The House That Jack Built

>“The House That Jack Built celebrates the idea that life is evil and soulless, which is sadly proven by the recent rise of the Homo trumpus – the rat king.”
Really? The ending seemed much deeper than that.

Attached: The_House_That_Jack_Built.png (220x327, 92K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ynZCDm0IEVM
vanityfair.com/news/2019/08/donald-trump-king-of-israel
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I had trouble understanding how the film tried to celebrate any kind of ideas about anything. I just saw it as a black-comedy, a self-aware description of a serial killer. In my eyes the ending just proved that the suffering of the psychopaths is so deep and well-rooted, that even if they cannot face it, they cannot escape it. Might be wrong though, I'm not a film expert. Liked the movie as a comedy though

His girlfriends nipples got hard in the scene where he calls her stupid. The actress got turned on by the verbal abuse. Try it out sometime if you think a girl is losing interest in you.

It's about a serial killer that goes to hell as depicted in the Divine Comedy
There was no rat king
There was no gay trumpets
It made no commentary on life beyond this serial killer
whoever wrote that quote is a projecting retard.

it was an allegoric autobiography of the director's career and works

The movie is blatantly and clearly anti-trump. Remember the red hats he gives to the people he is suppose to protect before he shoots them? The allegory is so poor it's cringe but it sure as hell wasn't ambiguous

Trump doesn't own the red hat, but I'll take your word for it, I never got that because I'm not obsessed with Trump.
The movie survives without that allegory, it's hardly essential to the film and you could ignore it completely.

>NOOOOOO YOU CAN'T JUST MAKE FUN OF TRUMP! NOT MUH DONARINO MUH HECKIN GOOD BOY

The image of that taxidermy kid is still burnt into my mind

Absolute state of libs in 2020

I have not seen it but I can tell it's based because of Bruno Ganz

This is a good movie. My palms sweated when I watched the ending, I was really hoping he'd make it across.

Attached: Climbing Jack.png (1280x1024, 1.15M)

It's a fine little house, Jack.

Attached: Verge.jpg (1080x608, 32K)

>thinking anyone can get across
a-are you a serial killer?

Well yeah if you're so stupid that you ignore what goes on in the world then you will definitely miss a lot of subtext in movies, tv shows, and books

>I was really hoping he'd make it across.
Me too, and then Fame would start playing, he would smile, then it cuts to black.

>ignore what goes on in the world
Trump is shooting people wearing red hats?

No but hope springs eternal

youtube.com/watch?v=ynZCDm0IEVM
That would've been great actually.

Cringe.
It was to show his hubris
No man can evade God's judgement.

>“The House That Jack Built celebrates the idea that life is evil and soulless, which is sadly proven by the recent rise of the Homo trumpus – the rat king.”
>Rat king
Thats a really offensive to refer to Jews, I hope the writer gets charged for hate speech.

vanityfair.com/news/2019/08/donald-trump-king-of-israel

I really really liked the depiction of hell in this. It shows Jack heaven (the fields and the sounds of the takes cutting wheat), and gave Jack a chance to get to it. The greatest suffering only happens to those who have hope of escaping it.

>film ends
>Hit The Road Jack starts playing
holy kino

>Jack is Lars
>the end credits are the feminists telling him to fuck off

Wrong.

Jack (Lars) has created too much disgusting shit to be granted a chance at the elysian fields (normal filmmaking). Read a book, you fucking serial-killer sympathizing incel losers, and NO the wikipedia summary of blood meridian doesn't FUCKING count.

>
>
>
>Jack (Lars) has created too much disgusting shit to be granted a chance at the elysian fields (normal filmmaking). Read a book, you fucking serial-killer sympathizing incel losers, and NO the wikipedia summary of blood meridian doesn't FUCKING count.

Attached: image.jpg (600x800, 180K)

nope, try again faggot.

>>>I QUOTE U

Attached: 706.png (550x550, 196K)

Ok, stay delusional until you burn in the eternal fire and wonder why the proty lies that you just had to accept Jesus didn't help you.

I should maybe watch this. Wasn't a fan of Nymphomaniac.

Am I alone in thinking that Matt Dillon is adorable in this movie?

