How come the capeshit trend hasn't died yet like other fads?

youtube.com/watch?v=WZrSiCso9pU

Attached: wamen_stronk.png (321x254, 192K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=grphMTBly7Q
fema.gov/blog/2011-05-19/cdc-preparedness-101-zombie-apocalypse
youtu.be/XCwvCaEcIzs?t=26
youtu.be/RxAtuMu_ph4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Give it time.

It's been 10 fucking years. The hippy movement died faster than this shit.

MCU milked the shit out of their normalfag fanbase by hooking them in and keeping them watching because of sunk cost fallacy. That's going to change now that the Infinity Saga is over and a lot of people are going to start hopping off the bandwagon due to fatigue.

Whys is supergrill beating up wandas husband?

It has tho. After endgame came out people stopped giving a shit about capeshit immensely

People want to escape their boring lives with fantasies.

>Sunk cost fallacy
Do you actually know the meaning of this, or are you just parroting because Shapiro said it in one of his tweets?

>endgame followed up by far from home
>1.2 billon

It's not capeshit people like, it's the MCU. It's why Justice League, BvS, and even non-MCU Marvel shit like Fantastic 4 and X-Men don't really drum up interest like the MCU films.

its main audience are kids and chinks

>Do you actually know the meaning of this
You obviously don't.

It looks equally retarded with or without effects. lel

More like 12. Not even the Nazis lasted this long

People who've invested a lot of time or money in something they know isn't shit will continue to do so even after realizing because they think otherwise all that time or money will have been for nothing.

>it's been 10 years
do you think capeshit started with the mcu?

We're actually getting closer to the end.

If the MCU is the John Wayne/Henry Fonda classic westerns, new edgy takes like Joker/Deadpool/Logan are like the unconventional Spaghetti Westerns that popped up at the end of the Cowboy/Indians era.

>Deadpool
>unconventional

>s-superman was first published in the 30s

Obviously I'm referring to the trend.

Just stop watching the movies bro.

When are hero movies going to get their Blazing Saddles?

Superhero tv shows/movies were always around, user, they're never going to "die". We're still riding at a relative high because Marvel has been so good at appealing to the general public, with DC partly riding on their coat tails. But even if Marvel and DC were to totally flop tomorrow, we'd still be getting capeshit on a yearly or so basis, just as we have been for the last few decades.

capeshit movies and tv shows have been around for decades, they're making more money now sure but they were always there, zoomers actually think the mcu started this shit and it's hilarious.

nigga nobody gave a shit about cape movies before marvel's mainstream shit
sure there was the occasional popular one like spiderman or batman but you try telling me people were lining up for fucking green lantern or daredevil

You see, OP, watching men in funny costumes with funny powers and names is actually more addictive than it sounds. I wonder no one has used them for alt-right/conservative propaganda, it would be easier to redpill people that way.

Stop being obtuse. Capeshit flicks never saturated the market or made as much bank as they're making now. Shit like Batman Forever was targeted towards comic book nerds and dumb teenagers. Self respecting adults would never watch that shit on their own. Now the audience is far more reaching because of how accepted capeshit movies have become in pop culture. The cultural landscape has completely changed, don't try to pretend it hasn't.

Attached: v1.jpg (206x305, 21K)

>nigga nobody gave a shit about cape movies before marvel's mainstream shit
You misspelled Christopher Nolan my tinyminded zoomer friendo.

[UNSOLICITED OPINIONS ON ISRAEL]

Next man makes a move, the ni...Captain America gets it!

Nice try, retard.

Attached: 220px-Spider-Man2002Poster.jpg (220x324, 32K)

kek

Twink-Man was not popular among normies and was yet again another comic book nerd pander, nice try though my tiny minded zoomer friend.

spiderman has always been insanely popular, and normies love tom holland.
things are going to look a lot less rosy for the MCU before the end of this year.

Just a sign of the times. Humanity feels powerless and sinks into escapist symbols to feel better about it.

>almost $900mil adjusted for inflation
yeah capeshit was never succesful before

Attached: Batman_(1989)_theatrical_poster.jpg (259x389, 49K)

>Spider-Man became the first film to pass the $100,000,000 mark in a single weekend, even when adjusting for inflation, with its $114,844,116[77] mark establishing a new opening weekend record.
>The film also set a record for crossing the $100,000,000 milestone in 3 days, at the time being the fastest any film had reached the mark.
>Spider-Man became the highest-grossing superhero film of all time at the time of its release, both domestically and worldwide.
>The film also held the record as Sony's highest-grossing film domestically until 2018
Based Retard.

