Unadaptable

Post unadaptable works that'd you still like to see.

Attached: 414853.jpg (253x416, 45K)

I'd love to see a good adaption of Foundation
let's see if Apple actually delivers

also pic related

Attached: 1576958579135.jpg (1256x2063, 629K)

what do you think? they got Jared Harris at least.

Attached: FDF594DA-E0A7-4D5A-9E00-79D75DFB9B82.jpg (750x1286, 153K)

But they already made 12 Star Wars movies user

>Gaal is a black woman
oh fuck off and please kill me

Trash books with more interesting worlds than any stories happening in them.

I never got the love for Asimov, Clarke, Heinlein, etc. All of their Sci-Fi is just soapboxing to push their globohomo views, and the settings have become outdated by now. I'm just fine with Sci-Fi movies and vidya. Pick up a textbook and contribute to the cause if you like "muh space" so much. When I'm interested in Space, I wanna see cool designs and Space Chads like Shepard fuck shit up and go on cool adventures. I don't give a single, solitary cent for some random dick's, who couldn't cut it as an actual scientist, "pay it forward" philosophy. And I actually do my work. But when I relax, I'd rather go for Dune, Mass Effect, WH40K or whatever else. You faggots are just pretentious. You couldn't cut it in Physics or Engineering or other similar fields, but you like "muh space", so you read that drivel to be different from the normalfags and their "icky soft sci-f-I mean space fantasy".

@ me all you want, (you) know I'm right.

Attached: 1583200394160.jpg (300x380, 34K)

>salvor hardin and gaal dornick as black women

Attached: 1568939931958.jpg (800x450, 101K)

This is my favorite Philip K. Dick novel. Ubik would also make a good short film.

Attached: fd96895003094b013cc9783b7df9b7f4.jpg (371x611, 48K)

Attached: 2020331102450image.jpg (188x269, 41K)

infinite jest

Attached: 6EA0DBEC-312A-4141-AC34-DFFCF692A218.jpg (1871x2560, 452K)

> "sci-fi" movies
> capeshit
> WH40K
>WH40K
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHhahahahahahahaha.....ha......ha, ha oh.
Into the fucking trash you go.

I reading this right now

> Mass effect
kek jesus christ

Attached: 2BC63DF2-CC3A-40A4-A7C6-AF157F51D1DF.jpg (294x430, 22K)

They're already adapting it into a tv series. I read it a few months ago btw. Mediocre. Don't get the hype.

Isn't one of the main characters towards the end of the book a gay brown guy?

Attached: md30164648196.jpg (300x499, 26K)

Obligatory
>visually impossible, unless the effects budget was in the billions
>there religous themes and hyper masculinity would never fly in pozzed Hollywood
>GW doesnt want 40k to be popular in any way that isnt an advertisement for the TT
>leftists would hate it for obvious reasons
>neckbeards and fans would hate it and nit-pick ever tiny detail to death
Funny enough it would actually work way better as an anime

Attached: 22m70sr4nzaz.jpg (1095x730, 70K)

>WH40K

Attached: rel.jpg (306x306, 68K)

Attached: 187b423cbce858d0b9e11fc48346a36e.jpg (450x700, 134K)

Obligatory. Imagine if it was directed by J.J. Abrams.

Attached: A2ED89E8-491E-4406-A744-0359BF25F767.jpg (229x350, 31K)

*directs Blood Meridian*
*makes it the biggest kino humanity has witnessed*

Attached: maxresdefault-19.jpg (1280x720, 88K)

>Dune
>WH40k
>Mass Effect

Attached: 1542156744806.gif (250x250, 1.14M)

Attached: ps.png (367x515, 527K)

>we will never get a 12 part movie series covering each book
>we will never get the story of Persia vs Greece starting at the beginning when the Phoenicians started it all with a kidnapping
>we will never get the portion where xerxes has the Aegean sea whipped and shackles thrown in to taunt it as he is conquering it when he crosses
>we will never get to see the Egyptian soldier telling pharoh that wherever his junk went women would be there so he needn't worry about leaving his wife
>we will never see scythians marijuana saunas
>we will never see the survivor of the battle of thermopalye further dishonor himself by breaking rank and going berserk on the Persians at the battle of platea
>we will never witness the Macedonians switching sides at the last minute
>we will never see the Spartans joining battle at Platea at the last moment before the Athenians are whiped out, thus saving the day
The Histories would be kino of the highest order, but itd probably take more than 12 movies and the budget would be astronomical. I did not even mention the conquer of Babylon, nor it and Egypts construction projects, nor the great ziggurat and the forced whoring of women in persia

Attached: the histories.jpg (267x400, 34K)

user hate to break it to you but people sometimes just read stuff because they want to.

