Is this the most overrated movie in the entire history of cinema?

Is this the most overrated movie in the entire history of cinema?

The end twist can be guessed before the middle of the movie if you have at least 3 remaining braincells, because hints so obvious that they aren't even funny are disposed everywhere Marla is never in the same room with Tyler and the main character, or the fact that Tyler accuses main character of making his own appartement explode, or the fact that tyler knew about the exact furniture that main character had when they grab their first beer together

It's full of clichés that really only appeal to a 14 year old edgelord who hates his parents, such as "muh oxygen in planes is there to make you docile during a crash", or a very naive outlook on the problem of consumerism that pretty much everyone agrees with and is actually very shallow "ur not defined by what u possess xDD consuming 2 much is not good".

Overall I felt that this movie was unironically written by a 15 years old, so many people told me to watch that movie through the years that I thought it was really good, in the end it feels like I lost 2 hours of my life

Attached: 5dbf645218162b380e6a7cb4adedeec8.jpg (333x500, 202K)

I definitely remember it being a painful watch

got filtered lol maybe next time op

Attached: 1554761254765.png (1280x720, 708K)

The first time someone told me to watch that movie, I was 13, I really should have watched it by then, that way I would have kept a good memory of it.

Problem is, I decided to watch it at 24

You think it's obvious because you have already seen it
If you have worked at least one day in your life you know the movie is right, it does has pretty edgy shit like the "don't fuck with us" part but time has proven it true and project mayhem doesn't seem like a bad idea anymore

A gay man wrote the novel... take it as you want

>Is this the most overrated movie in the entire history of cinema?

no

>muh oxygen in planes is there to make you docile during a crash
???
And yeah Palahniuk was a confused literal closet homosexual when he wrote the book

Somehow this movie was interesting. Might be the completely insane plot.

Watch it again after researching Occult Gnosticism for at least 12 years.

>You think it's obvious because you have already seen it

No, I knew that Tyler was in the head of main character halfway through my first watch.

>project mayhem doesn't seem like a bad idea anymore

You mean ruining the efforts of those who were smart enough to avoid debt, and give a free pass to everyone who wasn't? Provoking the collapse of society instead of trying to truly change it?

Tyler says this the first time they meet in the airplane

Why if the author hasn’t?

It's a fun movie but you have to take the excessive cynicism lightly and just let the movie have its anarchistic cake and eat it

It doesn't really have anything to say outside of its cartoonish anti-consumer beliefs, but it's visually dazzling and highly inventive. Very entertaining. Pitt's a blast.

Attached: shutterstock-editorial-5884287s-1571089587.jpg (2443x1629, 474K)

I mean, yes, it does look good, and it does feel good, to some extent.

But so does a whore, yet I won't marry her or parade her around as the woman of my life

I guess that was my point

chuck palahiniuk what did you expect?

>No, I knew that Tyler was in the head of main character
Ok I'll give you that I thought he planned everything beforehand because it started to not make sense but that just makes it a perfect twist, it hinted everything in a clever way

>You mean ruining the efforts of those who were smart enough to avoid debt, and give a free pass to everyone who wasn't?
Ok kike

Every good twist can be guessed before it happens.

It's a good movie of the 90s that's why it became a classic like the Matrix or American Psycho.

The perfect movie for Zoomers to look cool by hating

>Every good twist can be guessed before it happens.

True, but not as obviously as this

no its a great movie

You're the first person I've seen who claims to have seen it coming from a mile away so it really wasn't that obvious to everybody.