Yet it wasn't popular among normies or accepted among normies, as the first kino to open Capeshit gates towards normies and get serious film critics to start pandering was Nolan's trilogy.
Nice try though my tiny-minded zoomer friendo.

Kill yourself retard.

Attached: okay.png (996x358, 317K)

capeshit has been a thing for nearly 100 years now
it's not a fad
it's not going away

It previously had a point it was building up to, and had casts selected before the current year made it illegal to have anyone with charisma in your movies.
The next five years will be the crucible to see if we have to suffer this for eternity or if it will finally fade out.

I'd only kill myself if i was stupid enough to use money as an argument in a debate of who opened the gates towards normies and was taken seriously by film critics first. You lose zoomer friendo.

You're a gibbering idiot. Its literally the 32nd highest grossing movie ever.

I was gonna say, normies didn't like NolanBats until heckin' Jokerino showed up. Baiting user is dumb.

Yet it's not the movie that opened Capeshit towards normies since it was a cringefest, and no film critics took it seriously.
You lose zoom zoom friendo.

>How popular the movie was among normies is a stupid way to judge how popular it was among normies.
Based retard.

>how popular a movie was among comic nerds is a smart way to judge how popular it was among normies with Nolan first introducing them to capeshit by making it palpable for normies through Batman
Based zoom zoom brain.

That's not what you said dumbass faggot.
You said it wasn't popular among normies. If YOU were anything other than a zoomer, you would have already known it was very popular among normies. Anyone that was older than ten at the time already knows this.

>normies
Go back.

Attached: YnfP4JqbEHB6ZhELvW09gYqKZ_AN7q4_DkX74Hs2b-U.jpg (717x880, 131K)

Except it wasn't popular among normies since comicbook nerds and children aren't normies.
Normies are when you release a movie that adults start taking seriously, which is not Twink Man.

a movie doesn't make that much money without the normie dollar, actual comic fans are a tiny portion of the audience.

Comics sell in the tens of thousands. If it was popular among comic nerds, it would not have broken even, let alone est box office records.

i don't know why I'm even arguing with a zoomer idiot.

>a movie doesn't make that much money without the normie dollar, actual comic fans are a tiny portion of the audience.
A tiny portion of the audience which buys 10 tickets and goes to 10 viewings just to support their Capeshit hero.

see
Fucking idiot. Kill yourself.

It's been on and off. Some generations thought they were stupid. But when superheroes first started, it's mostly for the same crap as now: a sense of powerlessness.

Superman, for instance, was written by two Jewish dudes who grew up in slums and wanted to fit in the rest of society. Supes is a metaphor for immigrants. But no matter how hard the immigrant tries to play the "all American" part, Lex calls him out as an alien.

In fact, the very, very first iteration of Superman was a revenge story and he was a villain. He was first borne out of powerlessness and resentment. Just like a lot of capeshit.

>Comics sell in the tens of thousands.
Because they are a shit medium.

That has nothing to do with your argument. Dumb fucking zoomer.

>normies normie
>wasn't accepted
>wasn't popular among normies
Look at this redditor zoomer who's only been lurking here for 3 months, thinking he knows what people seriously thought about spiderman back then LMAO

autists that go to a movie ten times over are such a tiny percentage it's laughable, if you think those people are what makes these movies do 800million at the box office you're beyond retarded.

I just want Hollywood out of super hero shit. When I was a kid liking comic books was a fast ticket to getting yourself made fun of for being a virgin loser. Fast forward and now it's acceptable to like it, but only ironically or casually. The same people that gave me shit for it as a kid are all about Thanos memes and sucking MCU dick. The people like me that get really into shit are still the outliers but the companies that make this shit realize they can pander to the normie audience and ruin it for the actual fans. I just want normies out of my shit. Get out of Warhammer, get out of comics, get out of anime, get out of Star Wars, get out of fucking everything. Go back to whatever it is normies like and leave my fantasy shit alone.

Nothing will remain untouched by filthy casual hands within the next decade. Everything will be ruined.

