Characters are heroin addicts

>characters are heroin addicts
>film glamorizes their lifestyle

Attached: TRA088BH.jpg (1800x1012, 122K)

For me, its sick boy

No you're just butthurt it doesn't completely dehumanize them

They kill a baby...

>glamorizes

This was before the heroine outbreak in the american north, user. Pulp Fiction also dealt with this subject matter and to this day its still praised by many normalfag film school freshmen as "the best movie ever made."

really makes u think huh

>n-no it doesn’t
Doesn’t stop it from being every junkie and edgelord’s favorite movie because
>whoa dude drugs are crazy man

Smack addicts are less than human.

what part is glamorous, the guy shitting himself or the guy dying of aids or the baby being starved or the guy fishing around a backed up toilet for heroin

enough with these threads

I like this movie but it gets kinda slow at a certain point

Name one film that doesn't in some way. Also, anyone who has actually tried heroin knows the line about it being 1000 times better than an orgasm or whatever it was is 100% true, if anything, that undersells it.

yeah, they just added a baby's death to try and give it a tragic twist

Naw it’s because they view the characters shitty lives as reflections of their own disappointing existence. Similar to how you Korean basketweavers bond over body pillows and shit

Drug addict/gangster movie
>95% of the movie glamorizes their lifestyle
>Bad shit happens in the last portion of the film
"See, the movie was criticizing their lifestyle all along!"

This right here.

danny boyle is disgusting. everything by him is obscene and fetid and insulting to life itself. the only film of his that works is this one because in this case it was meant to be like that. This movie is like the first episode of lena dunham's girls where you laugh like, oh look at these horror movie characters, they're such monsters, i can't wait for them to be screaming and guts splattered -then later you realise lena thought you would sympathise with the characters. And Danny thinks tenement toilet junkie death in the dark is what life is - rather than just what his life was. He's catholic

>director is a satanist
>makes satanic films

Attached: opening9-e1345052370854.jpg (500x274, 20K)

I somewhat agree. In my favorite scene when he shoots up and falls into the floor while “perfect day” starts playing, even though by what I’m told it is a really accurate and creative portrayal of the feeling it can give

Attached: FEDA2863-BE51-43F5-A00B-433D3B421910.gif (480x265, 489K)

>fetid
You're not Clark Ashton Smith, calm down sperg.

where's the glamour or the gangster shit?
>inb4 fucking an under aged girl is glamourus
only on Yea Forums

Are you fucking kidding?
>money
>power
>women

and whats wrong with that?

he’s afraid he might want to do some heroin

>characters are heroin addicts
>film shits all over their lifestyle
>good film. nobody likes to see a different point of view.

I’m pretty conservative but for fuck sake try looking at something through different lens or stick to your TBN movies

Money
>they were always broke and scamming/ robbing people for drug money
Power
>main character was a broke junkie that stuffed heroin up his ass and rarely got laid
Women
>he fucked a high school girl and sucked with women and another girl let her baby die in a crib

Sorry but you have shit understanding of this movie. The only glamorization of drugs is at the end when he admits that pursuing the normal things in life is boring. The Hurt Locker has the same message but it’s talking about war instead of heroin so your puritanical brain probably understands that movie but not this one.

Why do you keep making this thread?