The Sprawl trilogy is unadaptable because without the cryptic prose it will be too capeshity and normie.

same for Feersum Endjinn and the phonetic prose

>You couldn't cut it in Physics or Engineering
user I am in this and I enjoy Asimov and Heinlein. Not on a OMG MUH BASEDENCE level, but theyre good stories. Puppet masters was legit just fun to read

>The Sprawl trilogy
Read Neuromancer, liked the first half when theyre building up to the heist, but the second half felt like a let down.

Reading Count Zero right now. Am I gonna be disappointed by the Mercenary's storyline?

you read those novels for the prose not for the story as now it turns all the technology in these is becoming too real.

>you read those novels for the prose not for the story
I really don't like his prose. He comes off as a pseud. Much prefer more bare bones prose that aren't trying to be fancy.
I read the first cause the story sounded cool, same reason im reading the second.

Even Azimov admitted that the later discovery of Chaos Theory completely invalidated the idea of Psychohistory. If you ignore that the ideas are still great even if the writing is average.

Based. also my favorite of his

> unadaptable because without the cryptic prose
They say that about many novels that eventually end up on the screen - admittedly not always successfully.

Mistborn

Just when you think the tension can't keep increasing ... it does.

Attached: gap cycle.jpg (325x499, 48K)

It could be done , but it would be hard

Attached: Booknewsun.jpg (257x387, 17K)

Attached: 19844197._SY540_.jpg (330x540, 37K)

They will NEVER adapt this

Attached: 2012-01-13_image1.jpg (800x454, 453K)

>implying reality didn't adapt it

Attached: pincipia discordia buggs bunny.jpg (500x305, 34K)

This entire series

Attached: genies.jpg (800x1158, 196K)

It'll never be made because of the obvious similarities to and inspiration drawn from Lord of the Rings

Attached: 510w828lanL._SY294_BO1,204,203,200_[1].jpg (499x296, 38K)

Attached: 1534656980673.png (1768x1212, 160K)

>After briefly contemplating suicide, Mandella assumes the post of commanding officer of a "strike force", commanding soldiers who speak a language largely unrecognizable to him, whose ethnicity is now nearly uniform ('vaguely Polynesian' in appearance) and who are exclusively homosexual. He is disliked by his soldiers because they have to learn 21st century English to communicate with him and other senior staff and because he is heterosexual.

Attached: 200px-TheForeverWar(1stEd).jpg (200x294, 13K)

I don't remember any of these characters except for Seldon himself.
Where's R. Daneel Olivaw?

>no 45 minute long episode about an autist eating captain crunch or a text-to-speech rendition of someone's literotica submission

Attached: cryptonomicon.jpg (1200x1742, 184K)

> Story literally contains The Eternal Jew
Damn right it's unadaptable

Attached: 1567645455869m.jpg (1024x576, 50K)

>Where's R. Daneel Olivaw?
In the I, robots series.

> This occurs in ~2700 in the novel
> Will occur in ~2070 IRL

>be cursed forever because you got caught talking shit
Bruh, if Yea Forums was around when jesus was being crucified we'd all be cursed.

I'm thinking of Second Foundation, maybe.
The one where Seldon goes on adventures book-burning archives and adopting niglets

would legit be impossible to film with most of the book taking place in the 4th dimension and all

Attached: 517MpJwr3lL._SX293_BO1,204,203,200_[1].jpg (295x499, 43K)

I guess you never read the other Foundation novels he wrote after the original trilogy. For some reason he thought it would be a good idea to cross over the story with his Robot series. The whole search for Earth and finding Daniel in the middle of the Moon was laughably stupid.

The only way it could work is if it's just different short stories taking place in the foundation setting. Some of the short stories in the first Foundation book could be adapted, but all the Golan Trevize stuff from the last 2 books is just impossible for film.

I liked the plot but this series was painful to read just because of that one Mary Sue whore/journalist character who everyone loves for no reason, she was just so fucking insufferable.