Attached: CONST_Cv21.jpg (791x1200, 476K)

It has everything to do with my argument.
We are discussing which movie opened the gates of Capeshit towards normies, aka adults who avoid cringeshit unless their children are begging them to see it. That means the first movies that weren't a cringefest and adults could enjoy and which film critics took seriously and reviewed seriously. That's not Twink Man. I know your zoom zoom brain can't comprehend basic logic, we'll take it easy.

>Self respecting adults would never watch that shit on their own.
My 50 year old father would beg to differ.

die? As long as i've been alive there have been batman and superman movies. In fact, you could legally be arrested as the head of WB if you did not make a batman film to fulfil your fiduciary responsibility. I do think the cinematic universe has run its course however

its so obvious that you're a cosplaying zoomer.
Here's some basic maths, dumbass
How do 50,000 comic fans translate to an $800 million box office?

There are bigger victim groups than geeks, and they won't stop from appropriating it all to make themselves feel better. Better get used to it. All of these people want to feel "powerful" by seeing versions of themselves on the big screen. Just like the pathetic geek liked seeing Peter slap Flash Thompson across the head.

Nothing is safe anymore. Even Dungeons and Dragons is getting flooded by normalfags because of these shits.

My prediction is the next generation of autistic nerds will flock to 80s action films like Rambo because modern society would deem that shit too toxic and offensive or something. So only social outcasts will openly admit to loving them.

Attached: critical_role_team_photo_1024.0.jpg (1200x800, 369K)

Here's some basic math zoom zoom brain:
How does children begging parents to watch a cringefest they don't enjoy but their kids do,
equate to a Capeshit made so the parents can enjoy as well without cringing which takes their attention as opposed to them larping interest for their children?
Take it easy zoom zoom while you are thinking, there's still time for your brain to grow some IQ yet.

Your father clearly has no self respect.

Probably never, because successful Capeshit is very careful to almost never take itself seriously, which is why Joker and Logan were such an anomaly.
The quips are designed to torpedo the mood just to make sure they can deflect criticism

Pretty sure Joker didn't do anything to deflect criticisms, it was open about wanting them for the free marketin that SJW retards would give them while not spending a dime on it.
It worked masterfully.

Attached: 1540856438039 copy.png (1822x1000, 477K)

I hate capeshit fans but I despise people like you much more.
There is nothing more pathetic than being an elitist about reading super hero comics book it's repetitive garbage made for slow kids and you fags are acting like it's high literature that's getting ruined by mediocre repetitive movies made for slow kids

So the only reason Spider-Man made any money was from hardcore comics fans and children, huh?
Can you post any evidence to back this up? Any evidence at all?
What's your age, zoomer faggot?

>I just want Hollywood out of super hero shit. When I was a kid liking comic books was a fast ticket to getting yourself made fun of for being a virgin loser. Fast forward and now it's acceptable to like it, but only ironically or casually. The same people that gave me shit for it as a kid are all about Thanos memes and sucking MCU dick. The people like me that get really into shit are still the outliers but the companies that make this shit realize they can pander to the normie audience and ruin it for the actual fans.
This. I can remember being laughed at for liking superheroes and even video games as a kid and ironically enough I haven't cared for either as in years now and both are the normalfaggiest of normalfag things to be into. Though funny enough no one seems to give a shit about Star Wars anymore which was all the rage when I was a kid.

Funny, you could say the same about Hollywood schlock, which makes you just as much of a pathetic idiot.

Chinks and American audiences.

user, you may want to re read the post

Nobody with any sense claims comic books to be works of high art. They're pulp entertainment. The quality of the entertainment is affected when it gets dumbed down to fit retarded normies. That's when you want them out so they don't further ruin the things you enjoy. Not everything has to be a masterful work of perfect literature for you to still enjoy it, believe it or not.

>can you post any evidence that Twink Man, the cringe fest that it is for children and nerds mainly, doesn't appeal to adults
OH NO NO NO NO NO NO
THE IMPLICATIONS ARE HILARIOUS

capeshit is not a fad
if anything, it's returning to baseline culture after a few centuries of abnormality

pagan gods/heroes -> saints -> ... -> superheroes

superman is literally achilles

>a trend just means something existing

brainlet.jpg

Superhero films before the 2010s were just another genre of blockbuster. Fantasy films (HP, Lord of the Rings, Narnia, etc) were the main trend the decade prior.

