On Ridley Scott

On Ridley Scott
>Ridley Scott has, for some odd reason, received accolades that far outpace his actual accomplishments. He’s made one entertaining film, Gladiator, and a host of second rate films masquerading as masterpieces. Scott is a key player in the rise of the infernal shaky-cam, which is not only biologically inaccurate (the human eye adjusts for bodily movements), but incredibly annoying. For that alone, he should be exiled to a land without cameras.

On Michael Mann
>All style, no substance.

On David Lean
>Everything Lean made is too long by at least half an hour. I know it’s mortal sin to suggest that Laurence of Arabia, Dr. Zhivago, The Bridge on the River Kwai, and Ryan’s Daughter are anything less than masterpieces, but … they’re all less than masterpieces.

On Darren Aronofsky
>Aronofsky is a talentless dud who has bamboozled his way into Hollywood upper echelon. Every film he’s ever made is a disaster. Pi is a jumble of nonsense that starts nowhere and goes nowhere. It may be the worst film ever made. Watching it made me want to rip out my own retinas, then replace them through surgery, then rip them out again. Of late, Aronofsky has been spicing up his chaotic, disordered crap with explicit lesbian sex scenes, a stylistic trait he apparently cribbed from David Lynch. Not one of his films has been a major commercial success. Yet somehow, someone keeps giving him money. It’s enough to make one question the existence of a beneficent God.

On Mike Nichols
>No. Just no. The Graduate is contemptible and snort-worthy spoiled 1960s-child angst. The ending of that movie alone makes it unworthy of human viewing. All future directors take note: having your main characters staring blankly into nothingness is not an ending. It is a cop out. Nichols’ directorial style is ordinary and he picks bland material. And he was an icon for the Baby Boomers. If that’s not a sign of their mental disturbance, I don’t know what is.

Attached: 55b6c459-81d9-42a3-ab82-1657bd57f9a3.jpg (600x500, 185K)

Other urls found in this thread:

breitbart.com/entertainment/2010/01/17/top-10-most-overrated-directors-of-all-time/
namestyle.me/natalie_watts
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

On David Lynch
>Pure and absolute suckage, with the exception of The Elephant Man. Lynch is one of those annoyingly “deep” directors we’re all supposed to puzzle over. Forget it. There’s nothing worth puzzling. He’s as empty as they come, and he makes up for it with graphic sex scenes, just like his imitator, Aranofsky.

On Tarantino
>He is a gifted high school child given a camera for his birthday, and entranced with his knowledge of cinema. Which means, in simple terms, he doesn’t know how to tell a story. Sometimes Tarantino’s films actually capture a struggling thought and bear it triumphantly a prisoner … until the idea dies of servitude and overwork.

On Woody Allen
>He’s pretentious and unbearable. His movies are like nails screeching on a chalkboard, only with less humor. He is as nerdy as Peter Orszag, but he acts out his fantasies and illuminates his insecurities in film and expects us all to watch. It’s okay for a director to be self-centered – Orson Welles was famously self-centered. But you actually have to be an interesting person in order to spend that much time focusing on yourself. Allen isn’t.

On Scorsese
>His films are entirely devoid of anything resembling likable characters. They are cold and calculating and ruthless – and boring. Taxi Driver is perhaps the most overrated film in Hollywood history — dreary, grungy, and subzero. Scorsese has never seen a main character he liked, a villain he hated, or a pair of editing scissors.

On Hitchcock
>He never made a great film. He was the Stephen King of the silver screen: he made films with great premises, but he never knew where to go from there. The psychoanalysis at the end of Psycho is laughable. If you want to see good Hitchcock, rent Alfred Hitchcock Presents. Restricted to the one hour medium, he’s at his best. Left to his own devices, he’s slightly better than mediocre.

Attached: 5e0e6aa966ecf.image.jpg (445x445, 24K)

should i buy Express VPN?