Attached: Matt Dillon Jack.png (779x437, 343K)

Nice projection. I especially like the part about blood meridian. Got any more for me?

To date this is the only film that I've stopped watching halfway through. It's disgusting and anyone that likes it should be put on a list.

>Liking one of the best movies of the decade is despicable because I'm a pussy who can't see past the over the top violence
I don't even need a soiboy pic because that's how anyone envision you anyway

You understand that this is a movie and not real life, right? Something like Cannibal Holocaust that featured actual animals getting killed is something you should concern yourself with, not fake strangulations.

>look how edgy I am

dilate

I don't understand your negativity.

Other movies being even shittier doesn't make this not shit.

>shittier
>shit
You need to expand your vocabulary if you intend to properly communicate your grievances.

Tried to watch it with my girlfriend. She left the room because of the hunting seen so I still haven’t finished the movie. I left off after his girlfriend’s apartment. Worth watching the rest? I’ll have to finish it sometime

the ending is the best part.

Only sickos enjoy watching torture and murder, how's that?

Your alienation from humanity is unbelievable. Are you aware of what phrases like tragedy and catharsis mean?

its not real lmao

Didn't Von Trier say he was going to make a movie about a serial killer Trump before it was made?

Definitely watch it to the end, otherwise you'll have suffered through all that discomfort for nothing.

>equating tragedy to a scene of a dude plunging a knife into an old lady or killing a mother's children in front of her
You're embarrassing yourself.

How deep is this scene?

Attached: house that jack built.webm (960x540, 2.92M)

Y-yeah, it's not like those Greek protagonists ever did horrible, unjustifiable things to people...

>killing animals to eat them is wrong

Attached: 1583088284832.png (233x216, 9K)

>Maybe the house is the people you killed along the way.
Fucking really?

The only retarded part of the plot was he was killing people he knew personally. Serial killers rarely do that

I don't see how red hats relate to Trump, hunters have always worn red.

You're reaching. How many Greek tragedies feature gore?

Well it worked, didn't it? It had walls and a roof and a door to get in.

I dont see why it even matters if you eat them. Do you think the animal gives a fuck why it's dying lol

>noo not the heckin' gore

Stfu and go back

Attached: 1569862978952.jpg (308x308, 13K)

Do you think she could finish it despite not watching the hunting scene? Nothing in the movie bothers me. Already desensitized from shit like 3 guys one hammer

I don't know, I haven't ever tried listing that. Oedipus' eyes getting put out is pretty gorey.

Disgusting. Finger on the trigger when he is working the bolt, not leading his targets.

Directors never have them lead the targets in movies because people who don't use guns would be wondering why he's aiming above them.

I know, I'm just taking the piss.

Who said this? That is top-tier retarded.

The director of the movie. He was trying to pander to the people who ostracized him after he said he understood Hitler.

>so, I guess this... really is The House That Jack Built
>*The House Jack Built by Metallica starts playing as the credits roll*
Wow, truly a deep ending...

Attached: Screenshot_20200303_150603.jpg (726x489, 61K)

>Trier baiting another pleb to overanalyze his films
He's been doing it since Riget and you're still getting baited

this actually happened

all of them

Uhh, no? Their classic literature, their high brow, their not lowers common denominator shlock with gore

can someone objectively tell me whether or not this film actually has more predictable orangemanbad shit in it? is it really supposed to preach? i thought von trier was better than that... i'd lose a lot of respect. i absolutely loved Shelley.

no, there is none.

There is not a single reference to Trump in it. Hunters wear red because red stands out so your fellow hunters won't shoot you thinking you're a deer or something. It has nothing to do with MAGA

This film has absolutely nothing to do with trump or US politics.

Stop listening to trolls on the internet.

>Be one of the best films I've seen in recent memory
>Read reviews after
>Critics literally saying the film is bad because its "too dark" and "the violence wasnt needed"
Holy shit thats the point. The whole point of the violence being a work of art is the message of the movie.

Attached: samual hyde.png (593x491, 430K)

Trump has such a high impact on the world how could you ignore it !!!????