Reminder

>Since the 80s there has always been been capeshit movies every other year.
>In the 90s, it went up to at least 1 a year.
>In the 00s it was maybe double but that amounts to less than 30 in 10 years.
>In the 10s it went up to like 2-4 a year.
>There are dozens of romcoms, jumpscare horror, oscarbait trash, and bunch of other bullshit each year.
>We even had like a 10 year streak where it was all young adult novel adaptations out the ass that got pumped out almost as fast as they were forgotten.
>But no, capeshit is the problem. Not the fact Hollywood is creatively bankrupt since the late 80.
>Even then, there are plenty of good movies coming out each year that you don’t even need to acknowledge capeshit.

The only thing wrong here is how much it is advertised and that you spend 24/7 in this hellhole getting trigger by capeshit threads. If romcoms were chilled 24/7 here you’d fine people that would want the end of them too.

This isn't a "centuries" long thing. Superheroes didn't become a big thing until the 20th century. You had adventure novels and stories of gunslingers and shit, but not this. This started around the same time Big City life became a thing too.

And yet you said that Batman, the cringe fest that it is for children and nerds mainly, DID appeal to adults a few years later.
>Avoids stating his age
Based 18 year old Zoomer that thinks he 's a boomer because he goes on /pol/

>In the 10s it went up to like 2-4 a year.

Nigga marvel were putting that out just on their own.

>Even Dungeons and Dragons is getting flooded by normalfags because of these shits
I always preferred the now dead WEG D6 system over the D20 but that is just me. Regardless I can't imagine any of these people sitting around a table for hours on end arguing with your DM over some stupid rule.

I dont see it ending soon. The eternals movie, dr strange 2 and that Skarlet Johnson movie are shaping up nicely . The X-men are joining the MCU.

this is why it's hilarious seeing people on here cry about capeshit saturating the market, 2-4 movies a year out of literally hundreds, it's their own fault if those are the only movies they see, there's never been more options of what to watch or ways to watch it.

Nope, DC and Marvel were putting out at least two each. It wasn’t till the other half of the 10s that they did 3 but it wasn’t every year. Even if it were 10 movies a year, that’s still less than 10% of movies released each year in theaters and through streaming. Like I said before, only thing is advertising for them can be overwhelming but even then. I got adblocks, and the only time I even hear about capeshit is here or on spotify ads. The hate for capeshit comes from the fact its popular right now but its always been there.

Just watch other shit, like I said before, plenty of other movies released each year. If you can’t find something you don’t get angry about, watch older movies. If you’re still mad, change hobbies because movies aren’t for you.

capeshit is not new because everything else is

the idea that fiction can be something other than a piece of propaganda or a power fantasy has been around for a historically short amount of time

but now we'll be swallowed by the same power fantasies that dominated popular culture for millenia, just wrapped for a modern audience

all in all, it's been a pretty good run, but soon enough we'll be thinking of scorcese the way we think about lizst

Attached: 1389745745616.gif (400x225, 975K)

And what percentage of 40s-60s movies did Westerns take up? Bearing in mind they were churning out half the films then. Indie cinema wasn't really a thing till the 70s.

>user posted a picture of John fucking Constantine.
Are you really calling Hellblazer capeshit you fag?

You're legitimately wrong and the other guy is right.

A certain giant corporation has capeshit as its breadwinner. That corporation also care very much and very successful at brainwashing the mass.

I couldn’t tell you that number but I wouldn’t be surprised it was at least 1/3 of movies released. I just correlated the number of films released from Marvel and DC properties, and checked the number of feature films released in theaters and came to less than than 10%.

We’re in a different landscape now. Social media, trends and how information is processed. Its easy to get over exposed but what people seem to forget is, on the words of Tyler. Just walk away from the screen, nigga.