>>Pure and absolute suckage, with the exception of The Elephant Man. Lynch is one of those annoyingly “deep” directors we’re all supposed to puzzle over. Forget it. There’s nothing worth puzzling. He’s as empty as they come, and he makes up for it with graphic sex scenes, just like his imitator, Aranofsky.
LYNCHED

i'm surprised they haven't revoked his jew card and taken his key to the vault of jerusalem back

>even Benji admits The Elephant Man is pure kino
based

Attached: lynched.webm (720x384, 598K)

>On Darren Aronofsky
>Not one of his films has been a major commercial success. Yet somehow, someone keeps giving him money.

Yes, it truly is a great mystery Benji. Shalom!

Ridley Scott's movies are generally ignored by critics, audiences and award shows alike. Dunno why he's being called overrated here.

cringy prose, cringy content
he is a literal fascist, all counter-culture reeks of degeneracy to him; he'd like arno breker style idyllic pastoral sketches (but with an ethnically diverse crowd), but settles for capeshit in the meantime

To be fair, Paul Thomas Anderson is a goy and keeps getting funding despite all his movies being flops

>They are cold and calculating and ruthless – and boring
And yet he loves Nolan.

Why is Ben so wrongpilled? Does he do it for the clicks?

Pta is half Jewish

Why do people care what this dweeb thinks?

You got the cold and calculating right, but not the boring.

WTF is this Mossad schleprock game playing Yid doing on Yea Forums?

He's never spoken a word of truth except when he espouses widely know principles. He waffles more than a house of pancakes. Sewing division wherever he goes by taking on controversial issues from a slightly left position then plays the common sense unity card to reel in the suckers.

Then... he'll hold a speaking event at a popular liberal college pre arranged by the campus dean. The campus dean makes sure all the leftist groups on campus boycott the event and the liberal media places 'lil Shapiro on a pedestal by carrying the destruction that occurred at the event on the evening news.

Ann Coulter plays the same card. She dated a Rothschild.

Go home Shapiro. No one wants you here.

Maybe I'll start a podcast...

Attached: Screen Shot 2020-02-07 at 6.08.41 PM.png (1268x1402, 1.29M)

who is this guy? i've seen his picture posted a few times, why should i care what he thinks?

Just shut the fuck up kike i won't ever watch capeshit so you can stop trying

>David Lynch
>>Pure and absolute suckage, with the exception of The Elephant Man. Lynch is one of those annoyingly “deep” directors we’re all supposed to puzzle over. Forget it. There’s nothing worth puzzling. He’s as empty as they come, and he makes up for it with graphic sex scenes, just like his imitator, Aranofsky.

unsurprising that he can't recognize sincerity or soul since he's a arrogant, closed off, bitter jew

Attached: 1509858175692.jpg (1902x1942, 492K)

A jewish conservative radio host who essentially embodies the "trigger the libs, own the libs" milquetoast right attitude that's fairly mainstream right now. The far right hates him because he's a zionist stooge who only supported America over Israel when challenged by a mexican child. The left hates him because he vocally opposes trannies and shuts them down with his "facts and logic" approach, which is particularly infuriating to the feel-driven left.

I've listened to the Ben Shapiro show every single day for the past 17 months, minus the weekends. I listen to every "sunday special" every morning.

Post nose.

Uncut user rolling here.

I'm white but too centrist to have any serious opinions about anything. Shapiro is the perfect option .

>Maybe I'll start a podcast...
count me in

>Michael Mann
does Thief still hold up?

Attached: 1482388872716[1].jpg (400x614, 81K)

>The far right hates him because he's a zionist stooge who only supported America over Israel when challenged by a mexican child
kek

just post his sister

Why would they do that to their favorite controlled opposition?

