he designed Sissy's voiceover to be like she got all her world knowledge out of "women magazines". I probably couldn't be with someone who doesn't care for this masterpiece (my gf loves it fortunately - probably even more than me) but when it comes to most romantic of all time there are plenty ahead of it for me. I would probably say In The Mood For Love would be my favorite in that regard

>Yes that was unfortunately a lesson learned
how haven't you learned that in 3 years though? I'm seeing a girl for 2 months and when I didn't like how she acted with a guy friend I brought it up immediately and she apologized profusely.

If she doesn't get dripping wet watching Salò, she's simply not worth it

Attached: MV5BYTEzYTBiNWUtZDVkZS00OWYzLWEwYzAtOWJlNWM5MWU1M2Y4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODc0OTEyNDU@._V1_.jpg (1151x1600, 463K)

i've never been so disgusted and erect at the same time

it annoys the fuck out of me but i've come to expect this behavior from women. like i said they're basically children. they can't stand to be away from facebook or instagram for more than 20 minutes.

>DUDE ULTIMATE PLEASURE LMAO
>*begins eating shit*
good one

What's the matter, kid? You can't distinguish pain from pleasure?

Attached: Cenobites_%281%29.jpg (300x300, 29K)

she has to be into one of
a)short haircuts and cuddling
b)period settings and nature
c)cunny and killing people

Attached: m4wv87nbgd1qmr9rao1_1280.png (608x368, 243K)

Thank you anonymous. I'm glad one of the old guard is still here. I admit that I was young and foolish at that time but things are different now. Badlands is still a deal breaker but i've taken the time to explain to my new gf why it means a lot to me and she is a fan of Malicks recent works so i've got a good feeling about Friday. Its just a shame we can't watch it on the big screen. Ideally id like to watch it at a drive thru to get an authentic 70's feel but i've planned it all out correctly this time and even bought candles.

old guard is still here, but newfies sperg out and call you a phony if you ever show your powerlevel. Especially on Yea Forums, most people here are under 22 and feel a need to impress others

The simplicity of the characters doesn't detract from the romance. See my earlier post . Badlands is a masterpiece. I'll admit to my shame i've never seen In The Mood For Love but i'll take your suggestion on board for future viewing. Thanks user.

It was my first proper relationship and as stated it we broke up nearly 5 years ago. I learned a lot over that 3 years I was with her and i've learned since but at that time I didnt realise how bad bottling things up could be and didnt understand the need for open and honest communication.

I suppose a lot of women are like that but I don't really know. I've seen women in public posting to facebook and instagram but i've never used social media so I avoid it and perhaps don't know the extent. I met my new gf at a film goers group and we both agree that people who use their phone while watching movies are basically irredeemably flawed.

Disappointing but I suppose during my heyday on Yea Forums I was in my early 20's and undoubtably also wanted to impress others. Im thankful that during that era we impressed each other by showing off our knowledge of obscure film and filmmaking techniques. It was a great time for learning and revealing our powerlevels and I miss neetdom when I had the time to devote effort to discussion.

i wanted to back you up against the anons claiming your post was too long but theres no way i'm defending this gay shit

I liked sweet home alabama

I read their relationship (at least partly) as childish and naive and that detracts from the romantic angle a bit IMO. Badland at times plays pretty comedically for me because of this. But I don't want to talk you out of your feelings toward the film.
If you watch In The Mood For Love please make a thread about what you (and your girl) thought about it!

First love is childish and naive. I find moments comical but I expect Malick intended for that to be the case.
I will post a thread when we watch In The Mood For Love.