Film isn't art, it's a comodity. Film creation is a business, it's closer to a factory assembly line...

Film isn't art, it's a comodity. Film creation is a business, it's closer to a factory assembly line. And that's not a condemnation either; I love film. It's just that some cultureless apes just need a reality check: watching some Tark and Murnau doesn't make up for your lack of reading.

Attached: 1428334532218.jpg (489x499, 90K)

Film is unironically the highest form of art.
With film, you can express your idea in just one single frame through framing and composition, the performance, production design, sound
etc, while with a medium like literature you have to use multiple sentences just to set up the scene and for the reader to grasp what's happening. Reading words linearly is not ideal, film is just much more efficient. Also with film you get an exact fixed artistic expression that can’t be changed, while with literature it's entirely different with every single person because they all self impose their own pacing while reading, some read a book in a day some in a month, with films you get the exact experience the artist intended. Not to mention the fact that readers rarely read the direct expression of the artist, more than often just a translated reinterpretation.

Now that doesn't mean everyone uses the medium of film to it's maximum potential ofcourse, but it has a far greater potential than any other art form out there.

Film is subjective user

Not an argument.

Not an argument.

>Film is unironically the highest form of art.

Uhh boomer, I think you mean games

I agree with you. But what about music? I think music is art. Take, for example, Whitney Houston.
It's hard to choose a favorite among so many great tracks, but "The Greatest Love of All" is one of the best, most powerful songs ever written about self-preservation, dignity. Its universal message crosses all boundaries and instills one with the hope that it's not too late to better ourselves. Since, Elizabeth, it's impossible in this world we live in to empathize with others, we can always empathize with ourselves. It's an important message, crucial really. And it's beautifully stated on the album.

Attached: statedonthealbum.jpg (1280x720, 34K)

Not an argument.

nah it's dogshit

you retarded?

yeah I'm thinking based

Uhh actually video games are the highest modern art. They are the only medium capable of speaking to the asinine, repetitive, ultimately meaningless nature of modernity.

Ok now this is an argument I must say.

But do you like Huey Lewis and The News? Their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes, but when Sports came out in '83, I think they really came into their own, commercially and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. He's been compared to Elvis Costello, but I think Huey has a far more bitter, cynical sense of humor. In '87, Huey released this, Fore, their most accomplished album. I think their undisputed masterpiece is "Hip to be Square", a song so catchy, most people probably don't listen to the lyrics. But they should, because it's not just about the pleasures of conformity, and the importance of trends, it's also a personal statement about the band itself.

Attached: 1582632010483.jpg (280x270, 26K)

Based
Cringe

Video games will never be truly art on the same level because of the interactive part specifically.
Interaction diminishes the artistic value immensely because with film, or a composition, or a painting you get an exact fixed unchangeable artistic expression delivered to you just like it is intended, while with games whatever other interactive element is introduced only diminishes the original artistic intention and focuses on the viewer/player. The more a game is considered "art" it has less interactivity in it.

Video games will forever remain merely an entertainment gimmick and nothing more.

Not an argument.

1) A single frame is a photo.
2) A single brief sentence can describe the setting, the mood, the atmosphere, the hidden thoughts much more deeply than matter-of-fact filming set.

Sure bro, keep telling yourself that from the graveyard of dead art forms. I'll be playing the latest immersive VR ludo from auteur creators such as David Cage and Kojima-san

A frame isn't the equivalent of a sentence but of a single letter.
A single sequence in film is equivalent to a sentence in a book.

Not to mention that you forgot the entire audio part.

you didn't read good books or just not imaginative enough, the poetry of words is much more beautiful than the aesthetics of frames
music if the lowest form of art, it's an abuse of our inherent desire to search for patterns, the images music creates in our minds are rewards for found patterns, an afterthought, a high, if you will

>the poetry of words is much more beautiful than the aesthetics of frames
A film like Mirror is comparable to any great poem ever written. And you can have words themselves in the film aswell.

Good point

>A frame isn't the equivalent of a sentence but of a single letter.
>A single sequence in film is equivalent to a sentence in a book.
Sounds very arbitrary

Nope, literally factual. When you read a script a single sentence is never literally a singular frame of the film. There 24 frames happening in a single second, for most films that is.

Reading should be a tool, not an art. Movies should be an art, not a tool.

Dumb bookfags, your brain's main function is to process visual information. Films are to books what highways are to dirt roads.

this but unironically

Attached: Chad Stranding.jpg (1080x1079, 164K)