MorningLightMountain did nothing wrong

They tried to tie up the big three book series of Asimov's into one big series by having the foundation secretly run by psychic androids. But that happens much later.

Attached: foundation arkady.jpg (1215x1600, 270K)

Attached: 220px-Alastair-Reynolds-Blue-Remembered-Earth-Cover.jpg (220x332, 28K)

> The part where he wormholes nukes into every other hivemind nexus in the solar system simultaneously
Best part of the series
Totally unfilmable

Being played by Laura Birn, Demerzel was a pseudonym he took when setting up Trantor and being an advisor to one of the first emperors. I guess there's going to be scenes of him (her, now, I guess?) Talking with Hari Seldon. Seems like they're going to include a lot of pre-foundation trantor stuff based on the prequel novels.

This is a good choice

Ridley Scott was set to make this and Channing Tatum to star. Its on the back burner now I guess

until it goes too far, and the last 2 books forget they're space opera and end up just being soap opera
except Angus, he's completely based through and through

The scale would have to be too big. No way you can condense this into one movie without it feeling incomplete either. Plus how do you make a movie that's completely in the darkness of night

Attached: IMG_1154.jpg (806x1373, 930K)

Attached: index.jpg (177x285, 13K)

It could be done by John Hillcoat. The Proposition was basically the closet thing to a Blood Meridian movie.

Attached: 51WwqYJn4yL._SY445_.jpg (312x445, 29K)

I'd like to see someone take a run at Electric Ant, probably as a short. Faith of our Fathers too, seems a lot more doable to expand to feature length. Maybe by Ben Wheatley, he'd at least be my top choice to direct the trippier parts.

Last adaptation didn't count.

Attached: dark_tower.jpg (220x338, 25K)

The last couple books were enough to sour my opinion of the whole thing. I don't think I could get invested in it again knowing how wrong it's eventually going to go.

Fug, late to the thread but whatever.
Any of Egans works
Three body trilogy
An actual faithful adaptation of annihalation and not that garbage fire that came out
Revelation Space

I was fine with VII. I wasn't a big fan of VI.
I also wasn't a big fan of Wizard and Glass when I first read it because I wanted to see the story continue from The Wastelands which was the closest thing to paper crack I have ever read.

>The story starts soon after the federal government has confiscated all civilian firearms in the country under the fictional Cohen Act. Turner and his cohorts take their organization underground in order to wage a guerrilla war against the System, which is depicted as being under Jewish control.[4] The "System" begins by implementing numerous repressive laws against various forms of hate, by making it a "hate crime" for white people to defend themselves when crimes are committed against them by non-whites even after all weapons have been confiscated, and pushing for new surveillance measures in order to monitor its citizens, such as requiring them to possess a special passport at all times and in all places in order to permanently monitor where individuals are. The "Organization" starts its campaigns by committing acts such as the bombing of the FBI headquarters, then executing an ongoing, low-level campaign of terrorism, assassination, and economic sabotage throughout the United States.

Attached: ipcvda74u3x31.png (1500x1116, 2.1M)

It's hard to read let alone to adapt. I think Wallace was an interesting character but man he is overrated as both a writer and a thinker.

Amazon is sitting on Zelazny's Amber series, and has been since 2017, without doing anything with it, most likely because they can't figure out how to adapt it.

>we will never see the survivor of the battle of thermopalye further dishonor himself by breaking rank and going berserk on the Persians at the battle of platea

He did it to join his brothers. Two Spartans got eye injuries/infections at Thermopylae, he followed Leonidas' orders and left, the ither refused those orders and stayed. His repayment for maintaining discipline and following a difficult order that meant abandoning his phalanx to certain death was the other Spartans considering him dishonorable and craven. He was not going to do that again, and gods bless him for his bravery.

We'll get our live action adaptation soon enough :^)

"Dead Hand" - "the general', in Foundation And Empire - would be kino. Seriously.
Bel Riose and Cleon II as Belisarius and Justinian just totally taking BACK all the things.

Attached: BelRiose.jpg (680x680, 36K)

Pierce was such a hack. It's a pity George Lincoln Rockwell got killed because he was 100000x better than the hack that was Pierce. All Pierce did was rip of Revilo Oliver for his works as well.

Attached: God_Emperor_of_Dune_Cover_Art.jpg (306x512, 135K)

he is brown, no idea about gay

Asimov was a real scientist you fucking faggot