What's TLOU of film?

10/10 10/10 10/10 10/10 10/10 10/10
The Godfather II of video game sequels 10/10 10/10 10/10 10/10 10/10 10/10 10/10

Attached: images.jpg (228x221, 9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=V82rzXwvJKE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>What's TLOU of film?
TLOU

Children of Men, since they’re basically the same

And that's a good thing
Cinematic games are kino whether Yea Forums or Yea Forums are ready to admit it or not

Attached: 1583160691446.jpg (262x263, 9K)

children of men it's way better, no zombies or bullshit like that

I mean compared to film classics, not necessarily similar in story.

Attached: 1579766200182.jpg (560x555, 29K)

Seething plebs

Yea Forums is the only place that could ever really appreciate the cinematic elements of a game, abd yeah games like rdr2 are kino but they are GAMES first and they fucking sucks to play

Stick to Super Mario then

Attached: Heheheheeh.png (851x778, 268K)

RDR2's missions can be a bit repetitive and it's slow paced af but the story, graphics and acting make it one of the most kino games. Never have I thought there would be a sadder death than John Marston's

I don’t play games but I liked RDR2 the only game I’ve played in 20 years. Are there any other good games like that?

The first RDR, which is a better game.

But the cinematic elements are always """"Heavily inspired"""" by other movies. Every single popular video game story is just a knock off of another film, but zoomers always praise the game because they don't watch film.

shit game for faggots

The Road

here's your (you) because that bait made me mad, because I know there's people out there with that opinion unironically.

Attached: 1539172645931.jpg (1384x640, 45K)

I hold that opinion unironically. It's not bait. Seethe.

Both are on my top 10, but RDR2 is objectively the better game.

Using cinematic elements is fine as it's using another medium's language to communicate to the audience, and often that is cool to fans of both genres. My go to example is the Lawrence Fishburne Othello where they have Iago still giving his asides (cant remember the proper word) to the audience, in plays esp Shakespeare characters would literally talk directly to the audience, 'Malcom in the Middle' style where no one around them acknowledges it. youtube.com/watch?v=V82rzXwvJKE

But 1995 Othello is not the 'film of the decade'. It's upsetting to see the TLOU praised so highly due to it using substantially more cinematic elements than gameplay elements to get it's story across, you might as well watch a movie. The best part of the game is the opening and the ending because they mirror each other, is both a great introduction and conclusion to Joel's arc in the game, and also is entirely playable. Winter is also very strong with gameplay encounters feel significantly more dangerous thanks to the weather and the perspective change. A brainlet might say "but but what about MGS?" well MGS backs up it's large number of cutscenes with interesting framing in said cutscenes and also incredibly in depth gameplay while TLOU is a lot of close ups of Joel and Ellie looking tired/angry/sad with an okay third person shooter mechanics to actually play.

Attached: 1563162785353.jpg (640x800, 44K)