Attached: XFILESpepe.jpg (481x637, 17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HiSjdv0J0Sw
youtube.com/watch?v=BrxQR9Gbfjc
youtube.com/watch?v=TYdC1uwO4UI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Something I used to watch on winamp channels as a kiddo in 240p

The good far outweighs the bad for me.

I love seasons 1-6, half of 7, all of 11 and the first movie. The rest has its moments but ultimately the first 6 years of the show IS the show.
A lot of people think it lost its soul after they switched from Vancouver to L.A, but I think they managed to hold on to it for at least a year before it started getting bland.

Fucking great. Even the later seasons are worth watching once.

Only thing in the later seasons that truly made me fucking mad was them trying to make it seem like it was just a serial killer that killed Mulder's sister in some 2 parter completely ignoring the clones of her that we have previously seen in multiple episodes.

Chris Carter truly out did himslef.
Somehow the ending for season 11 is worse than the ending for season 10.

My favorite monster of the week episodes.

> S1/E15 - Darkness Falls (killer glowing bugs)

> S2/E15 - Fresh Bones (voodoo in detention camp)

> S3/E14 - Grotesque (red foreman & gargoyle serial killer)

> S3/E22 - Quagmire (lake monster)

> S5/E4 - Detour (chameleon dudes in woods)

> S5/E11 - Kill Switch (computer virus & sexy hacker chick)

> S6/E13 - Agua Mala (tentacles in hurricane)

> S9/E8 - Hellbound (people being skinned)

> S10/E4 - Home Again (band aid man)

For the record I am actually a big fan of the mythology episodes which a lot of people aren't sadly.

>sexy hacker chick

Attached: 1545146843322.png (540x304, 221K)

Attached: 1545146474095.jpg (1920x1080, 165K)

Scully wanted to hate fuck her so much.

Attached: 1545146946812.gif (480x300, 711K)

>chameleon dudes in woods

Attached: 1563947606244.jpg (400x170, 38K)

OP also check out Fringe. It's a lot more consistent then The X-Files. Some dislike the final season but it's still damn good.

Kill Switch was cringekino

ALL OF THESE WOMEN ARE SPIES

i just got done rewatching the movie a couple days ago since im rewatching the series atm

>mythology episodes
They shouldn't have ever done more than Mulder getting blocked, one way or another from either discovering/exposing "The Truth".
The only thing govt conspiracy he should have got the answer to, was uncovering the mystery of his sister, Samantha.

It's "The X-Files". Not "The FBI Case Files".

They never planned an overall arc for the aliens/govt conspiracy endgame, and it shows.
The S9 finale wasn't good, but it felt like and acceptable place to stop, based on the mess that happened in S7/8/9.
I Want To Believe was luckily a MOTW story, and did some classic MulderxScully stuff.
S10/11 was just a tazer on the mythology dead horse. Just making it twitch for our entertainment, rather than having a story to tell/end.

A masterpiece of television.
A perfect balance of "monster of the week" and "mythology" episodes. The show is about Mulder's quest to find his sister, expose that aliens are real and to stop a government conspiracy for colonization, but Scully is the heart and soul of the show. She's played to perfection by Anderson her balance of Catholic scientist skeptic to Mulder's non-religious yet believe anything paranormal strikes a perfect balance.
The side characters from Smoking Man, X, the syndicate members, Lone Gunman, the Alien Bounty Hunter, Skinner, even Scully's mom are all great.
The show looks and sounds better than most shows today and uses tons of great practical effects.
10/10.

The ideal stopping point for the grander mythology episodes IMO was when the Syndicate was burned alive by the faceless aliens. That was after the 1st movie right?

They could still have CSM after that becoming more selfish and active after the bigger plans had been ruined.

I forgot to mention I'm only talking about seasons 1-6.
7 was eh and after that is garbage.

>S1/E13 - Beyond the Sea (Brad Dourif ep)

>S2/E20 - Humbug (freakshow ep)

>S3/E4 - Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose (guy can see how people die)

>S3/E20 - Jose Chung's From Outer Space (too weird to describe)

>S4/E20 - Small Potatoes (guy can shapeshift)

>S5/E5 - Post Modern Prometheus (black and white ep)

>S5/E12 - Bad Blood (obviously)

>S5/E19 - Folie a Deux (bug man that only Mulder can see)

>S6/E4/5 - Dreamland (Mulder switches bodies)

>S6/E6 - How the Ghost Stole Christmas (a fun ep)

>S6/E15 - Arcadia (Mulder and Scully play house)

>S6/E21 - Field Trip (an acid trip in the woods)

I didnt like the excessive light hearted episodes in 6

I tried that show. It oozed teenage angst and about the same level of counciousness. Might have been the Abram factor.