Attached: 1555742771092.webm (580x608, 347K)

you are wrong

Hit the road, Jack

The last 15 minutes of this film were incredible and using Hit the Road, Jack for the credits song was just the cherry on top.
10/10

Attached: 1567013746129.jpg (1920x808, 496K)

If you weren’t an idiot you’d realize “look how edgy I am” is exactly the mentality this movie dissembles

The movie isn't trying to present itself as realistic.

You missed the point. Violence is not art. Jack deludes himself into thinking all the senseless violence he commits is something greater than it is. He's a monster that can't build or create anything, no matter how much he wants to.

This is true actually. It's been a while since I watched it but it still justifies the violence on screen

>Ooh, you hit her in the face with a jack, Jack! You're such a dangerous and smart man!
Why was Verge such a meaniepants?

hit the road jack

I saw this movie thinking it was ironic, or a black comedy. For the first 30min I thought the joke was that Jack/LVT's pseudo-intellectual ramblings, misinterpretation of classics, and gesturing to symbols that have no meaning, etc... all delivered in a totally straight/deadpan way... was an satire of LVT's own work and the pseud fans he has. How wrong I was. After a few minutes you realise that this film actually does take itself seriously. It's tasteless and shallow, I thought that was the joke.. But the "joke" if there is one, is simply the shock value of seeing this tasteless violence (inb4: the violence is infact exqwisit.. beautiferous... sublime... art IS violence.. i am deep...). That is, the joke is supposed to be on the person saying that the film is tasteless and shallow. The thing that LVT, and infact all nazis/alt-righter/anti-sjws/shock-comics don't grasp is that we're not angry or "triggered", we're disgusted and bored. Critics haven't been "owned" by you making them repulsed and bored. You're not "provocative/rebellious/etc".

If the film was ironic I would say, fine. But the fact it WAS completely serious, and its fans take it seriously, makes it even funnier to me. THTJB is what happens when arrogance collides with ignorance.

Attached: fleabag-shocked-face-1552952479.jpg (400x400, 11K)

It doesn't seriously attempt to do that at all.

>He's a monster that can't build or create anything, no matter how much he wants to.
Yeah and he can't even create his death house he just gets the frame up, it's a piece of shit like all of the other stuff he tries to do because he isn't some gifted killer he's just an asshole.

Should have jumped across the bridge

The distance was actually manageable

based hyphenate-bridge

The “I’m just pretending to be retarded” logic

That quote is brilliant.

Trumpanzees are still subhuman garbage, tho.

The movie literally has a scene where a blood trail leading directly to his kill den is washed up by rain. Remember the scene where he encourages the girl to scream for help? Jack thinks that he doesn't have to try and hide his murders because he has some sort of divine being watching out for him.

Sorry but if you aren't an artist yourself you can't really grasp the intent of this movie.

Jack tries to justify the violence. He gets sent straight to the deepest pits of hell. If the movie really tried to present it's violence as anything other than abhorrent, then the ending would contradict that, wouldnt it?

>Jack thinks that he doesn't have to try and hide his murders because he has some sort of divine being watching out for him.
Really? I thought he said that it was just luck.
Theres also a scene that gets referenced a couple times when Jack is a child and he runs though the reeds leaving a trail for someone to find him, just like his murders.

Fuck off, moron.

Not explicitly, no. Probably not even implicitly, though interpretation is yours. Regardless, you sound like a social-politics-obsessed fucking faggot who would consider *any* criticism of Trump to fall into the category of "orange man bad".

That's what an autist would say!

Why is CH so controversial for showing animals getting butchered while classics like Apocalypse Now and Andrei Rublev do the same thing and nobody cares?

>HE'S THE PRESIDENT YOU CAN'T MAKE FUN OF THE PRESIDENT, YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE THE GOVERNMENT YOU HAVE TO LIKE EVERYTHING THEY DO

the only post in this thread that matters didn't even receive a reply

says a lot about Yea Forums's ability to understand cinema

>>look how edgy I am
That is literally Lars’ MO

>von Trier gets accused of being a Nazi
>has his stand-in praise Stukas and the holocaust
Absolute madman

His performance was fantastic, I really hope he starts getting roles again.