I don’t get the dislike

It’s the best Halloween outside the original.

Attached: 4944EB36-22FE-43EA-9517-1A0AE53AD8FB.jpg (312x445, 34K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/4I19xgC1xHA
dreadcentral.com/news/282688/john-carpenter-labelled-halloween-ii-an-abomination-during-1984-interview/
youtube.com/watch?v=iYkEbYEXU5k
aznude.com/view/celeb/k/kathleenkinmont.html
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6E1FC8A1B4F1F681
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What hate? From a small minority. I’ve seen most people enjoy 2.
The music is creepier in 2 for me at least. It sounds more mechanical. More stressful. Especially “the shape stalks again”
youtu.be/4I19xgC1xHA

Dr. Loomis the true OG.

2 is fine, but I just like 4 a bit better.

The mask and JLC wig are worst parts of H2. Everything else is kino.

I THINK HALLOWEEN II IS AN ABOMINATION AND A HORRIBLE MOVIE. I WAS REALLY DISAPPOINTED IN IT. THE DIRECTOR HAS GONE ON AND DONE SOME OTHER FILMS AND I THINK HIS CAREER IS LAUNCHED NOW. BUT I DON’T THINK HE HAD A FEEL FOR THE MATERIAL. I THINK THAT’S THE PROBLEM, HE DIDN’T HAVE A FEELING FOR WHAT WAS GOING ON.”

—-John Carpenter

dreadcentral.com/news/282688/john-carpenter-labelled-halloween-ii-an-abomination-during-1984-interview/

Kino sequel. In fact I'd argue its the best slasher film ever. I consider the original stair up Horror/Stalker flick.

Love John but he had a hate boner for this film from the.jump and was sued into writing it. Most of his reshot footage was GORE which was very not Halloween. I think Rosenthal's cut was trying to be more atmoapheic and suspenseful like the original and Carpenter wasn't having any of that shit lol. Either way H2 as is, is awesome.

I agree. Halloween is not about kills/body count. It’s pure atmosphere. Though I liked H18 it really was lacking atmosphere

I love 4 the most but the tone of those two are so different

The mask in 4 is dogshit though. Worst mask imo

I prefer HII theme to HI. The synths just work for me.

Makes the hair on the back of your neck stand up

How the hell did the director and production not demand a better mask

Attached: F8297AF2-3ACE-477C-8D1A-A46DD4AED63D.jpg (747x646, 151K)

It honestly ruins any scary moments when I watch it. Especially when he comes up from under the bed and the lightning cracks. It looks comical

I didn't know there was hate, this is my favorite Halloween movie.

I just don’t get why they changed the mask. I get in the continuity, Myers original mask burned at the end of H2.

But it looked like they made lots of those masks and Myers just grabbed another one at the store.

They couldn’t make a new mask with Shatner cast?

Attached: E394C4B6-CD39-4322-AD3C-0512997DFED1.jpg (2800x1178, 272K)

>Paul Rudd was in one of the 90s ones
>just looks the same

Does this dude ever age

Someone could possibly make a fan edit where the mask is replaced with the original mask. Couldn't they? That would be badass because part 4's really good.

It’d be easy with CGI now

There were about 3 or 4 different masks in H20.
I still think Zombie's H2 has the scariest mask.

Attached: H2.jpg (440x335, 18K)

only women and soibois care about horror movies

I don't get the dislike for this one either.

Attached: Halloween_III_Season_of_the_Witch_film_poster.jpg (255x390, 17K)

that's exactly what a soiboi would say

this movie still crosses my mind when im in a hospital

They still use the rob zombie version in most articles, kino look

And to think some people bitch about the setting and how it's unrealistically dark. It's a horror movie. Who gives a fuck if it's super realistic? It looks creepy as Hell!

his H2 is great. glad people are finally coming around on it.

I thought it was good too. The first three are all solid in my book. After that, it varies.

It's definitely the spookiest of the series. The whole thing is just really unsettling. But y'know. Doesn't have Michael, so the normies weren't having it.

Some way Gayson fans hated F13 5 because of Roy

Honestly, I just wish they had followed that story through the cliffhanger. Tommy as a serial killer for the next flick would have been cool, and they could have come back around to Jason eventually in much the same way they did.

Tommy becomes a serial killer but then Jason revives and then they have a crazy duel. Machete vs machete.

That'd be something. The heroes have no way to deal with Tommy, so they bring back Jason to kill him and let him have his peace at Crystal Lake.

people generally like it now.