Capeshit is already done, so it's just not official yet. After Avengers: ENDGAME we can say that the main plot that had a lot of casual viewers hooked to the MCU is over. Thanos has been defeated, Ironman is dead, Captain America is old ... Nobody really gives a shit about what can happen from now on. Spiderman Far From Home is really close to Endgame and many went to watch it hoping to find answers about the future, but it was a waster opportunity and at least 50% don't care anymore. It's been almost a year of Endgame and the fanatism has been slowly turned off, the main heroes that remain now are boring fest diversity tokens like Black Panther or Captain Marvel. Spiderman is a kid, nobody cares about the Black Widow movie ... Dr. Strange, Deadpool or Guardians of the Galaxy can be fun on their own, but the main series can't work without a true alpha like Stark, Rogers or Thanos leading the story. And Hulk and Thor are just comical cameos now. Just Wolverine, Dr. Doom or Fantastic 4 being introduced could be in some way interesting, but most of the people, in addition, is in a "I'm not going to stay for another ten years watching movies for one big event" mood. They will release two or three films, they will be an absolute fallure and this will end up in a few years. And about DCU, well, it's totally stupid to talk. That shit has been a total disaster since the first movie.

>all in all, it's been a pretty good run, but soon enough we'll be thinking of scorcese the way we think about lizst
I don't know. That's the funny thing about Scorsese to me. He's not reflecting something too different really. At the same time comics were getting popular in the 30s, a whole other side of common society was fascinated with gangsters and bank robbers. And while comics had fantasies of "getting back at the injustice" in society, other people loved gangsters for saying a big "Fuck you" to anyone's rules. Two sides of the same coin. None of them were reflecting any higher notions of humanity.

On a technical/pure filmmaking level though, yes.. he's akin Liszt. I'm just referring to some of his content.

Are you a fucking idiot? The next hook is going to be what Disney/Marvel is going to do with the X-Men. These next two years will be a bit slow but it will be so that they can work on incorporating the X-Men and seeing what they will do for their next big phase.

Bow cime PewDiePie hasn't died yet?

Didn't they already screw up the X-Men with the mutants being retconned somehow? And then putting Scarlet Witch... in the Avengers of all things.

Why is he such a dick lads?

youtube.com/watch?v=grphMTBly7Q

Attached: Screen Shot 2020-03-03 at 11.31.19.png (224x96, 17K)

You guys should go watch Birds of Prey as soon as possible. The Covid-19 disease, caused by the SARS-Cov-2 virus, is wreaking havoc all over the world and is about to cause a pandemic if the global crises isn't one already. You should watch Birds of Prey because it might be the last good action movie you can watch before U.S. cities go into lockdown or quarantine and people will have to stay home like NEETs and incels because of the SARS-Cov-2 virus running amok; it'll be this way until maybe April or it could be this way for a year or more. You should also watch Gretel and Hansel as it could be the last good horror movie you see in film theaters. Don't forget to watch the Sonic: The Hedgehog live action movie.

After watching the films, head down to your nearest Costco or Walmart and buy food and supplies to last a month or maybe even more. FEMA/CDC's zombie preparedness guide says to get enough food and supplies for a few days. But the recent pandemic alert news say buy enough for two weeks. But you should aim for a month or more. If your nearest Costco or Walmart is packed, head on home, but stop by a smaller supermarket or grocery store and buy a couple of canned goods, water and supplies like toilet tissue, isopropyl/ethanol alcohol, etc.

fema.gov/blog/2011-05-19/cdc-preparedness-101-zombie-apocalypse

After all that, when you have your food and supplies to last you a couple of weeks or preferably a month or more, then you can sit back and watch the Supergirl and Batwoman series on CW.

Fox's X-Men had Quicksilver, so let Marvel have Scarlet Witch.

marvel used quicksilver too, they just killed him off instantly, they just couldn't call them 'mutants' to refer to them

I actually think that it is an erroneous position to compare the capeshit trend to the westarn craze of the 60s-70s. For starters, we are in a completely different economic context, specially regarding the film industry. While in the 60s & 70s the movie industry was dominated by Hollywood productions, the cost and revenue was more or less stable for any movie in theaters. After the Oil crisis of 73 and the implementation of radical free market reforms, Capital has been displaying a pretty marked tendency of the rate of profit to fall, especially in the film industry. The consolifation of entertainment monopolies is just a byproduct of this, as monopolies are way more eficient enterprises. Thus, plagued with market uncertainty, the only sure thing for the last decade has been to bet on capeshit as a way to move forward. The day capeshit ends is the day Hollywood ends.