>Stargate SG-1
>Twin Peaks
>X-Files
>GoldenEye
Can all be in the same universe due to this soundtrack and the metallic sounds that come from it:
youtube.com/watch?v=HiSjdv0J0Sw
Half Life 1-2 also give the same atmosphere.

Attached: X-Files_S2_Still_047.jpg (2700x1819, 471K)

This. The few times they talked about hacking and shit was 90s cringe.

>that episode with the inbred hillbilly's that fuck their disabled mom and it was never reshown again on television

>an acid trip in the woods
How did Chris Carter know what me and my friends did in the woods in high school?

The ideal stopping point was after S5 burned down The X-Files. Use the movie to wrap up that, tie it into Scully's abduction, and finish the Samantha story.
But honestly, I'm way more of a MOTW fan to really care. In the first 1.5 seasons, I was all about the mythology episodes, mostly thinking that the MOTW episodes were a waste of time. Part of the way through S2, I realized that the MOTW episodes were the good ones, and the mythology episodes were just hypetrain to nowhere.
>the small moments that help define the characters, mostly found in MOTW stories, are the best part
>Mulder and Scully holding hands, after getting rescued from the spores in Field Trip
>Scully singing "Jeremiah was a Bullfrog" while holding Mulder in Detour
youtube.com/watch?v=BrxQR9Gbfjc

Attached: Field Trip.gif (245x150, 723K)

i always like the episode where CSM is outside the lone gunmen's location on top of a building and they go over the CSM history with the JFK assassination

>It oozed teenage angst
What in the fuck are you talking about?

Attached: ZZZ-reactions (1).jpg (1139x577, 398K)

i dont think it was more consistent, and im saying this as fan. they tried to replicate what made X-Files work. Fringe seasons 1-3 were pretty good and they left it open ended enough with enough mystery to sustain it for some time, but then they had to wrap it up in 4 and 5 and it just went to shit, and the mystery eventually evaporated. the show ended on notes unrelated to anything mentioned in earlier seasons.

Toothless and boring use of UFO mythology.

>When you realize the Disney/Fox merger likely means a woke reboot
Given Duchovny and Anderson wanted out you know this is going to be the case.

Attached: 1581434892448.png (1080x561, 84K)

>Agent Einstein
>Agent Miller

Any good X-Files expys/rip off series?

I heard pic related is great.

There was suppose to be one called Occult with sexy AF Lynn Collins but it was never picked up for series, she said in a comment on her youtube that it was just too dark.

Attached: Haunted_(TV_show_-_promo_poster).png (250x350, 157K)

>Disney
>X-Files
>Reboot
Fuck that. They will never capture what made the series great in the first place.

Attached: secret ingredients my friend.jpg (1836x3264, 384K)

>sexy AF Lynn Collins

Attached: 13123bc4ad69cec5a7d0843999f3c043.jpg (722x900, 123K)

It's based although episode quality varies wildly
the top tier MotW episodes make the show

Want mulder Jewish?

The exact same thing happened to Star Wars.

>What's/tv/ opinion on the X-Files?
Scully's the best strong female character on screen in the last 30 years while still maintaining her femininity.
Post-Modern Prometheus is also kino.
youtube.com/watch?v=TYdC1uwO4UI

Yeah, the creator came back years later, had no idea what made it great in the first place, and told stories that retconned the original.

>Scully's the best strong female character on screen in the last 30 years while still maintaining her femininity.
Buffy and Angel have characters that disagree.

>xfiles cringekino
my favorite episode even though its pure shit

Attached: fps.png (1920x1080, 3.01M)

>watch S1 to S5 and the movie
>nothing else
>get maximum comfykino

Oh shit you're right, which means one thing.
We found Daisy Ridley's perfect post-SW gig.

6 is still great, 7 has great MOTW. Stopping with the movie is a bad call.

>We found Daisy Ridley's perfect post-SW gig.
FUCK NOOO.

Attached: brosnan1.png (1002x720, 617K)

I'd rather stop at the movie than halfway through a season. It makes the story wrap up neatly.

You're missing out on the T1000 years.

Attached: t1000.jpg (736x929, 88K)

Mythology wise seasons 1-4 were the best. That's when the overall conspiracy was at its most mysterious and creepy. After that...well it had some good moments here and there but you can tell they were just making shit up as they went. There were scattered kino MOTW episodes throughout. Though force my hand and I still preferred the mythos.

I thought both movies were terrible. The first film had decent story but was horribly bland. The second movie had good atmosphere but a snoozer of a story that wouldn't have cut it as one of the tv episodes.

Seasons 10 and 11 don't exist to me.