Eh I like the Part VI we got. Tommy makes his peace with Jason and gets his waifu. My favorite of the series for it

Part 4 will always be my favorite, even if they did rob us out of an epic tits scene. It's so comfy, and full of October vibes.

Attached: A No Show.jpg (895x1074, 153K)

Yeah, I'm not complaining about Jason Lives, probably the last great F13 flick. Just musing on what could have been.

Attached: halloween2neca.jpg (1000x667, 64K)

It's hot garbage you contrarian fuck. Tell me about how chronicles of riddick is good too.

Great opening theme
youtube.com/watch?v=iYkEbYEXU5k

It’s time Michael

Attached: 7B02AE86-C833-4A8C-886F-3734D773B3D7.jpg (646x365, 33K)

The mask looks fantastic when it's got some shadows overlaid on it, It's just when it's fully lit that it looks poor.
See pic related.

Attached: gM4EzrA-1.jpg (742x628, 214K)

Attached: gM4EzrA.jpg (3100x3251, 873K)

shooting michael in the eyes wasn't a great idea in retrospect

My fan theory is just that Myers himself turned off the lights as he wandered the Hospital. Because when Laurie arrived all the lights were turned on.

Check out Visiting Hours & Cold Prey 2 for some more solid Hospital slashers.

Last time I watched the movie, I noticed that the hair turns blond in one shot. It really threw me off because it was so blatant.

It's especially odd because the actress has zero problem getting fully naked elsewhere - aznude.com/view/celeb/k/kathleenkinmont.html
The director must have been a prude.

Look at all the horror movies that copied H2 by having their sequel take place in a hospital/nuthouse. Elm Street, Hellraiser. Friday the 13th part 3 was supposed to be Ginny on a hospital but changed when the actress declined to do it

the OG mask and the 2018 remake mask are kino

Bump

The twist was clunky and ended up polluting the whole series.

Agreed. I still don’t get why they fucked with the original mask for the sequels.

Halloween 3 is best Halloween

I just found it to be rather boring, and the sister twist is lame. Also the kills aren't that exciting and it turns into a generic slasher and lacks the spookiness of the original.

bad taste

I love 2 but we do see too much of MM. Seeing his eyes was a mistake. And yes the sister angle is fucking terrible. There's a rumor going round that, I shit you not, they may pull that same bullshit in Halloween Kills.

Laurie dies
There I just saved you 15 bucks

It's a bit of a step down from the first in terms of style and storytelling. However I agree that HII is still the best sequel of the bunch. In particular I think it captures the menacing evil of Michael Meyers like no sequel since quite did. There is also a degree to which the movie felt like it was flexing on the rest of the slasher genre too. H2 does not have the most gruesome kills in slasher history but few slasher villains feel as evil or menacing as Michael Meyers. Few slashers have as much atmosphere as Halloween. H2 was a noble effort to emulate Carpenter's style.

Halloween III has the best Carpenter soundtrack of the series.

youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6E1FC8A1B4F1F681

Halloween III's main problem was that Halloween II was already made. If Halloween III was Halloween II I think it would have had a better chance to succeed, especially if it was strongly marketed that the series would be anthological from the second movie out. Instead it followed a sequel that directly continued from the first which cemented the series as being about Michael Meyers.

I like that the mask looks cheap. I've seen the design for H4 in stores more than any other mold/shape and its just more iconic to me. I like the (unintentionally) campy aspect of it too

Incompetent fucks.

Halloweenmovies.com found a bunch of deleted scenes from Halloween 5 including the Dr Death stuff but we haven't heard anything from them about it in a while.

Attached: zza6 (58).jpg (2277x1783, 759K)

They may have gotten sued for the Shatner mask.
Don't tell yer mom I Shatner mask.

I'm more than okay with that. I didn't want her back to begin with. To me she was best utilizedas the scared out of her fucking wits teen in the first two. I actually felt SCARED for her there. Where as in H20/R/H18 and no doubt the upcoming film she's just STRONG WOMAN AINT AFRAID OF NO BOOGEYMAN and politics aside it just takes away from the creepiness of The Shape.Plus her involvement since 1998 always means the film will partly feel like some LIfetime Original Drama bullshit, where as the first two films felt like...ya know....HORROR movies.

God help me I've grown to like the mask for both 4 and 5. 4 is even more expressionless than the original and is fairly creepy in that regard and when lit right it looks pretty cool. And yeah why wouldn't it look like some cheap shit you'd find at Wal greens, that's pretty much where he gets it from this time right?

As for 5....I dunno...it looks weird in a good way to me. Like the European Lore version of how The Shape would be described in the old times or something?

But i do get peoples beef with both.

Definitely had the best soundtrack.