>These next two years will be a bit slow
This is the problem here. Phase 4 doesn't look too good. And right now it's extremely important to keep the audience hooked on the MCU. The Infinity Saga was 20+ movies. It just ended with Endgame. Right now MCU is basically asking the audience to give their time and money to watch the next saga, next 20 films, what, the next 10 years of their life. And they're doing it with movies like the Eternals, Shang Chi and Black Widow. Everyone knows X-Men in MCU is going to be huge, but if people start dropping off the MCU bandwagon, then it's not going to be making the same numbers peak MCU hype films made.

>And they're doing it with movies like the Eternals, Shang Chi and Black Widow.
unless these movies turn out to be complete dogshit in every way I don't see them having a problem keeping this crap going, they were able to turn absolute z-list comics like guardians of the galaxy into succesful movies. they've built up enough credit with the average movie audience now it'll take something spectacular for one of these movies to be an outright failure.
at worst they'll hit ant-man numbers.

In fairness to Supergirl, they have actually marginally improved since the OP image. The CW shows all invariably look like shit though.

youtu.be/XCwvCaEcIzs?t=26

Can any scene top this?

It worked for Supernatural.

The odds of this flopping is about zero percent.

youtu.be/RxAtuMu_ph4

Unless people get scared of the Corona virus.

it will never die, just like rap "music." niggers and superheroes are our eternal future

>z-list comics like guardians of the galaxy
That's the beauty of the MCU. The interconnection encourages viewers to watch as many of the films, if not all of them. If you want to truly appreciate Infinity War, first you have to watch Black Panther. I think this is why a lot of people gave GotG a chance, because they didn't want to miss out on the overreaching story arc. But again, the difference is with the Infinity Saga over, everything starts off at a clean slate. The Eternals won't get that same type of interconnection 'you have to watch it or you'll be missing out when they reference it in the next movies" type of thing that GotG had. I could be wrong, people could continue to eat this shit up and the next MCU films could continue to be a success. I still can't help but want to watch the bubble burst, and I think if it's going to happen, it happens during Phase 4.

I just want a proper Spawn movie before the cape genre dies. You can bury it after that.

I dunno man. People said the same shit about rock music and modern rock music is pretty much on its death throes these days.

They're making one, but it will be more in line with the Departed than a straight up comic adaptation. Kind of like the HBO show but even less cape-y.

why is red tornado catching punches instead of throwing tornadoes

Good. There's plenty of bands out there making music still, they're just not on the radio. Mainstream rock was always bottom shelf shit. The internet has made it easy for a lot of small bands to get their shit out, the only difficulty is finding it sometimes. It'll never die. It just won't be mainstream anymore.

The Western took decades, and is yet to be lampooned. There is yet to be a super hero Blazing Saddles.

I'll tell you why the trend hasn't died. First off, it's a spectacle from a purely audio-visual perspective, a theme park like Scorsese said, and normies are into blockbuster entertainment like that.
Secondly, the cape genre is versatile in the sense that it can combine multiple different tropes and mythologies in it, in other words, there's something for someone, whether you're into sci-fi, fantasy, sorcery, tech, and so on.
There's also the fact that the cult of personality is at full swing, so a lot of people just go to see their favorite celebrity icons.
And the MCU formula is the most successful because it combines quips AND spectacle.
It will die off in popularity, but never fully, because it's just easy to get into, and everyone has a power fantasy of some kind.

Attached: 1482627893952.png (449x449, 143K)

Yeah but mainstream rock is just getting replaced by mainstream rap. It's not like it was replaced by something better. Just a different flavor of shit.

Ditto. Except it's already ruined

You posted that pic of Supergirl.

The most watched episode of Supergirl was October 26th, 2015. 12.9 million people tuned in.

The least watched episode of Supergirl was February 16th, 2020. 654,000 people were watching.

Attached: Supergirl-Skimpy.jpg (732x532, 84K)

The MCU is only just transitioning from adapting the 1960s to 1990s comics that made them a powerhouse into adapting the 2000s comics that drove them to the brink of bankruptcy.

It'll all be over soon.

Attached: 1513752448630.jpg (1873x2647, 1.05M)

Good points. There's also 80 years worth of source material they can adapt, so the stories they can tell are nearly limitless, and they're now branching out to where you have serious movies with cape skins like Logan and Joker. So in essence, normies can be tricked into watching "real" films under the premise of superheroes.

Joker was actually the first ever example.