>On Woody Allen
>>He’s pretentious and unbearable. His movies are like nails screeching on a chalkboard, only with less humor. He is as nerdy as Peter Orszag, but he acts out his fantasies and illuminates his insecurities in film and expects us all to watch. It’s okay for a director to be self-centered – Orson Welles was famously self-centered. But you actually have to be an interesting person in order to spend that much time focusing on yourself. Allen isn’t.
this is true, I like his movies but he wants to force this persona of him being a weak and misunderstood geek that ends up being nauseating because of how strong it is

Link here: breitbart.com/entertainment/2010/01/17/top-10-most-overrated-directors-of-all-time/

HOLY FUCKING BASED

>On Michael Mann
>>All style, no substance.
He does have a few films where he focuses more on stylistic choices but that IS the substance. I don’t like that saying at all, there’s nothing wrong with aestheticism. Tokyo Drifter has a shitty plot but the visual style more than makes up for it. So many people forget that film is a visual art form, and not just theatre with a camera

>no Kubrick
what did he mean by this

I didn’t make it clear enough, I’m not saying Mann directed Tokyo Drifter, that’s just a good example of an aesthetic-focused film. I know only autists like Shapiro so I thought I’d point that out in case they get confused

My gramps once told me that anybody who starts an argument by saying "No. Just no." deserves nothing but contempt. Seems the old man was right.

>he is a literal fascist
Lmao, he’s a nasally neo-con pipsqueak who cucks to the left whenever possible, says things like “race [...] is just a melanin level”, and cries like an sjw over antisemitism. He voted for a *literal* open borders guy in 2016, dude’s a straight up retard

>Facts and Logic
>Is an Orthodox Jew and lives his life according to rigid, nonsensical rules he thinks were laid down by an invisible sky daddy
He’s just a retard who used to have the chutzpah to not bow down before trannies (like he does now)

You should read Borge's withering take on Citizen Kane, it's hilarious

roll desu

>Borge's

I can't agree with Ridley Scott. Kingdom of Heaven and White Squall are masterpieces and Matchstick Men was amazing too.

What director does he actually like?

he liked star wars rise of skywalker so probably jj abrams

Shapiro? Fascist? Now I like him. I saw and listened to tons of his stuff and found him to be along the same lines as a "former" trotskyite neocon but this one post by you, the most intelligent man alive, has opened my eyes!

Lmfao did he really? What a manchild

>Scorsese has never seen a main character he liked, a villain he hated, or a pair of editing scissors.
SLAMMED! I think Scorsese just has a much more earthy perspective, life is short and all that, what are you going to do

>hates aronofsky because Pi named the jew
Has he talked about a director he does like? Im going to guess Nolan, but anyone else?

sorry it was correct and then I changed it. You know his name is Jorge Borges right?

>The far right hates him because he's a zionist stooge who only supported America over Israel when challenged by a mexican child.
context?

JEW FAGGOT
E
W

F
A
G
G
O
T

I'm cumming in hot.

Attached: 1492912676050.jpg (500x383, 53K)

This guy has the worst taste in art and culture

I am partial as well to the clean and scientific prose of Borges.

>All style, no substance.
they're fucking movies, style is substance
>reading the rest
oh so this is just your bait collection alright

To be fair he probably likes JJ, so no matter what he made benny would be a fan of it.

How do any of these directors represent "counter culture"?

>On Mike Nichols
>And he was an icon for the Baby Boomers. If that’s not a sign of their mental disturbance, I don’t know what is.
Hate this short-than-Joe Rogan manlet, but how can one man be so based

>On Darren Aronofsky
Listen to the man speak: he has the depth of an effeminate HIV+ transsexual latino-chinese Brooklyn cabbie.

>On Tarantino
Once Upon a Time is is first good film since Jackie Brown, and it's still an inferior Under the Silver Lake.

>On Woody Allen
>Allen isn't [an interesting person]
No nebbish pederast petite juif is. Ever.

>On Scorcese: .... or editing scissors
This cuts right to the bone.

>Hitchock: Stephen King of the Silver Screen
Bingo.

>On Ridley Scott
Trash take.
Scott is England's Von Trier (from the technical prowess standpoint), but with the 'nation of shopkeepers' traits Napoleon bemoaned (somewhat philistine, pragmatic to a fault). Not the best with original vision at all, but more capable hands you could not ask better for to execute a great script.

TL;DR

Ben Shapiro is an irrelevant, uncultured fucking jew.

Attached: 1580617673974.png (928x8840, 1.22M)

I usually have a reaction of visceral disgust when it comes to Shapiro, however it's hard to disagree with anything here. That doesn't mean I'm not entertained by the work of these directors.