Logan ALMOST made it and then they had to end it with that fucking CGI clone fight, which figures because The Wolverine was almost legitimately good too and then the CGI robot fight kicked in at the last minute.

>My prediction is the next generation of autistic nerds will flock to 80s action films like Rambo because modern society would deem that shit too toxic and offensive or somethin
Problem is that it's impossible to create a niche at this point. They would get flooded by normies who prefer the un-toxic reboot/remake/pre-sequel #15B and by the absolute retards "I like both!".
The only way to have a niche would be creating a microscopic bubble with hardcore gatekeeping that would defeat the entire purpose: creating a new subculture

The 20+ capeshit movies a year trend did

Yeah, there's been periodic "big" comic book movies all the way back to the 1930s but the floodgates only opened in 2008 with the near simultaneous mega-success of Iron Man and The Dark Knight.

Capeshit blockbusters before that were relatively rare anomalies, years passed between them.

Attached: 2MKVK7P4QRHUBH47TLFC2OR6EY.jpg (450x307, 19K)

No it's not, retard.
Capeshit isn't mythology and superheroes aren't mythological characters.
Fucking hate this meme

Brainlet take, as usual.
Now tell me how those superhero movies before current fad were in any way strangling the rest of movies.

I guess Joker-esque movies will probably be the next big "fad" now. They're aiming for that academy award.

>there's never been more options of what to watch or ways to watch it.
all of them combined are worse than pre-capeshit movies

10% of movies that get the 99% of resources and attention.

Drones will still watch because they don't know any better and can't be bothered to know better.

I'm almost okay with it since they basically took a 6/10 Scorsese homage and dressed it up in very few comic book trappings.

If they had called the movie "The Clown" and called Thomas Wayne "Asshole Von Richguy" the whole thing could have been made exactly the same with no connection to comics at all.

For the exact same reason that leftist/progressive politics hasn't died out - because there is a continual stream of naive children who are easily brainwashed into accepting lies when they are coated in the sweetness of propaganda.

Attached: 1557501411382.png (800x450, 455K)

Can you even call it a trend if it is going for 15+ years?

You probably don´t see the problem because are a drone, but literally nobody is going to go to cinema to watch "Sang Chi" at least fucking Wolverine appears in the trailer. And the same for Eternals.

>Nobody is going to watch a movie about a kung-fu master fight a wizard.
>In a world where a movie about a talking raccoon and a talking tree made bank.
Nigga what?

Attached: 2019.03.28-08.43-boundingintocomics-5c9d320567d54.png (750x400, 151K)

Yes. A trend kept artificially alive by marketing and manifactured hype.
It's a trend and also brainwashing

we've been hearing "nobody is going to go watch X" on here since the first avengers movie, that was supposed to be the peak and it's all downhill from here, but it just keeps rolling on.

Guardians of the Galaxy worked because of Thanos being in it after the big revelation in the post-credit scene from Avengers I, fortunety the movie was pretty good and the characters connected well with the audience, it was a great move. But is not the same thing now: Nobody cares about "the next big thing" without known nothing about it for three or four years, and same for these bunch of B-tier movies telling origins of literally who characters wihout the more charismatical avengers implied in some way.

They must put the fucking Fantastic 4 or X-men in "Black Widow", even in a post-credit cameo, if they don´t want to lose all the engagment

No franchise has ever printed money forever. Not Godzilla, not James Bond, not even fucking Star Wars.

They already use it for the left.

What makes thos pieces of shit profitable is not the movie itslef. The movies itself doesn't even try and for a good reason.
It's the intrusive unescapeable marketing, the BIG BRAND slapped on the NEW PRODUCT and the positive/negative controversy that created a never-as-dumb audience that is literally unable to stop watching shit.

how do you lose literally 95% of your viewerbase and not get canceled. also how do you chase away 95% of your viewers

Go from CBS to CW

Of fucking course. What's so fucking hard about doing a straight-up, 1:1, perfect adaptation of a popular comic? No diversity changes to characters, no "realistic" shit or dumb fucking changes to costumes, but a straight up adaptation? No matter how "dumb" people think it would look in the "real" world?

We live in the new e-consoomer era different from previous eras, it might never die.