Where is his take on Snyder?

Isn't that Zelda Williams?

>Once Upon a Time is is first good film since Jackie Brown, and it's still an inferior Under the Silver Lake
This is the worst take I’ve ever heard in 6 years of reading this board. You’re an utter retard

Of all the shit lil Ben gets wrong, who the fuck finds Goodfellas boring? Zero-T faggot

Fantastic cinematography, but empty as fuck story. Decide what's worth to you.

Funny that he should bring up Welles given what he himself said about Allen.

Guess how many jews are on the list.

darren, mann, nichols, allen are all jewish. tarantino is also now married to a jewish woman and lives in israel. that's 4 out of 10

Is there some directors he actually like?

oh no

What the hell. ROLL EM

Roll for khazar milkies

>ambiguous retard face

Our interactions are mysteries of nuance left for us to try to interpret...

Looks like Ben's getting extra lucky tonight!

it's like he's talking about himself

r-roll

Rollinnnn

Rolling for 1

>His films are entirely devoid of anything resembling likable characters
Why does ben think films have to have likable characters?
ARGHGG

Literally who

Do people actually listen to and read opinion pieces? Don't you have thoughts of your own?

D-don't laugh.

pls no laff

is this real?

true, ridley is the patrician choice, the omega pleb filter

Here I go!

come on baby daddy needs a new pair of sneakers!

r o l l i n g

Attached: 1559803702140.jpg (1280x670, 145K)

He's talking about old Ridley Scott.

>He’s made one entertaining film, Gladiator

I always thought Shapiro was a mirthless dick, now I know it.

Attached: MV5BMDViNDlkNjQtZmMyOC00ZTY4LWFkNTktMzliMTk1YWM0MjU0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_.jpg (1280x1944, 1.48M)

rolling time

rollin

No, invest in Birch Gold

Ever since my brother started listening to JRE all he does is listen to JBP, the amazing atheist, this guy, PragerU videos and especially Sam Harris and Steven Crowder.

gib khazar milkies

roll

>roll
Fuck jannies
Fuck Ben
Fuck jannies

Roll nagger.

Jewish directors

So, you have no convictions, ethical viewpoints, or ideas beyond what you're told. Children are centrist. The bitch that never knows what restaurant to go to but doesn't want what anybody suggests is centrist. It's the weakest type to be.

Hey, I thought NOAH was pretty good.

kys

>On Hitchcock
>He never made a great film. He was the Stephen King of the silver screen:
Stephen King never made a film, he only has written books which were adapted. Apples and oranges kike.
>he made films with great premises, but he never knew where to go from there.
Clearly he never saw Vertigo.
The psychoanalysis at the end of Psycho is laughable. If you want to see good Hitchcock, rent Alfred Hitchcock Presents. Restricted to the one hour medium, he’s at his best. Left to his own devices, he’s slightly better than mediocre.
What a shithead. Shove this one into the oven.

roll

Under The Silver Lake is garbage, watched it a few days ago. Awful directing, awful script, decent performance from Garfield. I didn't even finish reading your post because you are stupid.

rawling

Attached: 1523215515367.png (192x475, 223K)

It's a bunch of excerpts from this: namestyle.me/natalie_watts

He is such a bad writer.

/thread

>Stephen King never made a film
duh, otherwise someone else couldn't be the Stephen King of the silver screen
>inb4 you being retarded somehow means that I'm a Ben Shapiro fan

I SAVED 1 BEN SHAPIRO MEME CUS IT WAS FUNNY

Attached: 1583042258538.jpg (748x708, 69K)

>Shapiro is a fascist
youre a fucking retard, he's a cringey neocon who tries to act hipster-y to make mainstream conservatism more appealing to young people.

5-inches-exactly user reporting in

Roll

IT IS FUNNY

SHES JUST TRYING TO DO HER JOB

BUT FACTS DONT CARE ABOUT HER FEELINGS

Roll for milkers

Does it make Ben SEETHE that his sister is taller than him and far more attractive?

Attached: 1560581593280.jpg (1080x1168, 138K)