If you're right then Thotkino should be dethroning capeshit any day now

Attached: 1562082106412.webm (814x594, 2.49M)

>2001 me
>get made fun of in middle school for liking dragonball z

>2018
>literally football niggers running around with goku t shirts

That costume is a HUGE mistake.

Explain what the cape version of tombstone and 3:10 to Yuma remake will be so I can get excited about capeshit when I’m 100

Don't worry, they already fixed it

Attached: supergirl-via-the-cw.jpg (1200x680, 87K)

Superman series
Batman series
X-men series
Spider-Man series
Blade series
Nolan bat series
>kys for being gay AND dumb

Are you actually retarded? Probably an MCU fan.

Just wait until Kang shows up on earths doorstep. All Marvel needs is another Thanos tier villian and they're back in the game.

There's talk of Wolverine being in Captain Marvel 2. They're going to have to address the mutant thing eventually.

I am very glad I stopped watching this show 3 episodes in.

I'd bet all my money on the fact that if they had her main costume look like pic on left, their viewership would be through the roof.

SJW propeganda.

Attached: gettyimages-51731608.jpg (2400x1673, 476K)

>MCU Kang
No thanks

Attached: Kangz.jpg (795x1200, 252K)

It's a shambling corpse being fueled by shoveling money into marketing. It'll go the way of most fads when people realize they're all the same damn movie.

>Yea Forums managed to get their fake faletter printed in one issue
This comic was so shit that we all had a blast reading it ironically.

Attached: 1550002300058.png (605x464, 329K)

It started in 2012. Hulk Thor and Captain America were mild hits, Green Lantern was a bomb. That would never happen during the capeshit craze after Avengers, when even stupid shit like Suicide Squad was a success

>bringing up Shapiro out of nowhere
get a load of this fuckin simp

>occasional isolated fantasy movies
>capeshit fad strangling hollywood like now
Stay retarded, capeshitter

A new even stupider audience will just supplant them

>y-yeah any day n-now

Embarrassing retard

>Blade
really?

You are the one who is clearly retarded.
Not our fault you literally can't think and communicate without shitty Yea Forums buzzwords you stupid cunt.
Take a break from this site, it's rotting your brain.

>2-3 capeshit a year
>pretends this is the output of the entire movie industry
why are you faggots like this?

>All those words to say literally nothing
Ok capeshitter

He's right you know. There's no downplaying this bullshit.

Attached: bo.png (632x1332, 87K)

all acting looks super silly without the context of an audience and a stage

>2-3 capeshit a year
>pretends this is the output of the entire movie industry

Embarrassing retard. Get a grip

I didn't want to step into your little pissing contest but you're definitely the asshole here. You can't even count lmao

they should fix it by giving her a slingshot bikini and high heels instead
fact!!!

oh so it's up to about 4 a year now? you're right I apologise, it's literally the entire industry.

Apology accepted, just be more careful in the future.

See? You are too retarded to even understand when people are talking to you.
Let me simplify it even further you retard: """capeshit""" has existed and been popular for fucking decades, the fact that you idiotic memesters didn't call it that before doesn't change that.
Imbecile.

No, you absolute mongoloid.
Capeshit didn't exist before current era, because capeshit =/= superhero/comicbook movie
Capeshit specifically refers to mass produced infantile marketing-led infantile overproduced cgi-heavy theme park rides that killed movies in 2010s.
Stay mad capeshitter

>"""capeshit""" has existed and been popular for fucking decades
Three Batman movies and a Spiderman trilogy don't really constitute capeshit. Those movies had charm and unique aspects to them, even the shitty George Clooney batman was more enjoyable than the MCU.
>they were popular even back then
No, no they weren't.

Hollywood trends are like the samurai who loses a duel in one of those old movies. Dead long before anyone realizes it.

I bet you think that was clever.

Attached: chilloutbra.png (1224x673, 910K)

It came out a month or two later, I think most people went to see it as an epilogue for Endgame

The Eternals looks boring as shit. Kumail Notjifunny and Angelina Jolie have me completely checked out. As soon as I heard she was involved I lost what minor interest I had left.

Don't forget women love them because they're addicted to hunky men and bright colors. They lack any ability to analyze anything which is why they can't watch and appreciate real movies.

Attached: 6dprcm7mtqw11.jpg (505x767, 95K)

Jesus fucking christ lol

Attached: 1582754771013.jpg (480x640, 155K)

Cause I like it.